About Aquinox Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AQXP)
Aquinox Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical stage pharmaceutical company, engages in developing novel therapeutics for chronic urological conditions by inflammation and pain. The company focuses on a library of novel compounds that activate SH2-containing inositol-5'-phosphatase 1 (SHIP1) to develop therapeutics for application in inflammation, inflammatory pain, and blood cancers. Its lead product candidate is Rosiptor (Leadership 301), a small molecule activator of SHIP1 that is in Phase III clinical trials for treatment in interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome. The company was formerly known as Aquinox Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc. and changed its name to Aquinox Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in January 2014. Aquinox Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Pharmaceutical preparations
Trailing P/E Ratio-7.45
Forward P/E Ratio-7.02
Sales & Book Value
Price / SalesN/A
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$4.21 per share
Price / Book3.73
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($2.14)
Return on Equity-53.37%
Return on Assets-49.03%
Aquinox Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AQXP) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
Aquinox Pharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AQXP."
How were Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' earnings last quarter?
Aquinox Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:AQXP) issued its earnings results on Tuesday, May, 8th. The company reported ($0.62) EPS for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.70) by $0.08. View Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' Earnings History.
When is Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for AQXP?
4 Wall Street analysts have issued twelve-month price objectives for Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' shares. Their predictions range from $22.00 to $28.00. On average, they expect Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' stock price to reach $25.25 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Aquinox Pharmaceuticals.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Aquinox Pharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Aquinox Pharmaceuticals stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Aquinox Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company. The Company discovers and develops oral drug candidates to treat inflammation and cancer. Aquinox Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. " (5/15/2018)
- 2. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Aquinox reported 1Q18 financial results today and we spoke with mgmt for an update. The rosiptor Phase 3 LEADERSHIP trial in Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/ Bladder Pain Syndrome (BPS) remains on track for top-line results in 3Q18, most likely in July. 12wk trial was completed in Feb 2018. We expect a positive outcome based on Phase 2 data. Mgmt plans to revisit Phase 3 design w/ FDA prior to initiation of a planned second Phase 3 trial, which we believe may begin around YE18. Patient screening in a Phase 2 trial of rosiptor in Chronic Prostatitis (CP/ CPPS) is underway. Reiterate BUY. We do not believe the stock adequately reflects value of rosiptor program in BPS/IC." (5/8/2018)
- 3. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "R&D day provided contemporary thoughts about IC/BPS and how rosiptor could address an unmet need. We attended an R&D day hosted by AQXP in NYC on Friday, Feb. 9 (presentation here). The company included Dr. Phillip Hanno (Clinical Prof, Stanford U.) on the program to provide a KOL viewpoint of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome (IC/BPS) and the treatment of it." (2/11/2018)
- 4. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We recently hosted a call with Dr. J. Quentin Clemens, chief of the Division of Neurourology and Pelvic Reconstruction, urology director for female pelvic medicine and professor of urology at the University of Michigan. While Dr. Clemens has not used AQXP’s rosiptor (AQX-1125), his discussion of IC/BPS provided us with more confidence in the design of the ongoing, pivotal Ph3 LEADERSHIP 301 assessing rosiptor in IC/BPS patients, which remains on track to complete enrollment in 1Q18 and for top-line data in 3Q18. We reiterate our BUY rating." (12/19/2017)
Who are some of Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Aquinox Pharmaceuticals include Mirati Therapeutics (MRTX), Radius Health (RDUS), Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX), Deciphera Pharmaceuticals (DCPH), Impax Laboratories (IPXL), IMMURON Ltd/S (IMRN), ImmunoGen (IMGN), Uniqure (QURE), Theravance Biopharma (TBPH), Apellis Pharmaceuticals (APLS), Zai Lab (ZLAB), Alder Biopharmaceuticals (ALDR), Athenex (ATNX), Revance Therapeutics (RVNC) and Retrophin (RTRX).
Who are Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' key executives?
Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. David J. Main, Co-Founder, Chairman, CEO & Pres (Age 53)
- Mr. Kamran Alam, CFO, VP of Fin. & Corp. Sec. (Age 44)
- Ms. Abigail L. Jenkins, Chief Commercial Officer and U.S. Bus. Head (Age 42)
- Mr. Lloyd Mackenzie, COO & VP of R&D Operations (Age 51)
- Ms. Shelley McCloskey, VP of HR & Admin. (Age 58)
Has Aquinox Pharmaceuticals been receiving favorable news coverage?
Media stories about AQXP stock have been trending positive this week, according to Accern. The research firm identifies negative and positive press coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Aquinox Pharmaceuticals earned a daily sentiment score of 0.34 on Accern's scale. They also gave media coverage about the company an impact score of 43.35 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company's share price in the next several days.
Who are Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' major shareholders?
Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Franklin Resources Inc. (5.72%), BlackRock Inc. (3.41%), Point72 Asset Management L.P. (1.06%), University of Notre Dame DU Lac (0.59%), DAFNA Capital Management LLC (0.46%) and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.31%). Company insiders that own Aquinox Pharmaceuticals stock include Bros Advisors Lp Baker, Daniel J Levitt, David Main and Lloyd Mackenzie. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Aquinox Pharmaceuticals.
Which institutional investors are selling Aquinox Pharmaceuticals stock?
AQXP stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., University of Notre Dame DU Lac, Point72 Asset Management L.P. and DAFNA Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold Aquinox Pharmaceuticals company stock in the last year include Daniel J Levitt and Lloyd Mackenzie. View Insider Buying and Selling for Aquinox Pharmaceuticals.
Which institutional investors are buying Aquinox Pharmaceuticals stock?
How do I buy shares of Aquinox Pharmaceuticals?
Shares of AQXP can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' stock price today?
One share of AQXP stock can currently be purchased for approximately $15.72.
How big of a company is Aquinox Pharmaceuticals?
Aquinox Pharmaceuticals has a market capitalization of $359.44 million. The company earns $-50,180,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($2.14) on an earnings per share basis. Aquinox Pharmaceuticals employs 51 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Aquinox Pharmaceuticals?
Aquinox Pharmaceuticals' mailing address is 450-887 GREAT NORTHERN WAY, VANCOUVER A1, V5T 4T5. The company can be reached via phone at 604-629-9223 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Aquinox Pharmaceuticals (AQXP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Aquinox Pharmaceuticals and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe AQXP will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe AQXP will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.