About Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ:AXON)
Axovant Sciences Ltd. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on acquiring, developing and commercializing therapeutics for the treatment of dementia, including Alzheimer's disease and Lewy body dementia. The Company intends to develop a pipeline of product candidates to address the cognitive, functional and behavioral aspects of dementia and related neurological disorders. The Company is focused to develop its lead product candidate, intepirdine, a selective 5-hydroxytryptamine 6 receptor antagonist, for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB). The Company also focuses on developing nelotanserin, a selective 5-hydroxytryptamine 2A receptor inverse agonist, for the treatment of rapid eye movement (REM) behavior disorder (RBD) in DLB patients, and visual hallucinations in patients with Lewy body dementia. The Company’s pipeline also includes RVT-103 and RVT-104.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Sector: Healthcare
- Symbol: NASDAQ:AXON
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.axovant.com
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.34%
- Current Ratio: 5.94%
- Quick Ratio: 5.94%
Sales & Book Value:
- Annual Sales: N/A
- Price / Sales: N/A
- Book Value: $1.26 per share
- Price / Book: 4.02
- Trailing EPS: ($2.31)
- Net Income: ($180,950,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -146.93%
- Return on Assets: -97.18%
- Employees: 69
- Outstanding Shares: 107,710,000
Frequently Asked Questions for Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ:AXON)
What is Axovant Sciences' stock symbol?
Axovant Sciences trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AXON."
How were Axovant Sciences' earnings last quarter?
Axovant Sciences Ltd. (NASDAQ:AXON) posted its quarterly earnings data on Monday, August, 7th. The biotechnology company reported ($0.65) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.53) by $0.12. View Axovant Sciences' Earnings History.
When will Axovant Sciences make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Axovant Sciences' stock going? Where will Axovant Sciences' stock price be in 2017?
11 brokers have issued 1 year target prices for Axovant Sciences' shares. Their forecasts range from $3.00 to $30.00. On average, they expect Axovant Sciences' share price to reach $14.68 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Axovant Sciences.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Axovant Sciences stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Axovant Sciences stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Axovant Sciences Ltd. is a biopharmaceutical company which focuses on the acquisition, development and commercialization of therapeutics for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders. Its product candidate includes RVT-101 which is in different clinical trial for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Axovant Sciences Ltd. is based in Hamilton, Bermuda. " (11/9/2017)
- 2. HC Wainwright analysts commented, "We hosted a conference call with a medical physicist on October 17, 2017. The consultant highlighted a number of key benefits associated with ViewRay’s MRI-Cobalt and MRI-LINAC as well as main differences between ViewRay’s low-T MRIdian technology and competitor Elekta’s yet-to-be approved High- T Unity system. Replay information available upon request. KeyPoints High-T vs. Low-T. While in the context of a diagnosis, a high-T system would surely lead to greater image resolution, the low-T system appears more suitable in the treatment phase where the key lies in the ability to locate the patient’s tumor in a dynamic way. Image quality, it turns out, can be improved through various techniques according to our consultant." (10/19/2017)
- 3. Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "We see these results as mixed but positive for the company's first foray into this under-studied disease. First off, nelo' did appear safe/well tolerated, which was a non-zero risk in this population. In addition, the study suggested some benefit on ADL and motor function ' not exactly what we were expecting, but if replicated could address a key unmet need in DLB especially. We didn't yet see improvement on visual hallucinations but longer dosing in more patients may be helpful here. We'll await full results around mid'17, and remain optimistic these results and/or the DLB-RBD study will inform a Phase III program for nelo' in at least one LBD symptom complex. For now, nelo' is upside to our valuation and we remain focused on the pivotal programs for RVT-101 in AD and DLB." (2/13/2017)
Who are some of Axovant Sciences' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Axovant Sciences include Athenex (ATNX), Neuroderm Ltd (NDRM), Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX), Dermira (DERM), Xencor (XNCR), Ignyta (RXDX), Omeros Corporation (OMER), Flexion Therapeutics (FLXN), Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN), Epizyme (EPZM), REGENXBIO (RGNX), Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI), Retrophin (RTRX), Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR), Audentes Therapeutics (BOLD), Revance Therapeutics (RVNC), CytomX Therapeutics (CTMX) and Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp (RPTP).
Who are Axovant Sciences' key executives?
Axovant Sciences' management team includes the folowing people:
- Marion McCourt, President, Chief Operating Officer (Age 57)
- David T. Hung M.D., Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 60)
- Gregory M. Weinhoff M.D., Chief Financial Officer (Age 46)
- Vivek Ramaswamy, Director, Chief Executive Officer - Roivant Sciences (Age 31)
- Mark Altmeyer, President of Axovant Sciences GmbH and Chief Commercial Officer (Age 56)
- Eric Floyd Ph.D., Senior Vice President - Regulatory Affairs
- Ilise Lombardo M.D., Senior Vice President - Clinical Research
- Thomas Templeman Ph.D., Senior Vice President - Pharmaceutical Operations and Quality Assurance
- Mark Wadley, Senior Vice President, US Business
- Samina Bari, Vice President - Corporate Communications
When did Axovant Sciences IPO?
(AXON) raised $251 million in an initial public offering (IPO) on Thursday, June 11th 2015. The company issued 17,900,000 shares at $13.00-$15.00 per share. Jefferies, Evercore ISI and RBC Capital Markets served as the underwriters for the IPO and JMP Securities and Baird were co-managers.
Who owns Axovant Sciences stock?
Axovant Sciences' stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include
SVF INVESTMENTS (UK) LTD
(69.80%), OxFORD Asset Management LLP (0.81%), Eagle Asset Management Inc. (0.56%), Artal Group S.A. (0.46%), Prudential Financial Inc. (0.20%) and Ameriprise Financial Inc. (0.18%). Company insiders that own Axovant Sciences stock include David Hung, Mark Altmeyer and W Anthony Vernon. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Axovant Sciences.
Who sold Axovant Sciences stock? Who is selling Axovant Sciences stock?
Who bought Axovant Sciences stock? Who is buying Axovant Sciences stock?
Axovant Sciences' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including OxFORD Asset Management LLP, Eagle Asset Management Inc., Artal Group S.A., Ameriprise Financial Inc., Prudential Financial Inc., Wells Fargo & Company MN, Cubist Systematic Strategies LLC and Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.. Company insiders that have bought Axovant Sciences stock in the last two years include David Hung, Mark Altmeyer and W Anthony Vernon. View Insider Buying and Selling for Axovant Sciences.
How do I buy Axovant Sciences stock?
Shares of Axovant Sciences can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Axovant Sciences' stock price today?
One share of Axovant Sciences stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.99.
How big of a company is Axovant Sciences?
Axovant Sciences has a market capitalization of $537.47 million. The biotechnology company earns ($180,950,000.00) in net income (profit) each year or ($2.31) on an earnings per share basis. Axovant Sciences employs 69 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Axovant Sciences?
Axovant Sciences' mailing address is 20-22 Bedford Row, LONDON, WC1R 4JS, United Kingdom. The biotechnology company can be reached via phone at +44-1295-5950.
MarketBeat Community Rating for Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ AXON)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Axovant Sciences and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Analysts' Consensus Rating for Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ:AXON) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Sell Ratings, 3 Hold Ratings, 6 Buy Ratings, 0 Strong Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.36)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$14.68 (189.57% upside)|
Consensus Price Target History for Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ:AXON)
Analysts' Ratings History for Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ:AXON)
(Data available from 11/20/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|11/12/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|11/10/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|11/3/2017||Chardan Capital||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$3.00||N/A|
|11/1/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$6.00||N/A|
|10/19/2017||HC Wainwright||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|9/27/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$12.00||High|
|9/26/2017||Evercore ISI||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$30.00 -> $9.00||High|
|9/26/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$30.00 -> $25.00||High|
|9/26/2017||JMP Securities||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$36.00 -> $19.00||N/A|
|6/14/2017||CIBC||Boost Price Target||Outperform -> Outperform||$26.00 -> $30.00||High|
|6/30/2016||Leerink Swann||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
Earnings History and Estimates Chart for Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ:AXON)
Earnings History by Quarter for Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ AXON)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|2/13/2018|| || || || || || || || |
Earnings Estimates for Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ:AXON)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($1.76)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($1.89)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ:AXON)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ AXON)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 72.50%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 99.69%
Insider Trades by Quarter for Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ AXON)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|4/17/2017||David Hung||Insider||Buy||539,375||$18.54||$10,000,012.50|| |
|4/17/2017||W Anthony Vernon||Director||Buy||53,937||$18.54||$999,991.98|| |
|3/10/2016||Mark Altmeyer||Insider||Buy||2,300||$11.14||$25,622.00|| |
Latest Headlines for Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ AXON)
Axovant Sciences (NASDAQ AXON) Chart for Monday, November, 20, 2017