About Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ:HAWK)
Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. is a prepaid payment network. The Company operates through three segments: U.S. Retail, International, and Incentives & Rewards. The U.S. Retail segment is engaged in the sale of prepaid products to consumers at its retail distribution partners and online and the sale of telecom handsets to retail distribution partners for resale to consumers. Its Incentives & Rewards segment is engaged in the sale of prepaid products, software and services to its business clients. It distributes closed loop gift cards in categories, including digital media and e-commerce, dining, electronics, entertainment, fashion and travel. It distributes a range of prepaid wireless or cellular cards. It also provides reloads for reloadable prepaid products, including prepaid telecom accounts and general-purpose reloadable cards. Its incentives businesses provide software, consulting services, program management, reward processing and reward fulfillment to its business clients.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Consumer Credit Cards Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:HAWK
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.blackhawknetwork.com
- Market Cap: $1.99142 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 56,708,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $42.17
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $42.38
- 52 Week Range: $32.60 - $46.70
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 58.58
- P/E Growth: 1.34
- Annual Revenue: $2.07 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.96
- Book Value: $14.52 per share
- Price / Book: 2.42
- EBITDA: $150.73 million
- Net Margins: -0.14%
- Return on Equity: 4.12%
- Return on Assets: 1.12%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.53%
- Current Ratio: 0.86%
- Quick Ratio: 0.96%
- Average Volume: 682,537 shs.
- Beta: 0.52
- Short Ratio: 5.5
Frequently Asked Questions for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ:HAWK)
What is Blackhawk Network Holdings' stock symbol?
Blackhawk Network Holdings trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "HAWK."
How were Blackhawk Network Holdings' earnings last quarter?
Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAWK) released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, October, 11th. The company reported $0.18 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.11 by $0.07. The firm earned $419.30 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $439.32 million. Blackhawk Network Holdings had a negative net margin of 0.14% and a positive return on equity of 4.12%. The business's revenue for the quarter was up 16.0% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $0.14 EPS. View Blackhawk Network Holdings' Earnings History.
What guidance has Blackhawk Network Holdings issued on next quarter's earnings?
Blackhawk Network Holdings issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, October, 11th. The company provided EPS guidance of $1.56-1.70 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $1.68. The company issued revenue guidance of $2.169-2.262 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $2.29 billion.
Where is Blackhawk Network Holdings' stock going? Where will Blackhawk Network Holdings' stock price be in 2017?
13 analysts have issued twelve-month target prices for Blackhawk Network Holdings' shares. Their predictions range from $36.00 to $58.00. On average, they anticipate Blackhawk Network Holdings' stock price to reach $46.92 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Blackhawk Network Holdings.
What are analysts saying about Blackhawk Network Holdings stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Blackhawk Network Holdings stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. is a provider of prepaid and financial payments products for consumers and businesses. The company distributes gift cards, prepaid handsets and prepaid financial services products. Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. " (10/19/2017)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Q4 results missed due in large part to EMV with revs 4.3% below Street and EPS at $1.00 (vs. Street at $1.10). F17 EPS guidance also fell short at $1.63 at midpoint vs. the Street's $1.89 (with EMV not yet fully resolved in '17). The stock will likely pull back as investors were expecting EMV-related upside in 2017 rather than a shortfall. At the same time, plenty of non-recurring factors in '17 as well as the new Target deal may point to a healthier 2018." (2/16/2017)
- 3. Credit Suisse Group analysts commented, "We had been optimistic that 2017 EPS guidance would be in the range of $1.80-$2.00 (we were at $1.94 and Consensus was at $1.88), which we viewed as necessary to keep the stock stable. Actual guidance of $1.56-$1.70 was well short of our expectations, and we expect the stock will be under pressure in the $32-$34 range. While the revenue guidance of $1.09b at the midpoint was above our and Consensus $1.07b, we believe margin expansion, or the lack thereof, will be a critical overhang to the story, particularly in what should have been a relatively strong margin year as open-loop card sales resume. While we by no means believe this business is broken, and there may be conservatism in the outlook, our downgrade reflects our view that HAWK remains a low visibility business with many moving parts and a history of disappointing results. The announcement with Target is definitely a big deal, but at this point we prefer to step aside and wait for a better entry point, stronger signs of reliable execution or simply more faith in our forecasting ability. HAWK was a $46 stock when we initiated Outperform in December 2015, and while it still represents a unique and differentiated story, it has been a decidedly bad call. Management plans to hold an analyst day this Thursday." (2/16/2017)
- 4. Citigroup Inc. analysts commented, "We are downgrading HAWK to Neutral from Buy as its post-3Q16 +17% move (vs. 6% for the S&P 500) already reflects a 'post-EMV' rebound and optimism regarding the FY17 outlook. At this level, upside seems capped and valuation (~15x 2018 EPS, ex cash tax benefits) and other risks (slower U.S. retail segment; heightened competition; mix shift to lower-margin segments) are more important. We prefer to wait for a more attractive entry point." (1/17/2017)
Who are some of Blackhawk Network Holdings' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Blackhawk Network Holdings include Man Group PLC (MNGPY), MB Financial (MBFI), United Bankshares (UBSI), Associated Banc-Corp (ASB), CoreSite Realty Corporation (COR), Primerica (PRI), Cousins Properties Incorporated (CUZ), BBVA Banco Frances S.A. (BFR), Chemical Financial Corporation (CHFC), Life Storage (LSI), Paramount Group (PGRE), White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM), UMB Financial Corporation (UMBF), Colony Starwood Homes (SFR), BankUnited (BKU), Equity Commonwealth (EQC), Sunstone Hotel Investors (SHO) and Spirit Realty Capital (SRC).
Who are Blackhawk Network Holdings' key executives?
Blackhawk Network Holdings' management team includes the folowing people:
- William Y. Tauscher, Executive Chairman of the Board, Head of International
- Talbott Roche, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Sachin Dhawan, Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer
- Greg Brown, Senior Vice President - International
- David C. Tate, Senior Vice President of Blackhawk's U.S, Retail Business
- Kirsten E. Richesson, General Counsel, Secretary
- Paul M. Hazen, Lead Independent Director
- Anil D. Aggarwal, Independent Director
- Richard H. Bard, Independent Director
- Thomas C Barnds, Independent Director
How do I buy Blackhawk Network Holdings stock?
Shares of Blackhawk Network Holdings can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Blackhawk Network Holdings' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ HAWK)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Blackhawk Network Holdings and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Blackhawk Network Holdings stock can currently be purchased for approximately $35.15.
Consensus Ratings for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ:HAWK) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||5 Hold Ratings, 8 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.62)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$46.92 (33.48% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ:HAWK)
Analysts' Ratings History for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ:HAWK)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/18/2017||Mizuho||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$50.00||N/A|
|10/17/2017||Argus||Lower Price Target||Buy||$50.00 -> $45.00||N/A|
|10/13/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Lower Price Target||Outperform||$52.00 -> $51.00||N/A|
|10/12/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$50.00 -> $46.00||N/A|
|10/12/2017||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Outperform -> Market Perform||N/A|
|10/12/2017||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Set Price Target||Buy||$43.00||N/A|
|9/1/2017||Craig Hallum||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$58.00||Low|
|7/24/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$49.00 -> $53.00||Medium|
|7/17/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$47.00||Low|
|4/28/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Boost Price Target||Buy||$41.00 -> $46.00||Low|
|3/23/2017||First Analysis||Boost Price Target||Overweight||$44.00 -> $47.00||Low|
|2/16/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Downgrade||Outperform -> Neutral||$37.00 -> $36.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ:HAWK)Earnings History by Quarter for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ HAWK)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|10/11/2017||Q3 2017||$0.11||$0.18||$439.32 million||$419.30 million||View||N/A|
|7/19/2017||Q2 2017||$0.05||$0.12||$447.43 million||$463.10 million||View||N/A|
|4/26/2017||Q1 2017||($0.15)||($0.08)||$379.13 million||$407.20 million||View||N/A|
|2/15/2017||Q4 2016||$1.11||$1.00||$354.80 million||$780.60 million||View||Listen|
|10/11/2016||Q3||$0.21||$0.14||$188.59 million||$168.92 million||View||Listen|
|7/19/2016||Q216||$0.24||$0.37||$183.59 million||$183.72 million||View||Listen|
|4/26/2016||Q116||$0.32||$0.46||$197.97 million||$366.50 million||View||Listen|
|2/23/2016||Q415||$1.25||$1.26||$381.31 million||$381.10 million||View||Listen|
|10/13/2015||Q315||$0.30||$0.35||$196.31 million||$193.40 million||View||Listen|
|7/21/2015||Q215||$0.33||$0.38||$176.25 million||$372.20 million||View||Listen|
|4/28/2015||Q115||$0.18||$0.34||$139.22 million||$164.40 million||View||Listen|
|2/26/2015||Q414||$1.06||$1.08||$665.05 million||$658.90 million||View||Listen|
|10/8/2014||Q314||$0.03||$0.09||$254.80 million||$269.00 million||View||N/A|
|7/16/2014||Q214||$0.03||$0.17||$281.53 million||$283.90 million||View||Listen|
|4/23/2014||Q1||$0.03||$0.02||$237.99 million||$233.10 million||View||Listen|
|2/19/2014||Q413||$0.84||$0.81||$528.10 million||$521.20 million||View||Listen|
|10/10/2013||Q313||$0.05||$0.08||$210.94 million||$206.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/18/2013||Q2 2013||($0.03)||$0.07||$237.14 million||$225.90 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ:HAWK)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.56
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ:HAWK)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ:HAWK)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 3.80%Insider Trades by Quarter for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ:HAWK)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 95.33%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/2/2017||David C. Tate||SVP||Sell||18,669||$42.88||$800,526.72|| |
|7/31/2017||Joan B Lockie||Insider||Sell||2,543||$43.92||$111,688.56|| |
|7/26/2017||Jerry N Ulrich||CFO||Sell||75,000||$45.15||$3,386,250.00|| |
|5/17/2017||Roche L Talbott Hoskins||Insider||Sell||20,000||$41.25||$825,000.00|| |
|5/10/2017||Jerry N. Ulrich||CFO||Sell||30,000||$41.90||$1,257,000.00|| |
|5/5/2017||Jeffrey H Fox||Director||Buy||2,775||$41.64||$115,551.00|| |
|5/4/2017||Joan B. Lockie||Insider||Sell||5,374||$41.53||$223,182.22|| |
|5/3/2017||Kirsten E Richesson||General Counsel||Sell||21,779||$41.00||$892,939.00|| |
|5/3/2017||Robert B Henske||Director||Buy||3,500||$41.57||$145,495.00|| |
|10/20/2016||David C Tate||SVP||Sell||28,314||$36.42||$1,031,195.88|| |
|7/28/2016||Arun Sarin||Director||Sell||25,000||$35.92||$898,000.00|| |
|5/17/2016||Joan B Lockie||CAO||Sell||403||$31.77||$12,803.31|| |
|11/12/2015||William Y. Tauscher||CEO||Sell||69,457||$45.23||$3,141,540.11|| |
|11/11/2015||Roche L. Talbott Hoskins||President||Sell||17,500||$45.26||$792,050.00|| |
|11/2/2015||Arun Sarin||Director||Sell||5,000||$44.00||$220,000.00|| |
|10/29/2015||Jerry N. Ulrich||CFO||Sell||25,000||$42.55||$1,063,750.00|| |
|10/28/2015||Arun Sarin||Director||Sell||20,000||$42.50||$850,000.00|| |
|10/27/2015||Joan B. Lockie||CAO||Sell||11,184||$41.50||$464,136.00|| |
|5/19/2015||Mohan S Gyani||Director||Sell||1,657||$37.85||$62,717.45|| |
|5/18/2015||Kirsten E Richesson||General Counsel||Sell||4,375||$37.55||$164,281.25|| |
|5/14/2015||Christopher C Crum||SVP||Sell||14,163||$37.11||$525,588.93|| |
|5/14/2015||Mohan S Gyani||Director||Sell||30,000||$37.39||$1,121,700.00|| |
|3/19/2015||Jerry N Ulrich||CFO||Sell||25,000||$33.27||$831,750.00|| |
|3/19/2015||Lawrence F Probst III||Director||Sell||15,000||$33.54||$503,100.00|| |
|10/31/2014||Paul Hazen||Director||Buy||2,900||$34.36||$99,644.00|| |
|7/31/2014||Jerry N Ulrich||CFO||Sell||27,250||$28.00||$763,000.00|| |
|7/22/2014||David C Tate||SVP||Sell||13,296||$27.35||$363,645.60|| |
|7/21/2014||Joan B Lockie||CAO||Sell||475||$20.39||$9,685.25|| |
|11/1/2013||Roche L Talbott Hoskins||President||Sell||15,000||$23.01||$345,150.00|| |
|10/29/2013||Roche L Talbott Hoskins||President||Sell||10,000||$23.11||$231,100.00|| |
|4/24/2013||David E Durant||General Counsel||Buy||1,000||$23.00||$23,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ:HAWK)
Latest Headlines for Blackhawk Network Holdings (NASDAQ:HAWK)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Blackhawk Network Holdings (HAWK) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017