About Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT)
Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company focuses on the discovery and development of ribose nucleic acid (RNA)-targeted therapeutics for the treatment of rare neuromuscular diseases. It operates through discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering therapies to patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). It is focused on the development of its disease-modifying DMD drug candidates. It has received accelerated approval for its product, EXONDYS 51, indicated for the treatment of DMD in patients who have a confirmed mutation of the DMD gene that is amenable to exon 51 skipping. EXONDYS 51 is studied in clinical trials under the name of eteplirsen. Its next generation phosphorodiamidate morpholino oligomer (PMO)-based compounds are synthetic compounds that bind to complementary sequences of RNA by standard Watson-Crick nucleobase pairing. Its PMO-based chemistries are peptide conjugated PMO (PPMO), PMO-X and PMOplus.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Market Cap: $3.3414 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 64,332,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $47.54
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $37.86
- 52 Week Range: $26.26 - $52.67
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -31.29
- P/E Growth: 221.65
- Annual Revenue: $56.77 million
- Price / Sales: 58.86
- Book Value: $6.83 per share
- Price / Book: 7.60
- EBITDA: ($229,470,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -63.65%
- Return on Assets: -52.75%
- Current Ratio: 5.92%
- Quick Ratio: 5.29%
- Average Volume: 2.51 million shs.
- Beta: 1.08
- Short Ratio: 3.09
Frequently Asked Questions for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT)
What is Sarepta Therapeutics' stock symbol?
Sarepta Therapeutics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "SRPT."
How were Sarepta Therapeutics' earnings last quarter?
Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:SRPT) announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, July, 19th. The company reported ($1.35) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($1.19) by $0.16. During the same quarter last year, the business earned ($0.87) earnings per share. View Sarepta Therapeutics' Earnings History.
When will Sarepta Therapeutics make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Sarepta Therapeutics' stock going? Where will Sarepta Therapeutics' stock price be in 2017?
20 equities research analysts have issued 1 year target prices for Sarepta Therapeutics' stock. Their forecasts range from $27.00 to $101.00. On average, they anticipate Sarepta Therapeutics' stock price to reach $65.79 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Sarepta Therapeutics.
What are analysts saying about Sarepta Therapeutics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Sarepta Therapeutics stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Sarepta reported encouraging Q2 results, beating estimates on both counts. The company also raised its revenue guidance for 2017. Sarepta received a huge boost with the FDA approval of Exondys 51, the first DMD treatment to gain approval in the U.S. Also, a marketing application is under review in the EU, which, if approved, should augment sales. Moreover, the company’s collaboration agreements with Summit Pharmaceuticals and Catabasis as well as its own follow-on exon-skipping pipeline candidates represent the most comprehensive approach to treat DMD. Meanwhile, the settlement of the patent litigation with BioMarin removes a major overhang for Sarepta. However, Exondys 51’s commercial launch has been slower than expected due to slow patient starts and reimbursement hurdles. Nonetheless, Sarepta expects a pickup in patient starts and conversion rates as 2017 progresses. Meanwhile, the competitive RNA-based treatment market is a threat." (8/2/2017)
- 2. Cowen and Company analysts commented, "SRPT reported 1Q17 results, including a slight Exondys 51 beat and raise; we see." (4/28/2017)
- 3. Instinet analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage on Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) with a Buy rating and $84 target price. We recommend owning SRPT shares, expecting significant upside to materialize as Exondys 51 launch metrics begin to reflect an underestimated demand for the treatment and the ultimate patient numbers/market opportunity. We expect additional upside to be realized following EU approval of Exondys 51, which will help bolster perception of the drug's benefit and to define the EU opportunity, currently not reflected in shares." (3/1/2017)
- 4. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "As previously reported, Sarepta earned $5.4M in 4Q16 Exondys revenue. The company gave 1Q and FY17 guidance for Exondys sales of $13-15M and >$80M, respectively. While the 1Q guidance number is relatively in line with our ($17M) and the Street's estimates, the low end of FY17 guidance is significantly below expectations and implies no acceleration in new patient starts through the back part of 2017. This sales guidance contrasts with management's qualitative commentary about accelerating conversion rates and we believe is explained by conservatism in an uncertain and dynamic reimbursement environment. We continue to expect that the majority of the 1,400+ eligible DMD boys in the US will ultimately be on therapy by implying a ~$400M Exondys US sales run rate." (3/1/2017)
- 5. Royal Bank Of Canada analysts commented, "Sarepta provided sales guidance for EXONDYS 51 on tonight's call, which clearly disappointed investors (SRPT -15%AH). We didn't hear anything on the call to justify this level of selling: while FY17 guidance appears soft to us (>$80M) and doesn't exude confidence, guidance for 1Q17 ($13-$15 vs. $5.4M in 4Q16) and management's language about conversion rate acceleration, makes us view the >$80M guidance as beatable." (3/1/2017)
Are investors shorting Sarepta Therapeutics?
Sarepta Therapeutics saw a decrease in short interest in September. As of September 29th, there was short interest totalling 9,078,497 shares, a decrease of 25.7% from the September 15th total of 12,215,876 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 2,469,386 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 3.7 days. Approximately 15.1% of the shares of the stock are short sold.
Who are some of Sarepta Therapeutics' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Sarepta Therapeutics include BIOVERATIV INC (BIVV), bluebird bio (BLUE), TESARO (TSRO), Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX), Juno Therapeutics (JUNO), Clovis Oncology (CLVS), BeiGene (BGNE), Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO), AveXis (AVXS), Spark Therapeutics (ONCE), GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (GWPH), Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO), Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI), Loxo Oncology (LOXO), Prothena Corporation PLC (PRTA), Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE), China Biologic Products (CBPO) and Array BioPharma (ARRY).
Who are Sarepta Therapeutics' key executives?
Sarepta Therapeutics' management team includes the folowing people:
- Douglas S. Ingram, President, Chief Executive Officer
- Sandesh Mahatme, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Business Officer
- David Tyronne Howton Jr., Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
- Alexander Cumbo, Senior Vice President, Global Commercial Development
- Shamim Ruff, Senior Vice President - Regulatory Affairs and Quality
- Catherine Stehman-Breen M.D., Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer
- Richard J. Barry, Independent Director
- M. Kathleen Behrens Ph.D., Independent Director
- Claude Nicaise M.D., Independent Director
- Hans Wigzell M.D., Ph.D., Independent Director
Who owns Sarepta Therapeutics stock?
Sarepta Therapeutics' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Fisher Asset Management LLC (0.07%) and Sit Investment Associates Inc. (0.05%). Company insiders that own Sarepta Therapeutics stock include Alexander Cumbo, David T Howton, Douglas S Ingram, Edward M Md Kaye, Jayant Aphale, M Kathleen Behrens, Sandesh Mahatme and Shamim Ruff. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Sarepta Therapeutics.
Who bought Sarepta Therapeutics stock? Who is buying Sarepta Therapeutics stock?
Sarepta Therapeutics' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Fisher Asset Management LLC and Sit Investment Associates Inc.. Company insiders that have bought Sarepta Therapeutics stock in the last two years include Douglas S Ingram and M Kathleen Behrens. View Insider Buying and Selling for Sarepta Therapeutics.
How do I buy Sarepta Therapeutics stock?
Shares of Sarepta Therapeutics can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Sarepta Therapeutics' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ SRPT)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Sarepta Therapeutics and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Sarepta Therapeutics stock can currently be purchased for approximately $51.94.
Consensus Ratings for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||4 Hold Ratings, 16 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.80)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$65.79 (26.66% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT)
Analysts' Ratings History for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/17/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$101.00||N/A|
|10/16/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$76.00||N/A|
|10/6/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Buy -> Buy||$71.00||N/A|
|10/3/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$64.00||Low|
|10/2/2017||William Blair||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||Low|
|10/2/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$81.00||Low|
|10/2/2017||Morgan Stanley||Upgrade||Equal Weight -> Overweight||$60.00||High|
|9/30/2017||Leerink Swann||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$66.00||High|
|9/25/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Hold||Low|
|9/14/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$69.00||Medium|
|9/7/2017||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$56.00||High|
|9/7/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$50.00 -> $55.00||High|
|9/6/2017||Barclays PLC||Initiated Coverage||Equal Weight||$46.00||Medium|
|9/6/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$75.00||Low|
|7/24/2017||Janney Montgomery Scott||Boost Price Target||Buy -> Fair Value||$65.00 -> $73.00||High|
|4/6/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$27.00||Medium|
|3/1/2017||JMP Securities||Lower Price Target||$48.00||N/A|
|9/20/2016||WBB Securities||Reiterated Rating||Strong-Buy||$40.00 -> $60.00||N/A|
|5/5/2016||Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services||Downgrade||Market Perform -> Underperform||$13.00 -> $5.00||N/A|
|11/8/2015||Roth Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$50.00||N/A|
|10/23/2015||Bank of America Corporation||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$49.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT)Earnings History by Quarter for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ SRPT)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/19/2017||Q2 2017||($0.92)||($0.46)||$22.52 million||$35.01 million||View||N/A|
|4/27/2017||Q1 2017||($0.85)||($0.73)||$13.80 million||$16.34 million||View||N/A|
|2/28/2017||Q416||($1.33)||($0.71)||$4.86 million||$5.42 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q215||($1.21)||($1.01)||$0.31 million||$0.01 million||View||Listen|
|2/26/2015||Q414||($0.82)||($0.94)||$1.56 million||$0.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/6/2014||Q314||($0.96)||($0.70)||$3.07 million||$1.10 million||View||Listen|
|8/7/2014||Q214||($0.76)||($0.85)||$4.30 million||$2.58 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2014||Q114||($0.80)||($0.75)||$3.45 million||$6.09 million||View||Listen|
|2/27/2014||Q413||($0.69)||($0.77)||$4.53 million||$2.60 million||View||Listen|
|11/12/2013||Q313||($0.65)||($0.63)||$4.57 million||$4.20 million||View||Listen|
|8/8/2013||Q2 2013||($0.67)||($0.46)||$5.08 million||$3.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2013||Q1 2013||($0.62)||($0.41)||$5.85 million||$4.50 million||View||Listen|
|3/7/2013||Q4 2012||($0.26)||($2.36)||$6.71 million||$7.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2012||($0.27)||($2.17)||$10.06 million||$7.57 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($2.70)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 9.60%Insider Trades by Quarter for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 65.41%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/3/2017||Shamim Ruff||SVP||Sell||11,500||$50.00||$575,000.00|| |
|7/27/2017||Douglas S Ingram||CEO||Buy||47,058||$42.50||$1,999,965.00|| |
|7/21/2017||Shamim Ruff||SVP||Sell||12,138||$42.97||$521,569.86|| |
|7/20/2017||Alexander Cumbo||SVP||Sell||5,918||$41.00||$242,638.00|| |
|7/20/2017||Edward M Md Kaye||Director||Sell||10,000||$41.00||$410,000.00|| |
|7/20/2017||Sandesh Mahatme||CFO||Sell||50,000||$41.00||$2,050,000.00|| |
|10/17/2016||Sandesh Mahatme||Insider||Sell||30,000||$50.08||$1,502,400.00|| |
|9/22/2016||David T Howton||SVP||Sell||7,000||$60.00||$420,000.00|| |
|9/22/2016||Edward M Md Kaye||CEO||Sell||40,179||$60.00||$2,410,740.00|| |
|9/19/2016||David T Howton||SVP||Sell||9,304||$50.00||$465,200.00|| |
|9/19/2016||Edward M Md Kaye||CEO||Sell||24,352||$50.00||$1,217,600.00|| |
|9/19/2016||Jayant Aphale||VP||Sell||35,000||$50.00||$1,750,000.00|| |
|9/14/2016||Edward M Md Kaye||CEO||Sell||24,557||$30.00||$736,710.00|| |
|3/16/2016||M Kathleen Behrens||Director||Buy||10,000||$14.54||$145,400.00|| |
|3/14/2016||M Kathleen Behrens||Director||Buy||65,000||$16.54||$1,075,100.00|| |
|11/14/2013||Anthony Chase||Director||Buy||10,000||$13.95||$139,500.00|| |
|9/16/2013||M Kathleen Behrens||Director||Buy||6,500||$37.04||$240,760.00|| |
|9/3/2013||John Hodgman||Director||Sell||5,556||$34.97||$194,293.32|| |
|8/22/2013||Anthony Chase||Director||Buy||3,500||$32.68||$114,380.00|| |
|8/20/2013||Sandesh Mahatme||CFO||Buy||5,000||$31.10||$155,500.00|| |
|6/14/2013||Anthony R Chase||Director||Buy||10,000||$38.50||$385,000.00|| |
|9/7/2012||M Kathleen Behrens||Director||Buy||17,500||$14.73||$257,775.00|| |
Headline Trends for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT)
Latest Headlines for Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017