Endo International PLC, formerly Endo Health Solutions Inc. is a specialty healthcare solutions company focused on branded and generic pharmaceuticals, devices and services. The Company has a portfolio of branded pharmaceuticals that includes brands, such as Lidoderm, Opana ER, Voltaren Gel, Percocet, Frova, Supprelin LA, Vantas, Valstar and Fortesta Gel. The Company operates in three segments: Endo Pharmaceuticals, Qualitest and AMS. In June 2014, the Company's subsidiary, Endo Pharmaceuticals sold its pharmaceutical drug discovery platform to AsanaBioSciences, LLC. In June 2014, Asana BioSciences, LLC, an independent member of Amneal Alliance of Companies, acquired early-stage branded pharmaceutical discovery platform of Endo Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of Endo International plc. In June 2014, Trendlines Group acquired intellectual property developed within the framework of an R&D agreement with the Company. In July 2014, it acquired Grupo Farmaceutico Somar.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Drug Manufacturers - Other
- Sub-Industry: Pharmaceuticals
- Symbol: NASDAQ:ENDP
- CUSIP: 29264F20
- Web: www.endo.com
- Market Cap: $2.49 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 223,112,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $11.59
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $11.88
- 52 Week Range: $9.70 - $24.93
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 3.40
- P/E Growth: -0.23
- Annual Revenue: $4.08 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.61
- Book Value: $9.81 per share
- Price / Book: 1.14
- EBIDTA: $411.84 million
- Net Margins: -82.93%
- Return on Equity: 25.32%
- Return on Assets: 6.90%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 3.76%
- Current Ratio: 1.13%
- Quick Ratio: 0.87%
- Average Volume: 5.96 million shs.
- Beta: 0.62
- Short Ratio: 50.08
Frequently Asked Questions for Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP)
What is Endo International PLC's stock symbol?
Endo International PLC trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ENDP."
How were Endo International PLC's earnings last quarter?
Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP) released its earnings results on Tuesday, May, 9th. The company reported $1.23 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $1.10 by $0.13. The business earned $1.04 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.02 billion. Endo International PLC had a negative net margin of 82.93% and a positive return on equity of 25.32%. The company's revenue for the quarter was up 7.7% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $1.08 earnings per share. View Endo International PLC's Earnings History.
When will Endo International PLC make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Endo International PLC issued on next quarter's earnings?
Endo International PLC updated its FY17 earnings guidance on Tuesday, May, 9th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $3.45-3.75 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $3.61. The company issued revenue guidance of $3.45-3.60 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $3.54 billion.
Where is Endo International PLC's stock going? Where will Endo International PLC's stock price be in 2017?
19 brokerages have issued 1-year price targets for Endo International PLC's shares. Their forecasts range from $12.00 to $27.00. On average, they expect Endo International PLC's stock price to reach $16.94 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Endo International PLC.
What are analysts saying about Endo International PLC stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Endo International PLC stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "2017 will continue to be challenging for Endo as the generics base business and the legacy branded pain franchise are expected to decline further. Shares of Endo have significantly underperformed the Medical-Drugs industry in the past one year. The company’s Generic segment is also under pressure given the challenging competitive landscape and pricing pressures. With the company pulling off Opana ER from the market over growing concern of opioid abuse epidemic, the top-line will be further impacted. Also, the Branded segment continues to be under pressure due to additional competitive entrants as well as a continuous rise in the number of public policy and regulatory actions. Concerns relating to pricing are expected to remain a major overhang on the shares. However, Endo’s top line should continue to benefit from robust performance of Xiaflex and sterile injectables." (7/11/2017)
- 2. JMP Securities analysts commented, "The FDA panel voted 8 yes, 18 no, and 1 abstain on whether Opana ER's benefits outweigh the risk. The FDA was concerned that the new Opana ER formulation just shifts the abuse route from nasal to injections. We do not view Opana ER as a growth driver and it is only 4% of our 2017 revenue estimate while declining 13% y/y. Our $20 price target includes an equal blend of PEG ratio and EV/EBITDA analysis of 1.3x and 8.5x, respectively, on our 2017 estimates." (3/15/2017)
- 3. Royal Bank Of Canada analysts commented, "Yesterday's AdComs' vote of 18 to 8 (one abstain) on OPANA ER's benefits no longer outweighing its risks will push a decision on the product's fate back to FDA. Whether it is removed or sees added restrictions we think it is likely we will see some downward P&L pressure but it is also worth noting that the stock was -25% in Mar ahead of the anticipated panel." (3/15/2017)
- 4. Mizuho analysts commented, " We still like ENDP and its significant optionality, and we see upside to the stock for the following reasons: (1) Endo can likely sell Xiaflex for a healthy multiple with minimal EBITDA downside after cutting $30M in R&D expense for the planned cellulite trial and expenses tied to ~100 reps. (2) Endo may beat expectations following its conservative guide and/or longer than expected persistence of the Somar business, which is now also for sale. (3) Its high gross margin (55%) generic business with an attractive 117 ANDA pipeline, with 35 "first to files", is likely to attract consolidators in our view. (4) Its U.S.-based manufacturing plants contributed 95% of its production based on revenue, which may appeal to a potential buyer in the current political environment. We attribute remaining risk to a potential increase to the mesh liability accrual, but the company always has the option to litigate and delay. ENDP could therefore work in 2017 following an asset sale or takeover speculation. We reiterate our Buy rating and raise PT to $17 from $15 as we lower our WACC to 10% from 11% after mgmt. re-set expectations and the outlook." (3/3/2017)
- 5. Guggenheim analysts commented, "ENDP reported a 4Q16 beat and guided down for '17, which was expected given pricing pressure in generics. Lack of earnings visibility in '18 remains a concern. That said, we think patience will be rewarded and execution against its stated objectives will drive multiple expansion for ENDP's stock toward our $35 PT. Also, ENDP continues to be open to strategic alternatives if it cannot enhance shareholder value on its own. We think ENDP could simplify its business by selling its brand assets to pay down debt. In our view, ENDP is also an interesting generics asset (#4 player) in a consolidating industry." (2/28/2017)
Are investors shorting Endo International PLC?
Endo International PLC saw a decrease in short interest in the month of June. As of June 30th, there was short interest totalling 20,084,394 shares, a decrease of 11.0% from the June 15th total of 22,575,855 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 5,194,844 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 3.9 days. Currently, 10.1% of the shares of the company are sold short.
Who are some of Endo International PLC's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Endo International PLC include Masimo Corporation (MASI), Charles River Laboratories International (CRL), Taro Pharmaceutical Industries (TARO), Mallinckrodt PLC (MNK), PRA Health Sciences (PRAH), PAREXEL International Corporation (PRXL), Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc (HKMPF), Alere (ALR), Bio-Techne Corp (TECH), VWR Corporation (VWR), Acadia Healthcare Company (ACHC), Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX), Medidata Solutions (MDSO), Exact Sciences Corporation (EXAS), Akorn (AKRX), Clovis Oncology (CLVS), Patterson Companies (PDCO) and bluebird bio (BLUE).
Who owns Endo International PLC stock?
Endo International PLC's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include First Quadrant L P CA (0.92%), Acadian Asset Management LLC (0.50%), Diamond Hill Capital Management Inc. (0.22%), Russell Investments Group Ltd. (0.15%), American National Insurance Co. TX (0.06%) and Hartford Investment Management Co. (0.05%). Company insiders that own Endo International PLC stock include Arthur J Higgins, Matthew Joseph Maletta, Michael Hyatt, Nancy J Hutson, Paul Campanelli, Roger H Kimmel, Shane Cooke, Silva Rajiv De, Suketu Upadhyay, Susan Hall and William Spengler. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Endo International PLC.
Who sold Endo International PLC stock? Who is selling Endo International PLC stock?
Endo International PLC's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Acadian Asset Management LLC, First Quadrant L P CA, Oregon Public Employees Retirement Fund, Municipal Employees Retirement System of Michigan, Hartford Investment Management Co. and Aperio Group LLC. Company insiders that have sold Endo International PLC stock in the last year include Nancy J Hutson and Roger H Kimmel. View Insider Buying and Selling for Endo International PLC.
Who bought Endo International PLC stock? Who is buying Endo International PLC stock?
Endo International PLC's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Diamond Hill Capital Management Inc., Russell Investments Group Ltd., Nisa Investment Advisors LLC, James Investment Research Inc., Oakbrook Investments LLC, Capstone Asset Management Co. and Meeder Asset Management Inc.. Company insiders that have bought Endo International PLC stock in the last two years include Arthur J Higgins, Matthew Joseph Maletta, Paul Campanelli, Roger H Kimmel, Shane Cooke, Silva Rajiv De, Suketu Upadhyay, Susan Hall and William Spengler. View Insider Buying and Selling for Endo International PLC.
How do I buy Endo International PLC stock?
Shares of Endo International PLC can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Endo International PLC's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Endo International PLC (NASDAQ ENDP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Endo International PLC and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Endo International PLC stock can currently be purchased for approximately $11.16.
Consensus Ratings for Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||14 Hold Ratings, 5 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.26)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$16.94 (51.80% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP)
(Data available from 7/27/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/23/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Hold||High|
|7/16/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Set Price Target||Hold||$15.00||Medium|
|7/7/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Lower Price Target||Buy||$18.00 -> $15.00||Medium|
|6/16/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Initiated Coverage||Neutral -> Neutral||$12.00||Low|
|6/14/2017||William Blair||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||Low|
|6/9/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$22.00 -> $15.00||High|
|6/8/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Set Price Target||Hold||$14.00 -> $12.00||High|
|5/25/2017||Mizuho||Reiterated Rating||Buy -> Buy||$18.00 -> $19.00||Low|
|5/17/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$16.00||High|
|3/20/2017||Leerink Swann||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||Low|
|3/15/2017||JMP Securities||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$20.00||High|
|2/6/2017||Barclays PLC||Lower Price Target||Equal Weight||$22.00 -> $15.00||N/A|
|1/31/2017||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Upgrade||Neutral -> Positive||N/A|
|1/27/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Set Price Target||Hold||$12.00||N/A|
|1/20/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Downgrade||Overweight -> Neutral||$20.00||N/A|
|1/5/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$25.00 -> $20.00||N/A|
|9/29/2016||Northland Securities||Upgrade||Market Perform -> Outperform||$27.00||N/A|
|9/8/2016||Morgan Stanley||Set Price Target||Hold||$15.00 -> $16.00||N/A|
|6/6/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||$20.00||N/A|
|11/13/2015||Standpoint Research||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$75.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP)Earnings History by Quarter for Endo International PLC (NASDAQ ENDP)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/9/2017||Q1 17||$1.10||$1.23||$1.02 billion||$1.04 billion||View||Listen|
|2/28/2017||Q416||$1.63||$1.77||$1.17 billion||$1.24 billion||View||Listen|
|11/8/2016||Q316||$0.81||$1.01||$862.47 million||$894.30 million||View||Listen|
|8/8/2016||Q216||$0.74||$0.86||$873.50 million||$921.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2016||Q116||$1.04||$1.08||$960.96 million||$963.54 million||View||Listen|
|2/29/2016||Q415||$1.27||$1.36||$1.07 billion||$1.07 billion||View||Listen|
|11/5/2015||Q315||$1.00||$1.02||$736.16 million||$746.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/10/2015||Q215||$1.02||$1.08||$727.45 million||$735.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/11/2015||Q115||$1.07||$1.17||$714.42 million||$714.00 million||View||Listen|
|3/2/2015||Q414||$1.13||$1.16||$780.44 million||$800.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/5/2014||Q314||$0.99||$1.15||$721.11 million||$764.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/31/2014||Q214||$0.90||$1.06||$644.60 million||$719.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/1/2014||Q114||$0.84||$0.92||$608.86 million||$595.00 million||View||Listen|
|2/28/2014||Q413||$0.93||$0.96||$620.90 million||$584.95 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2013||Q313||$1.11||$1.34||$695.63 million||$715.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2013||Q2 2013||$1.15||$1.42||$721.01 million||$766.51 million||View||Listen|
|5/7/2013||Q1 2013||$1.08||$1.09||$737.79 million||$709.00 million||View||Listen|
|2/28/2013||Q4 2012||$1.54||$1.62||$807.98 million||$801.06 million||View||Listen|
|11/5/2012||Q312||$1.26||$1.28||$788.53 million||$750.50 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.38
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.50%Insider Trades by Quarter for Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 93.15%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/16/2017||Paul Campanelli||CEO||Buy||2,300||$10.72||$24,656.00|| |
|3/9/2017||Nancy J. Hutson||Director||Sell||5,325||$10.82||$57,616.50|| |
|11/15/2016||Roger H. Kimmel||Director||Sell||14,000||$17.38||$243,320.00|| |
|5/11/2016||Arthur J Higgins||Director||Buy||5,000||$13.80||$69,000.00|| |
|5/10/2016||Arthur J Higgins||Director||Buy||11,000||$15.42||$169,620.00|| |
|5/10/2016||Paul Campanelli||Insider||Buy||13,000||$15.53||$201,890.00|| |
|3/17/2016||William Spengler||Director||Buy||1,000||$29.20||$29,200.00|| |
|3/16/2016||William Spengler||Director||Buy||1,000||$35.24||$35,240.00|| |
|3/14/2016||Roger H Kimmel||Director||Buy||1,125||$41.94||$47,182.50|| |
|3/7/2016||Matthew Joseph Maletta||VP||Buy||500||$44.48||$22,240.00|| |
|3/7/2016||Silva Rajiv De||CEO||Buy||2,250||$44.50||$100,125.00|| |
|3/1/2016||Nancy J. Hutson||Director||Sell||3,413||$42.19||$143,994.47|| |
|11/12/2015||Shane Cooke||Director||Buy||4,000||$57.13||$228,520.00|| |
|11/11/2015||Michael Hyatt||Director||Sell||8,000||$55.48||$443,840.00|| |
|11/11/2015||Paul Campanelli||insider||Buy||2,100||$55.69||$116,949.00|| |
|11/11/2015||Silva Rajiv De||CEO||Buy||9,006||$55.52||$500,013.12|| |
|11/11/2015||Suketu Upadhyay||CFO||Buy||4,450||$56.37||$250,846.50|| |
|11/11/2015||Susan Hall||EVP||Buy||1,000||$55.35||$55,350.00|| |
|6/16/2015||Arthur J Higgins||Director||Buy||2,500||$81.10||$202,750.00|| |
|4/8/2015||Caroline B Manogue||VP||Sell||105,562||$91.90||$9,701,147.80|| |
|11/14/2014||Suketu Upadhyay||CFO||Buy||3,700||$66.94||$247,678.00|| |
|8/5/2014||Arthur J Higgins||Director||Buy||3,500||$65.65||$229,775.00|| |
|6/9/2014||John Delucca||Director||Sell||6,764||$68.83||$465,566.12|| |
|5/29/2014||Caroline B Manogue||VP||Sell||175,033||$72.02||$12,605,876.66|| |
|5/1/2014||John Delucca||Director||Sell||8,094||$66.31||$536,713.14|| |
|4/1/2014||John Delucca||Director||Sell||10,384||$68.46||$710,888.64|| |
|3/10/2014||Arthur Higgins||Director||Buy||5,000||$73.00||$365,000.00|| |
|3/10/2014||Ivan Gergel||EVP||Sell||75,637||$72.47||$5,481,413.39|| |
|8/26/2013||Caroline Manogue||VP||Sell||145,592||$39.40||$5,736,324.80|| |
|8/8/2013||Roger Kimmel||Director||Buy||5,478||$36.50||$199,947.00|| |
|4/9/2013||Caroline B Manogue||VP||Sell||35,000||$35.00||$1,225,000.00|| |
|11/12/2012||David Holveck||CEO||Buy||7,425||$26.84||$199,287.00|| |
Headline Trends for Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP)
Latest Headlines for Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP)
Endo International PLC (ENDP) Chart for Thursday, July, 27, 2017