About T2 Biosystems (NASDAQ:TTOO)
T2 Biosystems, Inc., an in vitro diagnostics company, develops diagnostic products and product candidates in the United States. It provides T2 Magnetic Resonance platform that enables detection of pathogens, biomarkers, and other abnormalities in various unpurified patient sample types, including whole blood, plasma, serum, saliva, sputum, and urine. The company also offers T2Dx, a bench-top instrument for sepsis, Lyme disease, and other applications, as well as T2Candida panel for the detection of candida species in human whole blood specimens. In addition, it is developing T2Bacteria, a multiplex diagnostic panel that detects various bacterial pathogens associated with sepsis; T2Lyme for the detection of various strains of Lyme disease-causing bacteria; and T2Plex, an integrated instrument for hemostasis applications. The company has collaboration agreement with Canon U.S. Life Sciences, Inc. to develop a novel diagnostic test panel to detect Lyme disease; and Allergan Sales, LLC for the direct detection diagnostic test panel that adds additional bacteria species to the existing T2Bacteria product candidate and testing drug resistance directly in whole blood. T2 Biosystems, Inc. was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Surgical & medical instruments
Trailing P/E RatioN/A
Forward P/E RatioN/A
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$4.66 million
Price / Sales85.41
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$0.04 per share
Price / Book231.25
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)N/A
Return on Equity-1,117.88%
Return on Assets-105.28%
T2 Biosystems (NASDAQ:TTOO) Frequently Asked Questions
What is T2 Biosystems' stock symbol?
T2 Biosystems trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "TTOO."
How were T2 Biosystems' earnings last quarter?
T2 Biosystems Inc (NASDAQ:TTOO) issued its earnings results on Tuesday, May, 8th. The medical equipment provider reported ($0.36) EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.37) by $0.01. The medical equipment provider earned $2.30 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.45 million. T2 Biosystems had a negative return on equity of 1,117.88% and a negative net margin of 1,003.23%. T2 Biosystems's quarterly revenue was up 144.7% on a year-over-year basis. View T2 Biosystems' Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for TTOO?
5 analysts have issued twelve-month price objectives for T2 Biosystems' shares. Their predictions range from $5.20 to $14.00. On average, they anticipate T2 Biosystems' stock price to reach $8.40 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for T2 Biosystems.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about T2 Biosystems stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about T2 Biosystems stock:
- 1. HC Wainwright analysts commented, "We note that T2Bacteria identifies five of the most common and deadly sepsis-causing species of bacteria, has 90% sensitivity and 98% specificity, and is the first FDA-cleared test to identify sepsis-causing bacteria directly from whole blood. Importantly, T2Bacteria provides test results in approximately five hours, which is more than 2.5 days faster than blood culture-dependent tests. This difference in time-to-result is clinically meaningful since rapid targeted treatment based on identification of causative pathogens is critical for clinical outcome, and every hour saved in time to implement a targeted therapy could decrease patient mortality by 8%, according to published literature." (5/30/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "T2 Biosystems, Inc. is an in vitro diagnostics company. It has developed a technology platform that is designed to offer a rapid, sensitive and simple alternative to existing diagnostic methodologies. The Company uses its T2 Magnetic Resonance platform, or T2MR, that enables rapid detection of pathogens, biomarkers and other abnormalities in a variety of unpurified patient sample types, including whole blood, plasma, serum, saliva, sputum and urine, and can detect cellular targets. It operates primarily in the United States. T2 Biosystems, Inc. is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts. " (5/9/2018)
Who are some of T2 Biosystems' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to T2 Biosystems include Mazor Robotics (MZOR), Glaukos (GKOS), Luminex (LMNX), Orthofix International (OFIX), OraSure Technologies (OSUR), Intersect ENT (XENT), Atrion (ATRI), Cryolife (CRY), Cardiovascular Systems (CSII), Tactile Systems Technology (TCMD), Tandem Diabetes Care (TNDM), K2M Group (KTWO), AtriCure (ATRC), Cerus (CERS) and AngioDynamics (ANGO).
Who are T2 Biosystems' key executives?
T2 Biosystems' management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. John P. McDonough, CEO, Pres & Director (Age 58)
- Prof. Michael J. Cima, Co-Founder & Director (Age 58)
- Dr. Thomas J. Lowery Jr., Chief Scientific Officer (Age 39)
- Mr. Lee Josephson, Co-Founder & Member of Scientific Advisory Board
- Mr. John M. Sprague, CFO & Sr. VP (Age 59)
Has T2 Biosystems been receiving favorable news coverage?
Press coverage about TTOO stock has been trending positive on Monday, according to Accern Sentiment. The research group scores the sentiment of press coverage by monitoring more than 20 million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. T2 Biosystems earned a news sentiment score of 0.34 on Accern's scale. They also gave media coverage about the medical equipment provider an impact score of 43.35 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the near future.
Who are T2 Biosystems' major shareholders?
T2 Biosystems' stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Senvest Management LLC (7.48%), Sandia Holdings LLC (1.51%), Millennium Management LLC (0.80%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (0.38%), Tibra Equities Europe Ltd (0.14%) and UBS Group AG (0.12%). Company insiders that own T2 Biosystems stock include Darlene M Deptula-Hicks, David B Elsbree, Joanne Spadoro, Michael Terrence Gibbs, Rahul Dhanda and Stanley Lapidus. View Institutional Ownership Trends for T2 Biosystems.
Which major investors are selling T2 Biosystems stock?
Which major investors are buying T2 Biosystems stock?
TTOO stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Sandia Holdings LLC, Millennium Management LLC, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Tibra Equities Europe Ltd, UBS Group AG and Element Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought T2 Biosystems stock in the last two years include Darlene M Deptula-Hicks, David B Elsbree, Joanne Spadoro and Michael Terrence Gibbs. View Insider Buying and Selling for T2 Biosystems.
How do I buy shares of T2 Biosystems?
Shares of TTOO can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is T2 Biosystems' stock price today?
One share of TTOO stock can currently be purchased for approximately $9.25.
How big of a company is T2 Biosystems?
T2 Biosystems has a market capitalization of $412.27 million and generates $4.66 million in revenue each year. T2 Biosystems employs 161 workers across the globe.
How can I contact T2 Biosystems?
T2 Biosystems' mailing address is 101 HARTWELL AVENUE, LEXINGTON MA, 02421. The medical equipment provider can be reached via phone at 781-761-4646 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for T2 Biosystems (TTOO)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about T2 Biosystems and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe TTOO will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe TTOO will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.