About Pandora Media (NYSE:P)
Pandora Media, Inc. provides music discovery platform services in the United States and internationally. The company offers streaming radio and on-demand music services, which enable the listeners to create personalized stations and playlists, as well as search and play songs and albums on-demand. It also provides Pandora?Ad-Supported Radio Service, an ad-supported service that allows listeners to access a catalog of music, comedy, livestreams, and podcasts through its personalized playlist generating system for free across its various delivery platforms, as well as Premium Access, a service to listeners to access on-demand listening experience; and Pandora Plus, a subscription radio service, which also includes replays, additional skipping of songs, offline listening, higher quality audio on supported devices, and longer timeout-free listening. In addition, the company offers Pandora Premium, an on-demand subscription service that provides users the ability to search, play, and collect songs and albums; build playlists on their own or with the tap of a button; listen to curated playlists; and share playlists on social networks. Pandora Media, Inc. was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Oakland, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Radio broadcasting stations
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio-6.43
Forward P/E Ratio-8.66
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.47 billion
Price / Sales1.39
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$0.61 per share
Price / Book13.07
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($1.24)
Return on Equity-198.06%
Return on Assets-25.88%
Pandora Media (NYSE:P) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Pandora Media's stock symbol?
Pandora Media trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "P."
How were Pandora Media's earnings last quarter?
Pandora Media Inc (NYSE:P) issued its earnings results on Thursday, May, 3rd. The Internet radio service reported ($0.27) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.38) by $0.11. The Internet radio service earned $319.20 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $304.43 million. Pandora Media had a negative return on equity of 198.06% and a negative net margin of 37.21%. Pandora Media's quarterly revenue was up 1.0% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted ($0.24) EPS. View Pandora Media's Earnings History.
When is Pandora Media's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for P?
29 brokerages have issued 12-month price targets for Pandora Media's shares. Their predictions range from $4.00 to $12.00. On average, they expect Pandora Media's share price to reach $7.7240 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Pandora Media.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Pandora Media stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Pandora Media stock:
- 1. Barrington Research analysts commented, "We have ticked lower our EBITDA estimate, which is now $(93) million, down from $(91) million. Full‐year cash flow generation should improve relative to 2017 as sub levels increase and ad revenue trends improve." (3/8/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Pandora Media, Inc. operates as a provider of Internet radio in the United States. It provides services to traditional computers, smartphones, such as Android phones, Blackberry phones and the iPhone. When a listener enters a single song, artist, composer or genre to start a station, its mathematical algorithms combine the genes cataloged with individual and collective feedback to suggest songs and build personalized playlists. The Company also offers advertising solutions addressing advertising markets: online display, rich media and video, mobile and broadcast radio. Pandora Media, Inc., formerly known as Savage Beast Technologies Incorporated, is based in Oakland, California. " (2/28/2018)
- 3. Macquarie analysts commented, "We model 1Q revenue/adj. EBITDA of US$301m/- US$91m, reflecting a trough 1Q while our cumulative 2Q-4Q ’18 adj. EBITDA improves meaningfully vs ‘17 in line with guidance. Our target remains US$5. Impact We model ’18/’19 adj. EBITDA of -US$120m/US$26m; we expect P will return to profitability in 4Q18 and achieve positive annual EBITDA in ’19. This is reflected by ongoing cost initiatives: 1) normalizing content costs, though ad LPMs will fluctuate in the short term due to minimum guarantees; 2) increasing direct sales, which have a better margin profile than app store sales; 3) better balancing the mix of ad- supported/subscription; and 4) expanding into non-music content starting with Podcasts. Overall, we model opex as a % of revenue lower in ’18 vs ’17; our G&A expense is lower YoY however our S&M/product development costs are slightly elevated in ’18 driven by new products/investments in ad tech." (2/25/2018)
- 4. Wells Fargo & Co analysts commented, "SCI delivered strong 2017 adjusted EPS of $1.55 (+20% y/y), which exceeded its original guidance of $1.29-1.43. 2018 adjusted EPS guidance of $1.72-1.90 (+11% to +23% y/y) implies 8% core growth with incremental contribution from tax reform/ an accounting change. A tough y/y comp following a strong 2017/allocation of a portion of (US tax reform) cash tax savings to increase employee compensation establish the 2018 core guidance slightly below the midpoint of SCI’s long-term 8-12% EPS range, which it reiterated at its recent Investor Day. Via multiple progressive innovations/initiatives supporting SCI’s sales force/strong anticipated cash flow, we’re confident the company can deliver upon its multi-year target of 4-6% base business growth/2-3% tuck-in/new build contribution/2-3% share repurchases. Increasing our 2018E-2019E adjusted EPS, we reiterate Outperform." (2/22/2018)
- 5. Aegis analysts commented, "We see a call option levered to continued improvement in ad monetization and continued growth of the subscription business, which we believe added north of 400K subscribers for the Pandora Premium product with partial offsets by the Plus product. Our new price target on the shares is $7." (2/22/2018)
Are investors shorting Pandora Media?
Pandora Media saw a increase in short interest in May. As of May 31st, there was short interest totalling 63,199,512 shares, an increase of 2.4% from the May 15th total of 61,707,852 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 8,773,731 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 7.2 days. Approximately 25.4% of the company's shares are sold short.
Who are some of Pandora Media's key competitors?
Who are Pandora Media's key executives?
Pandora Media's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Roger J. Lynch, Pres, CEO & Director (Age 55)
- Mr. Naveen Chopra, Chief Financial Officer (Age 44)
- Ms. Aimée Lapic, Chief Marketing Officer
- Mr. John Trimble, Chief Revenue Officer (Age 54)
- Mr. Christopher W. Phillips, Chief Product Officer (Age 43)
Has Pandora Media been receiving favorable news coverage?
News articles about P stock have been trending somewhat positive on Monday, according to Accern Sentiment. The research firm rates the sentiment of news coverage by monitoring more than 20 million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Pandora Media earned a news impact score of 0.11 on Accern's scale. They also assigned news stories about the Internet radio service an impact score of 46.55 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the next several days.
Who are Pandora Media's major shareholders?
Pandora Media's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Slate Path Capital LP (2.87%), Point72 Asset Management L.P. (2.82%), Cove Street Capital LLC (1.14%), Gamco Investors INC. ET AL (1.13%), WS Management Lllp (0.58%) and Gabelli Funds LLC (0.56%). Company insiders that own Pandora Media stock include Christopher Douglas Martin, Christopher W Phillips, David Gerbitz, John Trimble, Karen Sammis Walker, Kristen Robinson, Michael S Herring, Roger Lynch and Stephen G Bene. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Pandora Media.
Which major investors are selling Pandora Media stock?
P stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including WS Management Lllp, Slate Path Capital LP, SLS Management LLC, Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft FI, BNP Paribas Arbitrage SA, Teacher Retirement System of Texas, California Public Employees Retirement System and Gagnon Securities LLC. Company insiders that have sold Pandora Media company stock in the last year include Christopher W Phillips, David Gerbitz, John Trimble, Karen Sammis Walker, Kristen Robinson, Roger Lynch and Stephen G Bene. View Insider Buying and Selling for Pandora Media.
Which major investors are buying Pandora Media stock?
P stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Point72 Asset Management L.P., Cove Street Capital LLC, Gamco Investors INC. ET AL, Millennium Management LLC, Blair William & Co. IL, SG Americas Securities LLC, OZ Management LP and SCP Investment LP. View Insider Buying and Selling for Pandora Media.
How do I buy shares of Pandora Media?
Shares of P can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Pandora Media's stock price today?
One share of P stock can currently be purchased for approximately $7.97.
How big of a company is Pandora Media?
Pandora Media has a market capitalization of $2.05 billion and generates $1.47 billion in revenue each year. The Internet radio service earns $-518,390,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($1.24) on an earnings per share basis. Pandora Media employs 1,938 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Pandora Media?
Pandora Media's mailing address is 2101 WEBSTER STREET SUITE 1650, OAKLAND CA, 94612. The Internet radio service can be reached via phone at 510-451-4100 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Pandora Media (P)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Pandora Media and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe P will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe P will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.