Altria Group, Inc. is a holding company. The Company's segments include smokeable products, smokeless products and wine. The Company's subsidiaries include Philip Morris USA Inc. (PM USA), which is engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes in the United States; John Middleton Co. (Middleton), which is engaged in the manufacture and sale of machine-made cigars and pipe tobacco, and UST LLC (UST), which, through its subsidiaries, including U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company LLC (USSTC) and Ste. Michelle Wine Estates Ltd. (Ste. Michelle), is engaged in the manufacture and sale of smokeless tobacco products and wine. Its other operating companies include Nu Mark LLC (Nu Mark), a subsidiary that is engaged in the manufacture and sale of tobacco products, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation (PMCC), a subsidiary that maintains a portfolio of finance assets. Other subsidiaries include Altria Group Distribution Company and Altria Client Services LLC.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Staples
- Industry: Cigars & Cigarette Manufacturing
- Sub-Industry: Tobacco
- Symbol: NYSE:MO
- CUSIP: 02209S10
- Web: www.altria.com
- Market Cap: $126.19 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 1,918,568,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $70.68
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $72.67
- 52 Week Range: $60.01 - $77.79
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 8.61
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 18.44
- P/E Growth: 2.50
- Annual Revenue: $19.58 billion
- Price / Sales: 6.41
- Book Value: $6.44 per share
- Price / Book: 10.16
- Annual Dividend: $2.44
- Dividend Yield: 3.8%
- EBIDTA: $9.81 billion
- Net Margins: 56.98%
- Return on Equity: 59.50%
- Return on Assets: 14.24%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.12%
- Current Ratio: 0.83%
- Quick Ratio: 0.47%
- Average Volume: 7.36 million shs.
- Beta: 0.61
- Short Ratio: 1.46
Frequently Asked Questions for Altria Group (NYSE:MO)
What is Altria Group's stock symbol?
Altria Group trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "MO."
How often does Altria Group pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Altria Group?
Altria Group announced a quarterly dividend on Thursday, May 18th. Stockholders of record on Thursday, June 15th will be given a dividend of $0.61 per share on Monday, July 10th. This represents a $2.44 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 3.73%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Tuesday, June 13th. View Altria Group's Dividend History.
How will Altria Group's stock buyback program work?
Altria Group declared that its board has approved a stock repurchase plan on Friday, July 28th 2017, which authorizes the company to buyback $1,000,000,000.00 in outstanding shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization authorizes the company to purchase up to 0.7% of its shares through open market purchases. Shares buyback plans are usually a sign that the company's leadership believes its stock is undervalued.
How were Altria Group's earnings last quarter?
Altria Group (NYSE:MO) announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, July, 27th. The company reported $0.85 EPS for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.86 by $0.01. The firm earned $4.37 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $5.02 billion. Altria Group had a return on equity of 59.50% and a net margin of 56.98%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 3.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted $0.81 earnings per share. View Altria Group's Earnings History.
When will Altria Group make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Altria Group's stock going? Where will Altria Group's stock price be in 2017?
13 analysts have issued twelve-month price objectives for Altria Group's shares. Their forecasts range from $62.00 to $80.00. On average, they anticipate Altria Group's share price to reach $72.54 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Altria Group.
What are analysts saying about Altria Group stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Altria Group stock:
- 1. UBS AG analysts commented, "modest potential negatives."In fact, the FDA's new policy on tobacco is the "bigger overhang" as it could evolve into incremental federal cigarette regulation — an event that was previously viewed as being unlikely, the analyst continued. As a result, Altria's longer-term growth assumptions are being called into question and a re-rating of the stock's multiple is justified, as has been the case in prior periods of regulatory scrutiny.However, the FDA's new policy shift will be slow to implement and represents no near-term impacts to Altria's earnings per share, Powers added. Also, conversations with industry experts suggest that it will take several years before any tangible regulatory change on the industry takes hold.Related Links:Tobacco Reemerges As Hollywood Star, But Does The Screen Time Help?This Biometric ID System Allows You To Buy Weed, Booze And Other Controlled Products From A Vending Machine Posted-In: cigarettesAnalyst Color Price Target FDA Legal Top Stories Analyst Ratings Trading Ideas Best of Benzinga © 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved. Related Articles (MO) Reality Reflects Art: World Puts Grisly Graphics On Cigarette Packs; US Tries Different Approach Jim Cramer Shares His Thoughts On Sony, Microsoft, Valeant And Altria 5 Biggest Price Target Changes For Monday Benzinga's Top Upgrades, Downgrades For July 31, 2017 Mid-Afternoon Market Update: CyberOptics Drops After Q2 Results; Aaron's Shares Surge FDA's Nicotine Cut: Not As Bad As It Looks? View Comments and Join the Discussion! View the discussion thread. document.write('') Newsletter & Alerts