About Hi-Crush Partners (NYSE:HCLP)
Hi-Crush Partners LP, together with its subsidiaries, provides proppant and logistics solutions to the energy industry in North America. The company produces monocrystalline sand, a specialized mineral used as a proppant during the well completion process to facilitate the recovery of hydrocarbons from oil and natural gas wells. It owns, operates, and develops sand reserves, and excavation and processing facilities, which include 1,447-acre facility with integrated rail infrastructure, located near Independence, Wisconsin and Whitehall, Wisconsin; 971-acre facility with integrated rail infrastructure, located in Wyeville, Wisconsin; 1,187-acre Augusta facility with integrated rail infrastructure, situated in Eau Claire County, Wisconsin; and 1,285-acre facility with integrated rail infrastructure, located near Blair, Wisconsin. The company offers raw frac sand used in hydraulic fracturing process for oil and natural gas wells. It primarily serves pressure pumping service providers, and oil and gas exploration and production companies. Hi-Crush GP LLC operates as the general partner of the company. Hi-Crush Partners LP was founded in 2012 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Mining & quarrying of nonmetallic minerals, except fuels
Trailing P/E Ratio11.78
Forward P/E Ratio4.08
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$602.62 million
Price / Sales1.75
Cash Flow$1.3120 per share
Price / Cash9.07
Book Value$8.74 per share
Price / Book1.36
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$1.01
Net Income$82.53 million
Return on Equity18.78%
Return on Assets13.39%
Hi-Crush Partners (NYSE:HCLP) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Hi-Crush Partners' stock symbol?
Hi-Crush Partners trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "HCLP."
How often does Hi-Crush Partners pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Hi-Crush Partners?
Hi-Crush Partners announced a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, April 18th. Investors of record on Tuesday, May 1st will be paid a dividend of $0.225 per share on Tuesday, May 15th. This represents a $0.90 annualized dividend and a yield of 7.56%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, April 30th. This is a boost from Hi-Crush Partners's previous quarterly dividend of $0.20. View Hi-Crush Partners' Dividend History.
How will Hi-Crush Partners' stock buyback program work?
Hi-Crush Partners declared that its board has approved a share repurchase plan on Wednesday, October 18th 2017, which authorizes the company to repurchase $100,000,000.00 in shares, according to EventVestor. This repurchase authorization authorizes the company to reacquire shares of its stock through open market purchases. Shares repurchase plans are often a sign that the company's board believes its shares are undervalued.
How were Hi-Crush Partners' earnings last quarter?
Hi-Crush Partners LP (NYSE:HCLP) released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 1st. The basic materials company reported $0.59 EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.58 by $0.01. The basic materials company earned $218.10 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $212.05 million. Hi-Crush Partners had a return on equity of 18.78% and a net margin of 19.44%. The business's revenue was up 161.5% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the firm earned ($0.07) earnings per share. View Hi-Crush Partners' Earnings History.
When is Hi-Crush Partners' next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for HCLP?
15 Wall Street analysts have issued 12-month target prices for Hi-Crush Partners' stock. Their forecasts range from $10.00 to $25.00. On average, they anticipate Hi-Crush Partners' share price to reach $15.8571 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Hi-Crush Partners.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Hi-Crush Partners stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Hi-Crush Partners stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Hi-Crush Partners LP engages in the production of monocrystalline sand, a specialized mineral that is used as a proppant to enhance the recovery rates of hydrocarbons from oil and natural gas wells. The Company reserves consist of Northern White sand, a resource existing in Wisconsin and limited portions of the upper Midwest region of the United States. It owns, operates and develops sand reserves and related excavation and processing facilities. Hi-Crush Partners LP is based in Houston, Texas. " (4/19/2018)
- 2. We think HCLP's decision to return capital to shareholders ($0.15/unit distribution and $100M buyback) is a critical first step in making the frac sand space investable again. After a euphoric start to 2017, capacity addition concerns (generally and specific to Permian basin sand mines) drove significant underperformance in the frac sand space. Investors look out to 2018 and see the significant cash flow generation potential in the sector, but have worried that cash flow would be used to build new capacity, exacerbating current investor concerns. Our view is that similar moves by other leading frac sand companies (with healthy balance sheets and strong free cash flow profiles into 2018) would go a long way toward re-establishing the sector." (10/17/2017)
- 3. The outlook for HCLP has turned more favourable, it reported a 3Q beat, recently announced the reinstatement of its distribution as well as a share buyback, and completed its Kermit facility and Pecos Terminal. Additionally mgmnt guided to 4Q sales volumes in the range of 2.7-2.9MM tons vs. UBSe of 2.6MM tons as it should benefit from the continued ramp of the Kermit facility. We expect HCLPs Propsteam business to continue to be a positive and it noted plans to grow the total number of crews to nine or more from seven by year end. On the pricing front, HCLP noted its expectation for modest improvements through the end of the year. With a 2018 total capex in the range of $35-$45MM and UBSe of more than $100MM of retained DCF, HCLP is 100% self-funded. We look for color on tomorrows call around the features on its credit facility, and hurdles that HCLP needs to pass to allow for the full $100MM of its buyback to be authorized, as well as how we should be thinking about the timing of the buyback." (10/21/2017)
Who are some of Hi-Crush Partners' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Hi-Crush Partners include Summit Materials (SUM), Compass Minerals International (CMP), U.S. Silica (SLCA), Hecla Mining (HL), Fairmount Santrol (FMSA), Intrepid Potash (IPI), Ciner Resources (CINR), United States Lime & Minerals (USLM), Smart Sand (SND), Emerge Energy Services (EMES), Canada Jetlines (JETMF), Applied Minerals (AMNL), Zenyatta Ventures (ZENYF), Cambrian Minerals Group (SMPR) and Canadian Zeolite C (CNZCF).
Who are Hi-Crush Partners' key executives?
Hi-Crush Partners' management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Robert E. Rasmus, CEO & Director of Hi-Crush GP LLC (Age 61)
- Ms. Laura C. Fulton, Chief Financial Officer of Hi-Crush GP LLC & Chief Accounting Officer of Hi-Crush GP LLC (Age 55)
- Mr. Mark C. Skolos, Gen. Counsel & Sec. of Hi-Crush GP LLC (Age 58)
- Mr. William E. Barker, Principal Strategy Officer of Hi-Crush GP LLC (Age 36)
- Mr. Scott J. Preston, Chief Operating Officer of Hi Crush GP LLC
Has Hi-Crush Partners been receiving favorable news coverage?
News stories about HCLP stock have been trending somewhat positive on Sunday, Accern Sentiment reports. Accern ranks the sentiment of press coverage by reviewing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Hi-Crush Partners earned a news impact score of 0.10 on Accern's scale. They also assigned news articles about the basic materials company an impact score of 46.61 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock's share price in the near future.
Who are Hi-Crush Partners' major shareholders?
Hi-Crush Partners' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Lafitte Capital Management LP (3.62%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (2.96%), Clear Harbor Asset Management LLC (1.16%), Intrinsic Edge Capital Management LLC (1.13%), Brightline Capital Management LLC (0.76%) and ING Groep NV (0.61%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Hi-Crush Partners.
Which major investors are selling Hi-Crush Partners stock?
HCLP stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Natixis, Guggenheim Capital LLC, Wexford Capital LP, UBS Group AG, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Clear Harbor Asset Management LLC, GSA Capital Partners LLP and Acorn Advisory Capital L.P.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Hi-Crush Partners.
Which major investors are buying Hi-Crush Partners stock?
HCLP stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including JPMorgan Chase & Co., PNC Financial Services Group Inc., Intrinsic Edge Capital Management LLC, Van ECK Associates Corp, Brightline Capital Management LLC, B. Riley Financial Inc., Lafitte Capital Management LP and ING Groep NV. View Insider Buying and Selling for Hi-Crush Partners.
How do I buy shares of Hi-Crush Partners?
Shares of HCLP can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Hi-Crush Partners' stock price today?
One share of HCLP stock can currently be purchased for approximately $11.90.
How big of a company is Hi-Crush Partners?
Hi-Crush Partners has a market capitalization of $1.05 billion and generates $602.62 million in revenue each year. The basic materials company earns $82.53 million in net income (profit) each year or $1.01 on an earnings per share basis. Hi-Crush Partners employs 601 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Hi-Crush Partners?
Hi-Crush Partners' mailing address is 1330 POST OAK BLVD. SUITE 600, Houston TX, 77056. The basic materials company can be reached via phone at 713-980-6200 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Hi-Crush Partners (HCLP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Hi-Crush Partners and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe HCLP will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe HCLP will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.