lululemon athletica inc. is a designer, distributor and retailer of athletic apparel. The Company operates through two segments: Company-operated stores and Direct to consumer. It is also engaged in the sale from outlets, showrooms, sales from temporary locations, sales to wholesale accounts, warehouse sales, and license and supply arrangements. Its direct to consumer segment generates revenue from its lululemon and ivivva e-commerce Websites, www.lululemon.com and www.ivivva.com, and other country and region specific Websites. It offers a range of apparel and accessories for women, men and female youth. The Company's apparel assortment includes items, such as pants, shorts, tops, and jackets designed for healthy lifestyle and athletic activities, such as yoga, running, training, most other sweaty pursuits, and athletic wear for female youth. The Company also offers fitness-related accessories, including an array of items, such as bags, socks, underwear, yoga mats and water bottles.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Textile - Apparel Clothing
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:LULU
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.lululemon.com
- Market Cap: $6.61 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 137,053,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $51.46
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $60.52
- 52 Week Range: $48.03 - $81.81
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 21.82
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 18.34
- P/E Growth: 1.59
- Annual Revenue: $2.34 billion
- Price / Sales: 2.82
- Book Value: $9.92 per share
- Price / Book: 4.86
- EBIDTA: $517.15 million
- Net Margins: 12.60%
- Return on Equity: 24.32%
- Return on Assets: 19.61%
- Current Ratio: 4.81%
- Quick Ratio: 3.10%
- Average Volume: 3.87 million shs.
- Beta: 0.23
- Short Ratio: 7.28
Frequently Asked Questions for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
What is Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock symbol?
Lululemon Athletica inc. trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "LULU."
How were Lululemon Athletica inc.'s earnings last quarter?
Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) issued its earnings results on Wednesday, March, 29th. The company reported $1.00 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of $1.01 by $0.01. The company earned $789 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $783.32 million. Lululemon Athletica inc. had a net margin of 12.60% and a return on equity of 24.32%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 12.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the business posted $0.85 earnings per share. View Lululemon Athletica inc.'s Earnings History.
When will Lululemon Athletica inc. make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Lululemon Athletica inc. issued on next quarter's earnings?
Lululemon Athletica inc. updated its FY18 earnings guidance on Wednesday, March, 29th. The company provided EPS guidance of $2.26-2.36 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $2.56. The company issued revenue guidance of $2.550-2.600 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $2.62 billion.Lululemon Athletica inc. also updated its Q1 guidance to $0.25-0.27 EPS.
Where is Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock going? Where will Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock price be in 2017?
35 brokers have issued 12 month target prices for Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock. Their forecasts range from $40.00 to $90.00. On average, they anticipate Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock price to reach $65.74 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Lululemon Athletica inc..
What are analysts saying about Lululemon Athletica inc. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Lululemon Athletica inc. stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Shares of Lululemon have underperformed the broader industry on a year-to-date basis. Lululemon provided a bleak outlook for first-quarter fiscal 2017, following a mixed fourth quarter. The murky guidance stemmed from the fact that the company witnessed weak comps trends in the first quarter, on account of soft traffic in stores and lower eCommerce conversion rates. Moreover, stiff competition remains a threat to Lululemon. Nevertheless, the company remains focused on product assortment improvements, website enhancements and acceleration of omni-channel models to strengthen eCommerce and store trends. Additionally, the company is committed toward achieving its goal of doubling revenues and more than doubling earnings by 2020. Further, it exhibits immense long-term growth opportunity based on its potential to enhance global presence. Estimates have been stable lately ahead of the first quarter earnings release." (5/23/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "LULU reported adjusted 4Q EPS of $1.00 (excluding 1c tax impact), vs. FBR/ consensus estimates of $1.01 and $0.99–$1.01 guidance. Results reflect +7% constant-currency comps vs. FBR/consensus +6.0%/+5.4% and EBIT margin expansion of +130 bps vs. FBR/consensus +190 bps. Management provided 1Q17 guidance of $0.25–$0.27 (vs. FBR/consensus of $0.34/$0.39) on SSS of -LSD (vs. FBR/ consensus +2.0%/+5.3%), and 2017 guidance of $2.26–$2.36 (vs. FBR/consensus of $2.40/$2.57) on SSS of +LSD (vs. FBR/consensus of +2.8%/+5.4%). Management noted that 1Q SSS got off to a tough start as ecommerce conversions slowed at the end of January and continued to be soft 1QTD (management believes product was too dark), and mall traffic weakened in Feb which impacted store sales. We believe an improvement is expected in April given the shifts, which is likely factored into guidance." (3/30/2017)
- 3. Wedbush analysts commented, "We see less drama into LULU's 4Q16 earnings release versus recent quarters, as most topics are likely to be roughly in line with expectations. Specifically, we expect 4Q16 EPS to largely track expectations (though we see the possibility for modest SSS and GM upside) and FY2017 guidance is likely to place consensus near the high end of the EPS range on a +MSD comp increase. 1Q17 SSS guidance is the one metric we see carrying some uncertainty, with some investors worried mall traffic challenges will drive a +LSD comp guide, while others see the potential for +MSD guidance against sequentially easier comparisons. We believe a +LSD comp guide likely drives a modest sell-off, while a +MSD comp guide could push shares higher. Overall, we believe the scope for significant volatility in reaction to earnings/guidance seems lower than in recent quarters, given some caution on SSS guidance heading in." (3/28/2017)
Are investors shorting Lululemon Athletica inc.?
Lululemon Athletica inc. saw a decrease in short interest in April. As of April 13th, there was short interest totalling 8,613,790 shares, a decrease of 18.3% from the March 31st total of 10,537,667 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 5,040,836 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 1.7 days. Approximately 8.9% of the company's stock are short sold.
Who are some of Lululemon Athletica inc.'s key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Lululemon Athletica inc. include PVH Corp (PVH), Hanesbrands (HBI), Gildan Activewear (GIL), Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS), Ralph Lauren Corp (RL), Carter's (CRI), Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM), UniFirst Corp (UNF), Kate Spade & Co (KATE), G-III Apparel Group (GIII), Oxford Industries (OXM), Perry Ellis International (PERY), Sequential Brands Group (SQBG), Quiksilver (ZQK), Crown Crafts (CRWS), XCel Brands (XELB), Vince Holding Corp (VNCE) and Differential Brands Group (DFBG).
Who owns Lululemon Athletica inc. stock?
Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Advent International Corp MA (14.67%), FMR LLC (13.93%), Vanguard Group Inc. (5.56%), BlackRock Inc. (3.75%), Manning & Napier Advisors LLC (3.11%) and State Street Corp (1.53%). Company insiders that own Lululemon Athletica inc. stock include Rhoda M Pitcher and Tara Poseley. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Lululemon Athletica inc..
Who sold Lululemon Athletica inc. stock? Who is selling Lululemon Athletica inc. stock?
Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Winslow Capital Management LLC, Manning & Napier Advisors LLC, Public Employees Retirement System of Ohio, Massachusetts Financial Services Co. MA, Schroder Investment Management Group, Westfield Capital Management Co. LP, TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC and Victory Capital Management Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Lululemon Athletica inc..
Who bought Lululemon Athletica inc. stock? Who is buying Lululemon Athletica inc. stock?
Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Janus Capital Management LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, HS Management Partners LLC, Scopus Asset Management L.P., Morgan Stanley, Vanguard Group Inc. and 1060 Capital LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Lululemon Athletica inc..
How do I buy Lululemon Athletica inc. stock?
Shares of Lululemon Athletica inc. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Lululemon Athletica inc. stock cost?
One share of Lululemon Athletica inc. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $48.23.
Earnings History for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)Earnings History by Quarter for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|6/6/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|3/29/2017||1/31/2017||$1.01||$1.00||$783.32 million||$789.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/7/2016||Q316||$0.43||$0.47||$540.81 million||$544.40 million||View||N/A|
|9/1/2016||Q216||$0.38||$0.38||$514.02 million||$514.52 million||View||N/A|
|6/8/2016||Q116||$0.31||$0.30||$487.68 million||$495.50 million||View||N/A|
|3/30/2016||Q415||$0.80||$0.85||$693.38 million||$704.30 million||View||Listen|
|12/9/2015||Q315||$0.37||$0.35||$481.78 million||$479.70 million||View||Listen|
|9/10/2015||Q215||$0.33||$0.34||$445.83 million||$453.00 million||View||Listen|
|6/9/2015||Q115||$0.33||$0.34||$418.86 million||$423.50 million||View||Listen|
|3/26/2015||Q414||$0.73||$0.78||$601.61 million||$602.50 million||View||Listen|
|12/11/2014||Q314||$0.38||$0.42||$426.95 million||$419.40 million||View||Listen|
|9/11/2014||Q214||$0.29||$0.33||$376.95 million||$390.70 million||View||Listen|
|6/12/2014||Q114||$0.32||$0.34||$381.21 million||$384.60 million||View||Listen|
|3/27/2014||Q413||$0.72||$0.75||$516.80 million||$521.00 million||View||Listen|
|12/12/2013||Q3||$0.41||$0.45||$376.20 million||$379.90 million||View||Listen|
|9/12/2013||Q2 2013||$0.35||$0.39||$342.70 million||$344.50 million||View||N/A|
|6/10/2013||Q1 13||$0.30||$0.32||$341.11 million||$345.80 million||View||N/A|
|3/21/2013||Q412||$0.74||$0.75||$482.59 million||$485.50 million||View||N/A|
|9/7/2012||Q212||$0.31||$0.34||$281.90 million||$282.60 million||View||N/A|
|12/9/2010||$0.25||$0.36||$159.53 million||$175.80 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.76
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.34
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.29%Insider Trades by Quarter for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 85.19%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|4/1/2016||Rhoda M Pitcher||Director||Sell||5,310||$67.31||$357,416.10|| |
|9/21/2015||Tara Poseley||Insider||Buy||4,000||$53.52||$214,080.00|| |
|6/16/2015||Rhoda M Pitcher||Director||Sell||10,000||$67.30||$673,000.00|| |
|3/30/2015||Rhoda M Pitcher||Director||Sell||18,356||$65.61||$1,204,337.16|| |
|6/27/2014||Delaney Schweitzer||VP||Sell||19,146||$40.36||$772,732.56|| |
|10/2/2013||John Currie||CFO||Sell||20,000||$75.00||$1,500,000.00|| |
|9/19/2013||Delaney Schweitzer||VP||Sell||36,409||$74.03||$2,695,358.27|| |
|9/18/2013||Christine Mccormick Day||CEO||Sell||30,625||$72.50||$2,220,312.50|| |
|6/28/2013||Christine Mccormick Day||CEO||Sell||25,335||$65.34||$1,655,388.90|| |
|6/13/2013||Christine Mccormick Day||CEO||Sell||362,711||$65.15||$23,630,621.65|| |
|6/7/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||607,545||$81.50||$49,514,917.50|| |
|6/4/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||392,455||$81.87||$32,130,290.85|| |
|5/21/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||377,415||$81.67||$30,823,483.05|| |
|5/17/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||203,582||$81.37||$16,565,467.34|| |
|5/14/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||419,003||$81.37||$34,094,274.11|| |
Headline Trends for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
Latest Headlines for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
Lululemon Athletica inc. (LULU) Chart for Saturday, May, 27, 2017