About OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN)
Obalon Therapeutics, Inc. is a United States-based commercial-stage medical device company focused on developing and commercializing medical devices to treat obese and overweight people by facilitating weight loss. The Company's product, Obalon balloon system, is a swallowable, gas-filled intragastric balloon designed to provide weight loss in obese patients. The Obalon balloon system is intended to be used as an adjunct to a moderate intensity diet and behavior modification program. All balloons must be removed six months after the first balloon is placed. The Obalon balloon system intends to provide patients and physicians with a reversible and repeatable weight loss solution in an outpatient setting, without altering patient anatomy or requiring surgery. The Company has received Premarket approval (PMA) for its Obalon balloon system based on the results of its United States pivotal clinical trial, referred to as the SMART trial.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Medical Devices & Implants
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:OBLN
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.obalon.com
- Market Cap: $152.59 million
- Outstanding Shares: 16,824,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $9.77
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $9.77
- 52 Week Range: $8.27 - $14.57
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -5.50
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $4.98 million
- Price / Sales: 30.64
- Book Value: $2.98 per share
- Price / Book: 3.04
- EBITDA: ($27,120,000.00)
- Net Margins: -566.87%
- Return on Equity: -108.07%
- Return on Assets: -48.50%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.20%
- Current Ratio: 13.29%
- Quick Ratio: 13.14%
- Average Volume: 43,407 shs.
- Short Ratio: 23.88
Frequently Asked Questions for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN)
What is OBALON THERPTCS's stock symbol?
OBALON THERPTCS trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "OBLN."
How were OBALON THERPTCS's earnings last quarter?
OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN) posted its earnings results on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company reported ($0.46) EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.43) by $0.03. The company earned $1.96 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $1.77 million. OBALON THERPTCS had a negative return on equity of 108.07% and a negative net margin of 566.87%. View OBALON THERPTCS's Earnings History.
When will OBALON THERPTCS make its next earnings announcement?
Where is OBALON THERPTCS's stock going? Where will OBALON THERPTCS's stock price be in 2017?
4 analysts have issued 1 year price objectives for OBALON THERPTCS's stock. Their forecasts range from $6.00 to $20.00. On average, they expect OBALON THERPTCS's stock price to reach $15.25 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for OBALON THERPTCS.
What are analysts saying about OBALON THERPTCS stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about OBALON THERPTCS stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Obalon Therapeutics, Inc. is a medical device company. It focused on developing and commercializing medical devices to treat obese and overweight. The company's product consists of Obalon balloon system, the first swallowable, gas-filled intragastric balloon designed to provide progressive and sustained weight loss in obese patients. Obalon Therapeutics, Inc. is based in San Diego, California. " (8/16/2017)
- 2. Northland Securities analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage of Obalon Therapeutics with an Underperform rating / $6 PT. We are concerned that forward estimates are too high, the science is unclear, the logistical issues of 3- intragastric balloon (IGB) procedures remain, and finally, ponying up $8,000 or so in a cash-pay procedure for a 15 lb. weight loss makes this product more suitable for a wealthy, event-driven" motivated patient, therefore making the realistic TAM quite small." (6/21/2017)
- 3. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We reiterate our BUY rating following marketing meetings with management. We recently hosted two days of upbeat investor meetings with Obalon CEO Andy Rasdal as well as CFO Bill Plovanic. We came away from those meetings with a clearer understanding of investor sentiment as well as early commercial traction in the US launch." (5/18/2017)
Who are some of OBALON THERPTCS's key competitors?
Who are OBALON THERPTCS's key executives?
OBALON THERPTCS's management team includes the folowing people:
- Kim P Kamdar, Chairman of the Board
- Andrew Rasdal, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- William J. Plovanic, Chief Financial Officer
- Kelly Huang Ph.D., Chief Operating Officer
- Nooshin Hussainy, Vice President - Finance
- Steve Johnson, Vice President - Operations
- Matthew Norwood, Vice President of Sales
- Lisa Metzner, Vice President of Marketing
- Amy VandenBerg, Vice President - Regulatory and Clinical Affairs
- Donald Young, Vice President of Quality Assurance
When did OBALON THERPTCS IPO?
(OBLN) raised $75 million in an initial public offering on Thursday, October 6th 2016. The company issued 5,000,000 shares at a price of $14.00-$16.00 per share. UBS Investment Bank, Canaccord Genuity and Stifel acted as the underwriters for the IPO and BTIG was co-manager.
How do I buy OBALON THERPTCS stock?
Shares of OBALON THERPTCS can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is OBALON THERPTCS's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ OBLN)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about OBALON THERPTCS and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of OBALON THERPTCS stock can currently be purchased for approximately $9.07.
Consensus Ratings for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 3 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.50)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$15.25 (68.14% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN)
Analysts' Ratings History for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|8/2/2017||Northland Securities||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$6.00||Medium|
|5/18/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|3/19/2017||BTIG Research||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$20.00||Medium|
|10/31/2016||Stifel Nicolaus||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$18.00||N/A|
Earnings History for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN)Earnings History by Quarter for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ OBLN)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017||Q2 2017||($0.43)||($0.46)||$1.77 million||$1.96 million||View||Listen|
|5/10/2017||Q1 2017||($0.33)||($0.47)||$1.60 million||$1.47 million||View||N/A|
|11/11/2016||Q3 2016||($0.32)||($5.46)||$0.70 million||$0.77 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-1.86 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-1.65 EPS
Dividend History for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 16.40%Insider Trades by Quarter for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 44.97%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/12/2016||Kim P Kamdar||Director||Buy||13,400||$15.00||$201,000.00|| |
|10/12/2016||Matthew Norwood||VP||Buy||1,000||$15.00||$15,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN)
Latest Headlines for OBALON THERPTCS (NASDAQ:OBLN)
Loading headlines, please wait.
OBALON THERPTCS (OBLN) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017