EXFO Inc is a Canada-based company, which provides communications service providers (CSPs) and data center, cloud and Web-scale operators with field test, service assurance and analytics solutions to ensure the deployment, maintenance and management of physical, virtual, fixed and mobile networks. It focuses on network infrastructures: fourth generation (4G)/long-term evolution (LTE), wireless backhaul, small cells and distributed antenna systems (DAS), 100G network upgrades and fiber-to-the-home (FTTH)/fiber-to-the-curb (FTTC)/fiber-to-the-node (FTTN) deployments. It offers a range of wire line and wireless tests, service assurance and analytics solutions to the global telecommunications industry. Its products include TestFlow; LTB-8 platform; a family of optical time domain reflect meters (OTDRs); iSAM; MaxTester-940 Fiber Certifier optical loss test set (OLTS) for data center and enterprise markets, and the G.fast handheld test set.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Testing & Measuring Equipment
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:EXFO
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.exfo.com
- Market Cap: $235.23 million
- Outstanding Shares: 54,704,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $4.81
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $5.04
- 52 Week Range: $3.14 - $6.15
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 105.00
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 17.50
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $243.18 million
- Price / Sales: 0.94
- Book Value: $3.31 per share
- Price / Book: 1.27
- EBIDTA: $17.91 million
- Net Margins: 0.93%
- Return on Equity: 2.76%
- Return on Assets: 2.10%
- Current Ratio: 2.24%
- Quick Ratio: 1.65%
- Average Volume: 25,235 shs.
- Beta: 0.57
- Short Ratio: 0.53
Frequently Asked Questions for EXFO (NASDAQ:EXFO)
What is EXFO's stock symbol?
EXFO trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "EXFO."
How were EXFO's earnings last quarter?
EXFO Inc (NASDAQ:EXFO) released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, June, 29th. The company reported ($0.03) EPS for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $0.03 by $0.06. The firm had revenue of $58.50 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $61.61 million. EXFO had a return on equity of 2.76% and a net margin of 0.93%. The business's revenue for the quarter was down 3.8% on a year-over-year basis. View EXFO's Earnings History.
What guidance has EXFO issued on next quarter's earnings?
EXFO issued an update on its fourth quarter earnings guidance on Thursday, June, 29th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $0.00-$0.04 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $0.08. The company issued revenue guidance of $58-63, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $66.62 million.
Where is EXFO's stock going? Where will EXFO's stock price be in 2017?
5 brokers have issued 1-year target prices for EXFO's stock. Their predictions range from $5.25 to $6.00. On average, they anticipate EXFO's share price to reach $5.70 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for EXFO.
What are analysts saying about EXFO stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about EXFO stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "EXFO Inc. is a provider of next-generation test and service assurance solutions for wireless and wireline network operators and equipment manufacturers in the global telecommunications industry. The Company operates in two segments: Telecom Division, and the Life Sciences and Industrial Division. The Telecom Division offers a wide range of innovative solutions to assess optical networks, from the core to access, as well as next-generation IP infrastructures and related triple-play services. The Life Sciences and Industrial Division offers solutions in medical device and opto-electronics assembly, fluorescence microscopy and other life science sectors. EXFO Inc., formerly known as EXFO Electro-Optical Engineering Inc., is headquartered in Quebec, Canada. " (7/3/2017)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We continue to believe in EXFO’s differentiated position as a vendor of higher-margin, software-centric active service assurance technology on the protocol side, and are also more confident on a sustainable optical investment cycle driven by the need to build out backhaul and metro networks in preparation for 5G wireless, 4G densification and new pressures as IoT moves beyond the hype stage." (5/2/2017)
Who are some of EXFO's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to EXFO include Actua Corporation (ACTA), XO Group (XOXO), The KEYW Holding Corporation (KEYW), A10 Networks (ATEN), Stoneridge (SRI), Comtech Telecommunications Corp. (CMTL), Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited (AOSL), Daktronics (DAKT), Silicom Ltd (SILC), Bazaarvoice (BV), ShoreTel (SHOR), MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation (MX), Intelsat S.A. (I), NVE Corporation (NVEC), Model N (MODN), Park Electrochemical Corporation (PKE), Sonus Networks (SONS) and Cutera (CUTR).
Who are EXFO's key executives?
EXFO's management team includes the folowing people:
- Germain Lamonde, Executive Chairman of the Board
- Philippe Morin, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer
- Pierre Plamondon, Chief Financial Officer, Vice President - Finance
- Luc Gagnon, Vice President - Manufacturing Operations and Customer Service
- Jon Bradley, Vice President - Sales, EMEA
- Joseph Soo, Vice President - Sales, Asia-Pacific
- Dana Yearian, Vice President - Sales, Americas
- Etienne Gagnon, Vice President - Physical Layer and Wireless Division
- Claudio Mazzuca, Vice President - Transport and Service Assurance Division
- Sylvain Rouleau, Vice President - Human Capital
How do I buy EXFO stock?
Shares of EXFO can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is EXFO's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for EXFO (NASDAQ EXFO)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about EXFO and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of EXFO stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.20.
Consensus Ratings for EXFO (NASDAQ:EXFO) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||4 Hold Ratings, 1 Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.20)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$5.70 (35.71% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for EXFO (NASDAQ:EXFO)
(Data available from 7/28/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/1/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Set Price Target||Hold||$6.00||Low|
|7/1/2017||Northland Securities||Set Price Target||Buy||$6.00||Low|
|6/30/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Lower Price Target||Sector Perform||$5.50 -> $5.25||Low|
|5/2/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$5.75||Low|
|4/19/2017||National Bank Financial||Reiterated Rating||Sector Perform||$5.50||Low|
|3/30/2016||CIBC||Boost Price Target||$3.25 -> $3.50||N/A|
Earnings History for EXFO (NASDAQ:EXFO)Earnings History by Quarter for EXFO (NASDAQ EXFO)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|6/29/2017||5/31/2017||$0.03||($0.03)||$61.61 million||$58.50 million||View||N/A|
|3/29/2017||2/28/2017||$0.04||$0.04||$60.47 million||$60.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/10/2017||Q117||$0.04||$0.07||$59.64 million||$61.79 million||View||N/A|
|10/12/2016||Q416||$0.04||$0.05||$60.71 million||$62.86 million||View||Listen|
|6/29/2016||Q316||$0.06||$0.02||$60.87 million||$60.90 million||View||Listen|
|3/29/2016||Q216||$0.04||$0.07||$54.62 million||$53.60 million||View||Listen|
|1/6/2016||Q116||$0.04||$0.04||$57.81 million||$55.23 million||View||N/A|
|10/7/2015||Q415||$0.04||$0.07||$58.69 million||$56.59 million||View||N/A|
|6/23/2015||Q315||$0.02||$0.02||$58.86 million||$57.78 million||View||Listen|
|3/24/2015||Q215||$0.01||$0.04||$56.30 million||$50.99 million||View||N/A|
|1/7/2015||Q115||$0.02||$0.04||$60.48 million||$56.72 million||View||N/A|
|10/8/2014||Q4 14||$0.06||$0.04||$63.21 million||$59.74 million||View||N/A|
|6/25/2014||Q3 14||$0.04||$0.05||$61.25 million||$63.88 million||View||N/A|
|3/25/2014||Q214||($0.01)||($0.02)||$55.73 million||$51.20 million||View||N/A|
|1/8/2014||Q1||$0.03||($0.01)||$60.71 million||$56.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/8/2013||Q413||$0.05||$0.06||$60.94 million||$60.90 million||View||N/A|
|6/26/2013||Q313||$0.01||($0.01)||$59.01 million||$58.87 million||View||N/A|
|1/9/2013||Q113||$0.03||($0.03)||$62.44 million||$59.80 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for EXFO (NASDAQ:EXFO)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.10
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.26
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for EXFO (NASDAQ:EXFO)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for EXFO (NASDAQ:EXFO)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for EXFO (NASDAQ:EXFO)
Latest Headlines for EXFO (NASDAQ:EXFO)
EXFO (EXFO) Chart for Friday, July, 28, 2017