Nokia Corporation is engaged in the network and Internet protocol (IP) infrastructure, software, and related services market. The Company's businesses include Nokia Networks and Nokia Technologies. The Company's segments include Ultra Broadband Networks, IP Networks and Applications, and Nokia Technologies. The Ultra Broadband Networks segment comprises Mobile Networks and Fixed Networks operating segments. The IP Networks and Applications segment comprises IP/Optical Networks and Applications & Analytics operating segments. The Applications & Analytics operating segment offers software solutions spanning customer experience management, network operations and management, communications and collaboration, policy and charging, as well as Cloud, Internet of things (IoT), security, and analytics platforms that enable digital services providers and enterprises to accelerate and optimize their customer experience.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Communication Equipment
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:NOK
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.nokia.com
- Market Cap: $36.31 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 5,682,752,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $5.71
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $5.07
- 52 Week Range: $4.04 - $6.65
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 19.36
- P/E Growth: 1.04
- Annual Revenue: $25.61 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.42
- Book Value: $3.72 per share
- Price / Book: 1.72
- Annual Dividend: $0.20
- Dividend Yield: 2.9%
- EBIDTA: $2.6 billion
- Net Margins: -2.96%
- Return on Equity: 6.17%
- Return on Assets: 2.83%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.17%
- Current Ratio: 1.64%
- Quick Ratio: 1.44%
- Average Volume: 14.77 million shs.
- Beta: 1.44
- Short Ratio: 2.93
Frequently Asked Questions for Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK)
What is Nokia Oyj's stock symbol?
Nokia Oyj trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "NOK."
How often does Nokia Oyj pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Nokia Oyj?
Nokia Oyj declared a dividend on Thursday, March 30th. Shareholders of record on Friday, May 26th will be given a dividend of $0.1824 per share on Friday, June 9th. The ex-dividend date is Tuesday, May 23rd. View Nokia Oyj's Dividend History.
How were Nokia Oyj's earnings last quarter?
Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK) announced its earnings results on Thursday, April, 27th. The company reported $0.03 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.04 by $0.01. The firm earned $5.39 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $5.33 billion. Nokia Oyj had a negative net margin of 2.96% and a positive return on equity of 6.17%. The business's revenue was down 3.8% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the business posted $0.03 earnings per share. View Nokia Oyj's Earnings History.
Where is Nokia Oyj's stock going? Where will Nokia Oyj's stock price be in 2017?
17 analysts have issued 12 month price objectives for Nokia Oyj's stock. Their predictions range from $4.25 to $60.00. On average, they anticipate Nokia Oyj's stock price to reach $11.01 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Nokia Oyj.
What are analysts saying about Nokia Oyj stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Nokia Oyj stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Shares of Nokia have underperformed the Zacks-categorized 'Wireless-Equipment' industry over the last one year. This is mainly due to the below-par performance of its primary division– the Networks unit. The company reported lower-than-expected earnings and revenues in the first quarter of 2017. This disappointing performance by the flagship Nokia Networks’ division was primarily due to weakness in the IP/Optical Networks and Fixed Networks subgroup. Nokia expects net sales in its networks division to decline in 2017 due to the declining wireless infrastructure market, among other headwinds. Moreover, since the company operates globally its top line is vulnerable to adverse foreign currency movements. However, we are encouraged by the company's growth-by-acquisition strategy." (5/1/2017)
- 2. Argus analysts commented, "accounts related to Brexit. Management specifically noted a number of UBS projects that are likely to be delayed into the next calendar year and postponed consolidation of vendors at DB. Notwithstanding, Mr. Loschinin highlighted that exceptionally strong demand in automotive is now expected to reach ~30% within a few years. He also noted strong growth in financial services clients that have limited exposure to Brexit and capital markets. While we have adjusted downwards our near-term estimates, our assumptions post FY17E remain broadly unchanged. We reiterate our OW rating and see NY- based analyst day in early Sept as the next catalyst for the shares as management is likely to give more colour on INSYS integration." (8/15/2016)
Are investors shorting Nokia Oyj?
Nokia Oyj saw a drop in short interest during the month of April. As of April 28th, there was short interest totalling 25,364,994 shares, a drop of 17.0% from the April 13th total of 30,567,864 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 22,318,080 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 1.1 days.
Who are some of Nokia Oyj's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Nokia Oyj include Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (ERIC), Motorola Solutions (MSI), Harris (HRS), Alcatel Lucent SA (ALU), Commscope Holding Company (COMM), Echostar (SATS), ARRIS International plc (ARRS), ViaSat (VSAT), Ciena (CIEN), Viavi Solutions (VIAV), Knowles Corp (KN), Infinera Corp. (INFN), NetGear (NTGR), Barracuda Networks (CUDA), ADTRAN (ADTN), Sierra Wireless (SWIR), Mitel Networks Corp (MITL) and Vocera Communications (VCRA).
Who owns Nokia Oyj stock?
Nokia Oyj's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Levin Capital Strategies L.P. (0.84%), Ariel Investments LLC (0.57%), Alliancebernstein L.P. (0.37%), Folketrygdfondet (0.27%), Wellington Management Group LLP (0.21%) and Brandes Investment Partners LP (0.20%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Nokia Oyj.
Who sold Nokia Oyj stock? Who is selling Nokia Oyj stock?
Nokia Oyj's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, Levin Capital Strategies L.P., Folketrygdfondet, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Bank of America Corp DE, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Credit Suisse AG and Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft FI. View Insider Buying and Selling for Nokia Oyj.
Who bought Nokia Oyj stock? Who is buying Nokia Oyj stock?
Nokia Oyj's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Alliancebernstein L.P., Stelliam Investment Management LP, Ariel Investments LLC, TCW Group Inc., Wellington Management Group LLP, Ameriprise Financial Inc., Karp Capital Management Corp and FMR LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Nokia Oyj.
How do I buy Nokia Oyj stock?
Shares of Nokia Oyj can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Nokia Oyj stock cost?
One share of Nokia Oyj stock can currently be purchased for approximately $6.39.
Earnings History for Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK)Earnings History by Quarter for Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|4/27/2017||3/31/2017||$0.04||$0.03||$5.33 billion||$5.39 billion||View||N/A|
|2/2/2017||Q416||$0.08||$0.13||$7.35 billion||$6.72 billion||View||Listen|
|10/27/2016||Q316||$0.05||$0.05||$5.84 billion||$6.00 billion||View||Listen|
|8/4/2016||Q216||$0.04||$0.03||$5.80 billion||$5.58 billion||View||N/A|
|5/10/2016||Q116||$0.03||$0.03||$5.74 billion||$5.60 billion||View||Listen|
|2/11/2016||Q415||$0.12||$0.17||$3.88 billion||$3.61 billion||View||Listen|
|10/29/2015||Q315||$0.08||$0.09||$3.29 billion||$3.04 billion||View||Listen|
|7/30/2015||Q215||$0.06||$0.10||$3.58 billion||$3.21 billion||View||Listen|
|4/30/2015||Q115||$0.05||$0.05||$3.01 billion||$3.20 billion||View||N/A|
|1/29/2015||Q414||$0.12||$0.11||$3.74 billion||$3.80 billion||View||N/A|
|10/23/2014||Q314||$0.08||$0.11||$3.01 billion||$3.32 billion||View||Listen|
|7/24/2014||Q214||$0.07||$0.08||$3.91 billion||$2.94 billion||View||N/A|
|4/29/2014||Q114||$0.04||$0.06||$4.00 billion||$3.69 billion||View||N/A|
|10/29/2013||Q313||($0.01)||$0.01||$5.90 billion||$5.66 billion||View||N/A|
|1/24/2013||Q412||$0.06||$0.06||$10.55 billion||$8.04 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.31
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK)
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||-142.85% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
86.96% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
60.61% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
|Track Record:||2 Years of Consecutive Dividend Growth|
Dividend History by Quarter for Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading History for Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK)
Latest Headlines for Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK)
Nokia Oyj (NOK) Chart for Wednesday, May, 24, 2017