About Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ:ADSW)
Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. is an integrated provider of non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, recycling and disposal services operating primarily in secondary markets or under exclusive arrangements. The Company's segments include South, East, Midwest and Corporate. As of December 31, 2016, the Company had its presence in 16 states across the Midwest, South and East regions of the United States, as well as in the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, served approximately 2.7 million residential customers and over 200,000 commercial and industrial (C&I) customers through its network of 90 collection operations, 72 transfer stations, 21 owned or operated recycling facilities and 39 owned or operated active landfills. The Company's vertically integrated environmental services operations can be classified into three lines of business: collection services, disposal services and recycling services. The disposal services include transfer stations and landfills.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Industrials
- Industry: Waste Management, Disposal & Recycling Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:ADSW
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.advanceddisposal.com/
- Market Cap: $2.17 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 88,355,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $24.67
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $24.67
- 52 Week Range: $18.32 - $25.71
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 38.38
- P/E Growth: 4.66
- Annual Revenue: $1.44 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.51
- Book Value: $9.41 per share
- Price / Book: 2.61
- EBITDA: $394.8 million
- Net Margins: -0.05%
- Return on Equity: -0.10%
- Return on Assets: -0.02%
- Average Volume: 370,880 shs.
- Short Ratio: 1.94
Frequently Asked Questions for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ:ADSW)
What is Advanced Disposal Services' stock symbol?
Advanced Disposal Services trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ADSW."
How were Advanced Disposal Services' earnings last quarter?
Advanced Disposal Services Inc (NASDAQ:ADSW) issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company reported $0.16 EPS for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $0.12 by $0.04. The firm earned $383.10 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $372.78 million. Advanced Disposal Services had a negative return on equity of 0.10% and a negative net margin of 0.05%. The company's revenue for the quarter was up 7.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $0.10 EPS. View Advanced Disposal Services' Earnings History.
When will Advanced Disposal Services make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Advanced Disposal Services' stock going? Where will Advanced Disposal Services' stock price be in 2017?
10 equities research analysts have issued 12 month price targets for Advanced Disposal Services' stock. Their predictions range from $22.00 to $27.00. On average, they expect Advanced Disposal Services' stock price to reach $25.22 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Advanced Disposal Services.
What are analysts saying about Advanced Disposal Services stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Advanced Disposal Services stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. is a waste management company. It offers waste collection, transfer, recycling and disposal services for residential, commercial and industrial customers. The company serves primarily in United States. Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. is based in Ponte Vedra, FL. " (10/6/2017)
- 2. Wedbush analysts commented, "We believe Advanced Disposal Services' (ADSW) regional presence positions it to benefit from favorable demographic trends in the majority of markets it serves, volume growth from municipal contract wins in mid-2017 and small, strategic acquisitions to leverage its operating network. However, with the net debt/adjusted EBITDA (AEBITDA) ratio ~4.7x, the majority of free cash flow generation is expected to repay debt implying that inorganic growth is likely limited to small collection-oriented transactions. Absent a large acquisition or reported volumes accelerating and turning positive, we see limited upside surprise to CY17 guidance for AEBITDA and FCF and view the risk/reward profile as neutral." (2/27/2017)
- 3. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "We reiterate our Buy rating and raise the target price to $25 on Advanced Disposal (ADSW, Buy, $22.02). The 4Q16 results should bring focus to both the improving operating leverage of the income statement and the meaningful upgrading of the balance sheet following the IPO and debt refinancing completed in October and November. Recall ADSW has not fully anniversaried a negative sales impact from contract turnover, asset sales, conclusion of special waste projects that would account for a probable reported negative volume. Reported price is expected to be over 2%. We look for FY17 guidance of organic growth of 2% plus price and 1% volume, acknowledging the sales headwinds anniversary by 2Q17." (2/21/2017)
Who are some of Advanced Disposal Services' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Advanced Disposal Services include Covanta Holding Corporation (CVA), US Ecology (ECOL), Renewi PLC (RWI), Casella Waste Systems (CWST), Biffa PLC (BIFF), Heritage-Crystal Clean (HCCI), Sharps Compliance Corp (SMED), Perma-Fix Environmental Services (PESI), Augean plc (AUG), Vertex Energy (VTNR), Marathon Patent Group (MARA) and Renewi PLC (SKS).
Who are Advanced Disposal Services' key executives?
Advanced Disposal Services' management team includes the folowing people:
- Richard L. Burke Jr., Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Steven R. Carn CPA, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- John Spegal, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President
- William W. Westrate, Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer
- Michael K. Slattery, Executive Vice President, General Counsel
- Matthew C. Gunnelson CPA, Chief Accounting Officer, Assistant Treasurer
- Bret Budenbender, Director
- John Miller CPA, Director
- Jared Parker, Director
- Matthew Rinklin, Director
When did Advanced Disposal Services IPO?
(ADSW) raised $376 million in an IPO on Thursday, October 6th 2016. The company issued 19,300,000 shares at a price of $18.00-$21.00 per share. Deutsche Bank Securities, Credit Suisse, Barclays and UBS Investment Bank served as the underwriters for the IPO and BofA Merrill Lynch, Macquarie Capital, Morgan Stanley, Stifel, SMBC Nikko and First Analysis Securities were co-managers.
Who owns Advanced Disposal Services stock?
Advanced Disposal Services' stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Nationwide Fund Advisors (0.06%) and Sit Investment Associates Inc. (0.04%). Company insiders that own Advanced Disposal Services stock include Steven R Carn and Tanuja M Dehne. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Advanced Disposal Services.
Who bought Advanced Disposal Services stock? Who is buying Advanced Disposal Services stock?
How do I buy Advanced Disposal Services stock?
Shares of Advanced Disposal Services can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Advanced Disposal Services' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ ADSW)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Advanced Disposal Services and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Advanced Disposal Services stock can currently be purchased for approximately $24.56.
Consensus Ratings for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ:ADSW) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Hold Ratings, 7 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.70)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$25.22 (2.70% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ:ADSW)
Analysts' Ratings History for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ:ADSW)
(Data available from 10/24/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/4/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$26.00||High|
|8/7/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Boost Price Target||Buy||$25.00 -> $26.00||Medium|
|8/7/2017||Barclays PLC||Downgrade||Overweight -> Equal Weight||$26.00||High|
|5/4/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|3/3/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$22.00 -> $27.00||N/A|
|2/27/2017||Wedbush||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$21.00 -> $22.00||N/A|
|10/31/2016||Credit Suisse Group||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||$24.00||N/A|
|10/31/2016||First Analysis||Initiated Coverage||Overweight||$26.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ:ADSW)Earnings History by Quarter for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ ADSW)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017||Q2 2017||$0.12||$0.16||$372.78 million||$383.10 million||View||Listen|
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||($0.02)||$0.04||$341.08 million||$347.40 million||View||Listen|
|2/23/2017||Q416||$0.06||$0.20||$352.09 million||$352.00 million||View||N/A|
|11/2/2016||Q316||$0.05||$0.06||$361.30 million||$360.60 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ:ADSW)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.42
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.34
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ:ADSW)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ:ADSW)Insider Trades by Quarter for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ:ADSW)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/2/2017||Steven R Carn||Insider||Sell||18,666||$25.36||$473,369.76|| |
|9/1/2017||Steven R Carn||Insider||Sell||18,666||$23.89||$445,930.74|| |
|8/7/2017||Tanuja M Dehne||Director||Buy||1,000||$23.04||$23,040.00|| |
|8/1/2017||Steven R Carn||Insider||Sell||18,666||$24.26||$452,837.16|| |
|7/3/2017||Steven R Carn||CFO||Sell||18,666||$22.73||$424,278.18|| |
|6/21/2017||Steven R Carn||Insider||Sell||55,000||$23.07||$1,268,850.00|| |
|6/12/2017||Steven R Carn||Insider||Sell||45,000||$23.37||$1,051,650.00|| |
|5/17/2017||Steven R Carn||Insider||Sell||55,000||$21.87||$1,202,850.00|| |
Headline Trends for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ:ADSW)
Latest Headlines for Advanced Disposal Services (NASDAQ:ADSW)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Advanced Disposal Services (ADSW) Chart for Tuesday, October, 24, 2017