About FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD)
FTD Companies, Inc. (FTD) is a floral and gifting company. The Company operates through four segments: Consumer, Florist, International and Provide Commerce. Through its Consumer segment, FTD is a direct marketer of floral and gift products for consumers, primarily in the United States and Canada. Through its Florist segment, the Company is a provider of products and services to its floral network members, which include traditional retail florists and other non-florist retail locations, primarily in the United States and Canada. Its International segment consists of Interflora, which operates primarily in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Through its Provide Commerce segment, FTD is a direct marketer of floral and gift products, including specialty foods, personalized gifts and other gifting products for consumers, primarily in the United States. Its portfolio of brands includes ProFlowers, ProPlants, Flying Flowers, Flowers Direct, Ink Cards, Postagram, and Gifts.com.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Florists
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:FTD
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.ftdcompanies.com
- Market Cap: $320.07 million
- Outstanding Shares: 27,544,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $13.08
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $17.05
- 52 Week Range: $11.49 - $26.19
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 12.36
- P/E Growth: 2.20
- Annual Revenue: $1.1 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.29
- Book Value: $16.61 per share
- Price / Book: 0.70
- EBITDA: $93.66 million
- Net Margins: -7.07%
- Return on Equity: 7.78%
- Return on Assets: 3.75%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.53%
- Current Ratio: 0.90%
- Quick Ratio: 0.73%
- Average Volume: 158,274 shs.
- Beta: 0.64
- Short Ratio: 14.08
Frequently Asked Questions for FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD)
What is FTD Companies' stock symbol?
FTD Companies trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "FTD."
How were FTD Companies' earnings last quarter?
FTD Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ:FTD) released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, March, 14th. The company reported $0.49 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $0.06 by $0.43. The company earned $280.70 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $281.35 million. FTD Companies had a positive return on equity of 7.78% and a negative net margin of 7.07%. The firm's revenue was down 5.6% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the business posted ($2.90) earnings per share. View FTD Companies' Earnings History.
Where is FTD Companies' stock going? Where will FTD Companies' stock price be in 2017?
3 brokers have issued 1-year price targets for FTD Companies' stock. Their predictions range from $17.00 to $21.00. On average, they expect FTD Companies' share price to reach $19.00 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for FTD Companies.
What are analysts saying about FTD Companies stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about FTD Companies stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "FTD Companies, Inc. operates as a floral and gifting company. The Company provides floral, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations primarily in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., and the Republic of Ireland. Its portfolio of brands also includes Flying Flowers, Flowers Direct, and Drake Algar in the U.K. FTD Companies, Inc. is headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. " (10/10/2017)
- 2. B. Riley analysts commented, "FTD (FTD) reported 4Q16 sales and EBITDA slightly below consensus and our estimates and issued 2017 EBITDA margin guidance of 8.0%-8.5% (vs. 10.7% in 2016) on flat sales, which implies EBITDA of ~$90MM-$95MM, ~20%-25% below the previous $121MM consensus. Marketing investments need to increase significantly to re-ignite sales growth, and capex is projected +50% to $28MM, which mgt. considers a 'modest' level. We used to envision annual free cash flow of ~$80MM, but now we project $35MM in 2017E and $43MM in 2018E. Valentine's Day sales were up mid-single digits due to the Tuesday placement (with improved pricing YoY), but top-line growth could dissipate again after 1Q17'new CEO John Walden needs several months to evaluate the business. Mgt. is less pleased with what they are seeing in partnership-driven revenue than in company-website trends. We are lowering our 2017E/2018E EBITDA from $116MM/$128MM to $95MM/$106MM, but raising our target EV-to-EBITDA from 6x to 7x due to the outlook for low-single digit constant currency sales growth in 2017. We are lowering our PT from $21.00 to $20.00, based on 7x 2018E EBITDA of $106MM. We remain on the sidelines until we see a trend of improving top-line growth." (3/15/2017)
Who are some of FTD Companies' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to FTD Companies include Eros International PLC (EROS), Glu Mobile (GLUU), Duluth Holdings (DLTH), Hooker Furniture Corporation (HOFT), Golden Entertainment (GDEN), Rent-A-Center (RCII), Marine Products Corporation (MPX), Hemisphere Media Group (HMTV), GP Strategies Corporation (GPX), Essendant (ESND), Lindblad Expeditions Holdings (LIND), Entravision Communications Corporation (EVC), Care.com (CRCM), 500.com Limited (WBAI), Entercom Communications Corporation (ETM), MCBC Holdings (MCFT), Phoenix New Media Limited (FENG) and Bassett Furniture Industries, Incorporated (BSET).
Who are FTD Companies' key executives?
FTD Companies' management team includes the folowing people:
- John C. Walden, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Stephen Tucker, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Brian S. Cooper, Chief Financial Officer, Principal Financial Officer and Principal Accounting Officer
- Rhys J. Hughes, President - Interflora British Unit
- Anne G. Saunders, President - Consumer Division
- Simha Kumar, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President
- Scott D. Levin J.D., Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Michael F. Dorion, Executive Vice President - CRM and Quality
- Mark P. Monitello, Senior Vice President - Human Resources
- Tom D. Moeller, Executive Vice President - Florists Transworld Delivery, Inc
How do I buy FTD Companies stock?
Shares of FTD Companies can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is FTD Companies' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for FTD Companies (NASDAQ FTD)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about FTD Companies and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of FTD Companies stock can currently be purchased for approximately $11.62.
Consensus Ratings for FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Hold Ratings, 1 Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.33)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$19.00 (63.51% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD)
Analysts' Ratings History for FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|8/9/2017||DA Davidson||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$23.00 -> $17.00||High|
|3/15/2017||Sidoti||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||High|
|3/15/2017||B. Riley||Boost Price Target||Buy -> Buy||$20.00 -> $21.00||High|
|8/5/2016||Monness Crespi & Hardt||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|7/14/2016||Craig Hallum||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
Earnings History for FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD)Earnings History by Quarter for FTD Companies (NASDAQ FTD)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|3/14/2017||Q4 2016||$0.06||$0.49||$281.35 million||$280.70 million||View||N/A|
|11/7/2016||Q3||$0.06||($0.36)||$178.90 million||$173.20 million||View||Listen|
|8/4/2016||Q2||$0.88||$0.43||$351.50 million||$338.57 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2016||Q1||$0.53||$0.07||$329.93 million||$330.60 million||View||N/A|
|3/10/2016||Q4||$0.49||($2.90)||$299.54 million||$297.70 million||View||Listen|
|11/4/2015||Q315||$0.07||($0.57)||$183.52 million||$188.50 million||View||N/A|
|8/5/2015||Q215||$0.43||$0.79||$383.03 million||$365.81 million||View||N/A|
|5/7/2015||Q115||$0.39||$0.53||$356.00 million||$367.78 million||View||N/A|
|3/12/2015||Q414||$0.47||$0.47||$154.00 million||$157.50 million||View||N/A|
|11/12/2014||Q314||$0.14||$0.24||$124.70 million||$125.10 million||View||N/A|
|8/12/2014||Q214||$0.53||$0.51||$23.93 million||$168.00 million||View||N/A|
|3/5/2014||Q413||($0.16)||($0.13)||$155.00 million||$154.30 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.78 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.94 EPS
Dividend History for FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 5.60%Insider Trades by Quarter for FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 58.83%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|11/12/2015||Robert S. Apatoff||CEO||Buy||3,100||$23.90||$74,090.00|| |
|11/9/2015||Michael J. Silverstein||Director||Buy||1,000||$25.19||$25,190.00|| |
|8/17/2015||James T Armstrong||Director||Sell||2,834||$30.12||$85,360.08|| |
|12/2/2014||James T Armstrong||Director||Sell||2,000||$34.15||$68,300.00|| |
|11/17/2014||Scott D Levin||EVP||Sell||2,294||$35.79||$82,102.26|| |
|8/18/2014||Rhys J Hughes||Insider||Sell||9,308||$32.57||$303,161.56|| |
|2/18/2014||Lawrence B Plawsky||SVP||Sell||4,059||$30.60||$124,205.40|| |
Headline Trends for FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD)
Latest Headlines for FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD)
Loading headlines, please wait.
FTD Companies (FTD) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017