About Estee Lauder Companies (NYSE:EL)
The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. manufactures and markets skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. The Company offers products, including skin care, makeup, fragrance, hair care and other. The Company operates in beauty products segment. The Company's products are sold in over 150 countries and territories under brand names, including Estee Lauder, Aramis, Clinique, Prescriptives, Lab Series, Origins, Tommy Hilfiger, MAC, Kiton, La Mer, Bobbi Brown, Donna Karan New York, DKNY, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble, Michael Kors, Darphin, Tom Ford, Smashbox, Ermenegildo Zegna, AERIN, Tory Burch, RODIN olio lusso, Le Labo, Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle, GLAMGLOW, By Kilian, BECCA and Too Faced. Its skin care products include moisturizers, serums, cleansers, toners, body care, exfoliators, acne and oil correctors, facial masks, cleansing devices and sun care products.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Staples
- Industry: Personal Products
- Sub-Industry: Personal Products
- Symbol: NYSE:EL
- CUSIP: 51843910
- Web: www.elcompanies.com
- Market Cap: $34.19 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 367,832,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $88.21
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $82.72
- 52 Week Range: $75.29 - $95.38
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 31.15
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 24.66
- P/E Growth: 2.78
- Annual Revenue: $11.58 billion
- Price / Sales: 2.95
- Book Value: $11.20 per share
- Price / Book: 8.30
- Annual Dividend: $1.36
- Dividend Yield: 1.5%
- EBIDTA: $2.35 billion
- Net Margins: 9.50%
- Return on Equity: 32.36%
- Return on Assets: 12.48%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.50%
- Current Ratio: 1.07%
- Quick Ratio: 0.79%
- Average Volume: 1.82 million shs.
- Beta: 0.86
- Short Ratio: 3.69
Frequently Asked Questions for Estee Lauder Companies (NYSE:EL)
What is Estee Lauder Companies' stock symbol?
Estee Lauder Companies trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "EL."
How often does Estee Lauder Companies pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Estee Lauder Companies?
Estee Lauder Companies announced a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, May 3rd. Investors of record on Wednesday, May 31st will be paid a dividend of $0.34 per share on Thursday, June 15th. This represents a $1.36 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 1.46%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday, May 26th. View Estee Lauder Companies' Dividend History.
How were Estee Lauder Companies' earnings last quarter?
Estee Lauder Companies Inc (NYSE:EL) posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, May, 3rd. The company reported $0.91 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $0.73 by $0.18. The firm earned $2.86 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.81 billion. Estee Lauder Companies had a net margin of 9.50% and a return on equity of 32.36%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 7.5% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the company earned $0.73 EPS. View Estee Lauder Companies' Earnings History.
What guidance has Estee Lauder Companies issued on next quarter's earnings?
Estee Lauder Companies issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, May, 3rd. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $3.32-3.37 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $3.33. The company issued revenue guidance of $11.7-11.83 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $11.73 billion.
Where is Estee Lauder Companies' stock going? Where will Estee Lauder Companies' stock price be in 2017?
18 analysts have issued 12 month price targets for Estee Lauder Companies' shares. Their predictions range from $72.00 to $105.00. On average, they expect Estee Lauder Companies' stock price to reach $94.93 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Estee Lauder Companies.
What are analysts saying about Estee Lauder Companies stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Estee Lauder Companies stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Estimates have remained unchanged ahead of Estee Lauder’s third quarter fiscal 2017 results. However, the stock has underperformed the broader sector in the past one year. Lackluster retail growth in Hong Kong and China, lower tourist rates in New York and Florida, declining footfall at the company’s mid-tier department stores and high promotional environment in the cosmetic sector have been hurting the stock lately. Though the company continues with its product innovation in order to enrich its portfolio of globally recognized flagship brands, the M.A.C. brand, which constitutes a significant portion of total sales, has been underperforming in the past few quarters due to increased competitive pressure and ongoing challenges faced in North America. Unfavorable currency and increasing promotional environment in emerging markets continues to remain headwinds." (4/18/2017)
- 2. B. Riley analysts commented, "Est??e Lauder (EL) reported F2Q17 EPS of $1.22 vs. $1.22; consensus was $1.17, our estimate was $1.19 and guidance was $1.10-$1.15. Constant currency (CC) sales were +5%, in line with our estimate and at the low end of the +5%-6% guidance range. EL maintained FY17 CC sales guidance of +6%-7%, but organic growth was lowered from +5%-6% to +4%-5%, the lowest top-line guidance we have seen from EL since the recession. FY17 EPS guidance was lowered by $0.10 from $3.38-$3.44 to $3.29-$3.33, due to an $0.08 worsening of FX (to -$0.16) and $0.04 of dilution from the Too Faced acquisition. We are lowering our FY17E/FY18E EPS by $0.11 each to $3.29/$3.67 and our PT from $92.00 to $90.00, based on 23x CY18E EPS of $3.91 (reduced from $4.02). The stock appears only moderately under-valued, in our view, given its 8% run up from its early-December low, and the continuing pressure on sales growth from EL's exposure to U.S. mid-tier department stores." (2/3/2017)
Who are some of Estee Lauder Companies' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Estee Lauder Companies include Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL), Kimberly Clark Corp (KMB), Coty (COTY), Spectrum Brands Holdings (SPB), Herbalife (HLF), Edgewell Personal Care Co (EPC), Energizer Holdings (ENR), Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS), Avon Products (AVP), Inter Parfums (IPAR), Summer Infant (SUMR), DS Healthcare Group (DSKX) and Elizabeth Arden (RDEN).
Who owns Estee Lauder Companies stock?
Estee Lauder Companies' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (5.49%), Vanguard Group Inc. (4.04%), BlackRock Inc. (3.76%), Wellington Management Group LLP (2.98%), State Street Corp (2.51%) and Massachusetts Financial Services Co. MA (1.66%). Company insiders that own Estee Lauder Companies stock include 1992 Grat Remainder Trust Fbo, Alexandra C Trower, Carl P Haney, Cedric Prouve, Charlene Barshefsky, Fabrizio Freda, G Scott Paterson, Gregory Polcer, Irvine O Hockaday Jr, John Demsey, Lal Family Partners Lp, Michael O'hare, Ronald S Foundation Lauder, Ronald S Lauder, Sara E Moss, Toner Gemma and Tracey Thomas Travis. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Estee Lauder Companies.
Who sold Estee Lauder Companies stock? Who is selling Estee Lauder Companies stock?
Estee Lauder Companies' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, American Century Companies Inc., Renaissance Technologies LLC, Wells Fargo & Company MN, Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Marshall Wace LLP, Neuberger Berman Group LLC and UBS Asset Management Americas Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Estee Lauder Companies stock in the last year include Alexandra C Trower, Carl P Haney, Cedric Prouve, Charlene Barshefsky, Fabrizio Freda, Gregory Polcer, Irvine O Hockaday Jr, John Demsey, Lal Family Partners Lp, Michael O'hare, Ronald S Foundation Lauder, Ronald S Lauder and Tracey Thomas Travis. View Insider Buying and Selling for Estee Lauder Companies.
Who bought Estee Lauder Companies stock? Who is buying Estee Lauder Companies stock?
Estee Lauder Companies' stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Scopus Asset Management L.P., Alliancebernstein L.P., Janus Capital Management LLC, Massachusetts Financial Services Co. MA, NN Investment Partners Holdings N.V., Vanguard Group Inc. and TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought Estee Lauder Companies stock in the last two years include G Scott Paterson and Toner Gemma. View Insider Buying and Selling for Estee Lauder Companies.
How do I buy Estee Lauder Companies stock?
Shares of Estee Lauder Companies can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Estee Lauder Companies stock cost?
One share of Estee Lauder Companies stock can currently be purchased for approximately $92.95.