HP Inc. is a provider of products, technologies, software, solutions and services to individual consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses, and enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors. The Company provides personal computing and other access devices, imaging and printing products, and related technologies, solutions and services. Its segments include Personal Systems, Printing and Corporate Investments. The Personal Systems segment provides Commercial personal computers (PCs), Consumer PCs, workstations, thin clients, Commercial tablets and mobility devices, retail point-of-sale systems, displays and other accessories, software, support and services for the commercial and consumer markets. The Printing segment provides consumer and commercial printer hardware, supplies, media, solutions and services, as well as scanning devices. The Corporate Investments segment includes the operations of HP Labs and certain business incubation projects.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Diversified Computer Systems
- Sub-Industry: Computer Hardware
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: HPQ
- CUSIP: 42823610
- Previous Close: $17.65
- 50 Day Moving Average: $15.37
- 200 Day Moving Average: $15.05
- 52-Week Range: $1,704,000,000.00 - $10.60
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 12.04
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 10.57
- P/E Growth: 5.08
- Market Cap: $30.08B
- Outstanding Shares: 1,704,000,000
- Beta: 1.52
- Net Margins: 5.17%
- Return on Equity: -63.67%
- Return on Assets: 10.39%
Companies Related to HP:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: -1.74%
- Current Ratio: 0.98%
- Quick Ratio: 0.74%
What is HP's stock symbol?
HP trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "HPQ."
How often does HP pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for HP?
HP announced a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, January 24th. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, March 8th will be given a dividend of $0.1327 per share on Wednesday, April 5th. This represents a $0.53 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 3.01%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, March 6th.
Where is HP's stock going? Where will HP's stock price be in 2017?
23 brokerages have issued 1 year target prices for HP's stock. Their predictions range from $12.00 to $20.00. On average, they anticipate HP's stock price to reach $16.12 in the next year.
When will HP announce their earnings?
HP is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, May, 23rd 2017.
What are analysts saying about HP stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about HP stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "The world’s second largest PC vendor, HP has outperformed the broader market over the last one year. The company recently reported splendid first quarter results driven mainly by strength in Personal System and execution of restructuring actions and productivity initiatives. HP’s efforts to turn around the business have been commendable. The company is working on product innovation and differentiation as well as enhancing the capabilities of the printing business to stabilize the top line. Furthermore, looking at the data compiled by two independent research firms – Gartner and International Data Corporation – we believe that the downtrend in PC shipments have been showing signs of stabilization. Notably, for HP, this was the third consecutive quarter of year-over-year shipment growth following five back-to-back quarters of underperformance. Nonetheless, pricing pressure due to intense competition remains a major concern." (2/24/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "FQ1 results were solid, with a nice revenue beat and modest EPS beat as well; weak gross margin driven by currency and component supply tighthess prevented incremental leverage on expenses. Notebooks, Printer Hardware and Supplies all performed well. Guidance was OK. We liked the continued improvement in execution but are still looking for another entry point. Q1 Beat. Q1 (Jan) revenue reached $12.68B (+5%Y/Y in CC), beating the Street's $11.83B. Q1 EPS reached $0.38 vs. Consensus of $0.37. Lower-than-expected gross margin of 17.7% vs. the Street's 18.5% prevented significant incremental leverage on expenses despite the revenue upside." (2/23/2017)
- BMO Capital Markets analysts commented, "HP Inc. reported positive headline results, and guidance that was largely in line with our/consensus view. Revenue impressed, as both segments beat expectations. PCs showed particular strength, as sales were up 10%'the highest growth rate since 2014. We are updating our PC model with a more moderate outlook for unit declines in 2016 and 2017, but remain on the sidelines on HPQ because challenges in both end markets will prevail. Our FY2017 EPS estimate goes to $1.60 from $1.62, while our FY2018 EPS estimate of $1.68 is unchanged' Revenue was $12.7 billion, well above our/consensus estimates of $12.0 billion/$11.8 billion as both segments outperformed in the quarter. EPS of $0.38 beat our/consensus estimates of $0.36/$0.37, and came in at the high end of guidance." (2/23/2017)
Barclays PLC analysts commented, "We expect shares of HP Inc. to be under pressure in the near term, as the results were decent but the outlook was soft. HP’s Personal Systems performance continued to be a bright spot, and it could be a positive lateral read-through for PC or consumer-related stocks, including WD and Seagate. However, disappointing printing trend-lines contribute to a softer EPS guide for the Jan-Q." (11/23/2016)
Who owns HP stock?
HP's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (4.63%), FMR LLC (2.95%), AQR Capital Management LLC (1.67%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.86%), FIL Ltd (0.70%) and DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral Genossenschafts Bank Frankfurt am Main (0.57%). Company insiders that own HP stock include Catherine A Lesjak, Henry Gomez, Jeff T Ricci, Kim M Rivera, Marie Myers, Martin Fink, Michael G Nefkens, Rajiv Gupta, Robert Youngjohns, Ron Coughlin, Shumeet Banerji and Tracy S Keogh.
Who sold HP stock? Who is selling HP stock?
HP's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State Street Corp, FIL Ltd, Two Sigma Investments LP, AQR Capital Management LLC, FMR LLC, Guggenheim Capital LLC, AMF Pensionsforsakring AB and Thornburg Investment Management Inc.. Company insiders that have sold HP stock in the last year include Catherine A Lesjak, Kim M Rivera, Marie Myers, Ron Coughlin and Tracy S Keogh.
Who bought HP stock? Who is buying HP stock?
HP's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral Genossenschafts Bank Frankfurt am Main, Arrowstreet Capital Limited Partnership, Janus Capital Management LLC, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Russell Investments Group Ltd., Teachers Retirement System of The State of Kentucky, Federated Investors Inc. PA and Glenview Trust Co.
How do I buy HP stock?
Shares of HP can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of HP stock cost?
One share of HP stock can currently be purchased for approximately $17.65.