About Resonant (NASDAQ:RESN)
Resonant Inc., a late-stage development company, engages in the development of filter designs for radio frequency (RF) front-ends used in the mobile device industry in the United States. It uses Infinite Synthesized Networks technology to configure and connect resonators, the building blocks of RF filters. The company develops a series of single-band designs for frequency bands; and multiplexer filter designs for two or more bands to address the carrier aggregation, as well as filter designs to replace various filters and associated componentry for various bands. Resonant Inc. was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Goleta, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Semiconductors & related devices
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio-4.56
Forward P/E RatioN/A
Sales & Book Value
Price / Sales238.21
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$1.23 per share
Price / Book4.72
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($1.26)
Return on Equity-98.33%
Return on Assets-87.40%
Resonant (NASDAQ:RESN) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Resonant's stock symbol?
Resonant trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "RESN."
How were Resonant's earnings last quarter?
Resonant Inc (NASDAQ:RESN) posted its earnings results on Wednesday, May, 9th. The semiconductor company reported ($0.28) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($0.20) by $0.08. The semiconductor company earned $0.16 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $0.20 million. Resonant had a negative net margin of 3,436.54% and a negative return on equity of 98.33%. View Resonant's Earnings History.
When is Resonant's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for RESN?
5 Wall Street analysts have issued 1 year target prices for Resonant's shares. Their forecasts range from $6.00 to $14.00. On average, they expect Resonant's stock price to reach $9.00 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Resonant.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Resonant stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Resonant stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Resonant Inc. is a development-stage company. It creates filter designs for radio frequency front-ends for the mobile device industry. The Company's product configures resonators, the building blocks of RF filters to select desired radio frequency signals and reject unwanted signals. Resonant Inc. is based in Santa Barbara, California. " (5/19/2018)
- 2. Drexel Hamilton analysts commented, "We were also very encouraged that Resonant reiterated its guidance for significant sequential growth and to reach mid-single digit millions of royalty revenue by the end of the year." (5/10/2018)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Resonant announced it has reached a settlement agreement of the proxy contest with Park City Capital. Under the agreement, the company has agreed to nominate four new candidates for the Board of Directors, two of which, Alan Howe and Jack Jacobs, were included in Park City Capital’s slate. In return, Park City Capital has agreed to a nine month standstill. While we always thought the risk of losing the proxy contest was low, we nevertheless see the settlement as a positive for RESN shares as it removes a major distraction from management. Together with the recent capital raise that has significantly mitigated near-term balance sheet risk, the proxy contest settlement should now allow management to devote 100% of its time to growing the business and executing on its 50+ contracted filter designs. Reiterate Buy and $6 PT ." (4/3/2018)
- 4. HC Wainwright analysts commented, "Software-Related Royalty Collection; Reit Buy Stock Data 09/15/2017 Price $4.90 Exchange NASDAQ Price Target $8.00 52-Week High $6.25 52-Week Low $3.82 Enterprise Value (M) $62.9 Market Cap (M) $72 Shares Outstanding (M) 14.7 3 Month Avg Volume 61,570 Short Interest (M) 0.66 Balance Sheet Metrics Cash (M) $9.10 Total Debt (M) $0.00 Total Cash/Share $0.62 EPS Diluted Full Year – Dec 2016A 2017E 2018E 1Q (0.30) (0.30)A — 2Q (0.22) (0.23)A — 3Q (0.32) (0.29) — 4Q (0.36) (0.30) — FY (1.23) (1.12) (1.04) Revenue ($M) Full Year – Dec 2016A 2017E 2018E 1Q 0.0 0.2A — 2Q 0.1 0.2A — 3Q 0.0 0.2 — 4Q 0.2 0.4 — FY 0.3 1.0 3.5 EPS may not sum due to rounding and changes in outstanding share count." (9/18/2017)
Who are some of Resonant's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Resonant include Ichor (ICHR), Photronics (PLAB), NVE (NVEC), Enphase Energy (ENPH), Hanwha Q Cells (HQCL), Aquantia (AQ), Alpha and Omega Semiconductor (AOSL), Magnachip Semiconductor (MX), Daqo New Energy (DQ), JinkoSolar (JKS), JA Solar (JASO), NeoPhotonics (NPTN), AXT (AXTI), DSP Group (DSPG) and Kopin (KOPN).
Who are Resonant's key executives?
Resonant's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. George B. Holmes, CEO & Director (Age 55)
- Dr. Robert B. Hammond, Co-Founder, CTO & Director (Age 70)
- Mr. Jeff A. Killian, CFO & Sec. (Age 58)
- Mr. Neal O. Fenzi, Co-Founder & Exec. VP of Engineering (Age 58)
- Mr. Barry Waxman, VP of Sales and Marketing (Age 64)
Has Resonant been receiving favorable news coverage?
News coverage about RESN stock has trended somewhat positive this week, Accern Sentiment reports. The research group scores the sentiment of media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Resonant earned a media sentiment score of 0.12 on Accern's scale. They also gave news coverage about the semiconductor company an impact score of 46.55 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company's share price in the near term.
Who are Resonant's major shareholders?
Resonant's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include CVI Holdings LLC (0.31%) and Stifel Financial Corp (0.14%). Company insiders that own Resonant stock include George B Holmes, Jeffrey A Killian, John E Major, Michael J Fox, Neal Fenzi, Robert B Hammond and Terry Lingren. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Resonant.
Which major investors are selling Resonant stock?
RESN stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Stifel Financial Corp. Company insiders that have sold Resonant company stock in the last year include George B Holmes, Jeffrey A Killian, Neal Fenzi and Robert B Hammond. View Insider Buying and Selling for Resonant.
Which major investors are buying Resonant stock?
RESN stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including CVI Holdings LLC. Company insiders that have bought Resonant stock in the last two years include John E Major and Michael J Fox. View Insider Buying and Selling for Resonant.
How do I buy shares of Resonant?
Shares of RESN can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Resonant's stock price today?
One share of RESN stock can currently be purchased for approximately $5.81.
How big of a company is Resonant?
Resonant has a market capitalization of $148.18 million and generates $650,000.00 in revenue each year. The semiconductor company earns $-21,650,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($1.26) on an earnings per share basis. Resonant employs 53 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Resonant?
Resonant's mailing address is 110 CASTILIAN DRIVE SUITE 100, GOLETA CA, 93117. The semiconductor company can be reached via phone at 805-308-9803 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Resonant (RESN)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Resonant and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe RESN will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe RESN will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.