About AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG)
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company's segment is the manufacture, development and commercialization of products and services for use in treating various conditions, with a focus on maternal health, anemia management and cancer supportive care. Its offerings focus on maternal health, anemia management and cancer supportive care, including its product, Makena (hydroxyprogesterone caproate injection); services related to the collection, processing and storage of umbilical cord blood stem cell and cord tissue units operated through Cord Blood Registry (CBR); its product, Feraheme (ferumoxytol), for intravenous (IV) use, and MuGard Mucoadhesive Oral Wound Rinse. It is engaged in the development of Digoxin immune fab, a polyclonal antibody for the treatment of severe preeclampsia in pregnant women. Makena is a drug indicated to reduce the risk of preterm birth in women pregnant with a single baby having a history of singleton spontaneous preterm birth.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Pharmaceuticals
- Sub-Industry: Biotechnology
- Symbol: NASDAQ:AMAG
- CUSIP: 00163U10
- Web: www.amagpharma.com
- Market Cap: $550.49 million
- Outstanding Shares: 35,288,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $18.39
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $19.04
- 52 Week Range: $15.20 - $36.83
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -5.71
- P/E Growth: 0.32
- Annual Revenue: $593.24 million
- Price / Sales: 0.93
- Book Value: $26.86 per share
- Price / Book: 0.58
- EBITDA: $237.6 million
- Net Margins: -7.58%
- Return on Equity: -4.81%
- Return on Assets: -1.85%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.81%
- Current Ratio: 1.51%
- Quick Ratio: 1.41%
- Average Volume: 844,963 shs.
- Beta: 0.98
- Short Ratio: 17.44
Frequently Asked Questions for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG)
What is AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
AMAG Pharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AMAG."
How were AMAG Pharmaceuticals' earnings last quarter?
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAG) released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, August, 3rd. The company reported ($0.40) earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.58) by $0.18. The business had revenue of $158.39 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $158.83 million. AMAG Pharmaceuticals had a negative return on equity of 4.81% and a negative net margin of 7.58%. The company's revenue for the quarter was up 24.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the business posted $1.45 earnings per share. View AMAG Pharmaceuticals' Earnings History.
When will AMAG Pharmaceuticals make its next earnings announcement?
Where is AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock going? Where will AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock price be in 2017?
14 analysts have issued 12 month target prices for AMAG Pharmaceuticals' shares. Their predictions range from $18.00 to $45.00. On average, they anticipate AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock price to reach $27.42 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for AMAG Pharmaceuticals.
What are analysts saying about AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "AMAG has been pursuing strategic acquisitions and deals to boost its portfolio and pipeline. The company is making its investments in the launch of Intrarosa, expansion of the label for Feraheme, development work to support the bremelanotide NDA and expected approval and launch of the Makena subcutaneous auto-injector (SQ) . In June 2017, the FDA accepted the sNDA for the Makena subcutaneous auto-injector. The agency has established a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) target action date of Feb 14, 2018. AMAG is focused on expanding the Makena’s label further in a bid to increase its market share. AMAG’s shares have underperformed the Medical-Biomedical/Genetics industry year to date. Estimates have been mixed ahead of the Q3 earnings results. The company has a mixed record of earnings surprises in recent quarters." (10/17/2017)
- 2. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "AMAG announced the commercial launch of Intrarosa (DHEA vaginal insert) as a treatment for moderate to severe dyspareunia associated with vulvar vaginal atrophy (VVA)." (7/24/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "No surprise vs. pre-announced 4Q16 results on 1/9/17. Another acquisition of women's health product Intrarosa also fails to excite investors (following Rekynda on 1/9/17). Given ongoing concerns, near-term we view limited upside; medium/long-term share price recovery would likely be driven by timely approval/successful launch of Makena 3.0 & strong Intrarosa uptake providing confidence in its commercial potential, which may not be materialized until ~2018." (2/15/2017)
- 4. Guggenheim analysts commented, "Despite near-term setbacks, we continue to believe patience will be rewarded for AMAG investors with a longer-term horizon. However we are lowering our price target to $28 from $42. Our PT reduction is driven by lowered expectations for Makena life cycle extension. We believe Makena Sub-Q will face a challenging reimbursement environment, if approved, given the pain and Cmax PK data released this morning and expect generics to capture the majority of the market from '18+. Longer term stock price appreciation could be driven by Feraheme label expansion, CBR durability, Business Development, and Rekynda keep us positive." (2/2/2017)
Who are some of AMAG Pharmaceuticals' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to AMAG Pharmaceuticals include Lannett Co (LCI), Amphastar Pharmaceuticals (AMPH), SciClone Pharmaceuticals (SCLN), Corium International (CORI), Collegium Pharmaceutical (COLL), Teligent (TLGT), Aceto Corporation (ACET), Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals (TTPH), Aquinox Pharmaceuticals (AQXP), Neos Therapeutics (NEOS), Allergy Therapeutics plc (AGY), Marinus Pharmaceuticals (MRNS), Adamis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (ADMP), BioDelivery Sciences International (BDSI), Female Health Company (The) (VERU), Aralez Pharmaceuticals (ARLZ), BioLife Solutions (BLFS) and Diurnal Group PLC (DNL).
Who are AMAG Pharmaceuticals' key executives?
AMAG Pharmaceuticals' management team includes the folowing people:
- Gino Santini, Independent Chairman of the Board
- William K. Heiden, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Edward Myles CPA, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President - Finance, Treasurer
- Nathan McBride, Senior Vice President - Innovation Architects, Chief Information Officer
- Joseph D. Vittiglio, Senior Vice President - Legal Affairs, Technical Operations and Quality, General Counsel, Secretary
- Tony Casciano, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing - Hematology and Oncology business
- Paul Williams, Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing, Women’s Health
- Elizabeth Bolgiano, Senior Vice President of Human Resources
- Julie Krop M.D., Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President - Clinical Development and Regulatory Affairs
- Scott T. McMillan Ph.D., Senior Vice President - Quality and Technical Operations
Who owns AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock?
AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V. (1.85%) and Exane Derivatives (0.04%). Company insiders that own AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock include John A Fallon, Joseph Vittiglio and Julie Krop. View Institutional Ownership Trends for AMAG Pharmaceuticals.
Who sold AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock? Who is selling AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock?
AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Exane Derivatives. Company insiders that have sold AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock in the last year include Joseph Vittiglio and Julie Krop. View Insider Buying and Selling for AMAG Pharmaceuticals.
Who bought AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock? Who is buying AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock?
How do I buy AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock?
Shares of AMAG Pharmaceuticals can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ AMAG)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about AMAG Pharmaceuticals and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock can currently be purchased for approximately $15.60.
Consensus Ratings for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 10 Hold Ratings, 3 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.14)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$27.42 (75.75% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG)
Analysts' Ratings History for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/23/2017||Janney Montgomery Scott||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|10/23/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||$18.00||N/A|
|9/28/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$21.00||High|
|9/8/2017||Morgan Stanley||Initiated Coverage||Overweight -> Overweight||$26.00||High|
|8/31/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$24.00||Low|
|8/10/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Hold||High|
|7/7/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Lower Price Target||Hold||$24.00||Low|
|6/1/2017||Barclays PLC||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||$25.00 -> $20.00||Low|
|5/3/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$40.00 -> $34.00||High|
|2/2/2017||Guggenheim||Lower Price Target||Buy||$42.00 -> $28.00||N/A|
|1/31/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Set Price Target||Hold||$24.00||N/A|
|1/11/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|1/10/2017||Leerink Swann||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||$39.00 -> $25.00||N/A|
|1/9/2017||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform -> Underperform||N/A|
|3/28/2016||Robert W. Baird||Lower Price Target||Outperform||$26.00 -> $25.00||N/A|
|3/28/2016||Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|1/28/2016||Northland Securities||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||$40.00||N/A|
Earnings History for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG)Earnings History by Quarter for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ AMAG)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/3/2017||Q2 2017||($0.58)||($0.40)||$158.83 million||$158.39 million||View||Listen|
|5/2/2017||Q1 2017||$0.09||($1.06)||$150.32 million||$139.47 million||View||Listen|
|2/14/2017||Q416||$0.24||($0.31)||$155.12 million||$151.60 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2016||Q316||$1.50||$1.78||$141.65 million||$143.80 million||View||Listen|
|8/9/2016||Q216||$1.20||$1.45||$128.52 million||$127.40 million||View||Listen|
|5/3/2016||Q116||$1.11||$0.94||$124.83 million||$117.60 million||View||Listen|
|2/17/2016||Q415||$1.16||$1.12||$120.13 million||$108.70 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2015||Q315||$1.21||($0.62)||$113.88 million||$103.50 million||View||Listen|
|7/23/2015||Q215||$0.75||$1.12||$94.05 million||$123.90 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2015||Q115||$1.04||$1.11||$84.66 million||$89.50 million||View||Listen|
|10/30/2014||Q314||($0.08)||$0.06||$26.30 million||$25.50 million||View||Listen|
|7/29/2014||Q214||($0.09)||($0.07)||$23.40 million||$24.80 million||View||Listen|
|4/24/2014||Q1||($0.07)||($0.33)||$22.73 million||$20.80 million||View||Listen|
|2/6/2014||Q4||($0.10)||($0.17)||$21.01 million||$21.70 million||View||Listen|
|10/17/2013||Q313||($0.12)||($0.01)||$20.37 million||$21.60 million||View||Listen|
|8/1/2013||Q2 2013||($0.17)||($0.09)||$18.51 million||$19.60 million||View||Listen|
|4/23/2013||Q1 2013||($0.20)||($0.18)||$17.99 million||$17.90 million||View||Listen|
|3/1/2013||Q4 2012||($0.06)||($0.17)||$22.54 million||$21.14 million||View||N/A|
|11/1/2012||Q312||($0.26)||($0.19)||$20.43 million||$17.70 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.26)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 3.80%Insider Trades by Quarter for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/29/2017||Joseph Vittiglio||SVP||Sell||1,250||$16.75||$20,937.50|| |
|7/13/2017||Julie Krop||SVP||Sell||4,938||$20.00||$98,760.00|| |
|5/1/2017||Julie Krop||SVP||Sell||1,891||$24.45||$46,234.95|| |
|10/20/2016||Julie Krop||SVP||Sell||4,938||$24.80||$122,462.40|| |
|11/10/2015||John A Fallon||Director||Buy||3,230||$31.20||$100,776.00|| |
|10/1/2015||William K Heiden||CEO||Sell||2,000||$39.69||$79,380.00|| |
|9/1/2015||William K Heiden||CEO||Sell||2,000||$61.19||$122,380.00|| |
|7/15/2015||William K Heiden||CEO||Sell||20,000||$75.00||$1,500,000.00|| |
|6/15/2015||Scott A Holmes||SVP||Sell||7,580||$66.63||$505,055.40|| |
|6/5/2015||William K Heiden||CEO||Sell||66,875||$69.90||$4,674,562.50|| |
|6/4/2015||Frank E Thomas||COO||Sell||20,000||$69.47||$1,389,400.00|| |
|6/3/2015||Scott A Holmes||SVP||Sell||22,516||$68.88||$1,550,902.08|| |
|1/9/2015||Adage Capital Partners Gp Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||1,250,000||$46.49||$58,112,500.00|| |
|1/9/2014||Christopher White||Insider||Sell||4,000||$22.37||$89,480.00|| |
|1/7/2014||Christopher White||Insider||Sell||5,000||$23.90||$119,500.00|| |
Headline Trends for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG)
Latest Headlines for AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AMAG)
Loading headlines, please wait.
AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017