GameStop Corp. is an omnichannel video game retailer. The Company sells video game hardware, physical and digital video game software, video game accessories, as well as mobile and consumer electronics products and other merchandise through its GameStop, EB Games and Micromania stores. It operates its business in five segments, which consists of four Video Game Brands segments: United States, Canada, Australia and Europe, and Technology Brands segment. Each of the Video Game Brands segments consists primarily of retail operations, with all stores engaged in the sale of new and pre-owned video game systems, software and accessories, which it refers to as video game products. Its Video Game Brands stores sell various types of digital products, including downloadable content, network points cards, prepaid digital, and also sell certain mobile and consumer electronics products and collectible products. Its Technology Brands segment includes its Spring Mobile and Simply Mac businesses.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Industry: Electronics Stores
- Sub-Industry: Computer & Electronics Retail
- Symbol: NYSE:GME
- CUSIP: 36467W10
- Web: www.gamestop.com
- Market Cap: $2.25 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 101,300,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $23.34
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $24.14
- 52 Week Range: $20.10 - $32.67
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 6.62
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 6.61
- P/E Growth: 0.53
- Annual Revenue: $8.68 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.26
- Book Value: $22.40 per share
- Price / Book: 0.99
- Annual Dividend: $1.48
- Dividend Yield: 6.8%
- EBIDTA: $765.78 million
- Net Margins: 4.32%
- Return on Equity: 18.74%
- Return on Assets: 8.79%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.38%
- Current Ratio: 1.10%
- Quick Ratio: 0.34%
- Average Volume: 3.28 million shs.
- Beta: 1.18
- Short Ratio: 9.33
Frequently Asked Questions for GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME)
What is GameStop Corp.'s stock symbol?
GameStop Corp. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "GME."
How often does GameStop Corp. pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for GameStop Corp.?
GameStop Corp. declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, May 25th. Investors of record on Wednesday, June 7th will be paid a dividend of $0.38 per share on Tuesday, June 20th. This represents a $1.52 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 6.84%. The ex-dividend date is Monday, June 5th. View GameStop Corp.'s Dividend History.
How were GameStop Corp.'s earnings last quarter?
GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME) released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, May, 25th. The company reported $0.63 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.51 by $0.12. The company had revenue of $2.05 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.96 billion. GameStop Corp. had a net margin of 4.32% and a return on equity of 18.74%. GameStop Corp.'s quarterly revenue was up 3.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $0.66 earnings per share. View GameStop Corp.'s Earnings History.
What guidance has GameStop Corp. issued on next quarter's earnings?
GameStop Corp. issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Thursday, May, 25th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of 3.10-3.40 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $3.31.
Where is GameStop Corp.'s stock going? Where will GameStop Corp.'s stock price be in 2017?
15 analysts have issued 1 year price objectives for GameStop Corp.'s shares. Their predictions range from $17.95 to $34.00. On average, they anticipate GameStop Corp.'s stock price to reach $25.50 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for GameStop Corp..
What are analysts saying about GameStop Corp. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about GameStop Corp. stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "GameStop continued with its positive earnings surprise streak for the sixth straight quarter, as it reported first-quarter fiscal 2017 results. Moreover, sales also beat the estimate after missing the same in the preceding three quarters. To the surprise, the better-than-expected numbers did not impress investors, as GameStop kept its view intact citing delay in launch of "Red Dead Redemption: 2" and less visibility for the demand of Nintendo Switch for the entire year. Moreover, we noted that although top line grew year over year, bottom line continues to decline, as a result the stock has underperformed the industry in the past six months. GameStop continues to expect fiscal 2017 comps to be in the range of flat to down 5% and continues to forecast earnings in the range of $3.10–$3.40 per share. Meanwhile, management expects sturdy performance of Technology Brands and Collectibles to continue in fiscal 2017." (5/29/2017)
- 2. Hilliard Lyons analysts commented, "With a low valuation and high dividend yield, we have some attraction to the stock. However, the overriding factors in our downgrade are a change in direction for projected earnings (down rather than up),growing concern for the core videogame retailing business, our slightly less bullish view on the diversification strategy, and lower projected free cash flow for the current fiscal year. We consider the dividend, currently yielding 7.3%, adequately covered by cash flow. We have lowered our Suitability rating to 4 from 3 based on our latest views on company fundamentals and industry trends." (3/27/2017)
- 3. Wedbush analysts commented, "We expect shares to trade at a compressed EPS multiple until GameStop slows the decline in its core video game business.. we expect Q4 comps at or slightly above the high-end of guidance with EPS at least at the mid-point." (3/20/2017)
- 4. Mizuho analysts commented, "GME shares are down 10% based on news that Twitch will begin selling games and Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass will offer a new game subscription service. We think this move is overdone and we'd be buyers on this weakness. We wanted to share our initial thoughts." (2/28/2017)
- 5. Robert W. Baird analysts commented, "SSS declines (-18.7% Y/Y) were primarily driven by lower ASPs (discounting) without a corresponding increase in unit volumes. Consistent with our prior field checks, Black Friday/Thanksgiving-weekend promotions were heavier than anticipated, reflecting slow category sales of both hardware and software. While growth trends improved to some degree in December, store traffic did not improve to the degree necessary to offset the November shortfall. Maintain Outperform, new $24 price target." (1/17/2017)
Who are some of GameStop Corp.'s key competitors?
Some companies that are related to GameStop Corp. include Williams-Sonoma (WSM), Wendys Co (WEN), AutoNation (AN), Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL), Rite Aid (RAD), Michaels Companies (MIK), Penske Automotive Group (PAG), CST Brands (CST), Cabelas (CAB), Tech Data Corp (TECD), Texas Roadhouse (TXRH), Signet Jewelers (SIG), Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM), Jack in the Box (JACK), Performance Food Group Co (PFGC), Papa John's Int'l (PZZA), Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) and Five Below (FIVE).
Who are GameStop Corp.'s key executives?
GameStop Corp.'s management team includes the folowing people:
- Daniel A. DeMatteo, Executive Chairman of the Board
- Julian Paul Raines, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Robert Alan Lloyd CPA, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Tony D. Bartel, Chief Operating Officer
- Michael T. Buskey, Executive Vice President, Human Resources and ThinkGeek Stores
- Michael P. Hogan, Executive Vice President - Strategic Business and Brand Development
- Michael K. Mauler, Executive Vice President, President - GameStop International
- Troy W. Crawford, Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer
- Lawrence S. Zilavy, Lead Independent Director
- Jerome L. Davis, Independent Director
Who owns GameStop Corp. stock?
GameStop Corp.'s stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (15.10%), Vanguard Group Inc. (8.36%), BlackRock Inc. (8.16%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (6.07%), LSV Asset Management (2.95%) and State Street Corp (2.94%). Company insiders that own GameStop Corp. stock include Jerome L Davis, Julian Paul Raines, Kathy P Vrabeck, Michael Mauler, Michael T Buskey, R Richard Fontaine, Robert Alan Lloyd, Stephanie M Shern, Steven R Koonin, Tony Bartel and Troy W Crawford. View Institutional Ownership Trends for GameStop Corp..
Who sold GameStop Corp. stock? Who is selling GameStop Corp. stock?
GameStop Corp.'s stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Prudential Financial Inc., State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D, Wells Fargo & Company MN, Dalton Greiner Hartman Maher & Co., Chartwell Investment Partners LLC, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Alliancebernstein L.P. and TD Asset Management Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for GameStop Corp..
Who bought GameStop Corp. stock? Who is buying GameStop Corp. stock?
GameStop Corp.'s stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Morgan Stanley, Cornerstone Capital Management Holdings LLC., BNP Paribas Arbitrage SA, Point72 Asset Management L.P., Karp Capital Management Corp and Spark Investment Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for GameStop Corp..
How do I buy GameStop Corp. stock?
Shares of GameStop Corp. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is GameStop Corp.'s stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for GameStop Corp. (NYSE GME)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about GameStop Corp. and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of GameStop Corp. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $22.22.
Earnings History for GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME)Earnings History by Quarter for GameStop Corp. (NYSE GME)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/25/2017||Q1 17||$0.51||$0.63||$1.96 billion||$2.05 billion||View||N/A|
|3/23/2017||Q4 2017||$2.29||$2.38||$3.06 billion||$3.05 billion||View||N/A|
|11/22/2016||Q3 2017||$0.47||$0.49||$1.97 billion||$1.96 billion||View||Listen|
|8/25/2016||Q216||$0.27||$0.27||$1.73 billion||$1.63 billion||View||Listen|
|5/26/2016||Q116||$0.61||$0.66||$1.97 billion||$1.97 billion||View||Listen|
|3/24/2016||Q4||$2.25||$2.40||$3.57 billion||$3.53 billion||View||Listen|
|11/23/2015||Q315||$0.59||$0.54||$2.14 billion||$2.02 billion||View||Listen|
|8/27/2015||Q215||$0.24||$0.31||$1.73 billion||$1.76 billion||View||Listen|
|5/28/2015||Q115||$0.59||$0.68||$2.01 billion||$2.06 billion||View||Listen|
|3/26/2015||Q414||$2.17||$2.15||$3.63 billion||$3.48 billion||View||Listen|
|11/20/2014||Q314||$0.61||$0.57||$2.21 billion||$2.09 billion||View||Listen|
|8/21/2014||Q214||$0.19||$0.22||$1.64 billion||$1.73 billion||View||Listen|
|5/22/2014||Q114||$0.57||$0.59||$2.03 billion||$2.00 billion||View||Listen|
|3/27/2014||Q413||$1.93||$1.90||$3.79 billion||$3.68 billion||View||Listen|
|11/21/2013||Q313||$0.56||$0.58||$1.98 billion||$2.11 billion||View||Listen|
|8/22/2013||Q2 2013||$0.04||$0.09||$1.35 billion||$1.38 billion||View||Listen|
|5/23/2013||Q1 2013||$0.40||$0.46||$1.84 billion||$1.87 billion||View||Listen|
|3/28/2013||Q4 2012||$2.10||$2.16||$3.46 billion||$3.56 billion||View||Listen|
|11/15/2012||Q312||$0.33||$0.38||$1.79 million||$1.77 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.71
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.37
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME)
|Dividend Growth:||10.40% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||39.47% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
44.71% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
44.05% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
|Track Record:||5 Years of Consecutive Dividend Growth|
Dividend History by Quarter for GameStop Corp. (NYSE GME)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 2.70%Insider Trades by Quarter for GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|1/13/2017||Stephanie M Shern||Director||Sell||4,000||$22.58||$90,320.00|| |
|9/15/2016||Michael Mauler||EVP||Buy||10,000||$26.91||$269,100.00|| |
|3/29/2016||Stephanie M Shern||Director||Sell||1,769||$31.19||$55,175.11|| |
|1/15/2016||Stephanie M Shern||Director||Sell||3,231||$25.47||$82,293.57|| |
|11/30/2015||Steven R Koonin||Director||Sell||1,250||$35.39||$44,237.50|| |
|10/20/2015||Julian Paul Raines||CEO||Sell||30,000||$45.00||$1,350,000.00|| |
|10/20/2015||Michael T Buskey||EVP||Sell||10,000||$45.00||$450,000.00|| |
|10/20/2015||Tony Bartel||COO||Sell||13,795||$45.00||$620,775.00|| |
|10/20/2015||Troy W Crawford||VP||Sell||5,000||$45.00||$225,000.00|| |
|9/21/2015||Kathy P Vrabeck||Director||Sell||5,000||$41.96||$209,800.00|| |
|9/21/2015||Michael Mauler||EVP||Sell||21,021||$41.97||$882,251.37|| |
|9/21/2015||Robert Alan Lloyd||VP||Sell||46,696||$41.97||$1,959,831.12|| |
|7/9/2015||R Richard Fontaine||Director||Sell||100,000||$46.84||$4,684,000.00|| |
|7/2/2015||Jerome L Davis||Director||Sell||6,500||$44.03||$286,195.00|| |
|6/19/2015||Steven R Koonin||Director||Sell||1,800||$43.37||$78,066.00|| |
|4/10/2015||Michael Mauler||EVP||Sell||20,000||$40.02||$800,400.00|| |
|3/30/2015||Steven R Koonin||Director||Sell||1,800||$37.91||$68,238.00|| |
|2/2/2015||Stephanie M Shern||Director||Sell||20,667||$35.10||$725,411.70|| |
|1/26/2015||Lawrence S Zilavy||Director||Sell||3,500||$38.06||$133,210.00|| |
|1/26/2015||Michael T Buskey||EVP||Sell||3,514||$38.22||$134,305.08|| |
|12/8/2014||Steven R Koonin||Director||Sell||1,800||$35.46||$63,828.00|| |
|10/1/2014||Lawrence S Zilavy||Director||Sell||3,500||$40.96||$143,360.00|| |
|9/19/2014||Daniel A Dematteo||Chairman||Sell||150,000||$43.63||$6,544,500.00|| |
|9/19/2014||Robert Alan Lloyd||VP||Sell||20,000||$43.63||$872,600.00|| |
|9/19/2014||Steven R Koonin||Director||Sell||1,800||$43.63||$78,534.00|| |
|7/17/2014||Steven R Koonin||Director||Sell||2,100||$41.26||$86,646.00|| |
|7/1/2014||Lawrence S Zilavy||Director||Sell||3,500||$40.49||$141,715.00|| |
|6/27/2014||R Richard Fontaine||Director||Sell||90,000||$40.42||$3,637,800.00|| |
|4/17/2014||Steven Koonin||Director||Sell||2,100||$40.64||$85,344.00|| |
|3/31/2014||Troy Crawford||VP||Sell||10,000||$40.52||$405,200.00|| |
|2/3/2014||Stephanie Shern||Director||Sell||5,703||$34.73||$198,065.19|| |
|12/12/2013||R Richard Fontaine||Director||Sell||82,000||$45.73||$3,749,860.00|| |
|10/17/2013||Steven R Koonin||Director||Sell||2,100||$51.53||$108,213.00|| |
|9/24/2013||Gerald Szczepanski||Director||Sell||128,000||$49.78||$6,371,840.00|| |
|9/24/2013||Tony Bartel||President||Sell||165,000||$49.89||$8,231,850.00|| |
|9/23/2013||Daniel Dematteo||Chairman||Sell||400,000||$49.62||$19,848,000.00|| |
|9/23/2013||Robert Alan Lloyd||VP||Sell||72,000||$49.71||$3,579,120.00|| |
|9/20/2013||Julian Paul Raines||CEO||Sell||110,000||$49.75||$5,472,500.00|| |
|9/20/2013||Michael Hogan||EVP||Sell||23,358||$49.79||$1,162,994.82|| |
|9/20/2013||Michael Mauler||VP||Sell||50,000||$49.76||$2,488,000.00|| |
|9/20/2013||Stephanie Shern||Director||Sell||1,950||$51.25||$99,937.50|| |
Headline Trends for GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME)
Latest Headlines for GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME)
GameStop Corp. (GME) Chart for Tuesday, May, 30, 2017