About Alder Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALDR)
Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. operates as a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. It discovers, develops, and commercializes therapeutic antibodies to transform the treatment paradigm for patients with migraine and other serious neurological or inflammatory conditions in the United States, Australia, and Ireland. The company's lead pivotal-stage product candidate, Eptinezumab, a monoclonal antibody inhibiting calcitonin gene-related peptide, which is in Phase III pivotal trials for the prevention of migraine. Its product candidate pipeline also includes ALD1910, a preclinical monoclonal antibody that targets pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide-38; and Clazakizumab, that has completed two Phase 2b clinical trials designed to block the pro-inflammatory cytokine IL-6. Alder BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. was incorporated in 2002 and is headquartered in Bothell, Washington.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Pharmaceutical preparations
Trailing P/E Ratio-3.47
Forward P/E Ratio-3.50
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.62 million
Price / Sales720.38
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$4.12 per share
Price / Book4.17
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($4.95)
Return on Equity-97.70%
Return on Assets-72.39%
Alder Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALDR) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Alder Biopharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
Alder Biopharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ALDR."
How were Alder Biopharmaceuticals' earnings last quarter?
Alder Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:ALDR) issued its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, May, 8th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($1.73) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($1.23) by $0.50. View Alder Biopharmaceuticals' Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for ALDR?
12 brokerages have issued 1 year target prices for Alder Biopharmaceuticals' stock. Their forecasts range from $11.00 to $51.00. On average, they anticipate Alder Biopharmaceuticals' stock price to reach $27.5455 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Alder Biopharmaceuticals.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Alder Biopharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Alder Biopharmaceuticals stock:
- 1. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We would BUY ALDR on this AGN-related dip Earlier today (6/11), Allergan (AGN, not covered) released top-line Phase 2b/3 data on atogepant, which is an oral calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptor antagonist that is in development for the prevention of migraine. These early top-line data bode well for AGN and BHVN’s oral migraine-prevention products; see here for our note on BHVN ($36.11 | BUY, $40 price target). In short, however, we view ALDR’s intravenous (IV) eptinezumab as sufficiently differentiated vs. other injectables that are all subcutaneous, and orals that are much farther behind and do not have as much safety/efficacy data as injectables currently. As such, we believe eptinezumab has a significant role to play in migraine prevention especially for patients with chronic migraine, which is defined as >15 episodes per month for clinical trial purposes." (6/13/2018)
- 2. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Alder had a busy 1Q with new CEO, CMO, and COO hires. After a thorough internal review, the team now expects Epti BLA submission to be completed in 1Q19 (was 2H18). Importantly, all gating CMC and clinical activities for BLA filing remain on track. As such, we moved our estimated epti launch from 4Q19 to 1Q20. We don’t expect the slight delay to market to significantly impact overall uptake. Epti’s differentiated profile (rapid onset, deep magnitude of effect) was highlighted at the AAN conference in April. We believe epti is sufficiently differentiated from competitors and think it can capture ~15% of the CGRP migraine prevention market (~$1.1B peak U.S. sales). Maintain BUY." (5/9/2018)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Alder Biopharmaceuticals Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. It discovers, develops and seeks to commercialize therapeutic antibodies. It is developing monoclonal antibodies comprising ALD403, for the prevention of migraine; and Clazakizumab, in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. Alder Biopharmaceuticals Inc. is headquartered in Bothell, Washington. " (5/1/2018)
- 4. Mizuho analysts commented, "We spoke with the company a couple of times late last week and this week after the announcement that CEO Randall Schatzman was stepping down. Our view on eptinezumab having a competitive and differentiated profile in the crowded migraine space has not changed. While the CEO transition brings uncertainties, it may help position the company as a commercial organization sooner. In our view, the best way to unlock the value of eptinezumab is through an acquisition by a larger company with substantial U.S. commercial experience. We recommend buying the shares on weakness." (3/28/2018)
Who are some of Alder Biopharmaceuticals' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Alder Biopharmaceuticals include HUTCHISON CHINA/S (HCM), Madrigal Pharmaceuticals (MDGL), Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE), Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND), GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH), Array Biopharma (ARRY), Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD), Blueprint Medicines (BPMC), Horizon Pharma (HZNP), Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN), Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD), Ascendis Pharma A/S (ASND), The Medicines (MDCO), Portola Pharmaceuticals (PTLA) and Emergent Biosolutions (EBS).
Who are Alder Biopharmaceuticals' key executives?
Alder Biopharmaceuticals' management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Paul B. Cleveland, Interim Pres, CEO & Director (Age 61)
- Dr. John A. Latham, Co-Founder & Chief Scientific Officer (Age 58)
- Mr. Larry K. Benedict, Principal Accounting Officer & Exec. VP (Age 57)
- Ms. Elisabeth A. Sandoval M.B.A, Chief Commercial Officer & Exec. VP of Corp. Strategy (Age 56)
- Dr. Jeffrey T. L. Smith, Managing Director of Alder Biopharmaceuticals Limited (Age 58)
Has Alder Biopharmaceuticals been receiving favorable news coverage?
News stories about ALDR stock have trended somewhat positive on Monday, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. The research group identifies negative and positive media coverage by monitoring more than 20 million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Alder Biopharmaceuticals earned a news impact score of 0.13 on Accern's scale. They also assigned media headlines about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 41.45 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the near term.
Who are Alder Biopharmaceuticals' major shareholders?
Alder Biopharmaceuticals' stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include
REDMILE GROUP, LLC
(9.99%), REDMILE GROUP, LLC (9.99%), NB PUBLIC EQUITY K (5.00%), Foresite Capital Management III LLC (4.34%), Palo Alto Investors LP (2.73%) and Foresite Capital Management II LLC (2.49%). Company insiders that own Alder Biopharmaceuticals stock include Jeffrey T L Smith, John A Latham, Mark James Litton, Randall C Schatzman and Stephen M Dow. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Alder Biopharmaceuticals.
Which institutional investors are selling Alder Biopharmaceuticals stock?
ALDR stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Citigroup Inc., Pinnacle Associates Ltd., Millennium Management LLC, Virginia Retirement Systems ET AL, Baird Financial Group Inc., Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc., Teacher Retirement System of Texas and California State Teachers Retirement System. Company insiders that have sold Alder Biopharmaceuticals company stock in the last year include Jeffrey T L Smith and Mark James Litton. View Insider Buying and Selling for Alder Biopharmaceuticals.
Which institutional investors are buying Alder Biopharmaceuticals stock?
ALDR stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Bellevue Group AG, Foresite Capital Management II LLC, Massachusetts Financial Services Co. MA, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, UBS Group AG, Foresite Capital Management III LLC, Candriam Luxembourg S.C.A. and Tiverton Asset Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Alder Biopharmaceuticals.
How do I buy shares of Alder Biopharmaceuticals?
Shares of ALDR can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Alder Biopharmaceuticals' stock price today?
One share of ALDR stock can currently be purchased for approximately $17.60.
How big of a company is Alder Biopharmaceuticals?
Alder Biopharmaceuticals has a market capitalization of $1.20 billion and generates $1.62 million in revenue each year. The biopharmaceutical company earns $-288,870,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($4.95) on an earnings per share basis. Alder Biopharmaceuticals employs 193 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Alder Biopharmaceuticals?
Alder Biopharmaceuticals' mailing address is 11804 NORTH CREEK PARKWAY SOUTH, BOTHELL WA, 98011. The biopharmaceutical company can be reached via phone at 425-205-2900 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Alder Biopharmaceuticals (ALDR)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Alder Biopharmaceuticals and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe ALDR will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe ALDR will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.