About Genesee & Wyoming
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. owns and operates over 120 freight railroads across the world, which are organized in approximately 10 regions. The Company operates through three segments, which include North American Operations, Australian Operations and U.K./European Operations. In the United States, the Company has over eight regions, such as Central, Coastal (which includes industrial switching and port operations), Midwest, Mountain West (which includes industrial switching operations), Northeast, Ohio Valley, Pacific and Southern. Outside the United States, the Company has approximately three regions, such as Canada (which includes a contiguous railroad located in the United States), Australia, and U.K./Europe (which consists of operations in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland and the United Kingdom). The Company provides rail services at over 40 ports in North America, Australia and Europe and perform contract coal loading and railcar switching for industrial customers.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Transportation
- Industry: Railroads
- Sub-Industry: Railroads
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: GWR
- CUSIP: 37155910
- Previous Close: $75.63
- 50 Day Moving Average: $74.32
- 200 Day Moving Average: $70.84
- 52-Week Range: $52.21 - $80.73
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 31.09
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 19.59
- P/E Growth: 5.94
- Market Cap: $4.35B
- Outstanding Shares: 57,832,000
- Beta: 1.57
- Net Margins: 7.05%
- Return on Equity: 7.45%
- Return on Assets: 2.98%
Companies Related to Genesee & Wyoming:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.72%
- Current Ratio: 1.01%
- Quick Ratio: 0.92%
What is Genesee & Wyoming's stock symbol?
Genesee & Wyoming trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "GWR."
Where is Genesee & Wyoming's stock going? Where will Genesee & Wyoming's stock price be in 2017?
8 brokerages have issued 12 month target prices for Genesee & Wyoming's stock. Their forecasts range from $58.00 to $77.00. On average, they anticipate Genesee & Wyoming's stock price to reach $69.63 in the next twelve months.
When will Genesee & Wyoming announce their earnings?
Genesee & Wyoming is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 26th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Genesee & Wyoming stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Genesee & Wyoming stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "GENESEE & WYOMING owns and operates short line and regional freight railroads and provides related rail services. They operate in three business segments in two geographic areas: North American Railroad Operations, Australian Railroad Operations, and Industrial Switching. " (2/13/2017)
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "The company reported 4Q16 adjusted diluted EPS of $0.89 up 4.9% y/y and two cents above our Stifel estimate of $0.87 which is the same estimate we use for setting target prices. The company also benefitted from a $0.10 onetime multi-year take-or-pay volume shortfall under a crude-by-rail contract, which benefitted the company $0.10 in EPS on top of the reported $0.89. On a GAAP basis the company reported EPS of $0.15. The bridge between the adjusted reported EPS of $0.99 and the GAAP EPS of $0.15 was: 1) $0.52 impact from U.K./Europe impairment and related charges in the fourth quarter of 2016, 2) $0.28 of corporate development and related costs in the fourth quarter of 2016, primarily associated with the GRail, P&W and Pentalver transactions, and 3) $0.04 from net loss on sale and impairment of assets, restructuring costs, write-off of debt issuance costs." (2/9/2017)
Who owns Genesee & Wyoming stock?
Genesee & Wyoming's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (9.49%), State Street Corp (2.74%), Franklin Resources Inc. (2.44%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (2.32%), Cardinal Capital Management LLC CT (1.70%) and Russell Investments Group Ltd. (1.24%). Company insiders that own Genesee & Wyoming stock include Albert J Neupaver, Allison M Fergus, John C Hellmann, Matthew O Walsh, Mortimer B Fuller III and Timothy J Gallagher.
Who sold Genesee & Wyoming stock? Who is selling Genesee & Wyoming stock?
Genesee & Wyoming's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Sandhill Capital Partners LLC, Loomis Sayles & Co. L P, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, Franklin Resources Inc., Teachers Retirement System of The State of Kentucky, Goodnow Investment Group LLC, Cortina Asset Management LLC and Paradigm Asset Management Co. LLC. Company insiders that have sold Genesee & Wyoming stock in the last year include Allison M Fergus, John C Hellmann, Mortimer B Fuller III and Timothy J Gallagher.
Who bought Genesee & Wyoming stock? Who is buying Genesee & Wyoming stock?
Genesee & Wyoming's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Russell Investments Group Ltd., Alyeska Investment Group L.P., Calamos Advisors LLC, Folger Hill Asset Management LP, Cardinal Capital Management LLC CT, GLG LLC, Marshall Wace LLP and Precocity Capital LP.
How do I buy Genesee & Wyoming stock?
Shares of Genesee & Wyoming can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Genesee & Wyoming stock cost?
One share of Genesee & Wyoming stock can currently be purchased for approximately $75.24.