About Bancorpsouth Bank (NYSE:BXS)
BancorpSouth Bank operates as a financial holding company for BancorpSouth Bank that provides commercial banking and financial services to individuals and small-to-medium size businesses. It offers various deposit products, including interest and noninterest bearing demand deposits, and saving and other time deposits. The company also provides commercial loans, including term loans, lines of credit, equipment and receivable financing, and agricultural loans; a range of short-to-medium term secured and unsecured commercial loans to businesses for working capital, business expansion, and the purchase of equipment and machinery; and construction loans to real estate developers for the acquisition, development, and construction of residential subdivisions. In addition, it offers fixed and adjustable rate residential mortgage loans secured by owner-occupied property; residential construction loans; second mortgage loans; and home equity lines of credit, as well as non-residential consumer loans that consist of automobile, recreation vehicle, boat, personal, and deposit account secured loans, as well as issues credit cards. Further, the company operates as an agent for the sale of commercial lines of insurance; and a line of property and casualty, life, health, and employee benefits products and services. Additionally, it provides investment brokerage, and personal trust and estate services. As of January 25, 2017, the company operated through 234 full service branch locations, as well mortgage, insurance, and loan production offices in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee, and Texas. The company was formerly known as BancorpSouth, Inc. and changed its name to BancorpSouth Bank in October 2017. BancorpSouth Bank was founded in 1876 and is headquartered in Tupelo, Mississippi.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry State commercial banks
Trailing P/E Ratio20.51
Forward P/E Ratio15.36
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$781.02 million
Price / Sales3.96
Cash Flow$1.9405 per share
Price / Cash17.65
Book Value$18.97 per share
Price / Book1.81
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$1.67
Net Income$153.03 million
Return on Equity9.49%
Return on Assets1.09%
Bancorpsouth Bank (NYSE:BXS) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bancorpsouth Bank's stock symbol?
Bancorpsouth Bank trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "BXS."
How often does Bancorpsouth Bank pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Bancorpsouth Bank?
Bancorpsouth Bank declared a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, April 25th. Stockholders of record on Friday, June 15th will be paid a dividend of $0.14 per share on Monday, July 2nd. This represents a $0.56 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 1.64%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, June 14th. View Bancorpsouth Bank's Dividend History.
How were Bancorpsouth Bank's earnings last quarter?
Bancorpsouth Bank (NYSE:BXS) issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, April, 18th. The bank reported $0.54 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.52 by $0.02. The bank had revenue of $217.01 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $210.65 million. Bancorpsouth Bank had a return on equity of 9.49% and a net margin of 20.58%. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned $0.39 EPS. View Bancorpsouth Bank's Earnings History.
When is Bancorpsouth Bank's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for BXS?
8 Wall Street analysts have issued 12 month price targets for Bancorpsouth Bank's stock. Their predictions range from $32.00 to $37.00. On average, they anticipate Bancorpsouth Bank's stock price to reach $34.7143 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Bancorpsouth Bank.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Bancorpsouth Bank stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Bancorpsouth Bank stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Shares of BancorpSouth underperformed the industry over the past six months. However, the company boasts an impressive earnings surprise history. It surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate for earnings in all the trailing four quarters. Given a strong balance-sheet position, the company has been steadily enhancing shareholders’ value through strategic acquisitions, dividend hikes, share buybacks and excellent expense-management initiatives. Recently, the company announced plans to acquire Icon Capital Corporation. However, its exposure to consumer mortgage and commercial real estate loans continues to be a near-term concern." (5/28/2018)
- 2. Brean Capital analysts commented, "BXS reported a positive start to the year, albeit with a number of moving parts, including the acquisition of Houston-based Icon Capital Corporation (~$800M in assets). For Q1, we calculate an operating EPS of $0.56 vs. Brean/consensus of $0.53/$0.52; however, excluding a positive $5.5M MSR valuation adjustment, we estimate an operating EPS of $0.52. We note there were a number of moving parts in the quarter, including an accounting change on insurance revenues and a forgery/theft loss that were offset by a lower-than-expected tax rate and elevated share repurchase activity. Q1 also included the closings of Central Community and Ouachita, which provided some noise. Overall, we view the quarter as a positive start to the year, highlighted by core NIM expansion, modest loan growth and strong credit results. In addition, the Icon Capital deal appears favorable (both financially and strategically) and could provide a positive catalyst to the shares. We expect questions around the Icon deal, operating expenses, deposit betas (BXS’ costs remain contained) and future growth prospects (previous commentary suggested mid-high single-digit organic loan growth). YTD, the shares have modestly underperformed the BANK at -2% vs. +1%, while the forward EPS multiple is in-line with peers at ~13.0x." (4/16/2018)
Who are some of Bancorpsouth Bank's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Bancorpsouth Bank include East West Bancorp (EWBC), Commerce Bancshares (CBSH), Signature Bank (SBNY), Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL), Bank Of The Ozarks (OZRK), Wintrust Financial (WTFC), First Citizens BancShares Inc. Class A (FCNCA), Prosperity Bancshares (PB), Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI), Associated Banc (ASB), Popular (BPOP), Iberiabank (IBKC), Hancock (HBHC), Chemical Financial (CHFC) and First Hawaiian Bank (FHB).
Who are Bancorpsouth Bank's key executives?
Bancorpsouth Bank's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. James D. Rollins III, Chairman, CEO & Director (Age 59)
- Mr. Chris A. Bagley, Pres & COO (Age 57)
- Mr. John Gary Copeland, Sr. EVP, Treasurer & CFO (Age 65)
- Ms. Cathy S. Freeman, Sr. EVP, Chief Admin. Officer & Sec. (Age 52)
- Mr. Charles J. Pignuolo, Sr. EVP & Gen. Counsel (Age 62)
Has Bancorpsouth Bank been receiving favorable news coverage?
Press coverage about BXS stock has trended somewhat positive this week, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. Accern rates the sentiment of press coverage by reviewing more than 20 million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Bancorpsouth Bank earned a news impact score of 0.13 on Accern's scale. They also assigned news articles about the bank an impact score of 46.85 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the near future.
Who are Bancorpsouth Bank's major shareholders?
Bancorpsouth Bank's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (10.41%), Silvercrest Asset Management Group LLC (5.80%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (4.53%), Northern Trust Corp (2.86%), Fisher Asset Management LLC (2.00%) and JPMorgan Chase & Co. (1.60%). Company insiders that own Bancorpsouth Bank stock include James Elbert Campbell III, James Ronald Hodges, William James Threadgill Jr and William L Prater. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Bancorpsouth Bank.
Which major investors are selling Bancorpsouth Bank stock?
BXS stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including JPMorgan Chase & Co., Prudential Financial Inc., UBS Group AG, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, BancorpSouth Bank, BNP Paribas Arbitrage SA, Cortina Asset Management LLC and Fisher Asset Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Bancorpsouth Bank.
Which major investors are buying Bancorpsouth Bank stock?
BXS stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Wedge Capital Management L L P NC, BlackRock Inc., RMB Capital Management LLC, Cullen Frost Bankers Inc., Comerica Bank, Eaton Vance Management, Barclays PLC and Mendon Capital Advisors Corp. View Insider Buying and Selling for Bancorpsouth Bank.
How do I buy shares of Bancorpsouth Bank?
Shares of BXS can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Bancorpsouth Bank's stock price today?
One share of BXS stock can currently be purchased for approximately $34.25.
How big of a company is Bancorpsouth Bank?
Bancorpsouth Bank has a market capitalization of $3.07 billion and generates $781.02 million in revenue each year. The bank earns $153.03 million in net income (profit) each year or $1.67 on an earnings per share basis. Bancorpsouth Bank employs 3,998 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Bancorpsouth Bank?
Bancorpsouth Bank's mailing address is ONE MISSISSIPPI PLAZA 201 SOUTH SPRING STREET, TUPELO MS, 38802-0789. The bank can be reached via phone at 662-680-2000 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Bancorpsouth Bank (BXS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Bancorpsouth Bank and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe BXS will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe BXS will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.