Gulfport Energy Corporation is an oil and natural gas exploration and production company. The Company focuses on the exploitation and acquisition of natural gas, natural gas liquids and crude oil in the United States. The Company's properties are located in the Utica Shale in Eastern Ohio and along the Louisiana Gulf Coast in the West Cote Blanche Bay (WCBB) and Hackberry fields. The Company also has an interest in producing properties in Northwestern Colorado in the Niobrara Formation and in Western North Dakota in the Bakken Formation. The Company also holds an acreage position in the Alberta oil sands in Canada through its interest in Grizzly Oil Sands ULC and an interest in an entity that operates in the Phu Horm gas field in Thailand. The Company also owns interests in various fields, which includes Deer Island, Fay South, Crest, Squaw Cheek, Green River Basin and Watonga Chickasha Trend.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas Exploration and Production - NEC
- Sub-Industry: Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
- Symbol: NASDAQ:GPOR
- CUSIP: 40263530
- Web: gulfportenergy.com/
- Market Cap: $2.42 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 182,835,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $13.82
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $16.92
- 52 Week Range: $12.47 - $30.47
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 8.93
- P/E Growth: 0.25
- Annual Revenue: $680.55 million
- Price / Sales: 3.55
- Book Value: $15.32 per share
- Price / Book: 0.86
- EBIDTA: $254.71 million
- Net Margins: 46.38%
- Return on Equity: 24.85%
- Return on Assets: 13.50%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.58%
- Current Ratio: 0.62%
- Quick Ratio: 0.62%
- Average Volume: 3.90 million shs.
- Beta: 0.77
- Short Ratio: 2.26
Frequently Asked Questions for Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR)
What is Gulfport Energy's stock symbol?
Gulfport Energy trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GPOR."
How were Gulfport Energy's earnings last quarter?
Gulfport Energy Co. (NASDAQ:GPOR) released its earnings results on Monday, May, 8th. The company reported $0.32 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $0.18 by $0.14. The firm earned $333 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $224.93 million. Gulfport Energy had a net margin of 46.38% and a return on equity of 24.85%. Gulfport Energy's revenue was up 112.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the firm earned $0.14 earnings per share. View Gulfport Energy's Earnings History.
Where is Gulfport Energy's stock going? Where will Gulfport Energy's stock price be in 2017?
25 brokers have issued 1 year price targets for Gulfport Energy's stock. Their forecasts range from $17.00 to $40.00. On average, they anticipate Gulfport Energy's stock price to reach $27.14 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Gulfport Energy.
What are analysts saying about Gulfport Energy stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Gulfport Energy stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Gulfport Energy owns and operates mature oil and gas properties in the Louisiana Gulf Coast area. The company seeks to achieve reserve growth and increased cash flow from operations through low risk development activities on its existing properties and acquiring additional Louisiana Gulf Coast properties with exploitation and exploration potential. " (7/12/2017)
- 2. Williams Capital analysts commented, "We atribute the well outperformance to its enhanced comple�on designs, which should help validate the upside to the SCOOP acquisi�on, as well as put GPOR in the beat -and-raise camp with a posi�ve rate of change. Management will host its earnings call this morning (May 9th ) at 9:00 AM ET. We reaﬃrm our Buy rating a nd $27 PT. We expect shares to react positive to its initial SCOOP well results. Key Points Flow back on ini�al SCOOP wells outperforming 30%-35%. GPOR recently turned-to-sales its ﬁrst two gross (1.2 net) SCOOP wells, the Vinson 2-22X27H and 3R-22X27H (lateral lengths averaging 8,500 �) located in the wet gas window in Southern Grady County with 24-hour IP rates of 14.9 Mmcfe/d (97.7% nat gas) and 17.2 Mmcfe/d (98.3% nat gas), respec�vely. Moreover, these wells are showcasing an early ﬂow-back outperformance of ~30% to oﬀse�ng wells and by as much as 35% to its SCOOP wet gas type curve. We atribute the well out performance to its enhanced comple�on designs. Speciﬁcally, these wells u�lized 180- foot stage spacing with ~ 2,400 pounds of proppant per foot of lateral. During the summer, GPOR expect to spud a well in the Springer (~38,600 net prospec�ve acres) and Sycamore (40,000 net prospec�ve acres) – stay tuned." (5/9/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "GPOR's entry into the SCOOP, diluting its pure-play, dry gas Utica focus, clearly gave investors cause for concern as the stock has underperformed the XOP by 24% since the deal was announced on December 14. However, we still find value in GPOR shares and assume coverage with a Buy rating. We reduce our PT to $22 on a slower long-term development pace in the Utica and a lower gas price assumption than our previous NAV ($3.50 LT vs $4.00 LT previously)." (3/22/2017)
- 4. KLR Group analysts commented, "We are increasing our GPOR target price $1 to $31 per share due to almost 10% lower capital intensity (lower Utica well costs) largely offset by lower liquids composition. Our '17 production expectation of ~1,073 Mmcfepd is at the midpoint of company guidance (1,045-1,100 Mmcfepd)." (2/14/2017)
Who are some of Gulfport Energy's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Gulfport Energy include Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR), Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK), WPX Energy (WPX), Vermilion Energy (VET), Black Stone Minerals LP (BSM), Laredo Petroleum (LPI), Southwestern Energy Company (SWN), PDC Energy (PDCE), Kosmos Energy (KOS), Transportadora De Gas Sa Ord B (TGS), Matador Resources Company (MTDR), Callon Petroleum Company (CPE), Enerplus Corporation (ERF), SM Energy Company (SM), Whiting Petroleum Corporation (WLL), Magellan Petroleum Corporation (TELL), Viper Energy Partners LP (VNOM) and SRC Energy (SRCI).
Who are Gulfport Energy's key executives?
Gulfport Energy's management team includes the folowing people:
- David L. Houston, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Michael G. Moore, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Keri Crowell, Chief Financial Officer, Principal Accounting Officer
- J. Ross Kirtley, Chief Operating Officer
- Paul K. Heerwagen IV, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development and Strategy
- Robert Jones, Senior Vice President of Drilling
- Mark Malone, Senior Vice President of Operations
- Ty Peck, Senior Vice President of Midstream and Marketing
- Lester Zitkus, Senior Vice President of Land
- Steve R. Baldwin, Vice President - Reservoir Engineering
Who owns Gulfport Energy stock?
Gulfport Energy's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Gateway Investment Advisers LLC (0.23%), State Treasurer State of Michigan (0.04%), Bank of Montreal Can (0.03%), US Bancorp DE (0.03%), Oregon Public Employees Retirement Fund (0.03%) and Gradient Investments LLC (0.03%). Company insiders that own Gulfport Energy stock include Keri Crowell, Michael G Moore, Steve Baldwin and Stuart Maier. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Gulfport Energy.
Who sold Gulfport Energy stock? Who is selling Gulfport Energy stock?
Who bought Gulfport Energy stock? Who is buying Gulfport Energy stock?
Gulfport Energy's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Gateway Investment Advisers LLC, Gradient Investments LLC, Aperio Group LLC, LS Investment Advisors LLC, Oregon Public Employees Retirement Fund, US Bancorp DE, Louisiana State Employees Retirement System and State Treasurer State of Michigan. View Insider Buying and Selling for Gulfport Energy.
How do I buy Gulfport Energy stock?
Shares of Gulfport Energy can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Gulfport Energy's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ GPOR)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Gulfport Energy and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Gulfport Energy stock can currently be purchased for approximately $13.22.
Consensus Ratings for Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 5 Hold Ratings, 19 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.72)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$27.14 (105.32% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR)
(Data available from 7/24/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/20/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Downgrade||Overweight -> Neutral||$22.00 -> $17.00||High|
|6/21/2017||Pacific Crest||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$28.00||Medium|
|6/21/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||Low|
|6/2/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Set Price Target||Buy||$25.00||Low|
|5/31/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Lower Price Target||Buy||$26.00 -> $21.00||Medium|
|5/31/2017||Iberia Capital||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$26.00||Medium|
|5/17/2017||KLR Group||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$23.00 -> $22.00||Medium|
|5/17/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$20.00||Low|
|5/9/2017||Williams Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$27.00||Low|
|4/22/2017||Barclays PLC||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$30.00 -> $28.00||Low|
|3/28/2017||Morgan Stanley||Downgrade||Equal Weight -> Underweight||Low|
|3/22/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$31.00 -> $21.00||Low|
|3/7/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Lower Price Target||Hold||$27.00 -> $24.00||N/A|
|2/10/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Set Price Target||Buy||$33.00||N/A|
|2/5/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$33.00||N/A|
|1/19/2017||Johnson Rice||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|12/28/2016||Mizuho||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$36.00 -> $32.00||N/A|
|12/25/2016||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Set Price Target||Buy||$32.00||N/A|
|12/19/2016||Stephens||Upgrade||Equal Weight -> Overweight||$29.00||N/A|
|12/19/2016||Guggenheim||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$30.00||N/A|
|10/24/2016||Tudor Pickering||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|9/28/2016||GMP Securities||Initiated Coverage||Hold||$24.00||N/A|
|8/22/2016||KeyCorp||Lower Price Target||Overweight||$40.00 -> $35.00||N/A|
|7/6/2016||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||N/A|
|6/27/2016||Wunderlich||Boost Price Target||Buy||$35.00 -> $40.00||N/A|
|5/16/2016||Sterne Agee CRT||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|5/6/2016||Howard Weil||Boost Price Target||Sector Outperform||$33.00 -> $34.00||N/A|
|4/5/2016||Alembic Global Advisors||Downgrade||Overweight -> Neutral||N/A|
|3/10/2016||Topeka Capital Markets||Lower Price Target||Buy||$38.00 -> $36.00||N/A|
|2/23/2016||EuroPacific Canada||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||N/A|
|2/22/2016||Eurobank EFG||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|2/2/2016||Seaport Global Securities||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|12/3/2015||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Lower Price Target||Positive||$40.00 -> $35.00||N/A|
|8/19/2015||Capital One Financial Corporation||Lower Price Target||$58.00 -> $54.00||N/A|
|8/7/2015||FBR & Co||Lower Price Target||Outperform||$54.00 -> $50.00||N/A|
|7/28/2015||Northland Securities||Lower Price Target||Outperform||$60.00 -> $45.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR)Earnings History by Quarter for Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ GPOR)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/8/2017||Q1 2017||$0.18||$0.32||$224.93 million||$333.00 million||View||Listen|
|2/13/2017||Q416||$0.22||$0.34||$197.91 million||$202.70 million||View||N/A|
|11/2/2016||Q316||$0.10||$0.16||$170.57 million||$193.70 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q2||$0.13||$0.24||$163.10 million||$170.50 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Q1||$0.09||$0.14||$161.76 million||$156.96 million||View||N/A|
|2/17/2016||Q4||($0.11)||($0.01)||$161.01 million||$190.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/4/2015||Q3||($0.18)||($0.08)||$163.48 million||$230.57 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2015||Q115||($0.09)||($0.08)||$143.90 million||$144.80 million||View||N/A|
|2/25/2015||Q414||$0.02||$0.12||$170.75 million||$267.70 million||View||N/A|
|11/5/2014||Q314||$0.06||$0.13||$146.60 million||$170.00 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2014||Q214||$0.17||$0.07||$121.19 million||$114.76 million||View||N/A|
|5/7/2014||Q114||$0.21||$0.20||$123.63 million||$118.00 million||View||N/A|
|11/5/2013||Q313||$0.13||$0.14||$81.27 million||$69.25 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2013||Q2 2013||$0.14||$0.56||$66.12 million||$70.43 million||View||N/A|
|5/7/2013||Q1 2013||$0.14||$0.10||$57.99 million||$55.00 million||View||N/A|
|2/26/2013||Q4 2012||$0.18||$0.34||$57.08 million||$56.60 million||View||N/A|
|11/6/2012||Q312||$0.38||$0.28||$63.49 million||$60.54 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.14
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.39
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.31%Insider Trades by Quarter for Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 88.02%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/22/2016||Steve Baldwin||VP||Sell||566||$27.00||$15,282.00|| |
|6/20/2016||Stuart Maier||VP||Sell||10,000||$33.35||$333,500.00|| |
|6/15/2016||Michael G Moore||CEO||Sell||20,000||$32.95||$659,000.00|| |
|6/7/2016||Steve Baldwin||VP||Sell||10,000||$32.00||$320,000.00|| |
|4/12/2016||Keri Crowell||CAO||Sell||3,000||$30.00||$90,000.00|| |
|4/12/2016||Steve Baldwin||VP||Sell||4,000||$30.00||$120,000.00|| |
|3/23/2016||Keri Crowell||CAO||Sell||3,000||$28.38||$85,140.00|| |
|3/23/2016||Michael G Moore||CEO||Sell||22,500||$28.38||$638,550.00|| |
|6/19/2015||Stuart Maier||VP||Sell||10,045||$42.62||$428,117.90|| |
|6/11/2015||Ben T Morris||Director||Buy||1,000||$44.31||$44,310.00|| |
|3/18/2015||Steve Baldwin||VP||Sell||5,000||$46.50||$232,500.00|| |
|12/17/2014||Ross Kirtley||COO||Sell||3,399||$41.09||$139,664.91|| |
|12/17/2014||Steve Baldwin||VP||Sell||4,500||$40.00||$180,000.00|| |
|12/16/2014||Stuart Maier||VP||Sell||6,700||$40.00||$268,000.00|| |
|11/26/2014||Benjamin T Morris||Director||Buy||1,000||$52.07||$52,070.00|| |
|8/29/2014||Donald L Dillingham||Director||Sell||2,000||$58.56||$117,120.00|| |
|8/21/2014||Craig Groeschel||Director||Sell||2,000||$57.12||$114,240.00|| |
|6/20/2014||Stuart Maier||VP||Sell||2,000||$65.00||$130,000.00|| |
|6/18/2014||Steve Baldwin||VP||Sell||2,000||$65.02||$130,040.00|| |
|3/20/2014||Scott Streller||Director||Sell||2,000||$67.18||$134,360.00|| |
|6/18/2013||Michael G Moore||CFO||Sell||12,500||$51.33||$641,625.00|| |
|5/28/2013||James D Palm||CEO||Sell||125,000||$49.50||$6,187,500.00|| |
|5/21/2013||Michael G Moore||CFO||Sell||11,809||$51.00||$602,259.00|| |
|5/16/2013||Donald L Dillingham||Director||Sell||2,250||$49.12||$110,520.00|| |
Headline Trends for Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR)
Latest Headlines for Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR)
Gulfport Energy (GPOR) Chart for Monday, July, 24, 2017