About Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE:SAR)
Saratoga Investment Corp. is a specialty finance company. The Company is an externally managed, closed-end, non-diversified management investment company. The Company invests primarily in leveraged loans and mezzanine debt issued by private middle-market companies in the United States. Its investment objective is to generate current income and, to a lesser extent, capital appreciation from its investments. It purchases mezzanine debt and makes equity investments in middle market companies. It may invest in other investments, such as investments in distressed debt, including securities of companies in bankruptcy, foreign debt, private equity, securities of public companies that are not thinly traded and structured finance vehicles, such as collateralized loan obligation funds. Its leveraged loan portfolio consists primarily of first lien and second lien term loans. The Company's investment activities are externally managed and advised by Saratoga Investment Advisors, LLC.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Market Cap: $133.52 million
- Outstanding Shares: 6,003,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $21.48
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $21.40
- 52 Week Range: $17.17 - $23.78
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 12.15
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 10.59
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $35.76 million
- Price / Sales: 3.75
- Book Value: $22.36 per share
- Price / Book: 1.00
- Annual Dividend: $1.92
- Dividend Yield: 8.6%
- Net Margins: 29.96%
- Return on Equity: 8.79%
- Return on Assets: 3.38%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.07%
- Current Ratio: 0.11%
- Quick Ratio: 0.11%
- Average Volume: 20,005 shs.
- Beta: 0.48
- Short Ratio: 0.16
Frequently Asked Questions for Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE:SAR)
What is Saratoga Investment Corp's stock symbol?
Saratoga Investment Corp trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "SAR."
How often does Saratoga Investment Corp pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Saratoga Investment Corp?
Saratoga Investment Corp announced a quarterly dividend on Monday, August 28th. Stockholders of record on Friday, September 15th will be given a dividend of $0.48 per share on Tuesday, September 26th. This represents a $1.92 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 8.59%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, September 14th. This is a boost from Saratoga Investment Corp's previous quarterly dividend of $0.47. View Saratoga Investment Corp's Dividend History.
How were Saratoga Investment Corp's earnings last quarter?
Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE:SAR) issued its earnings results on Wednesday, July, 13th. The company reported $0.46 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.51 by $0.05. The business earned $7.91 million during the quarter. Saratoga Investment Corp had a return on equity of 8.79% and a net margin of 29.96%. View Saratoga Investment Corp's Earnings History.
When will Saratoga Investment Corp make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Saratoga Investment Corp's stock going? Where will Saratoga Investment Corp's stock price be in 2017?
5 equities research analysts have issued 12-month price targets for Saratoga Investment Corp's stock. Their forecasts range from $23.00 to $24.00. On average, they expect Saratoga Investment Corp's stock price to reach $23.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Saratoga Investment Corp.
What are analysts saying about Saratoga Investment Corp stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Saratoga Investment Corp stock:
- 1. National Securities analysts commented, "• SAR posted adjusted NII/share of $0.62 versus our estimate of $0.52 and consensus estimates of $0.51. NII/share, which doesn’t include the $789K change in accrued capital gains incentive fees, was $0.49/share, slightly below our estimate of $0.52/share but still exceeding the $0.48/share dividend.
• We expect the dividend to be increased steadily until we model the dividend to level out at $0.51/share in fiscal 2Q19.
• Non-accruals at cost decreased Q/Q to $9.8 million or 2.9% of the portfolio from $20.1 million or 5.9% of the portfolio. Previous non-accrual My Alarm Center was sold for a $7.7 million realized loss (consistent with prior quarter marks) during the quarter. As a result of the restructuring, SAR’s second lien debt in the company was converted into equity.
• The realized losses from My Alarm Center were offset by a $1.8 million realized gain on Mercury Network and a $2.1 million write-up of Easy Ice, which was recapitalized with Saratoga rolling its remaining investment into a second lien loan with a lower cost revolver provided by Madison Capital ahead of them, effectively lowering the cost of capital meaningfully for Easy Ice.
• We are revising our fiscal 2018 adjusted NII/share estimate to $2.15 from $2.06 and our 2019 adjusted NII/share estimate to $2.07 from $2.09." (10/16/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Saratoga Investment Corporation, formerly known as GSC Investment Corp., is a specialty finance company that invests primarily in leveraged loans and mezzanine debt issued by U.S. middle-market companies, both through direct lending and through participation in loan syndicates. The Company has been elected to be treated as a business development company. " (9/26/2017)
Who are some of Saratoga Investment Corp's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Saratoga Investment Corp include Draper Esprit PLC (GROW), Tiziana Life Sciences PLC (TILS), CM Finance (CMFN), Gresham House plc (GHE), Cluff Natural Resources PLC (CLNR), Mineral & Financial Investments Ltd (MAFL), Amedeo Resources PLC (AMED), Legendary Investments plc (LEG), Amedeo Resources PLC (CRO), Greencoat UK Wind PLC (UKW), Henderson Global Trust PLC (HGL), International Biotechnology Trust Plc (IBT), iShares S&P NA Tec. Semi. Idx. Fd.(ETF) (SOXX), ProShares UltraShort Russell2000 (TWM), Standard Life Equity Income Trust Plc (SLET) and Tiziana Life Sciences PLC (ADI).
Who are Saratoga Investment Corp's key executives?
Saratoga Investment Corp's management team includes the folowing people:
- Christian L. Oberbeck, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Michael J. Grisius, President, Director
- Henri J. Steenkamp, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, Treasurer, Secretary
- Steven M. Looney, Independent Director
- Charles S. Whitman III, Independent Director
- G. Cabell Williams III, Independent Director
How do I buy Saratoga Investment Corp stock?
Shares of Saratoga Investment Corp can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Saratoga Investment Corp's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE SAR)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Saratoga Investment Corp and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Saratoga Investment Corp stock can currently be purchased for approximately $22.34.
Consensus Ratings for Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE:SAR) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Hold Ratings, 3 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.60)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$23.50 (5.19% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE:SAR)
Analysts' Ratings History for Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE:SAR)
(Data available from 10/19/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/17/2017||Maxim Group||Boost Price Target||Buy||$24.00||N/A|
|10/16/2017||National Securities||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$23.00||N/A|
|10/13/2017||Compass Point||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||N/A|
|10/6/2017||Janney Montgomery Scott||Initiated Coverage||Neutral -> Neutral||N/A|
|9/7/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||Low|
Earnings History for Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE:SAR)Earnings History by Quarter for Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE SAR)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|1/10/2018|| || || || || || || || |
|7/12/2017||Q1 2018||$0.47||$0.60||$8.71 million||View||N/A|
|5/18/2017||Q4 2017||$0.26||$0.19||$8.36 million||View||N/A|
|5/17/2016||Q416||$0.40||$0.45||$7.13 million||$7.80 million||View||Listen|
|1/13/2016||Q316||$0.49||$0.42||$7.00 million||$6.94 million||View||Listen|
|10/13/2015||Q216||$0.49||$0.22||$7.20 million||$7.76 million||View||Listen|
|7/14/2015||Q116||$0.44||$0.33||$6.82 million||$7.56 million||View||Listen|
|5/20/2015||Q415||$0.45||$0.53||$7.04 million||$7.45 million||View||N/A|
|1/14/2015||Q315||$0.42||$0.53||$6.83 million||$7.31 million||View||N/A|
|10/14/2014||Q215||$0.37||$0.43||$6.40 million||$6.48 million||View||N/A|
|7/14/2014||Q115||$0.36||$0.33||$6.35 million||$6.14 million||View||N/A|
|5/27/2014||$0.44||$0.27||$6.08 million||$5.69 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE:SAR)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.27 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.11 EPS
Current Dividend Information for Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE:SAR)
|Most Recent Dividend:||9/26/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||106.08% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
84.58% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
91.00% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE SAR)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Headline Trends for Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE:SAR)
Latest Headlines for Saratoga Investment Corp (NYSE:SAR)
Saratoga Investment Corp (SAR) Chart for Thursday, October, 19, 2017