About Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ:NVMI)
Nova Measuring Instruments Ltd. provides metrology solutions for the semiconductor manufacturing industry. The Company offers in-line Optical and x-ray stand-alone metrology systems, as well as integrated optical metrology systems, which are attached directly to wafer fabrication process equipment. Its metrology systems measure various film thickness and composition properties, as well as critical-dimension (CD) variables during various front-end and back-end of line steps in the semiconductor wafer fabrication process. Its product portfolio includes a set of in-situ, integrated and stand-alone metrology platforms suited for dimensional, films and material metrology measurements for process control across multiple semiconductor manufacturing process steps. Its products include NovaScan 2040, NovaScan 3090Next, Nova i500, Nova T500, Nova T600, Nova V2600 TSV metrology system, NovaMars, Nova Hybrid Metrology solution, Nova Fleet Management, VeraFlex II, VeraFlex III XF and QED.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductors
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:NVMI
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.novameasuring.com
- Market Cap: $830.76 million
- Outstanding Shares: 27,655,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $27.20
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $23.98
- 52 Week Range: $11.83 - $31.18
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 27.46
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 15.73
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $204.83 million
- Price / Sales: 4.06
- Book Value: $7.42 per share
- Price / Book: 4.05
- EBITDA: $53.74 million
- Net Margins: 14.79%
- Return on Equity: 26.03%
- Return on Assets: 20.77%
- Current Ratio: 4.27%
- Quick Ratio: 3.59%
- Average Volume: 266,358 shs.
- Beta: 0.91
- Short Ratio: 0.88
Frequently Asked Questions for Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ:NVMI)
What is Nova Measuring Instruments' stock symbol?
Nova Measuring Instruments trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "NVMI."
How were Nova Measuring Instruments' earnings last quarter?
Nova Measuring Instruments Ltd. (NASDAQ:NVMI) posted its earnings results on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company reported $0.52 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $0.40 by $0.12. The firm had revenue of $56.10 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $54.48 million. Nova Measuring Instruments had a net margin of 14.79% and a return on equity of 26.03%. The business's quarterly revenue was up 57.6% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the firm posted $0.17 EPS. View Nova Measuring Instruments' Earnings History.
When will Nova Measuring Instruments make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Nova Measuring Instruments issued on next quarter's earnings?
Nova Measuring Instruments updated its third quarter earnings guidance on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $0.33-0.43 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $0.35. The company issued revenue guidance of $51-56 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $51.43 million.
Where is Nova Measuring Instruments' stock going? Where will Nova Measuring Instruments' stock price be in 2017?
3 equities research analysts have issued 12-month price targets for Nova Measuring Instruments' stock. Their forecasts range from $22.00 to $32.00. On average, they anticipate Nova Measuring Instruments' share price to reach $28.67 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Nova Measuring Instruments.
What are analysts saying about Nova Measuring Instruments stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Nova Measuring Instruments stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "NOVA MEASURING develops, produces and markets monitoring and measurement systems for the semiconductor manufacturing industry. The company has pioneered the Integrated Metrology concept and is now expanding its activities by developing Integrated Monitoring and Process Control systems for CMP, CVD, Photolithography and Etch manufacturing processes. The company's systems for CMP process control, delivering systems for CMP process control, delivering have measured more wafers than all other metrology companies combined. " (10/18/2017)
- 2. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "We are downgrading shares of Nova Measuring Instruments to a Hold rating from a Buy rating. With the stock hitting our target price and given that we just recently raised our estimates and target price (see our note, Nova Measuring Instruments: Multiple Growth Drivers Set Up Another Above-Average Growth Year; Maintain Buy, Target Price to $18, Feb. 14 ), we believe that there are limited catalysts for any additional changes to our current forecasts or our view of the industry. We believe the fundamental story also remains intact and that has not changed over the past two weeks. Given that, we are maintaining our $18 target price along with this downgrade." (2/27/2017)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "NVMI reported 4Q16 earnings inline with positive preannouncement and provided solid 1Q17 guidance on sustained momentum. With leading edge devices becoming more complex, we see a greater need for combining CD/thickness metrology and material composition measurements to achieve tighter process control, which plays well into NVMI's comprehensive product portfolio. We believe the strategy of combining OCD and XPS technology with advanced software creates a strong competitive advantage for NVMI, and should enable the company to continue to gain share. Coupled with a business model delivering increased margins, we see further earnings growth ahead. Reiterate our Buy and raise our PT from $18 to $22." (2/14/2017)
Who are some of Nova Measuring Instruments' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Nova Measuring Instruments include Himax Technologies (HIMX), Diodes Incorporated (DIOD), Inphi Corporation (IPHI), MaxLinear (MXL), Benchmark Electronics (BHE), Veeco Instruments (VECO), CEVA (CEVA), Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (LSCC), MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation (MX), AXT (AXTI), Kopin Corporation (KOPN), Sparton Corporation (SPA), Pixelworks (PXLW), Sequans Communications S.A. (SQNS), QuickLogic Corporation (QUIK), eMagin (EMAN), Nanoco Group PLC (NANO) and Resonant (RESN).
Who are Nova Measuring Instruments' key executives?
Nova Measuring Instruments' management team includes the folowing people:
- Michael Brunstein, Chairman of the Board
- Eitan Oppenhaim, President, Chief Executive Officer
- Dror David, Chief Financial Officer
- Glyn Davies, Corporate Executive Vice President and ReVera Inc. President
- Dov Farkash, Senior Corporate Vice President Modeling Software Division
- Shay Wolfling, Chief Technology Officer
- Gabi Sharon, Corporate Vice President - Operations
- Shiri Neder, Corporate Vice President of Human Resources
- Zohar Gil, Corporate Vice President - Marketing and Business Development
- Gabriel Waisman, Chief Business Officer
Who owns Nova Measuring Instruments stock?
How do I buy Nova Measuring Instruments stock?
Shares of Nova Measuring Instruments can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Nova Measuring Instruments' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ NVMI)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Nova Measuring Instruments and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Nova Measuring Instruments stock can currently be purchased for approximately $30.04.
Earnings History for Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ:NVMI)Earnings History by Quarter for Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ NVMI)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017||6/30/2017||$0.40||$0.52||$54.48 million||$56.10 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2017||3/31/2017||$0.38||$0.48||$52.30 million||$54.40 million||View||Listen|
|2/14/2017||Q416||$0.39||$0.40||$49.83 million||$50.20 million||View||Listen|
|11/2/2016||Q316||$0.25||$0.34||$43.30 million||$44.10 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q216||$0.11||$0.17||$36.02 million||$35.60 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Q116||$0.13||$0.16||$35.38 million||$34.10 million||View||N/A|
|2/17/2016||Q4||$0.17||$0.19||$39.64 million||$40.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/27/2015||Q3||$0.17||$0.23||$40.23 million||$40.40 million||View||Listen|
|7/28/2015||Q215||$0.14||$0.20||$37.09 million||$40.60 million||View||Listen|
|5/12/2015||Q115||$0.04||$0.15||$25.60 million||$27.50 million||View||Listen|
|2/18/2015||Q414||$0.04||$0.08||$25.50 million||$25.80 million||View||N/A|
|10/29/2014||Q314||$0.09||$0.12||$27.62 million||$27.40 million||View||N/A|
|7/30/2014||Q214||$0.18||$0.20||$33.46 million||$32.80 million||View||N/A|
|4/30/2014||Q1 2014||$0.19||$0.23||$34.19 million||$34.70 million||View||N/A|
|2/18/2014||Q413||$0.15||$0.15||$28.94 million||$30.20 million||View||N/A|
|10/30/2013||Q313||$0.09||$0.10||$26.10 million||$25.80 million||View||Listen|
|7/30/2013||Q2 2013||$0.10||$0.14||$27.45 million||$28.12 million||View||Listen|
|4/30/2013||Q1 2013||$0.12||$0.13||$25.96 million||$27.40 million||View||Listen|
|2/19/2013||Q4 2012||$0.04||$0.04||$20.48 million||$22.10 million||View||Listen|
|10/31/2012||Q312||$0.10||$0.14||$24.46 million||$24.40 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ:NVMI)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.79 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.91 EPS
Dividend History for Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ:NVMI)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ:NVMI)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ:NVMI)
Latest Headlines for Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ:NVMI)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Nova Measuring Instruments (NVMI) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017