Bemis Company, Inc. manufactures and sells packaging products in the United States, Brazil, other Americas, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. It operates through three segments: U.S. Packaging, Latin America Packaging, and Rest of World Packaging. The company offers multilayer polymer, blown, and cast film structures; and injection molded plastic, thermoformed plastic, and folding carton packaging products. Its products are used to produce packaging for food, medical, pharmaceutical, personal care, electronics, and industrial applications. The company was formerly known as Bemis Bro. Bag Company and changed its name to Bemis Company, Inc. in 1965. Bemis Company, Inc. was founded in 1858 and is based in Neenah, Wisconsin.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Converted paper & paperboard products, except containers & box
Trailing P/E Ratio17.82
Forward P/E Ratio15.26
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$4.05 billion
Price / Sales0.96
Cash Flow$6.4613 per share
Price / Cash6.59
Book Value$13.23 per share
Price / Book3.22
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$2.39
Net Income$94 million
Return on Equity17.91%
Return on Assets5.88%
Bemis (NYSE:BMS) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bemis' stock symbol?
Bemis trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "BMS."
How often does Bemis pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Bemis?
Bemis declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, May 3rd. Shareholders of record on Thursday, May 17th will be paid a dividend of $0.31 per share on Friday, June 1st. This represents a $1.24 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.91%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, May 16th. This is an increase from Bemis's previous quarterly dividend of $0.30. View Bemis' Dividend History.
How were Bemis' earnings last quarter?
Bemis Company, Inc. (NYSE:BMS) announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, April, 26th. The industrial products company reported $0.63 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.60 by $0.03. The industrial products company had revenue of $1.03 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $1 billion. Bemis had a net margin of 2.22% and a return on equity of 17.91%. Bemis's quarterly revenue was up 3.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the business earned $0.58 earnings per share. View Bemis' Earnings History.
When is Bemis' next earnings date?
What guidance has Bemis issued on next quarter's earnings?
Bemis issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Thursday, April, 26th. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $2.75-$2.90 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $2.80.
What price target have analysts set for BMS?
11 brokerages have issued twelve-month price targets for Bemis' stock. Their predictions range from $45.00 to $55.00. On average, they expect Bemis' stock price to reach $48.8889 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Bemis.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Bemis stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Bemis stock:
- 1. KeyCorp analysts commented, "We are slightly increasing our 2018 adj. EPS estimate from $2.70 to $2.76 (at the lower end of guidance of $2.75-$2.90) and our 2019 estimate from $2.75 to $2.81 (consensus is much higher at $3.09). We are assuming flat EBIT in 2019, which we consider appropriate given the aforementioned pricing and volume pressures that have put significant pressure on BMS’ EBIT in years past; we don’t think it is right to assume that the incremental cost savings from the Agility program will flow through to the Company’s bottom line because they rarely have." (4/26/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Bemis projects earnings per share in fiscal 2018 will be in the range of $2.75-$2.90 which includes an expected 31 cents benefit related to the U.S. tax reform. The mid-point of the range reflects an 18% year-over-year rise in earnings. The guidance reflects the benefit from the U.S. tax reform and the company’s initiatives to improve cost structure through the Agility plan. The plan includes optimizing manufacturing capacity, consolidating office space, and reducing SG&A cost structure and other costs. Further, Bemis's focus on capital expenditures will drive growth. Moreover, the company outperformed the industry over the past three months driven by these actions. However, Bemis’ performance might be impacted by the escalating raw material prices in the near term. The company is also facing challenges in its Latin American operations." (4/9/2018)
Who are some of Bemis' key competitors?
Who are Bemis' key executives?
Bemis' management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. William F. Austen, Pres, CEO & Director (Age 59)
- Mr. Michael B. Clauer, Sr. VP & CFO (Age 60)
- Dr. William E. Jackson Ph.D., Sr. VP & CTO (Age 56)
- Ms. Sheri H. Edison, Sr. VP, Chief Legal Officer & Sec. (Age 61)
- Mr. Timothy S. Fliss, Sr. VP & Chief HR Officer (Age 55)
Has Bemis been receiving favorable news coverage?
News articles about BMS stock have been trending somewhat positive recently, Accern Sentiment reports. The research firm identifies positive and negative news coverage by reviewing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Bemis earned a media sentiment score of 0.20 on Accern's scale. They also gave media headlines about the industrial products company an impact score of 45.05 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the near future.
Who are Bemis' major shareholders?
Bemis' stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (8.92%), American Century Companies Inc. (6.39%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.44%), Northern Trust Corp (0.96%), Segall Bryant & Hamill LLC (0.78%) and Farallon Capital Management LLC (0.62%). Company insiders that own Bemis stock include Edward N Perry and James W Ransom. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Bemis.
Which major investors are selling Bemis stock?
BMS stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including LSV Asset Management, Sei Investments Co., Citigroup Inc., Russell Investments Group Ltd., Flinton Capital Management LLC, Riverhead Capital Management LLC, Tyers Asset Management LLC and Neuburgh Advisers LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Bemis.
Which major investors are buying Bemis stock?
BMS stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including American Century Companies Inc., Farallon Capital Management LLC, BlackRock Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Segall Bryant & Hamill LLC, Element Capital Management LLC, Echo Street Capital Management LLC and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP. View Insider Buying and Selling for Bemis.
How do I buy shares of Bemis?
Shares of BMS can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Bemis' stock price today?
One share of BMS stock can currently be purchased for approximately $42.58.
How big of a company is Bemis?
Bemis has a market capitalization of $3.87 billion and generates $4.05 billion in revenue each year. The industrial products company earns $94 million in net income (profit) each year or $2.39 on an earnings per share basis. Bemis employs 16,582 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Bemis?
Bemis' mailing address is ONE NEENAH CENTER 4TH FLOOR P.O. BOX 669, NEENAH WI, 54957. The industrial products company can be reached via phone at 920-527-5000 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Bemis (BMS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Bemis and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe BMS will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe BMS will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.