About Gibraltar Industries (NASDAQ:ROCK)
Gibraltar Industries, Inc. is a manufacturer and distributor of building products for industrial, transportation infrastructure, residential housing, renewable energy and resource conservation markets. The Company's segments include Residential Products; Industrial and Infrastructure Products, and Renewable Energy and Conservation. The Residential Products segment services residential housing construction and residential repair and remodeling activity with products including roof and foundation ventilation products, rain dispersion products and roof ventilation accessories. The Industrial and Infrastructure Products segment focuses on a range of markets, including industrial and commercial construction, automotive, airports and energy and power generation markets with products. The Renewable Energy and Conservation segment focuses on the design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of solar racking systems and commercial, institutional and retail greenhouse structures.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Construction
- Industry: Steel
- Sub-Industry: Building Products
- Symbol: NASDAQ:ROCK
- CUSIP: 37468910
- Web: www.gibraltar1.com
- Market Cap: $1.03 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 31,708,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $30.46
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $32.60
- 52 Week Range: $25.61 - $48.05
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 46.57
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 18.18
- P/E Growth: 1.02
- Annual Revenue: $958.8 million
- Price / Sales: 1.08
- Book Value: $15.20 per share
- Price / Book: 2.14
- EBITDA: $109.22 million
- Net Margins: 2.38%
- Return on Equity: 10.14%
- Return on Assets: 5.09%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.43%
- Current Ratio: 2.42%
- Quick Ratio: 1.92%
- Average Volume: 241,995 shs.
- Beta: 1.77
- Short Ratio: 7.25
Frequently Asked Questions for Gibraltar Industries (NASDAQ:ROCK)
What is Gibraltar Industries' stock symbol?
Gibraltar Industries trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ROCK."
How were Gibraltar Industries' earnings last quarter?
Gibraltar Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:ROCK) announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, July, 27th. The company reported $0.43 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.40 by $0.03. The firm earned $247.63 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $251.97 million. Gibraltar Industries had a return on equity of 10.14% and a net margin of 2.38%. Gibraltar Industries's quarterly revenue was down 6.8% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned $0.51 earnings per share. View Gibraltar Industries' Earnings History.
When will Gibraltar Industries make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Gibraltar Industries issued on next quarter's earnings?
Gibraltar Industries issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Thursday, July, 27th. The company provided EPS guidance of $1.57-1.70 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $1.63. The company issued revenue guidance of $970-980 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $974.57 million.Gibraltar Industries also updated its Q3 guidance to $0.58-0.65 EPS.
Where is Gibraltar Industries' stock going? Where will Gibraltar Industries' stock price be in 2017?
2 analysts have issued twelve-month price objectives for Gibraltar Industries' shares. Their predictions range from $39.00 to $50.00. On average, they anticipate Gibraltar Industries' share price to reach $44.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Gibraltar Industries.
What are analysts saying about Gibraltar Industries stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Gibraltar Industries stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "In the last one month, Gibraltar Industries' shares have outperformed the Zacks categorized Building & Construction Products Miscellaneous industry. The company intends to fortify its business on the back of unique innovations, ongoing 80/20 simplification process and new acquisitions. However, headwinds such as tepid end-market conditions, input price inflation, weaker volumes and backlogs are expected to hurt Gibraltar Industries' results in the upcoming quarters. For 2017, the company trimmed its earnings guidance to the $1.57-$1.70 per share range. Revenue is predicted to lie within the $970-$980 million range, down 2-3% year over year. Over the last 30 days, the Zacks Consensus Estimate for the stock remained unchanged for both 2017 and 2018." (7/11/2017)
- 2. Wedbush analysts commented, "With participation in current markets with long-term growth prospects and continued tailwinds from leveraging the next leg of 80/20, we believe management of Gibraltar Industries (ROCK) can deliver on its strategic mid-term plan to increase margins and improve return on invested capital from operational improvements, mix and portfolio management. We remain confident ROCK can use free cash flow generation to fund organic growth investments and cash on the balance sheet and borrowing capacity to complete strategic acquisitions (niche and a new platform) as well as enter new markets with innovative technology. We reiterate our OUTPERFORM rating on shares of ROCK." (3/13/2017)
Who are some of Gibraltar Industries' key competitors?
Who are Gibraltar Industries' key executives?
Gibraltar Industries' management team includes the folowing people:
- William P. Montague, Chairman of the Board, Independent Director
- Frank G. Heard, President, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Director
- Timothy F. Murphy, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President
- Cherri L. Syvrud, Senior Vice President - Human Resources and Organizational Development
- Jeffrey J. Watorek, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary
- Sharon M. Brady, Independent Director
- Craig A. Hindman, Independent Director
- Vinod M. Khilnani, Independent Director
- James B. Nish, Independent Director
How do I buy Gibraltar Industries stock?
Shares of Gibraltar Industries can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Gibraltar Industries' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Gibraltar Industries (NASDAQ ROCK)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Gibraltar Industries and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Gibraltar Industries stock can currently be purchased for approximately $32.55.
Earnings History for Gibraltar Industries (NASDAQ:ROCK)Earnings History by Quarter for Gibraltar Industries (NASDAQ ROCK)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/27/2017||Q2 2017||$0.40||$0.43||$251.97 million||$247.63 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2017||Q1 2017||$0.21||$0.20||$209.88 million||$206.60 million||View||N/A|
|2/17/2017||Q416||$0.24||$0.30||$228.50 million||$231.90 million||View||Listen|
|10/27/2016||Q316||$0.49||$0.55||$274.49 million||$273.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/28/2016||Q216||$0.39||$0.46||$271.27 million||$263.10 million||View||Listen|
|5/6/2016||Q116||$0.12||$0.24||$226.37 million||$233.70 million||View||Listen|
|2/18/2016||Q415||$0.12||$0.29||$908.14 million||$282.10 million||View||Listen|
|10/28/2015||Q315||$0.36||$0.50||$283.87 million||$305.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.22||$0.25||$247.00 million||$253.20 million||View||Listen|
|5/7/2015||Q115||($0.01)||$0.06||$190.60 million||$200.60 million||View||Listen|
|2/20/2015||Q414||$0.01||$0.02||$194.80 million||$202.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/28/2014||Q314||$0.23||$0.30||$230.40 million||$234.10 million||View||Listen|
|8/5/2014||Q214||$0.15||$0.19||$231.40 million||$235.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/2/2014||Q114||$0.01||($0.05)||$194.70 million||$191.00 million||View||Listen|
|2/20/2014||Q413||$0.05||$0.08||$186.80 million||$188.80 million||View||Listen|
|10/31/2013||Q313||$0.23||$0.31||$223.50 million||$217.40 million||View||Listen|
|8/1/2013||Q2 2013||$0.32||$0.26||$243.10 million||$224.50 million||View||Listen|
|5/2/2013||Q1 2013||$0.12||$0.04||$208.30 million||$196.80 million||View||Listen|
|2/22/2013||Q4 2012||$0.03||$0.05||$172.53 million||$172.64 million||View||Listen|
|11/1/2012||Q312||$0.29||$0.24||$221.57 million||$205.50 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Gibraltar Industries (NASDAQ:ROCK)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.61
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.87
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Gibraltar Industries (NASDAQ:ROCK)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Gibraltar Industries (NASDAQ:ROCK)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Gibraltar Industries (NASDAQ:ROCK)
Latest Headlines for Gibraltar Industries (NASDAQ:ROCK)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Gibraltar Industries (ROCK) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017