About Altria Group (NYSE:MO)
Altria Group, Inc. is a holding company. The Company's segments include smokeable products, smokeless products and wine. The Company's subsidiaries include Philip Morris USA Inc. (PM USA), which is engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes in the United States; John Middleton Co. (Middleton), which is engaged in the manufacture and sale of machine-made cigars and pipe tobacco, and UST LLC (UST), which, through its subsidiaries, including U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company LLC (USSTC) and Ste. Michelle Wine Estates Ltd. (Ste. Michelle), is engaged in the manufacture and sale of smokeless tobacco products and wine. Its other operating companies include Nu Mark LLC (Nu Mark), a subsidiary that is engaged in the manufacture and sale of tobacco products, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation (PMCC), a subsidiary that maintains a portfolio of finance assets. Other subsidiaries include Altria Group Distribution Company and Altria Client Services LLC.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Staples
- Industry: Cigars & Cigarette Manufacturing
- Sub-Industry: Tobacco
- Symbol: NYSE:MO
- CUSIP: 02209S10
- Web: www.altria.com
- Market Cap: $124.36 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 1,918,568,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $63.47
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $69.30
- 52 Week Range: $60.01 - $77.79
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 8.57
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 18.12
- P/E Growth: 2.43
- Annual Revenue: $19.58 billion
- Price / Sales: 6.32
- Book Value: $6.44 per share
- Price / Book: 10.02
- Annual Dividend: $2.64
- Dividend Yield: 4.1%
- EBITDA: $9.81 billion
- Net Margins: 56.98%
- Return on Equity: 59.50%
- Return on Assets: 14.24%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.12%
- Current Ratio: 0.83%
- Quick Ratio: 0.47%
- Average Volume: 8.57 million shs.
- Beta: 0.64
- Short Ratio: 1.46
Frequently Asked Questions for Altria Group (NYSE:MO)
What is Altria Group's stock symbol?
Altria Group trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "MO."
How often does Altria Group pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Altria Group?
Altria Group declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, August 24th. Shareholders of record on Friday, September 15th will be given a dividend of $0.66 per share on Tuesday, October 10th. This represents a $2.64 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 4.09%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, September 14th. This is a positive change from Altria Group's previous quarterly dividend of $0.61. View Altria Group's Dividend History.
How will Altria Group's stock buyback program work?
Altria Group declared that its Board of Directors has authorized a share repurchase plan on Friday, July 28th 2017, which permits the company to buyback $1,000,000,000.00 in outstanding shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization permits the company to repurchase up to 0.7% of its stock through open market purchases. Stock buyback plans are generally a sign that the company's leadership believes its stock is undervalued.
How were Altria Group's earnings last quarter?
Altria Group (NYSE:MO) posted its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, July, 27th. The company reported $0.85 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.86 by $0.01. The company had revenue of $4.37 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $5.02 billion. Altria Group had a net margin of 56.98% and a return on equity of 59.50%. The firm's revenue was up 3.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the firm earned $0.81 earnings per share. View Altria Group's Earnings History.
When will Altria Group make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Altria Group issued on next quarter's earnings?
Altria Group updated its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, September, 6th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of 3.26-3.32 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $3.26.
Where is Altria Group's stock going? Where will Altria Group's stock price be in 2017?
11 analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for Altria Group's shares. Their forecasts range from $62.00 to $80.00. On average, they expect Altria Group's stock price to reach $72.09 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Altria Group.
What are analysts saying about Altria Group stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Altria Group stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Shares of Altria have underperformed the industry in the last three months, owing to declining demand of tobacco. The ongoing anti-tobacco campaigns and price rise to offset surging taxes have been hurting the demand for tobacco. Nevertheless, we believe the company’s shift to low-risk, smokeless tobacco products to boost market share remains appealing. Altria has proactively responded to the changing market scenario toward low-risk tobacco products and offered several reduced risk tobacco products which helped it to maintain market share. MarkTen e-cigarette and Green Smoke e-vapor are few flagship products belonging to this category. Further, Altria is expected to sell Philip Morris’s iQOS heated tobacco product in the domestic market, once it gains approval from the FDA. The company is also on track with its cost-reduction initiatives and consolidation of certain manufacturing facilities to streamline operations." (10/16/2017)
- 2. UBS AG analysts commented, "modest potential negatives."In fact, the FDA's new policy on tobacco is the "bigger overhang" as it could evolve into incremental federal cigarette regulation — an event that was previously viewed as being unlikely, the analyst continued. As a result, Altria's longer-term growth assumptions are being called into question and a re-rating of the stock's multiple is justified, as has been the case in prior periods of regulatory scrutiny.However, the FDA's new policy shift will be slow to implement and represents no near-term impacts to Altria's earnings per share, Powers added. Also, conversations with industry experts suggest that it will take several years before any tangible regulatory change on the industry takes hold.Related Links:Tobacco Reemerges As Hollywood Star, But Does The Screen Time Help?This Biometric ID System Allows You To Buy Weed, Booze And Other Controlled Products From A Vending Machine Posted-In: cigarettesAnalyst Color Price Target FDA Legal Top Stories Analyst Ratings Trading Ideas Best of Benzinga © 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved. Related Articles (MO) Reality Reflects Art: World Puts Grisly Graphics On Cigarette Packs; US Tries Different Approach Jim Cramer Shares His Thoughts On Sony, Microsoft, Valeant And Altria 5 Biggest Price Target Changes For Monday Benzinga's Top Upgrades, Downgrades For July 31, 2017 Mid-Afternoon Market Update: CyberOptics Drops After Q2 Results; Aaron's Shares Surge FDA's Nicotine Cut: Not As Bad As It Looks? View Comments and Join the Discussion! View the discussion thread. document.write('') Newsletter & Alerts