About Waste Connections
Waste Connections Inc, formerly Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd, is a Canada-based waste management company. The Company provides waste collection, recycling and disposal services to commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers in over 10 states in the United States, and the District of Columbia, and in over six Canadian provinces. The Company operates through three segments: the East, the West and the North. The business segments are vertically integrated and their operations include the collection and disposal of waste and recyclable materials, transfer station operations, material recovery facilities, landfills and landfill gas to energy facilities. The Company offers various solutions for business, residential and public sector. The Company offers commercial, industrial and manufacturing, construction and demolition, and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) services, among others for business.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Business Services
- Industry: N/A
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: WCN
- Previous Close: $84.35
- 50 Day Moving Average: $80.81
- 200 Day Moving Average: $77.35
- 52-Week Range: $58.40 - $87.70
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 57.46
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 24.99
- P/E Growth: 2.24
- Market Cap: $15.16B
- Outstanding Shares: 174,856,000
- Beta: 0.26
- Net Margins: 5.77%
- Return on Equity: 8.53%
- Return on Assets: 3.97%
Companies Related to Waste Connections:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.66%
- Current Ratio: 1.14%
- Quick Ratio: 1.14%
What is Waste Connections' stock symbol?
Waste Connections trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "WCN."
How often does Waste Connections pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Waste Connections?
Waste Connections announced a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, February 21st. Investors of record on Tuesday, March 7th will be paid a dividend of $0.18 per share on Tuesday, March 21st. This represents a $0.72 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 0.83%. The ex-dividend date is Friday, March 3rd.
Where is Waste Connections' stock going? Where will Waste Connections' stock price be in 2017?
17 equities research analysts have issued 1 year target prices for Waste Connections' stock. Their predictions range from $30.00 to $93.00. On average, they expect Waste Connections' stock price to reach $80.73 in the next twelve months.
What are analysts saying about Waste Connections stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Waste Connections stock:
- Wedbush analysts commented, "We continue to view Waste Connections' (WCN) favorable franchise market structure as well as its focus on secondary markets as significant barriers to entry driving high cash flow conversion on an incremental ton of municipal solid waste. We look for WCN to benefit from core price-volume growth discipline and optimization of the Progressive Waste (Progressive) assets. We are comfortable with low-mid-single-digit top-line organic growth along with leading cash flow conversion as reasons for shares to remain a core holding in Small-Mid Cap growth portfolios. Furthermore, we remain confident in capital allocation decisions including further strategic acquisitions with net debt/EBITDA leverage ratio below 3.0x. 4Q revenue of $1.049 billion and AEBITDA of $325.4 million beat our estimates as top line exceeds internal budgets by ~3%. In part, revenue quality was better than management had feared while higher core price, volumes and recycling prices all beat our estimates' 2017 M&A environment should be favorable and WCN is likely to see additional transactions aggregating in excess of $125 million in revenue." (2/23/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Waste Connections has outperformed the industry in the last three months. The company has a positive earnings history, beating estimates thrice in the trailing four quarters, while earnings estimates have remained steady in the last month. With prime location of disposal sites within competitive markets and vertically integrated services, Waste Connections has optimal asset positioning to generate higher profitability. The merger of Waste Connections with Progressive Waste Solutions has arguably created an industry leader with enhanced scale and a stronger financial profile. The combined entity is expected to generate approximately $50 million in annualized SG&A cost savings within the first 12 months after closing. An experienced management team and a decentralized operating strategy remain positives. However, volatility in crude oil prices, stringent health and safety laws, seasonal factors and stiff competition remain headwinds." (2/14/2017)
Who owns Waste Connections stock?
Waste Connections' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Artisan Partners Limited Partnership (2.58%), FMR LLC (1.81%), Capital Guardian Trust Co. (0.91%), Fiera Capital Corp (0.87%), Guardian Capital LP (0.77%) and Frontier Capital Management Co. LLC (0.72%). Company insiders that own Waste Connections stock include Darrell W Chambliss, David Eddie, David M Hall, Eric Hansen, James Little, Matthew Stephen Black, Michael W Harlan, Patrick James Shea, Richard Keith Wojahn, Ronald J Mittelstaedt, Scott Irving Schreiber, Steven F Bouck, William J Razzouk and Worthing Jackman.
Who sold Waste Connections stock? Who is selling Waste Connections stock?
Waste Connections' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, FMR LLC, Fiera Capital Corp, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Two Sigma Investments LP, Artisan Partners Limited Partnership, Calamos Advisors LLC and Guardian Capital LP. Company insiders that have sold Waste Connections stock in the last year include Darrell W Chambliss, David Eddie, David M Hall, James Little, Patrick James Shea, Ronald J Mittelstaedt, Steven F Bouck, William J Razzouk and Worthing Jackman.
Who bought Waste Connections stock? Who is buying Waste Connections stock?
Waste Connections' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Russell Investments Group Ltd., Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Eventide Asset Management LLC, Talara Capital Management LLC, Marshall Wace LLP, Intact Investment Management Inc., Capital Guardian Trust Co. and AQR Capital Management LLC.
How do I buy Waste Connections stock?
Shares of Waste Connections can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Waste Connections stock cost?
One share of Waste Connections stock can currently be purchased for approximately $86.71.