About Advanced Micro Devices
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company. The Company is engaged in offering x86 microprocessors, as a standalone central processing unit (CPU) or as incorporated into an accelerated processing unit (APU), chipsets, and discrete graphics processing units (GPUs) for the consumer, commercial and professional graphics markets, and server and embedded CPUs, GPUs and APUs, and semi-custom System-on-Chip (SoC) products and technology for game consoles. It operates in two segments: the Computing and Graphics segment, which includes desktop and notebook processors and chipsets, discrete GPUs and professional graphics, and the Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom segment, which includes server and embedded processors, dense servers, semi-custom SoC products, engineering services and royalties. Its desktop PC product brands for microprocessors are AMD A-Series, AMD E-Series, AMD FX CPU, AMD Athlon CPU and APU.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductor - Broad Line
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: AMD
- Previous Close: $14.32
- 50 Day Moving Average: $11.94
- 200 Day Moving Average: $8.88
- 52-Week Range: $2.03 - $14.50
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 48.69
- P/E Growth: -2.08
- Market Cap: $13.15B
- Outstanding Shares: 931,000,000
- Beta: 2.47
- Net Margins: -11.63%
- Return on Assets: -6.14%
Companies Related to Advanced Micro Devices:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 3.45%
- Current Ratio: 1.88%
- Quick Ratio: 1.32%
What is Advanced Micro Devices' stock symbol?
Advanced Micro Devices trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AMD."
Where is Advanced Micro Devices' stock going? Where will Advanced Micro Devices' stock price be in 2017?
27 brokerages have issued 12 month target prices for Advanced Micro Devices' stock. Their forecasts range from $2.00 to $16.50. On average, they expect Advanced Micro Devices' stock price to reach $9.14 in the next year.
When will Advanced Micro Devices announce their earnings?
Advanced Micro Devices is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 19th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Advanced Micro Devices stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Advanced Micro Devices stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "AMD reported mixed fourth-quarter 2016 results. Although the company reported loss in the quarter, the figure matched the Zacks Consensus Estimate. However, revenues beat the consensus mark. Strong GPU sales drove top-line growth in the quarter. Moreover, the company's improving position in key markets driven by the introduction of several APUs and GPUs is positive for the stock. We note that shares have also outperformed the broader market in the last one-year. However, increased costs related to product introductions are likely to impact the company’s near-term profitability. Additionally, increasing competition from the likes of NVDIA remains a concern. Nevertheless, we believe that increasing adoption of the company's products like Radeon and FirePro server GPUs will drive top-line growth going forward." (2/6/2017)
- Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "A remarkable turnaround in 2016 saw high-single digits revenue growth in both of the company's operatings segments, spending discipline and a significant improvement in the balance sheet."He added, "With a much more healthy overall company and stronger management team now well established in their roles, 2017 sets up as a critical year for the company with new product introductions across the PC, GPU and server segment that (if successful) should all yield materially higher gross margins versus today's offerings." (2/1/2017)
- Wells Fargo & Company analysts commented, "We are impressed with AMD's steady progress in driving renewed revenue growth, strengthening its product positioning and improving its balance sheet. AMD reported December quarter sales that were to the better end of its original guidance range, with the midpoint of March quarter sales guidance (up 18% year/year) being above consensus and our own estimates. The company reaffirmed its schedules for important new processor and graphics families in 2017, including its Zen server processor and its Vega graphics family, both expected in the June 2017 quarter. The company managed to keep gross cash and equivalents roughly flat at more than $1.2 billion while reducing debt by nearly $200 million in the quarter. Our 2017 EPS estimate improves to ($0.09) from a prior ($0.18) and we are introducing our 2018 GAAP EPS estimate of $0.00. We are increasing our valuation range to $11.00 - $13.00 from $8.00 -$10.00, based on approximately 2.11x - 2.49x our 2018 revenue estimate. We are reiterating our Outperform rating on AMD." (2/1/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "AMD's 4Q16 revenues of $1.11b were 310bps above consensus $1.07b, while the MarQ outlook for $984m was 210bps above consensus $964m. The results reinforce our view that 2016 marked the beginning of a turnaround for AMD. We expect Zen-based MPUs for desktop and servers to ramp in 1H17, coupled with Vega-based GPUs in 2Q17, to drive gross margin expansion through 2017. We continue to think consensus estimates are too low - Reiterate Buy." (2/1/2017)
Who owns Advanced Micro Devices stock?
Advanced Micro Devices' stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Renaissance Technologies LLC (1.24%), Marshall Wace LLP (0.68%), Two Sigma Investments LP (0.44%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.37%), AQR Capital Management LLC (0.35%) and Harvest Fund Management Co. Ltd (0.25%). Company insiders that own Advanced Micro Devices stock include Bruce L Claflin, Darla M Smith, Devinder Kumar, Forrest Eugene Norrod, Harry A Wolin, James Robert Anderson, Lisa T Su and Mark D Papermaster.
Who sold Advanced Micro Devices stock? Who is selling Advanced Micro Devices stock?
Advanced Micro Devices' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Credit Agricole S A, Marshall Wace LLP, Two Sigma Investments LP, Friess Associates LLC, AQR Capital Management LLC, Cavalry Management Group LLC, Fortaleza Asset Management Inc. and State Board of Administration of Florida Retirement System. Company insiders that have sold Advanced Micro Devices stock in the last year include Bruce L Claflin, Darla M Smith, Devinder Kumar, Forrest Eugene Norrod, Harry A Wolin, James Robert Anderson, Lisa T Su and Mark D Papermaster.
Who bought Advanced Micro Devices stock? Who is buying Advanced Micro Devices stock?
Advanced Micro Devices' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, Harvest Fund Management Co. Ltd, Sanoor Capital Management LP, Telemark Asset Management LLC, Nicholas Investment Partners LP, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Employees Retirement System of Texas and Caxton Associates LP.
How do I buy Advanced Micro Devices stock?
Shares of Advanced Micro Devices can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Advanced Micro Devices stock cost?
One share of Advanced Micro Devices stock can currently be purchased for approximately $14.12.