Cara Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on developing and commercializing chemical entities designed to alleviate pain and pruritus by focusing on kappa opioid receptors. It is developing a class of product candidates that target the body's peripheral nervous system. The Company operates through the activities related to the discovery and development of therapeutics to treat serious medical conditions, including pain and pruritus. Its product candidate pipeline includes I.V. CR845 for acute pain; I.V. CR845 for uremic pruritus; Oral CR845 for acute and chronic pain, and CR701 for neuropathic and inflammatory pain. I.V. CR845 is an injectable version of peripheral kappa opioid receptor agonist, which is intended for the treatment of acute pain in an acute care setting. CR845 has exhibited anti-pruritic, or anti-itch, potency in standard preclinical models.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Market Cap: $543.19 million
- Outstanding Shares: 32,507,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $16.55
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $13.99
- 52 Week Range: $4.35 - $20.90
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -7.43
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $990,000.00
- Price / Sales: 548.68
- Book Value: $0.90 per share
- Price / Book: 18.57
- EBIDTA: ($68,880,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -50.62%
- Return on Assets: -46.58%
- Current Ratio: 11.29%
- Quick Ratio: 11.29%
- Average Volume: 2.08 million shs.
- Beta: 3.29
- Short Ratio: 33.42
Frequently Asked Questions for Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CARA)
What is Cara Therapeutics' stock symbol?
Cara Therapeutics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CARA."
How were Cara Therapeutics' earnings last quarter?
Cara Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:CARA) announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, May, 4th. The company reported ($0.81) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.73) by $0.08. The firm earned $0.91 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $0.11 million. The business's quarterly revenue was up 12900.0% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the business posted ($0.39) EPS. View Cara Therapeutics' Earnings History.
When will Cara Therapeutics make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Cara Therapeutics' stock going? Where will Cara Therapeutics' stock price be in 2017?
11 analysts have issued 12 month price objectives for Cara Therapeutics' stock. Their forecasts range from $22.00 to $35.00. On average, they expect Cara Therapeutics' stock price to reach $28.08 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Cara Therapeutics.
What are analysts saying about Cara Therapeutics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cara Therapeutics stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cara Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. The company is focused on developing and commercializing new chemical entities designed to alleviate pain. Cara Therapeutics, Inc. is based in Shelton, United States. " (5/10/2017)
- 2. HC Wainwright analysts commented, "CR845 as safe as placebo in respiratory safety Phase 1. Cara announced positive data this morning from a 15-patient Phase 1 trial in healthy volunteers designed to formally test for IV ‘845’s impact on respiratory drive, as respiratory depression remains one of the more severe, and potentially life-threatening, side effects of mu opioids, which ‘845 is not. The trial was a three-way crossover design utilizing the expected therapeutic dose of 1.0 ug/kg, as well as a 5.0 ug/kg supratherapeutic dose to test the upper bounds for safety. Patient respiratory drive was measured via end-tidal CO2 (ETCO2), oxygen saturation (SpO2), and respiratory rate, with primary endpoints focused on the former two. ETCO2 ranged from 36.1 to 37.8 mmHg prior to dosing, and remained well below the endpoint threshold of a 10mmHg sustained increase in ETCO2, with values of 38.1, 38.1, and 38.3 mmHg for the placebo, 1.0 ug/kg, and 5.0 ug/kg doses, respectively, one hour after administration. Both doses of ‘845 also hit on the SpO2 primary endpoint (needed to show SpO2 which did not consistently fall below 92%), with pre-treatment levels ranging from 98.3% to 98.9%, finishing an hour later at 97.8%, 98.2%, and 97.9% for the placebo,1.0 ug/kg, and 5.0 ug/kg doses, respectively. While these two primary endpoints only measured through an hour after treatment, no significant differences were seen on all three measures of respiratory drive throughout the entire 4-hour observation period of the study." (4/24/2017)
- 3. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "The Phase 1 safety trial of IV CR845 showed no significant differences in respiratory drive vs. placebo at super-therapeutic dosing levels." (4/24/2017)
- 4. Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "Today Cara reported positive results from Part A of its Phase II/III trial for IV CR845 in uremic pruritus (UP). In our view, these results are compelling in terms of impact on worst itching scores together with more global measures of quality of life within the context of an 8-week study, as well as safety/tolerability at the go-forward doses of 0.5mcg/kg and 1.0mcg/kg. We see the robust efficacy vs safety data from this Phase II as reducing clinical risk for a broader pivotal program planned to begin by YE17. And beyond the Phase III program, we see this dataset as potentially reducing regulatory and commercial risk, and enhancing value of this asset, in the longer-term. In advance of further clinical progress in UP, including an EOP2 and Phase III start yet in '17, as well as chronic pain and post-op pain updates during 2Q17, we reiterate OW on Cara." (3/28/2017)
- 5. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Cara announced positive results from Phase 2/3 trial of IV CR845 in Uremic Pruritus (Itch associated w/ Hemodialysis pts). Part A of trial met both primary endpt in itch reduction and secondary endpt in Skindex-10 quality of life. Effect size increased relative to placebo over time and we believe findings are clinically meaningful. Safety/ tolerability of lower two doses appears acceptable. End of Phase 2 mtg planned and mgmt guided for initiation 12wk Phase 3 trial (Part B) by YE17. A 2nd Phase 3 trial may be needed, subject to FDA. Cara also plans to initiate open-label 12mo Phase 3 trial in 3Q17." (3/28/2017)
Are investors shorting Cara Therapeutics?
Cara Therapeutics saw a increase in short interest during the month of April. As of April 13th, there was short interest totalling 5,942,697 shares, an increase of 19.8% from the March 31st total of 4,962,108 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 2,606,962 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 2.3 days.
Who are some of Cara Therapeutics' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cara Therapeutics include Coherus Biosciences (CHRS), Insys Therapeutics (INSY), Insmed Incorporated (INSM), Xencor (XNCR), Acceleron Pharma (XLRN), Forward Pharma A/S (FWP), Epizyme (EPZM), Aimmune Therapeutics (AIMT), Cellectis SA (CLLS), Immunomedics (IMMU), ZIOPHARM Oncology (ZIOP), Alder Biopharmaceuticals (ALDR), Five Prime Therapeutics (FPRX), Ascendis Pharma A/S (ASND), Albany Molecular Research (AMRI), Achaogen (AKAO), TG Therapeutics (TGTX) and Esperion Therapeutics (ESPR).
Who are Cara Therapeutics' key executives?
Cara Therapeutics' management team includes the folowing people:
- Derek T. Chalmers Ph.D., President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Josef C. Schoell CPA, Chief Financial Officer
- Frederique Menzaghi Ph.D., Vice President, Research & Development
- Joseph William Stauffer, Chief Medical Officer
- Harrison M. Bains Jr., Independent Director
- Jeffrey L. Ives Ph.D., Independent Director
- Dean Slagel, Independent Director
- Martin A. Vogelbaum, Independent Director
Who owns Cara Therapeutics stock?
Cara Therapeutics' stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include RHO Capital Partners Inc. (13.07%), Vanguard Group Inc. (3.46%), FMR LLC (3.44%), Chescapmanager LLC (3.27%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (1.27%) and Morgan Stanley (1.22%). Company insiders that own Cara Therapeutics stock include Derek T Chalmers, Frederique PhD Menzaghi, Josef Schoell, Michael E Lewis and Ventures Vi Lp Rho. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Cara Therapeutics.
Who sold Cara Therapeutics stock? Who is selling Cara Therapeutics stock?
Cara Therapeutics' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including C WorldWide Group Holding A S, Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, Ameriprise Financial Inc., Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Baldwin Brothers Inc. MA and EAM Investors LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cara Therapeutics.
Who bought Cara Therapeutics stock? Who is buying Cara Therapeutics stock?
Cara Therapeutics' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, RHO Capital Partners Inc., Jennison Associates LLC, UBS Asset Management Americas Inc., Morgan Stanley, Chescapmanager LLC, Vanguard Group Inc. and Monashee Investment Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought Cara Therapeutics stock in the last two years include Josef Schoell and Ventures Vi Lp Rho. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cara Therapeutics.
How do I buy Cara Therapeutics stock?
Shares of Cara Therapeutics can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Cara Therapeutics' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ CARA)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Cara Therapeutics and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Cara Therapeutics stock can currently be purchased for approximately $16.71.
Earnings History for Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CARA)Earnings History by Quarter for Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ CARA)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||($0.73)||($0.81)||$0.11 million||$0.91 million||View||Listen|
|8/4/2016||Q216||($0.42)||($0.48)||$0.13 million||$0.08 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2016||Q116||($0.40)||($0.39)||$0.03 million||$0.01 million||View||N/A|
|11/9/2015||Q315||($0.27)||($0.19)||$1.86 million||$2.40 million||View||N/A|
|8/10/2015||Q215||($0.24)||($0.25)||$0.50 million||$0.87 million||View||Listen|
|5/12/2015||Q415||($0.22)||($0.21)||$0.70 million||$0.50 million||View||Listen|
|3/26/2015||Q4||($0.28)||($0.18)||$1.00 million||$0.91 million||View||Listen|
|11/10/2014||Q314||($0.22)||($0.29)||$0.13 million||$1.13 million||View||N/A|
|8/7/2014||Q2||($0.27)||($0.16)||$0.08 million||$0.96 million||View||N/A|
|5/12/2014||Q1||($0.14)||($0.22)||$0.30 million||$0.18 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CARA)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-2.37 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-2.25 EPS
Dividend History for Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CARA)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CARA)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 7.70%Insider Trades by Quarter for Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CARA)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 43.29%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/31/2017||Ventures Vi Lp Rho||Major Shareholder||Buy||500,000||$18.19||$9,095,000.00|| |
|4/20/2016||Frederique Ph.D. Menzaghi||VP||Sell||6,000||$9.00||$54,000.00|| |
|3/17/2016||Ventures Vi Lp Rho||Major Shareholder||Buy||400,000||$4.87||$1,948,000.00|| |
|2/3/2016||Frederique Ph.D. Menzaghi||VP||Sell||6,000||$9.04||$54,240.00|| |
|1/26/2016||Michael E Lewis||Insider||Sell||7,262||$10.93||$79,373.66|| |
|1/6/2016||Derek T Chalmers||CEO||Sell||12,500||$17.22||$215,250.00|| |
|12/1/2015||Frederique Ph.D. Menzaghi||VP||Sell||6,000||$16.21||$97,260.00|| |
|11/2/2015||Frederique Ph.D. Menzaghi||VP||Sell||6,000||$14.26||$85,560.00|| |
|10/1/2015||Frederique Ph.D. Menzaghi||VP||Sell||6,000||$13.95||$83,700.00|| |
|9/1/2015||Frederique Ph.D. Menzaghi||VP||Sell||7,000||$18.63||$130,410.00|| |
|8/18/2015||Josef Schoell||CFO||Buy||3,000||$22.10||$66,300.00|| |
|6/1/2015||Michael E Lewis||Insider||Sell||7,262||$9.50||$68,989.00|| |
|5/19/2015||Dean Slagel||Director||Sell||188,811||$10.02||$1,891,886.22|| |
|4/1/2015||Michael E Lewis||Insider||Sell||7,262||$9.90||$71,893.80|| |
|3/2/2015||Michael E Lewis||Insider||Sell||7,262||$10.11||$73,418.82|| |
|2/2/2015||Michael E Lewis||Insider||Sell||7,262||$10.60||$76,977.20|| |
|2/5/2014||Ventures Vi Lp Rho||Major Shareholder||Buy||225,818||$11.00||$2,483,998.00|| |
Headline Trends for Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CARA)
Latest Headlines for Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CARA)
|Cara Therapeutics Inc (CARA) Receives Average Rating of "Buy" from Brokerages|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 29 at 9:53 AM
|CARA Therapeutics, Inc. breached its 50 day moving average in a Bearish Manner : CARA-US : May 26, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - May 27 at 4:31 PM
|Foot Locker, Cara Therapeutics, National Grid, TripAdvisor: 'Mad Money' Lightning Round - TheStreet.com|
www.thestreet.com - May 25 at 5:31 PM
|Harry Boxer: Four stocks locked in a strong uptrend|
finance.yahoo.com - May 23 at 4:09 PM
|ETFs with exposure to CARA Therapeutics, Inc. : May 22, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - May 22 at 4:03 PM
|Cara Therapeutics Inc (CARA) Receives "Overweight" Rating from Cantor Fitzgerald|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 20 at 9:00 AM
|Cara Therapeutics to Present at the 17th Annual Conference on Pain Therapeutics - GlobeNewswire (press release)|
globenewswire.com - May 19 at 9:05 PM
|The Best- and Worst-Performing Marijuana Stocks Last Week|
finance.yahoo.com - May 18 at 11:25 AM
|Cara Therapeutics Inc (CARA) Given "Buy" Rating at Canaccord Genuity|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 17 at 9:08 PM
|Cara Therapeutics to Present at the 17th Annual Conference on Pain Therapeutics|
finance.yahoo.com - May 17 at 11:48 AM
|Cara Therapeutics: A Look At The Next Catalyst - Osteoarthritis - Seeking Alpha|
seekingalpha.com - May 16 at 4:11 PM
|Cara Therapeutics: A Tool To Fight The Opioid Epidemic?|
seekingalpha.com - May 16 at 11:18 AM
|CARA Therapeutics, Inc. breached its 50 day moving average in a Bullish Manner : CARA-US : May 15, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - May 15 at 11:28 AM
|Why You're Smart to Buy Cara Therapeutics Stock - Motley Fool|
www.fool.com - May 14 at 4:15 PM
|Cara Therapeutics to Host KOL Meeting on Chronic Kidney Disease-Associated Pruritus on May 16, 2017 - GlobeNewswire (press release)|
globenewswire.com - May 12 at 4:42 PM
|Why You're Smart to Buy Cara Therapeutics Stock|
finance.yahoo.com - May 12 at 4:42 PM
|Cara Therapeutics to Host KOL Meeting on Chronic Kidney Disease-Associated Pruritus on May 16, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - May 12 at 4:42 PM
|FY2017 Earnings Estimate for Cara Therapeutics Inc Issued By Cantor Fitzgerald (CARA)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 12 at 1:18 PM
|Cara Therapeutics Inc (CARA) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Cantor Fitzgerald|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 12 at 10:30 AM
|ETFs with exposure to CARA Therapeutics, Inc. : May 11, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - May 11 at 4:45 PM
|Zacks Investment Research Upgrades Cara Therapeutics Inc (CARA) to Hold|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 10 at 5:22 PM
|CARA Therapeutics, Inc. :CARA-US: Earnings Analysis: Q1, 2017 By the Numbers : May 9, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - May 9 at 4:09 PM
|Why Did Cara Therapeutics Shares Tumble 13.6% in April?|
finance.yahoo.com - May 6 at 4:29 PM
|Cara Therapeutics Inc (CARA) Releases Earnings Results, Misses Expectations By $0.08 EPS|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 5 at 5:44 PM
|BRIEF-Cara Therapeutics Q1 loss per share $0.81|
www.reuters.com - May 4 at 9:19 PM
|Cara reports 1Q loss|
marketbeat.com - May 4 at 4:24 PM
|Cara Therapeutics Reports First Quarter 2017 Financial Results - Nasdaq|
www.nasdaq.com - May 4 at 4:17 PM
|Investor Network: Cara Therapeutics Inc to Host Earnings Call|
finance.yahoo.com - May 4 at 4:17 PM
|Cara Therapeutics Reports First Quarter 2017 Financial Results|
finance.yahoo.com - May 4 at 4:17 PM
|Cara Therapeutics (CARA) Getting Favorable Press Coverage, Study Finds|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 4 at 2:48 PM
|Cara Therapeutics Inc (CARA) Receives Average Recommendation of "Buy" from Analysts|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 2 at 12:38 PM
|Cara Therapeutics (CARA) Getting Somewhat Favorable Press Coverage, Analysis Shows|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 1 at 2:44 PM
|Short Interest in Cara Therapeutics Inc (CARA) Expands By 19.8%|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 30 at 4:18 PM
|Cara Therapeutics to Announce First Quarter 2017 Financial Results on May 4, 2017 - GlobeNewswire (press release)|
globenewswire.com - April 29 at 4:45 PM
|Cara Therapeutics Inc (CARA) Given "Market Perform" Rating at Raymond James Financial, Inc.|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 28 at 11:24 PM
|Somewhat Favorable Press Coverage Somewhat Likely to Affect Cara Therapeutics (CARA) Share Price|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 27 at 8:12 PM
|Cara Therapeutics Announces Positive Data From Quantitative Phase 1 Trial Measuring Respiratory Safety of I.V. CR845 - Yahoo Finance|
finance.yahoo.com - April 26 at 2:59 PM
|Cramer's lightning round: Nobody ever made money betting against this CEO|
www.cnbc.com - April 25 at 12:22 PM
|Somewhat Favorable News Coverage Somewhat Likely to Affect Cara Therapeutics (CARA) Share Price|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 24 at 8:08 PM
|Cara Therapeutics Inc (CARA) Receives "Buy" Rating from HC Wainwright|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 24 at 6:40 PM
|Global Medical Marijuana Market 2014-2017 & 2025 - Analysis of Chronic Pain, Arthritis, Migraine & Cancer Markets - Research and Markets|
www.bizjournals.com - April 24 at 4:05 PM
|Cara Therapeutics (CARA) Reports Positive Quantitative Phase 1 Trial Data Measuring Respiratory Safety of I.V. CR845|
www.streetinsider.com - April 24 at 4:05 PM
|Cantor Fitzgerald Reaffirms Buy Rating for Cara Therapeutics Inc (CARA)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 24 at 12:22 PM
|BRIEF-Cara Therapeutics announces positive data|
www.reuters.com - April 24 at 9:49 AM
|Cara Therapeutics (CARA) Getting Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 21 at 2:02 PM
|Today's Research Reports on Biotech Stocks to Watch: Cara Therapeutics and Incyte - Yahoo Finance|
finance.yahoo.com - April 19 at 6:14 PM
|Is Cara Therapeutics About to Change How We Treat Pain? - Motley Fool|
www.fool.com - April 19 at 6:14 PM
|Favorable News Coverage Somewhat Likely to Affect Cara Therapeutics (CARA) Stock Price|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 18 at 1:37 PM
|Traders Buy Large Volume of Call Options on Cara Therapeutics (CARA)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 17 at 2:02 PM
|Cara Therapeutics (CARA) Earning Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Analysis Shows|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 14 at 7:57 PM
Cara Therapeutics (CARA) Chart for Monday, May, 29, 2017