About Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD)
Cloud Peak Energy Inc. is a producer of coal in the United States of America and the Powder River Basin (PRB). In the PRB, the Company owns and operates three surface coal mines: the Antelope Mine, the Cordero Rojo Mine and the Spring Creek Mine. Its segments include Owned and Operated Mines, and Logistics and Related Activities. Its Owned and Operated Mines segment includes its Antelope Mine, Cordero Rojo Mine, and Spring Creek Mine. The Logistics and Related Activities segment includes the services it provides to its international and certain of its domestic customers where it delivers coal to the customer at a terminal or the customer's plant or other delivery point, remote from its mine site. As of December 31, 2016, the Company also operated two development projects, both located in the Northern PRB: Youngs Creek Project and Big Metal Project. The Company's Antelope Mine and Cordero Rojo Mine are located in Wyoming and its Spring Creek Mine is located in Montana.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Oils/Energy
- Industry: Coal
- Sub-Industry: Coal & Consumable Fuels
- Symbol: NYSE:CLD
- CUSIP: 18911Q10
- Web: www.cloudpeakenergy.com
- Market Cap: $339.63 million
- Outstanding Shares: 75,131,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $3.60
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $3.54
- 52 Week Range: $2.78 - $8.03
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -24.11
- P/E Growth: -0.59
- Annual Revenue: $841.33 million
- Price / Sales: 0.41
- Book Value: $13.16 per share
- Price / Book: 0.35
- EBITDA: $118.87 million
- Net Margins: -0.47%
- Return on Equity: 0.54%
- Return on Assets: 0.31%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.41%
- Current Ratio: 1.90%
- Quick Ratio: 1.34%
- Average Volume: 855,646 shs.
- Beta: 1.45
- Short Ratio: 5.3
Frequently Asked Questions for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD)
What is Cloud Peak Energy's stock symbol?
Cloud Peak Energy trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CLD."
How were Cloud Peak Energy's earnings last quarter?
Cloud Peak Energy Inc (NYSE:CLD) posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, July, 27th. The company reported ($0.04) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, meeting the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.04). The company had revenue of $229.20 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $236.94 million. Cloud Peak Energy had a positive return on equity of 0.54% and a negative net margin of 0.47%. The firm's revenue was up 31.6% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned $0.48 earnings per share. View Cloud Peak Energy's Earnings History.
When will Cloud Peak Energy make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Cloud Peak Energy's stock going? Where will Cloud Peak Energy's stock price be in 2017?
9 brokers have issued 1 year target prices for Cloud Peak Energy's shares. Their forecasts range from $4.00 to $7.00. On average, they anticipate Cloud Peak Energy's stock price to reach $5.29 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Cloud Peak Energy.
What are analysts saying about Cloud Peak Energy stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cloud Peak Energy stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cloud Peak Energy operates as a producer of low sulfur, high quality, sub-bituminous coal in the United States. It owns and operates three surface coal mines in the Powder River Basin named: Antelope, Cordero Rojo and the Spring Creek Mine. The Antelope Mine and Cordero Rojo Mine are located in Wyoming and the Spring Creek Mine is located near Decker, Montana. The company is headquartered in Gillette, Wyoming. " (10/19/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "On the eve of Peabody Energy's emergence from Chapter 11 in early April, we are updating our estimates and outlook for the domestic thermal coal market. In our opinion, the industry remains in a gradual cyclical recovery, even as long-term pressures remain. While power demand growth has been stubbornly anemic, greater production discipline in both coal and natural gas has led to stronger prices and declining inventories. Noticeably, we also observed further declines in miner head count, which we believe is the best proxy for aggregate coal production capacity and points to fairly tight capacity utilization. We see tremendous torque to the upside should power demand or natural gas prices surprise positively. With valuations in a range of 3.7x to 9.1x 2018 EV to EBITDA, we believe that the sector continues to offer some unique return opportunities. Our preferred long is Arch Coal (NYSE: ARCH) given its exposure to both met and thermal prices and the company's low-cost production profile. With this note, we will be upgrading Cloud Peak Energy (CLD) to Market Perform from Underperform." (3/23/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Cloud Peak is a low-cost thermal coal miner with long-life assets, growth optionality, and leverage to seaborne thermal coal markets. The company's high debt level has been an issue, but mgmt. has taken significant steps to improve the balance sheet. Further deleveraging is likely, and debt to equity conversion with FCF should be a positive. While the investment case is improving, valuation is high and we therefore initiate with a Hold rating and $5/sh target." (3/7/2017)
Who are some of Cloud Peak Energy's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cloud Peak Energy include Foresight Energy LP (FELP), Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP), CNX Coal Resources LP (CNXC), Hallador Energy Company (HNRG), Hargreaves Services plc (HSP), Coal of Africa Limited (CZA), Westmoreland Coal Company (WLB), Ncondezi Energy Ltd (NCCL), Edenville Energy PLC (EDL), Altona Energy Plc (ANR), Beacon Hill Resources Plc. (BHR), Churchill Mining Plc (CHL) and New World Resources PLC (NWR).
Who are Cloud Peak Energy's key executives?
Cloud Peak Energy's management team includes the folowing people:
- Keith E. Bailey, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Colin Marshall, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Heath A. Hill, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Gary Rivenes, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President
- Bryan J. Pechersky, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
- Cary Martin, Senior Vice President - Human Resources
- Bruce Jones, Senior Vice President - Technical Services
- Todd A. Myers, Senior Vice President - Business Development
- Kendall K. Carbone CPA,, Chief Accounting Officer, Vice President
- William T. Fox III, Independent Director
How do I buy Cloud Peak Energy stock?
Shares of Cloud Peak Energy can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Cloud Peak Energy's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE CLD)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Cloud Peak Energy and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Cloud Peak Energy stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.58.
Consensus Ratings for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||7 Hold Ratings, 2 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.22)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$5.29 (15.41% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD)
Analysts' Ratings History for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD)
(Data available from 10/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/13/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$6.00||N/A|
|8/5/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Set Price Target||Hold||$4.00||Medium|
|5/10/2017||MKM Partners||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$6.00 -> $4.00||Low|
|3/23/2017||FBR & Co||Upgrade||Underperform -> Market Perform||$4.00||High|
|3/7/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Initiated Coverage||Hold -> Hold||$5.00||N/A|
|2/15/2017||Clarkson Capital||Upgrade||Sell -> Neutral||N/A|
|1/30/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Upgrade||Neutral -> Overweight||$7.00||N/A|
|11/2/2016||Seaport Global Securities||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||$7.00||N/A|
|1/12/2016||Barclays PLC||Downgrade||Equal Weight -> Underweight||$5.00 -> $2.00||N/A|
|10/28/2015||Macquarie||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$3.90 -> $3.75||N/A|
Earnings History for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD)Earnings History by Quarter for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE CLD)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/27/2017||Q2 2017||($0.04)||($0.04)||$236.94 million||$229.20 million||View||N/A|
|4/27/2017||Q1 2017||($0.02)||($0.30)||$233.58 million||$195.73 million||View||N/A|
|2/15/2017||Q416||($0.05)||$0.39||$231.38 million||$227.90 million||View||Listen|
|10/27/2016||Q316||($0.13)||$0.06||$222.06 million||$217.10 million||View||Listen|
|7/28/2016||Q216||($0.31)||$0.48||$171.57 million||$174.20 million||View||Listen|
|4/28/2016||Q116||($0.15)||($0.53)||$207.08 million||$181.25 million||View||N/A|
|2/17/2016||Q415||($0.14)||$0.37||$295.65 million||$260.70 million||View||Listen|
|10/27/2015||Q315||($0.13)||$0.24||$309.39 million||$301.70 million||View||Listen|
|7/29/2015||Q2||($0.86)||($0.28)||$284.15 million||$244.10 million||View||Listen|
|4/30/2015||Q115||($0.12)||($0.05)||$304.40 million||$317.60 million||View||N/A|
|2/17/2015||Q414||$0.06||$0.26||$339.33 million||$341.80 million||View||N/A|
|10/29/2014||Q314||($0.01)||$0.02||$330.05 million||$342.30 million||View||N/A|
|7/29/2014||Q214||($0.01)||$0.01||$333.90 million||$320.85 million||View||Listen|
|4/29/2014||Q114||($0.01)||($0.11)||$337.59 million||$319.07 million||View||Listen|
|2/13/2014||Q413||$0.24||$0.30||$363.56 million||$353.20 million||View||Listen|
|10/29/2013||Q313||$0.33||$0.34||$384.71 million||$374.80 million||View||Listen|
|7/30/2013||Q2 2013||$0.06||($0.02)||$327.05 million||$330.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/30/2013||Q1 2013||$0.27||$0.11||$348.21 million||$338.10 million||View||Listen|
|2/13/2013||Q4 2012||$0.49||$0.54||$404.25 million||$374.80 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.13)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 2.50%Insider Trades by Quarter for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 81.14%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|12/31/2014||Robert Alexander Archer||Director||Buy||5,000||$0.07||$350.00|
|12/29/2014||Robert Alexander Archer||Director||Buy||71,000||$0.07||$4,970.00|
|12/11/2014||Keith E Bailey||Director||Buy||10,700||$9.33||$99,831.00|| |
|12/11/2014||Robert Alexander Archer||Director||Buy||30,000||$0.08||$2,400.00|
|11/21/2014||Keith E Bailey||Director||Buy||20,000||$12.70||$254,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD)
Latest Headlines for Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE:CLD)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Cloud Peak Energy (CLD) Chart for Saturday, October, 21, 2017