About Genocea Biosciences
Genocea Biosciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company discovers and develops vaccines and immunotherapies. It uses its discovery platform, AnTigen Lead Acquisition System (ATLAS), to design vaccines and immunotherapies that act, in part, through T cell (or cellular) immune responses. The Company operates through business of developing and commercializing vaccines segment. It has one product candidate in Phase II clinical development: GEN-003, which is a therapeutic vaccine or immunotherapy for the treatment of genital herpes infections. It has pre-clinical development programs, which include GEN-001, which is indicated for the treatment of chlamydia prophylaxis, and GEN-002, which indicated for the treatment of genital herpes prophylaxis both of which are in pre-clinical stage of development. The Company's pipeline also includes GEN-005, which is under malaria prophylaxis, Epstein-Barr virus and immuno-oncology programs in research stage of development.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: GNCA
- Previous Close: $4.60
- 50 Day Moving Average: $4.41
- 200 Day Moving Average: $4.53
- 52-Week Range: $3.28 - $8.07
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -2.44
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Market Cap: $130.55M
- Outstanding Shares: 28,380,000
- Beta: 2.33
- Return on Equity: -57.92%
- Return on Assets: -44.92%
Companies Related to Genocea Biosciences:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.25%
- Current Ratio: 10.79%
- Quick Ratio: 10.79%
What is Genocea Biosciences' stock symbol?
Genocea Biosciences trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GNCA."
Where is Genocea Biosciences' stock going? Where will Genocea Biosciences' stock price be in 2017?
5 analysts have issued 1 year target prices for Genocea Biosciences' stock. Their forecasts range from $12.00 to $40.00. On average, they expect Genocea Biosciences' share price to reach $19.40 in the next year.
When will Genocea Biosciences announce their earnings?
Genocea Biosciences is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, May, 3rd 2017.
What are analysts saying about Genocea Biosciences stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Genocea Biosciences stock:
- Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Genocea announced positive results from its Phase 2b trial of GEN-003 in Herpes Simplex Type 2 (HSV2) in early Jan 2017. Given financial constraints, however, mgmt now plans to seek a collaborator prior to initiation of Phase 3 development. We believe this creates meaningful uncertainty for GEN-003 development timelines as well as the stock. Mgmt previously announced a shift in strategic focus from infectious disease to immuno-oncology. However, initial candidate from latter program is not expected to reach clinical development until YE17. We are downgrading to HOLD based on uncertainty around GEN-003 and lack of near-term milestones w/ immuno-oncology program. ATLAS platform holds substantial value and we believe stock remains attractive for long-term investors w/ horizon beyond 2017." (2/17/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Genocea Biosciences, Inc. is involved in developing vaccines. The company's proprietary discovery platform consists of AnTigen Lead Acquisition System which designs vaccines that stimulate T cell immunity. Its product portfolio which are in different clinical trials consist of GEN-003, HSV-2 infections, GEN-004 and HSV-2 prophylaxis and malaria. Genocea Biosciences, Inc. is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. " (1/5/2017)
Who owns Genocea Biosciences stock?
Genocea Biosciences' stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (15.00%), Franklin Resources Inc. (10.55%), Deerfield Management Co. (2.42%), Alyeska Investment Group L.P. (0.79%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.18%) and Birchview Capital LP (0.14%). Company insiders that own Genocea Biosciences stock include Eric S Hoffman, Jessica Baker Flechtner, Jonathan Poole, Polaris Venture Management Co, Stephen J Hoffman and William D Clark.
Who sold Genocea Biosciences stock? Who is selling Genocea Biosciences stock?
Genocea Biosciences' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Franklin Resources Inc..
Who bought Genocea Biosciences stock? Who is buying Genocea Biosciences stock?
Genocea Biosciences' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Dimensional Fund Advisors LP and Alyeska Investment Group L.P.. Company insiders that have bought Genocea Biosciences stock in the last two years include Eric S Hoffman, Jonathan Poole, Stephen J Hoffman and William D Clark.
How do I buy Genocea Biosciences stock?
Shares of Genocea Biosciences can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Genocea Biosciences stock cost?
One share of Genocea Biosciences stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.74.