About Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
KEMET Corporation (KEMET) is a manufacturer of passive electronic components. The Company operates in two segments: Solid Capacitors, and Film and Electrolytic. The Solid Capacitors segment primarily produces tantalum, aluminum, polymer and ceramic capacitors. Solid Capacitors also produces tantalum powder used in the production of tantalum capacitors. The Film and Electrolytic Business Group produces film, paper and wet aluminum electrolytic capacitors. It also designs and produces EMI Filters. The Company's product offerings include surface mount, which are attached directly to the circuit board; leaded capacitors, which are attached to the circuit board using lead wires, and chassis-mount and other pin-through-hole board-mount capacitors, which utilize attachment methods, such as screw terminal and snap-in. The Company sells its products to a range of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and electronics manufacturing services (EMS) providers.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Industry: Electronic Component
- Sub-Industry: Electronic Manufacturing Services
- Sector: Industrials
- Symbol: NYSE:KEM
- CUSIP: 48836020
- Web: www.kemet.com
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.75%
- Current Ratio: 2.51%
- Quick Ratio: 1.73%
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 16.71
- Forward P/E Ratio: 11.33
- Annual Sales: $757.79 million
- Price / Sales: 1.21
- Cash Flow: $1.24 per share
- Price / Cash: 13.16
- Book Value: $7.38 per share
- Price / Book: 2.21
- Trailing EPS: $4.91
- Net Income: $47.98 million
- Net Margins: 31.16%
- Return on Equity: 21.07%
- Return on Assets: 6.03%
- Employees: 9,100
- Outstanding Shares: 56,380,000
Frequently Asked Questions for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
What is Kemet Corporation's stock symbol?
Kemet Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "KEM."
How were Kemet Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM) released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, November, 2nd. The electronics maker reported $0.45 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.43 by $0.02. The electronics maker earned $301.47 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $298.51 million. Kemet Corporation had a return on equity of 21.07% and a net margin of 31.16%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 60.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the business posted $0.13 EPS. View Kemet Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Kemet Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Kemet Corporation's stock going? Where will Kemet Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
2 brokers have issued 1 year price targets for Kemet Corporation's shares. Their predictions range from $12.00 to $27.50. On average, they expect Kemet Corporation's share price to reach $19.75 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Kemet Corporation.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Kemet Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Kemet Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "KEMET Corporation and its subsidiaries is the world's largest manufacturer of solid tantalum capacitors and and one of the world's largest manufacturer of multilayer ceramic capacitors. According to industry sources, tantalum and ceramic capacitors are the two fastest growing sectors of the United States capacitor industry. Capacitors are electronic components that store, filter and regulate electrical energy and current flow and are one of the essential passive components used on circuit boards. " (11/9/2017)
- 2. B. Riley analysts commented, "We model $297MM in revenue (in line with guidance of $295MM to $305MM), EBITDA of $47MM, and pro forma EPS of $0.42, compared to a consensus of $299MM, $48MM, and $0.45, respectively. We believe the company is well positioned going into the quarter given the favorable macro environment with expanding global GDP , growing end-market demand, and well-balanced distributor inventory levels. Additionally, we believe ASP declines have remained at the low end of the historical 4%-6% range." (10/31/2017)
- 3. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "As we contemplated potentially favorable terms of Kemet's acquisition of NEC Tokin, following indications earlier this month that it hoped to close the deal by the June quarter under a different structure than originally designed, we didn't come close to calculating a transaction as favorable as the one announced this morning. Indeed, under terms of the agreement with NEC Corp., Kemet is buying the passive-component portion of NEC Tokin for $197mn, but nearly all of that price is coming out of Tokin through a sale of a division. The net of this is that Kemet will add ~$26mn in EBITDA from Tokin (on a trailing basis) and decrease its net debt from $281mn to $207mn (or even lower if you exclude $86mn in accruals for legal liabilities). In addition, Kemet believes it can take an additional $20mn in costs out of Tokin in the next two years. Thus we see earnings and EBITDA increasing significantly in FY18 and FY19, potentially to $1 in adjusted earnings. So how to value the stock now? To be sure, there are still risks associated with further restructuring in Japan. Still, the company is in a much stronger position today than it has been in years, with a broader product offering and a more solid balance sheet. We move our PT to $10, which is roughly 12x estimated pro forma FY18 EPS of $0.80, and is in line it peers in the passive-component space." (2/24/2017)
Who are some of Kemet Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Kemet Corporation include Balfour Beatty plc (BBY), EnPro Industries (NPO), Steelcase (SCS), ESCO Technologies (ESE), Herc Holdings (HRI), Saia (SAIA), Chegg (CHGG), Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI), PRA Group (PRAA), Hollysys Automation Technologies (HOLI), Pagegroup PLC (PAGE), HNI Corporation (HNI), Core-Mark Holding Company (CORE), Chart Industries (GTLS), Ascential plc (ASCL), AAR Corp. (AIR), Primoris Services Corporation (PRIM) and Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY).
Who are Kemet Corporation's key executives?
Kemet Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Frank G. Brandenberg, Independent Chairman of the Board (Age 68)
- Per-Olof Loof, Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 64)
- Stefano Vetralla, Chief Human Resource Officer, Vice President of Human Resources (Age 52)
- Charles C. Meeks JR, Executive Vice President - Solid Capacitor Business Group (Age 53)
- Philip Michael Lessner, Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer (Age 56)
- Susan Berish Barkal, Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer (Age 52)
- R. James Assaf, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary (Age 55)
- Claudio Lollini, Senior Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing
- John C. Powers, Senior Vice President, Global Supply Chain; Chief Procurement Officer. (Age 57)
- Brian Wesley Burch, Chief Information Officer, Vice President (Age 47)
Who owns Kemet Corporation stock?
Kemet Corporation's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (4.74%), Royce & Associates LP (1.94%), Bank of New York Mellon Corp (1.11%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (0.84%), Wells Fargo & Company MN (0.80%) and Principal Financial Group Inc. (0.79%). Company insiders that own Kemet Corporation stock include Charles C Meeks Jr, Claudio Lollini, Frank G Brandenberg, Joseph Vincent Borruso, Per Olof Loof, Ronald James Assaf, Stefano Vetralla, Susan Berish Barkal, Wilfried Backes and William M Lowe Jr. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Kemet Corporation.
Who sold Kemet Corporation stock? Who is selling Kemet Corporation stock?
Kemet Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Royce & Associates LP, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Systematic Financial Management LP, New York State Common Retirement Fund, Mckinley Capital Management LLC Delaware, Engineers Gate Manager LP, OxFORD Asset Management LLP and Strs Ohio. Company insiders that have sold Kemet Corporation company stock in the last year include Charles C Meeks Jr, Claudio Lollini, Frank G Brandenberg, Joseph Vincent Borruso, Per Olof Loof, Ronald James Assaf, Stefano Vetralla, Susan Berish Barkal, Wilfried Backes and William M Lowe Jr. View Insider Buying and Selling for Kemet Corporation.
Who bought Kemet Corporation stock? Who is buying Kemet Corporation stock?
Kemet Corporation's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Bank of New York Mellon Corp, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Wells Fargo & Company MN, Principal Financial Group Inc., Ameriprise Financial Inc., Smith Asset Management Group LP, Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. and Chicago Equity Partners LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Kemet Corporation.
How do I buy Kemet Corporation stock?
Shares of Kemet Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Kemet Corporation's stock price today?
One share of Kemet Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $16.32.
How big of a company is Kemet Corporation?
Kemet Corporation has a market capitalization of $920.15 million and generates $757.79 million in revenue each year. The electronics maker earns $47.98 million in net income (profit) each year or $4.91 on an earnings per share basis. Kemet Corporation employs 9,100 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Kemet Corporation?
Kemet Corporation's mailing address is 2835 KEMET WAY, SIMPSONVILLE, SC 29681-6202, United States. The electronics maker can be reached via phone at +1-864-9636300 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Kemet Corporation (KEM)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Kemet Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Analysts' Consensus Rating for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Ratings, 1 Hold Rating, 1 Buy Rating, 0 Strong Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.50)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$19.75 (21.02% upside)|
Consensus Price Target History for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
Analysts' Ratings History for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
(Data available from 11/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/31/2017||B. Riley||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$27.50||N/A|
|8/7/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Hold||Low|
Earnings History and Estimates Chart for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
Earnings History by Quarter for Kemet Corporation (NYSE KEM)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|2/1/2018|| || || || || || || || |
|11/2/2017||Q2||$0.43||$0.45||$298.51 million||$301.47 million||View||N/A|
|8/2/2017||Q1 2018||$0.18||$0.33||$282.52 million||$274.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/10/2017||Q4 2017||$0.10||$0.14||$191.73 million||$197.52 million||View||N/A|
|2/2/2017||Q317||$0.09||$0.11||$183.85 million||$188.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/1/2016||Q217||$0.04||$0.11||$187.99 million||$187.30 million||View||Listen|
|7/28/2016||Q117||$0.05||$0.06||$183.13 million||$184.90 million||View||Listen|
|5/3/2016||Q416||$0.07||$0.04||$180.81 million||$183.90 million||View||Listen|
|1/28/2016||Q316||$0.09||$0.04||$183.85 million||$177.20 million||View||Listen|
|10/29/2015||Q2||($0.01)||$0.09||$186.81 million||$186.12 million||View||Listen|
|7/28/2015||Q116||($0.02)||$0.01||$194.26 million||$187.60 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2015||Q415||$0.07||($0.06)||$204.49 million||$193.70 million||View||N/A|
|1/29/2015||Q315||$0.07||$0.11||$208.12 million||$201.30 million||View||N/A|
|10/30/2014||Q215||$0.03||$0.07||$208.88 million||$215.30 million||View||N/A|
|7/24/2014||Q414||$0.02||($0.07)||$215.60 million||$212.90 million||View||N/A|
|5/8/2014||Q4||$0.02||$0.01||$207.07 million||$215.82 million||View||Listen|
|1/30/2014||Q314||($0.06)||$0.02||$213.60 million||$207.30 million||View||Listen|
|10/31/2013||Q214||($0.27)||($0.13)||$206.10 million||$212.70 million||View||Listen|
|7/25/2013||Q1 2014||($0.22)||($0.38)||$205.35 million||$202.72 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2013||Q4 2013||($0.08)||($0.22)||$201.57 million||$203.50 million||View||Listen|
|1/31/2013||Q3 2013||($0.19)||($0.05)||$200.63 million||$200.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/1/2012||Q213||($0.09)||($0.14)||$223.88 million||$216.00 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.24
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.75
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Kemet Corporation (NYSE KEM)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 3.88%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 58.59%
Insider Trades by Quarter for Kemet Corporation (NYSE KEM)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|11/7/2017||William M Lowe Jr||CFO||Sell||21,903||$16.08||$352,200.24|| |
|9/7/2017||Joseph Vincent Borruso||Director||Sell||1,000||$22.31||$22,310.00|| |
|8/30/2017||Frank G Brandenberg||Director||Sell||11,525||$23.12||$266,458.00|| |
|8/14/2017||Wilfried Backes||Director||Sell||20,000||$20.47||$409,400.00|| |
|8/9/2017||Stefano Vetralla||VP||Sell||9,000||$18.70||$168,300.00|| |
|8/7/2017||Charles C Meeks Jr||Insider||Sell||30,000||$18.89||$566,700.00|| |
|8/4/2017||Ronald James Assaf||SVP||Sell||9,334||$17.73||$165,491.82|| |
|5/22/2017||Per Olof Loof||CEO||Sell||133,334||$13.13||$1,750,675.42|| |
|5/16/2017||Claudio Lollini||VP||Sell||9,500||$14.20||$134,900.00|| |
|5/15/2017||Charles C Meeks Jr||Insider||Sell||115,000||$14.33||$1,647,950.00|| |
|5/15/2017||William M Lowe Jr||CFO||Sell||68,422||$14.36||$982,539.92|| |
|2/27/2017||Ronald James Assaf||SVP||Sell||9,000||$10.92||$98,280.00|| |
|2/27/2017||Susan Berish Barkal||VP||Sell||4,000||$11.03||$44,120.00|| |
|2/1/2016||William M Lowe Jr||CFO||Buy||10,000||$1.51||$15,100.00|| |
|8/24/2015||Joseph Vincent Borruso||Director||Buy||5,000||$1.63||$8,150.00|| |
|7/31/2015||Susan Berish Barkal||VP||Buy||1,000||$2.35||$2,350.00|| |
|7/31/2015||Wilfried Backes||Director||Buy||10,000||$2.33||$23,300.00|| |
|6/8/2015||Joseph Vincent Borruso||Director||Buy||1,000||$3.13||$3,130.00|| |
|2/2/2015||Joseph Vincent Borruso||Director||Buy||1,000||$3.78||$3,780.00|| |
|6/7/2013||Joseph Vincent Borruso||Director||Buy||1,000||$4.39||$4,390.00|| |
|5/24/2013||Robert G Paul||Director||Buy||7,500||$4.45||$33,375.00|| |
|11/29/2012||Wilfried Backes||Director||Buy||5,000||$4.18||$20,900.00|| |
|11/12/2012||Joseph Vincent Borruso||Director||Buy||1,000||$4.40||$4,400.00|| |
Latest Headlines for Kemet Corporation (NYSE KEM)
Kemet Corporation (NYSE KEM) Chart for Wednesday, November, 22, 2017