Altria Group, Inc. is a holding company. The Company's segments include smokeable products, smokeless products and wine. The Company's subsidiaries include Philip Morris USA Inc. (PM USA), which is engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes in the United States; John Middleton Co. (Middleton), which is engaged in the manufacture and sale of machine-made cigars and pipe tobacco, and UST LLC (UST), which, through its subsidiaries, including U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company LLC (USSTC) and Ste. Michelle Wine Estates Ltd. (Ste. Michelle), is engaged in the manufacture and sale of smokeless tobacco products and wine. Its other operating companies include Nu Mark LLC (Nu Mark), a subsidiary that is engaged in the manufacture and sale of tobacco products, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation (PMCC), a subsidiary that maintains a portfolio of finance assets. Other subsidiaries include Altria Group Distribution Company and Altria Client Services LLC.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Non-Cyclical Consumer Goods & Services
- Industry: Cigars & Cigarette Manufacturing
- Sub-Industry: Tobacco
- Symbol: NYSE:MO
- CUSIP: 02209S10
- Web: www.altria.com/
- Market Cap: $117.99192 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 1,928,000,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $63.95
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $70.99
- 52 Week Range: $60.01 - $77.79
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 8.24
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 17.50
- P/E Growth: 2.37
- Annual Revenue: $19.58 billion
- Price / Sales: 6.15
- Book Value: $6.44 per share
- Price / Book: 9.70
- Annual Dividend: $2.64
- Dividend Yield: 4.3%
- EBIDTA: $9.81 billion
- Net Margins: 29.87%
- Return on Equity: 64.56%
- Return on Assets: 17.76%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.12%
- Current Ratio: 0.83%
- Quick Ratio: 0.47%
- Average Volume: 7.46 million shs.
- Beta: 0.63
- Short Ratio: 1.46
Frequently Asked Questions for Altria Group (NYSE:MO)
What is Altria Group's stock symbol?
Altria Group trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "MO."
How often does Altria Group pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Altria Group?
Altria Group announced a quarterly dividend on Thursday, August 24th. Stockholders of record on Friday, September 15th will be paid a dividend of $0.66 per share on Tuesday, October 10th. This represents a $2.64 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 4.22%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, September 14th. This is a positive change from Altria Group's previous quarterly dividend of $0.61. View Altria Group's Dividend History.
How will Altria Group's stock buyback program work?
Altria Group announced that its board has initiated a stock repurchase program on Friday, July 28th 2017, which authorizes the company to repurchase $1,000,000,000.00 in outstanding shares, according to EventVestor. This repurchase authorization authorizes the company to reacquire up to 0.7% of its stock through open market purchases. Stock repurchase programs are usually a sign that the company's board of directors believes its shares are undervalued.
How were Altria Group's earnings last quarter?
Altria Group Inc (NYSE:MO) posted its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, July, 27th. The company reported $0.85 EPS for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.86 by $0.01. The company had revenue of $4.37 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $5.02 billion. Altria Group had a net margin of 29.87% and a return on equity of 64.56%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 3.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $0.81 earnings per share. View Altria Group's Earnings History.
When will Altria Group make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Altria Group issued on next quarter's earnings?
Altria Group issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, September, 6th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of 3.26-3.32 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $3.26.
Where is Altria Group's stock going? Where will Altria Group's stock price be in 2017?
13 brokerages have issued 1-year price targets for Altria Group's stock. Their forecasts range from $62.00 to $80.00. On average, they expect Altria Group's stock price to reach $72.31 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Altria Group.
What are analysts saying about Altria Group stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Altria Group stock:
- 1. UBS AG analysts commented, "modest potential negatives."In fact, the FDA's new policy on tobacco is the "bigger overhang" as it could evolve into incremental federal cigarette regulation — an event that was previously viewed as being unlikely, the analyst continued. As a result, Altria's longer-term growth assumptions are being called into question and a re-rating of the stock's multiple is justified, as has been the case in prior periods of regulatory scrutiny.However, the FDA's new policy shift will be slow to implement and represents no near-term impacts to Altria's earnings per share, Powers added. Also, conversations with industry experts suggest that it will take several years before any tangible regulatory change on the industry takes hold.Related Links:Tobacco Reemerges As Hollywood Star, But Does The Screen Time Help?This Biometric ID System Allows You To Buy Weed, Booze And Other Controlled Products From A Vending Machine Posted-In: cigarettesAnalyst Color Price Target FDA Legal Top Stories Analyst Ratings Trading Ideas Best of Benzinga © 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved. Related Articles (MO) Reality Reflects Art: World Puts Grisly Graphics On Cigarette Packs; US Tries Different Approach Jim Cramer Shares His Thoughts On Sony, Microsoft, Valeant And Altria 5 Biggest Price Target Changes For Monday Benzinga's Top Upgrades, Downgrades For July 31, 2017 Mid-Afternoon Market Update: CyberOptics Drops After Q2 Results; Aaron's Shares Surge FDA's Nicotine Cut: Not As Bad As It Looks? View Comments and Join the Discussion! View the discussion thread. document.write('') Newsletter & Alerts