About Albireo Pharma (NASDAQ:ALBO)
Albireo Pharma, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of novel bile acid modulators to treat orphan pediatric liver diseases and gastrointestinal (GI) disorders in the United States. Its lead product candidate includes A4250, an orally administered ileal sodium dependent bile acid transporter (IBAT) inhibitor that is in phase III clinical trial for treating progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis and phase II clinical trial for treating biliary atresia, alagille syndrome, and other cholestatic liver diseases. The company also develops Elobixibat, an orally administered IBAT inhibitor for the treatment of chronic constipation and other GI diseases, as well as nonalcoholic steatohepatitis; and A3384 for the treatment of bile acid malabsorption. It has license agreement with EA Pharma for the development and commercialization of elobixibat. Albireo Pharma, Inc. is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Pharmaceutical preparations
Trailing P/E Ratio-10.61
Forward P/E Ratio-10.68
Sales & Book Value
Price / SalesN/A
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$6.01 per share
Price / Book5.56
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($3.15)
Return on Equity-21.17%
Return on Assets-17.56%
Albireo Pharma (NASDAQ:ALBO) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Albireo Pharma's stock symbol?
Albireo Pharma trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ALBO."
How were Albireo Pharma's earnings last quarter?
Albireo Pharma Inc (NASDAQ:ALBO) issued its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, May, 17th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.15) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $3.75 by $3.90. The biopharmaceutical company had revenue of $11.20 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $55.33 million. View Albireo Pharma's Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for ALBO?
5 equities research analysts have issued 12 month price objectives for Albireo Pharma's stock. Their predictions range from $50.00 to $92.00. On average, they expect Albireo Pharma's share price to reach $65.25 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Albireo Pharma.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Albireo Pharma stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Albireo Pharma stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Albireo Pharma, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. It focused on the development of novel bile acid modulators to treat orphan pediatric liver diseases and other liver and gastrointestinal diseases and disorders. Albireo Pharma Inc., formerly known as BIODEL INC., is based in Boston, United States. " (3/30/2018)
- 2. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Albireo mgmt hosted a 4Q17 conference call today to provide a corporate update. Company remains on track for initiation of Phase 3 testing of IBAT inhibitor A4250 in Progressive Familiar Intrahepatic Cholestasis (PFIC) in the near future. As a reminder, Albireo presented encouraging data from a Phase 2 trial in rare pediatric cholestatic liver diseases, including PFIC, in 2017. Mgmt guided for Phase 3 top-line results by YE19, w/ regulatory submissions shortly thereafter. Albireo also plans to evaluate elobixibat in Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH), although not until early 2019. Evaluation of A4250 in other rare pediatric cholestatic liver diseases and testing of A3384 in Bile Acid Malabsorption is still planned, but deprioritized in order to focus on A4250 in PFIC. We believe stock is undervalued and reiterate BUY." (3/15/2018)
- 3. Wedbush analysts commented, "Zynerba updated its plans to focus development on rare and near-rare neurological and psychiatric disorders." (1/3/2018)
- 4. Cowen Inc analysts commented, "Albireo reported 3Q earnings today and provided a brief summary of recent progress." (11/17/2017)
Who are some of Albireo Pharma's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Albireo Pharma include TherapeuticsMD (TXMD), Cambrex (CBM), Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX), G1 Therapeutics (GTHX), ARMO Biosciences (ARMO), Innoviva (INVA), Wave Life Sciences (WVE), Myovant Sciences (MYOV), Amneal Pharmaceuticals (AMRX), Mirati Therapeutics (MRTX), Radius Health (RDUS), Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX), Deciphera Pharmaceuticals (DCPH), Impax Laboratories (IPXL) and IMMURON Ltd/S (IMRN).
Who are Albireo Pharma's key executives?
Albireo Pharma's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Ronald H. W. Cooper, CEO, Pres & Director (Age 55)
- Dr. Paresh N. Soni, Chief Medical Officer (Age 58)
- Ms. Martha J. Carter, Chief Regulatory Officer (Age 66)
- Dr. Per-Goran Gillberg, Co-Founder & VP of Devel.
- Mr. Thomas A. Shea, CFO, Treasurer & Sec. (Age 58)
Has Albireo Pharma been receiving favorable news coverage?
Headlines about ALBO stock have been trending somewhat positive on Monday, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. The research firm scores the sentiment of media coverage by reviewing more than twenty million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Albireo Pharma earned a coverage optimism score of 0.03 on Accern's scale. They also gave media coverage about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 46.10 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock's share price in the immediate future.
Who are Albireo Pharma's major shareholders?
Albireo Pharma's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Artal Group S.A. (4.59%), Federated Investors Inc. PA (2.60%), BVF Inc. IL (1.88%), Millennium Management LLC (1.30%), Heartland Advisors Inc. (0.76%) and Chicago Capital LLC (0.76%). Company insiders that own Albireo Pharma stock include Jan Mattsson, Life Sciences Maste Perceptive, Phase4 Partners Ltd and Plc Astrazeneca. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Albireo Pharma.
Which institutional investors are buying Albireo Pharma stock?
ALBO stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Federated Investors Inc. PA, Artal Group S.A., BVF Inc. IL, Millennium Management LLC, Heartland Advisors Inc., Chicago Capital LLC, BlackRock Inc. and Victory Capital Management Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Albireo Pharma.
How do I buy shares of Albireo Pharma?
Shares of ALBO can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Albireo Pharma's stock price today?
One share of ALBO stock can currently be purchased for approximately $33.43.
How big of a company is Albireo Pharma?
Albireo Pharma has a market capitalization of $388.47 million. The biopharmaceutical company earns $-24,410,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($3.15) on an earnings per share basis. Albireo Pharma employs 22 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Albireo Pharma?
Albireo Pharma's mailing address is 10 POST OFFICE SQUARE SUITE 502 SOUTH, BOSTON MA, 02109. The biopharmaceutical company can be reached via phone at 857-254-5555 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Albireo Pharma (ALBO)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Albireo Pharma and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe ALBO will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe ALBO will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.