Kennametal Inc. is a supplier of tooling, engineered components and materials consumed in production processes. The Company operates through two segments: Industrial and Infrastructure. The Industrial segment generally serves customers that operate in industrial end markets, such as transportation, general engineering, aerospace and defense. The Infrastructure segment generally serves customers that operate in the earthworks and energy sectors supporting primary industries, such as oil and gas, power generation, underground, surface and hard-rock mining, highway construction and road maintenance. It provides wear-resistant products, application engineering and services backed by material science serving customers across various sectors. The Company's product offerings include a selection of standard and customized technologies for metalworking, such as metal cutting tools, tooling systems and services, as well as materials, such as cemented tungsten carbide products and super alloys.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Industrial Products
- Industry: Machine Tools & Accessories
- Sub-Industry: Industrial Machinery
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: KMT
- CUSIP: 48917010
- Previous Close: $38.83
- 50 Day Moving Average: $34.74
- 200 Day Moving Average: $30.88
- 52-Week Range: $17.73 - $38.87
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 20.12
- P/E Growth: 1.02
- Market Cap: $3.11B
- Outstanding Shares: 80,193,000
- Beta: 1.91
- Net Margins: -3.27%
- Return on Equity: 9.14%
- Return on Assets: 3.95%
Companies Related to Kennametal:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.74%
- Current Ratio: 2.49%
- Quick Ratio: 1.34%
What is Kennametal's stock symbol?
Kennametal trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "KMT."
How often does Kennametal pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Kennametal?
Kennametal announced a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, February 1st. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, February 14th will be paid a dividend of $0.20 per share on Tuesday, February 28th. This represents a $0.80 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 2.06%. The ex-dividend date is Friday, February 10th.
Where is Kennametal's stock going? Where will Kennametal's stock price be in 2017?
11 analysts have issued 1 year price objectives for Kennametal's stock. Their predictions range from $16.00 to $50.00. On average, they anticipate Kennametal's share price to reach $35.30 in the next year.
When will Kennametal announce their earnings?
Kennametal is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, May, 1st 2017.
What are analysts saying about Kennametal stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Kennametal stock:
- Seaport Global Securities analysts commented, "KMT's outlook improved due to the beginnings of an industrial recovery. We are upgrading KMT to a Buy from Neutral due to improving sector exposure, cost-reduction benefits, related operating leverage and management's ability to maintain low cost levels during the upturn. We believe KMT's end markets are recovering. Specifically the exposure to energy, general industrial, transportation, aerospace and earthworks (machinery) appear most favorable. We believe that KMT's FQ2:17 organic sales growth of 2% is the first indication of a sales recovery. In 2017-2019, KMT will benefit from ~$200MM of restructuring charges (~8% workforce reduction and 3-5 factory closings). We believe that KMT's cost-out actions are permanent. We are modeling KMT's operating leverage at ~45%. We are increasing our FY2017 and FY2018 EPS estimates respectively to $1.35 (from $1.20) and $2.15 (from $1.40) due to the improved outlook for revenue growth and operating leverage. We are initiating a FY2019 EPS estimate of $3.00. Our new price target of $50 (from $28) is based on a FY2019 P/E of 16.7x and EV/EBITDA of 10.0x." (2/3/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Restructuring actions drove earnings results as Infrastructure margins exceeded our modeled expectations this quarter. With 90% of headcount actions identified as of the end of January there could be further upside to the targeted annual savings of $72mln which is currently baked into guidance. Finally, end markets are stirring with organic growth and modest share gains. We maintain our Buy rating and are increasing the PT to $45 on peer multiples." (2/3/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "After the release of first-quarter fiscal 2017 results, Kennametal's shares outperformed the Zacks categorized Machine Tools & Related Products industry. Over the long run, Kennametal holds solid organic and inorganic growth opportunities. Also, the company aims at developing sound cost structure by rationalization of certain manufacturing facilities and lowering of costs through employee and cost-reduction programs. For fiscal 2017, the company anticipates adjusted earnings to be within $1.20-$1.50 per share, up from the previous projection of $1.10-$1.40." (1/11/2017)
Who owns Kennametal stock?
Kennametal's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock, Inc (10.30%), State Street Corp (3.15%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (2.74%), Franklin Resources Inc. (2.67%), Janus Capital Management LLC (2.57%) and Arrowpoint Asset Management LLC (1.59%). Company insiders that own Kennametal stock include Andre Gagne, Cindy L Davis, Judith L Bacchus, Lawrence W Stranghoener, Marcel Robillard, Mathias Thibieroz, Pierre Colas, Pierre Labrecque, Robert J Clemens, Robert Wares, Roby Bégin, Roby B�Gin, Ronald M Defeo, Steven H Wunning and William J Harvey.
Who sold Kennametal stock? Who is selling Kennametal stock?
Kennametal's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Ardevora Asset Management LLP, FIL Ltd, Federated Investors Inc. PA, Gamco Investors INC. ET AL, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Cortina Asset Management LLC, Prudential PLC and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
Who bought Kennametal stock? Who is buying Kennametal stock?
Kennametal's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Franklin Resources Inc., Arrowpoint Asset Management LLC, Castleark Management LLC, Two Sigma Investments LP, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Seven Eight Capital LP, Folger Hill Asset Management LP and AQR Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought Kennametal stock in the last two years include Andre Gagne, Cindy L Davis, Marcel Robillard, Pierre Colas, Pierre Labrecque, Robert J Clemens, Robert Wares, Roby Bégin, Roby B�Gin, Ronald M Defeo and William J Harvey.
How do I buy Kennametal stock?
Shares of Kennametal can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Kennametal stock cost?
One share of Kennametal stock can currently be purchased for approximately $38.83.