About Pepsico (NYSE:PEP)
PepsiCo, Inc. is a global food and beverage company. The Company's portfolio of brands includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. The Company operates through six segments: Frito-Lay North America (FLNA), Quaker Foods North America (QFNA), North America Beverages (NAB), Latin America, Europe Sub-Saharan Africa (ESSA), and Asia, Middle East and North Africa (AMENA). The FLNA segment includes its branded food and snack businesses in the United States and Canada. The QFNA segment includes its cereal, rice, pasta and other branded food businesses in the United States and Canada. The NAB segment includes its beverage businesses in the United States and Canada. The Latin America segment includes its beverage, food and snack businesses in Latin America. The ESSA segment includes its beverage, food and snack businesses in Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa. The AMENA segment includes its beverage, food and snack businesses in Asia, Middle East and North Africa.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Staples
- Industry: Carbonated Soft Drinks
- Sub-Industry: Soft Drinks
- Symbol: NYSE:PEP
- CUSIP: 71344810
- Web: www.pepsico.com
- Market Cap: $158.84 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 1,422,143,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $112.79
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $114.72
- 52 Week Range: $98.50 - $119.39
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 23.06
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 19.94
- P/E Growth: 3.38
- Annual Revenue: $63.51 billion
- Price / Sales: 2.50
- Book Value: $9.45 per share
- Price / Book: 11.82
- Annual Dividend: $3.22
- Dividend Yield: 2.9%
- EBITDA: $12.58 billion
- Net Margins: 10.97%
- Return on Equity: 59.68%
- Return on Assets: 9.70%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 2.32%
- Current Ratio: 1.35%
- Quick Ratio: 1.21%
- Average Volume: 3.58 million shs.
- Beta: 0.68
- Short Ratio: 2.27
Frequently Asked Questions for Pepsico (NYSE:PEP)
What is Pepsico's stock symbol?
Pepsico trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "PEP."
How often does Pepsico pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Pepsico?
Pepsico declared a quarterly dividend on Friday, July 14th. Stockholders of record on Friday, September 1st will be given a dividend of $0.805 per share on Friday, September 29th. This represents a $3.22 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.88%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, August 30th. View Pepsico's Dividend History.
How were Pepsico's earnings last quarter?
Pepsico, Inc. (NYSE:PEP) announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, October, 4th. The company reported $1.48 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $1.43 by $0.05. The business earned $16.24 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $16.35 billion. Pepsico had a net margin of 10.97% and a return on equity of 59.68%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 1.3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $1.40 EPS. View Pepsico's Earnings History.
What guidance has Pepsico issued on next quarter's earnings?
Pepsico issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, October, 4th. The company provided EPS guidance of $5.23 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $5.16.
Where is Pepsico's stock going? Where will Pepsico's stock price be in 2017?
14 analysts have issued 12-month target prices for Pepsico's shares. Their predictions range from $108.00 to $135.00. On average, they anticipate Pepsico's stock price to reach $120.82 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Pepsico.
What are analysts saying about Pepsico stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Pepsico stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "PepsiCo reported mixed third-quarter 2017 results, with earnings beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate and revenues missing the same. Nonetheless, this is the sixth consecutive quarter of positive earnings surprise. On a year-over-year basis, core earnings and revenues grew 6% and 1.3%, respectively. PepsiCo has been doing well on the back of significant innovation, continued momentum in Frito-Lay business, revenue management strategies, improved productivity and cost-saving initiatives, along with better market execution. Revenues increased 1.7% on an organic basis, primarily driven by higher demand for beverages/food/snacks in the Asia, Middle East and North Africa, Europe Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America segments. Total volumes however declined 1% during the quarter against flat growth in the previous quarter. Core gross margins also contracted 15 basis points." (10/10/2017)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "greater innovation," Grundy commented in his downgrade note. In fact, PepsiCo is losing market share in approximately 85 percent of its beverage portfolio which also compromises a "key tenet" in holding a bullish stance.Meanwhile, PepsiCo's once-strong food division also faces pressure from grocery store weakness trends, Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN)'s growing presence in the food sector, along with "less M&A froth" to support the valuation.On top of that, a bullish stance on PepsiCo's stock was derived from management's productivity savings initiative through 2019 that would drive upside to Wall Street's estimates, the analyst added. But input cost inflation has returned which implies there is "less scope" for operating margin upside — especially at a time when the company needs to reinvest money in the North American market where it has a higher degree of exposure versus its peers.Bottom line, while PepsiCo boasts a great portfolio of brands the fact is the industry has slowed down as of late and will remain extremely competitive moving forward. As such, a "less constructive" (10/2/2017)
- 3. Credit Suisse Group analysts commented, "total beverage company" portfolio with product lines ranging from carbonated drinks to juices and Gatorade, Grandet commented in the downgrade note. While this did help to boost PepsiCo's stock higher of the year, including an 11 percent gain over the past year, the stock's risk to reward profile is now balanced.PepsiCo's total U.S. beverage retail sales trends "deteriorated significantly" since the start of 2017. While many investors assume that this could be attributed towards a trend in healthier consumer habits at the expense of carbonated drinks, the fact is the company's non-carbonated beverage portfolio is in decline. In fact, the NBC's weakness is no longer able to compensate for the greater weakness in the carbonated category.On top of that, PepsiCo's snack and food division was historically called on to compensate for weakness in the beverage business, the analyst continued. However, it is now a "stretch" to assume that Frito-Lay and other snack categories will "over-earn for an extended period of time." (9/8/2017)
Who are some of Pepsico's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Pepsico include Nestle SA (NSRGY), Procter & Gamble Company (The) (PG), Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (BUD), Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO), Philip Morris International (PM), Unilever NV (UN), Unilever PLC (UL), British American Tobacco p.l.c. (BTI), LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (LVMUY), LVMH-Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA (LVMUY), Altria Group (MO), L'Oreal SA (LRLCY), Ambev S.A. (ABEV), The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC), Diageo PLC (DEO), Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL), Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC (RBGLY) and Mondelez International (MDLZ).
Who are Pepsico's key executives?
Pepsico's management team includes the folowing people:
- Indra K. Nooyi, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Ramon Laguarta, President, Chief Executive Officer - Europe Sub-Saharan Africa
- Laxman Narasimhan, Chief Executive Officer - Latin America and ESSA
- Hugh F. Johnston, Vice Chairman of the Board, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Mehmood Khan M.D., Vice Chairman of the Board, Executive Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer - Global Research and Development
- Albert P. Carey, Chief Executive Officer, North America
- Sanjeev Chadha, Chief Executive Officer - Asia, Middle East and North Africa
- Vivek Sankaran, President and Chief Operating Officer, Frito-Lay North America
- Kirk C Tanner, President and Chief Operating Officer, North America Beverages
- Cynthia Mary Trudell Ph.D., Chief Human Resources Officer, Executive Vice President - Human Resources
Who owns Pepsico stock?
Pepsico's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include APG Asset Management N.V. (0.44%), Fisher Asset Management LLC (0.41%), Sanders Capital LLC (0.28%), Diamond Hill Capital Management Inc. (0.13%), Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V. (0.12%) and Nationwide Fund Advisors (0.09%). Company insiders that own Pepsico stock include Albert P Carey, Cynthia Trudell, Hugh F Johnston, Indra K Nooyi, Kirk Tanner, Laxman Narasimhan, Marie T Gallagher, Mehmood Khan, Ramon Laguarta and Vivek Sankaran. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Pepsico.
Who sold Pepsico stock? Who is selling Pepsico stock?
Pepsico's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Tukman Grossman Capital Management Inc., Mcrae Capital Management Inc., Private Asset Management Inc., Bridges Investment Counsel Inc., State Treasurer State of Michigan, BB&T Corp, Focused Investors LLC and Park National Corp OH. Company insiders that have sold Pepsico stock in the last year include Cynthia Trudell, Indra K Nooyi, Kirk Tanner, Laxman Narasimhan, Marie T Gallagher, Mehmood Khan, Ramon Laguarta and Vivek Sankaran. View Insider Buying and Selling for Pepsico.
Who bought Pepsico stock? Who is buying Pepsico stock?
Pepsico's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including APG Asset Management N.V., Nationwide Fund Advisors, Shell Asset Management Co., Sanders Capital LLC, Diamond Hill Capital Management Inc., Fisher Asset Management LLC, Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V. and PGGM Investments. View Insider Buying and Selling for Pepsico.
How do I buy Pepsico stock?
Shares of Pepsico can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Pepsico's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Pepsico (NYSE PEP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Pepsico and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Pepsico stock can currently be purchased for approximately $111.69.
Consensus Ratings for Pepsico (NYSE:PEP) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||6 Hold Ratings, 8 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.57)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$120.82 (8.17% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Pepsico (NYSE:PEP)
Analysts' Ratings History for Pepsico (NYSE:PEP)
(Data available from 10/24/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/13/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$116.00||N/A|
|10/6/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$125.00 -> $122.00||N/A|
|10/5/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$124.00 -> $122.00||N/A|
|10/2/2017||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$135.00 -> $135.00||Low|
|10/2/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$133.00 -> $108.00||High|
|9/17/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|9/14/2017||Macquarie||Initiated Coverage||Outperform -> Outperform||$125.00||Low|
|9/6/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$115.00||Low|
|9/6/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$120.00||Low|
|7/12/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||Low|
|4/28/2017||Barclays PLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$113.00||Low|
|3/3/2017||Sanford C. Bernstein||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||N/A|
|12/12/2016||Societe Generale||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||N/A|
|9/30/2016||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$121.00||N/A|
|9/30/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$120.00||N/A|
|7/13/2016||Argus||Boost Price Target||Buy||$116.00 -> $124.00||N/A|
|6/29/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$105.00 -> $104.00||N/A|
|4/19/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$102.00 -> $110.00||N/A|
|4/14/2016||First Global||Upgrade||Marketperform -> Outperform||N/A|
|2/26/2016||Sterne Agee CRT||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|12/4/2015||Tigress Financial||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||N/A|
Earnings History for Pepsico (NYSE:PEP)Earnings History by Quarter for Pepsico (NYSE PEP)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|10/4/2017||Q3 2017||$1.43||$1.48||$16.35 billion||$16.24 billion||View||N/A|
|7/11/2017||Q2 17||$1.40||$1.50||$15.57 billion||$15.71 billion||View||N/A|
|4/26/2017||Q1 2017||$0.91||$0.94||$11.98 billion||$12.05 billion||View||N/A|
|2/15/2017||Q416||$1.16||$1.20||$19.51 billion||$19.52 billion||View||Listen|
|9/29/2016||Q316||$1.32||$1.40||$15.89 billion||$16.03 billion||View||Listen|
|7/7/2016||Q216||$1.30||$1.35||$15.41 billion||$15.40 billion||View||Listen|
|4/18/2016||Q116||$0.81||$0.89||$11.85 billion||$11.90 billion||View||Listen|
|2/11/2016||Q415||$1.06||$1.06||$18.54 billion||$18.59 billion||View||Listen|
|10/6/2015||Q315||$1.26||$1.35||$16.19 billion||$16.33 billion||View||N/A|
|7/9/2015||Q215||$1.24||$1.32||$15.81 billion||$15.92 billion||View||N/A|
|4/23/2015||Q115||$0.79||$0.83||$12.22 billion||$12.22 billion||View||N/A|
|2/11/2015||Q414||$1.09||$1.12||$19.90 billion||$19.95 billion||View||Listen|
|10/9/2014||Q314||$1.29||$1.36||$17.13 billion||$17.22 billion||View||N/A|
|7/23/2014||Q214||$1.23||$1.32||$16.79 billion||$16.89 billion||View||N/A|
|4/17/2014||Q114||$0.75||$0.83||$12.43 billion||$12.62 billion||View||N/A|
|2/19/2014||Q413||$1.01||$1.05||$20.16 billion||$20.12 billion||View||N/A|
|10/16/2013||Q313||$1.18||$1.24||$17.03 billion||$16.91 billion||View||Listen|
|7/24/2013||Q2 2013||$1.19||$1.28||$16.79 billion||$16.81 million||View||Listen|
|4/18/2013||Q1 2013||$0.71||$0.77||$12.61 million||$12.58 million||View||Listen|
|2/14/2013||Q4 2012||$1.05||$1.09||$19.65 billion||$19.95 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Pepsico (NYSE:PEP)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.09
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Pepsico (NYSE:PEP)
|Most Recent Dividend:||9/29/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||9.60% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||66.53% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
61.69% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
57.50% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
|Track Record:||44 Years of Consecutive Dividend Growth|
Dividend History by Quarter for Pepsico (NYSE PEP)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Pepsico (NYSE:PEP)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.26%Insider Trades by Quarter for Pepsico (NYSE:PEP)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 70.31%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/10/2017||Ramon Laguarta||Insider||Sell||21,449||$110.51||$2,370,328.99|| |
|8/7/2017||Marie T Gallagher||SVP||Sell||41,489||$116.77||$4,844,670.53|| |
|7/25/2017||Indra K Nooyi||Chairman||Sell||452,830||$116.44||$52,727,525.20|| |
|7/24/2017||Indra K Nooyi||CEO||Sell||340,449||$116.42||$39,635,072.58|| |
|7/24/2017||Mehmood Khan||EVP||Sell||63,396||$116.39||$7,378,660.44|| |
|3/6/2017||Cynthia Trudell||EVP||Sell||9,000||$109.57||$986,130.00|| |
|3/6/2017||Laxman Narasimhan||CEO||Sell||4,258||$109.50||$466,251.00|| |
|3/3/2017||Vivek Sankaran||COO||Sell||2,000||$110.22||$220,440.00|| |
|3/2/2017||Kirk Tanner||COO||Sell||5,500||$110.13||$605,715.00|| |
|2/28/2017||Ramon Laguarta||CEO||Sell||23,585||$109.05||$2,571,944.25|| |
|7/28/2016||Mehmood Khan||EVP||Sell||51,137||$107.30||$5,487,000.10|| |
|7/13/2016||Laxman Narasimhan||CEO||Sell||3,219||$109.11||$351,225.09|| |
|7/12/2016||Albert P Carey||CEO||Sell||170,003||$108.81||$18,498,026.43|| |
|7/11/2016||Marie T Gallagher||SVP||Sell||13,586||$109.01||$1,481,009.86|| |
|7/11/2016||Ramon Laguarta||CEO||Sell||17,221||$108.27||$1,864,517.67|| |
|5/2/2016||Indra K Nooyi||CEO||Sell||304,220||$103.31||$31,428,968.20|| |
|4/20/2016||Cynthia Trudell||EVP||Sell||8,000||$104.23||$833,840.00|| |
|3/2/2016||Ramon Laguarta||CEO||Sell||11,000||$98.16||$1,079,760.00|| |
|2/18/2016||Hugh F. Johnston||CFO||Sell||118,125||$99.55||$11,759,343.75|| |
|10/14/2015||Daniel Vasella||Director||Sell||2,349||$98.06||$230,342.94|| |
|10/8/2015||Dina Dublon||Director||Sell||3,064||$98.50||$301,804.00|| |
|10/8/2015||Indra K. Nooyi||CEO||Sell||375,000||$98.53||$36,948,750.00|| |
|5/4/2015||Ramon Laguarta||CEO||Sell||13,801||$95.91||$1,323,653.91|| |
|10/29/2014||Alberto Ibarguen||Director||Sell||6,588||$94.44||$622,170.72|| |
|10/13/2014||Dina Dublon||Director||Sell||4,894||$94.53||$462,629.82|| |
|10/13/2014||Zein Abdalla||Insider||Sell||642||$94.65||$60,765.30|| |
|7/28/2014||Thomas Greco||EVP||Sell||28,372||$91.26||$2,589,228.72|| |
|7/25/2014||Albert P Carey||CEO||Sell||46,065||$91.53||$4,216,329.45|| |
|7/25/2014||Mehmood Khan||EVP||Sell||4,340||$91.55||$397,327.00|| |
|2/19/2014||Sharon Percy Rockefeller||Director||Sell||3,871||$77.57||$300,273.47|| |
|7/31/2013||Marie T Gallagher||SVP||Sell||33,998||$84.98||$2,889,150.04|| |
|7/26/2013||James J Schiro||Director||Sell||3,540||$84.94||$300,687.60|| |
|7/26/2013||Saad Abdul-Latif||CEO||Sell||55,464||$84.59||$4,691,699.76|| |
|7/26/2013||Thomas Greco||EVP||Sell||22,353||$84.70||$1,893,299.10|| |
|2/27/2013||Shona L Brown||Director||Buy||1,000||$75.33||$75,330.00|| |
Headline Trends for Pepsico (NYSE:PEP)
Latest Headlines for Pepsico (NYSE:PEP)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Pepsico (PEP) Chart for Tuesday, October, 24, 2017