About Aerohive Networks (NYSE:HIVE)
Aerohive Networks, Inc. together with its subsidiaries, has designed and developed a cloud-managed mobile networking platform that enables enterprises to deploy and manage a mobile-centric network edge. Its portfolio of products and solutions is built around sets of technologies and solutions, which include Enterprise Cloud Networking, Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) Connectivity and Application and Insights. It conducts its business in geographic regions, including Americas; Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific. Its product portfolio includes hardware products, cloud-based network management and applications, and support services. Its hardware products include access points, branch routers and access switches. Its hardware products are developed by its hardware design team working in conjunction with original design manufacturer partners, and leverage the commercially available Wi-Fi radios, network processors, crypto accelerators and switching chips.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Communications & Networking
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:HIVE
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.aerohive.com
- Market Cap: $214.42 million
- Outstanding Shares: 43,606,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $3.90
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $4.22
- 52 Week Range: $3.02 - $6.14
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -11.71
- P/E Growth: -1.42
- Annual Revenue: $160.72 million
- Price / Sales: 1.08
- Book Value: $0.48 per share
- Price / Book: 8.29
- EBITDA: ($23,730,000.00)
- Net Margins: -18.58%
- Return on Equity: -107.93%
- Return on Assets: -21.00%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.79%
- Current Ratio: 2.21%
- Quick Ratio: 1.95%
- Average Volume: 388,849 shs.
- Beta: 1.59
- Short Ratio: 3.45
Frequently Asked Questions for Aerohive Networks (NYSE:HIVE)
What is Aerohive Networks' stock symbol?
Aerohive Networks trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "HIVE."
How were Aerohive Networks' earnings last quarter?
Aerohive Networks, Inc. (NYSE:HIVE) issued its earnings results on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company reported $0.01 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.01) by $0.02. The business earned $42.30 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $43.11 million. Aerohive Networks had a negative return on equity of 107.93% and a negative net margin of 18.58%. Aerohive Networks's revenue for the quarter was down 11.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned ($0.02) earnings per share. View Aerohive Networks' Earnings History.
When will Aerohive Networks make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Aerohive Networks' stock going? Where will Aerohive Networks' stock price be in 2017?
5 equities research analysts have issued 1-year target prices for Aerohive Networks' stock. Their forecasts range from $5.00 to $9.00. On average, they anticipate Aerohive Networks' share price to reach $6.31 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Aerohive Networks.
What are analysts saying about Aerohive Networks stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Aerohive Networks stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Aerohive Networks Inc. designs and develops a cloud-managed mobile networking platform that enables enterprises to deploy a mobile-centric network edge. The Company's cloud-managed mobile networking platform consists of four components: Cloud Services Platform, HiveOS operating system, client management software and its portfolio of hardware products. It serves the healthcare, education, manufacturing, distribution, and retail industries throughout the United States. Aerohive Networks, Inc. is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. " (8/8/2017)
- 2. Wunderlich analysts commented, "more progress than we expected."Quarter, In ReviewAccording to Robison, Aerohive's quarter was supported by improvements in product development, better sales execution and an activity level from a key partner Dell, which even surpassed management's expectations in the quarter. In fact, the company is now expected to achieve break-even non-GAAP operating income and earnings per share in the current quarter, which is two quarters ahead of what the analyst was expecting.Robison continued that Aerohive's era of burning "significant" (5/4/2017)
- 3. William Blair analysts commented, "Aerohive delivered a mixed fiscal fourth quarter, beating expectations on the bottom line while missing on total revenue. Management attributed the revenue declines (down 10% year-over-year) to ongoing operational issues related to administration of the 2016 E-rate program(roughly two-thirds of funding letters were approved by year-end, versus a nearly 90% approval rate a year ago), although the rest of the business performed largely as expected. On a positive note, Aerohive continues to see early traction from wave 2 access points (33% of access point revenue in the quarter), as well as steady momentum from recent industry and channel alliances (Dell was 10% of revenue in the fourth quarter). Record gross margin was another highlight in the quarter, driven by strong service gross margin (highest in seven quarters). In addition, Aerohive announced the hiring of Ron Gill as its new vice president of Americas sales (previously vice president'Americas enterprise sales at Ruckus)." (2/15/2017)
Are investors shorting Aerohive Networks?
Aerohive Networks saw a decrease in short interest in September. As of September 15th, there was short interest totalling 1,236,559 shares, a decrease of 33.0% from the August 31st total of 1,846,178 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 333,657 shares, the short-interest ratio is currently 3.7 days. Approximately 4.0% of the company's stock are short sold.
Who are some of Aerohive Networks' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Aerohive Networks include Gilat Satellite Networks (GILT), Sonus Networks (SONS), Calix (CALX), Digi International (DGII), AudioCodes (AUDC), Harmonic (HLIT), EMCORE Corporation (EMKR), Ooma (OOMA), Clearfield (CLFD), CityFibre Infrastructure Holdings PLC (CITY), UTStarcom Holdings Corp (UTSI), TESSCO Technologies Incorporated (TESS), Airgain (AIRG), BATM Advanced Communications Ltd (BVC), SRT Marine Systems PLC (SRT), Communications Systems (JCS), Lantronix (LTRX) and Trakm8 Holdings PLC (TRAK).
Who are Aerohive Networks' key executives?
Aerohive Networks' management team includes the folowing people:
- David K. Flynn, Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer
- John Ritchie, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Senior Vice President
- David Greene, Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
- Thomas J. Wilburn, Senior Vice President - Worldwide Sales
- Raphael Gernez, Senior Vice President - Operations
- Changming Liu, Chief Technology Officer, Director
- Steve Debenham, Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Frank J. Marshall, Lead Independent Director
- Remo E. Canessa, Independent Director
- Curtis Evander Garner III, Independent Director
How do I buy Aerohive Networks stock?
Shares of Aerohive Networks can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Aerohive Networks' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Aerohive Networks (NYSE HIVE)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Aerohive Networks and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Aerohive Networks stock can currently be purchased for approximately $3.98.
Consensus Ratings for Aerohive Networks (NYSE:HIVE) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Hold Rating, 4 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.80)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$6.31 (58.54% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Aerohive Networks (NYSE:HIVE)
Analysts' Ratings History for Aerohive Networks (NYSE:HIVE)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/17/2017||Craig Hallum||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$6.00||N/A|
|5/19/2017||DA Davidson||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$9.00||Medium|
|5/4/2017||Wunderlich||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$5.00||High|
|2/15/2017||William Blair||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||N/A|
|2/6/2017||JMP Securities||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||$4.99 -> $5.24||N/A|
|10/15/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$7.00 -> $6.00||N/A|
|10/14/2016||Buckingham Research||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$8.00 -> $5.00||N/A|
|8/5/2016||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$7.20 -> $7.50||N/A|
|2/6/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Underperform||$7.00 -> $6.00||N/A|
|2/4/2016||Dougherty & Co||Boost Price Target||$6.00 -> $7.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Aerohive Networks (NYSE:HIVE)Earnings History by Quarter for Aerohive Networks (NYSE HIVE)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017||Q2 2017||($0.01)||$0.01||$43.11 million||$42.30 million||View||Listen|
|5/3/2017||Q1 2017||($0.23)||($0.14)||$35.88 million||$36.35 million||View||Listen|
|2/14/2017||Q416||($0.07)||($0.04)||$44.07 million||$41.70 million||View||Listen|
|11/2/2016||Q316||($0.07)||($0.06)||$40.00 million||$40.40 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q216||($0.06)||($0.02)||$47.44 million||$47.63 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Q116||($0.16)||($0.13)||$39.60 million||$40.10 million||View||N/A|
|2/3/2016||Q415||($0.08)||($0.04)||$45.92 million||$46.20 million||View||N/A|
|11/4/2015||Q315||($0.13)||($0.12)||$41.34 million||$42.80 million||View||N/A|
|8/5/2015||Q215||($0.21)||($0.24)||$35.07 million||$36.80 million||View||N/A|
|5/6/2015||Q115||($0.26)||($0.35)||$26.80 million||$25.80 million||View||N/A|
|2/11/2015||Q414||($0.11)||($0.09)||$36.20 million||$36.20 million||View||N/A|
|11/5/2014||Q314||($0.11)||($0.10)||$35.93 million||$35.30 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2014||Q214||($0.12)||($0.14)||$35.82 million||$37.60 million||View||N/A|
|5/8/2014||Q114||($1.32)||($0.97)||$26.08 million||$28.20 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Aerohive Networks (NYSE:HIVE)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.46 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.34 EPS
Dividend History for Aerohive Networks (NYSE:HIVE)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Aerohive Networks (NYSE:HIVE)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 26.23%Insider Trades by Quarter for Aerohive Networks (NYSE:HIVE)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 44.70%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|5/16/2017||David K Flynn||CEO||Buy||40,000||$4.30||$172,000.00|| |
|5/16/2017||John Ritchie||CFO||Buy||20,000||$4.31||$86,200.00|| |
|12/16/2016||Thomas J Wilburn||SVP||Sell||20,000||$6.00||$120,000.00|| |
|12/5/2016||Raphael Gernez||SVP||Sell||495||$5.26||$2,603.70|| |
|5/26/2016||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$6.34||$19,020.00|| |
|5/17/2016||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$5.86||$17,580.00|| |
|4/19/2016||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$5.80||$17,400.00|| |
|4/18/2016||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||1,500||$5.82||$8,730.00|| |
|4/8/2016||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$5.57||$16,710.00|| |
|3/24/2016||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$5.15||$15,450.00|| |
|3/9/2016||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$5.15||$15,450.00|| |
|2/25/2016||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$5.00||$15,000.00|| |
|2/12/2016||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$4.89||$14,670.00|| |
|1/28/2016||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$4.41||$13,230.00|| |
|1/15/2016||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$4.40||$13,200.00|| |
|12/30/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||1,500||$5.09||$7,635.00|| |
|12/29/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||1,500||$5.05||$7,575.00|| |
|12/15/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$5.35||$16,050.00|| |
|12/4/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$5.97||$17,910.00|| |
|11/25/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$6.09||$18,270.00|| |
|11/17/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$6.00||$18,000.00|| |
|11/6/2015||Efstathios Papaefstathiou||SVP||Sell||27,308||$6.45||$176,136.60|| |
|10/21/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$6.51||$19,530.00|| |
|10/8/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$6.82||$20,460.00|| |
|9/24/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||3,000||$5.90||$17,700.00|| |
|9/4/2015||David K Flynn||CEO||Buy||3,728||$6.16||$22,964.48|| |
|9/3/2015||David K Flynn||CEO||Buy||36,272||$6.02||$218,357.44|| |
|8/18/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||4,200||$7.69||$32,298.00|| |
|7/10/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||4,200||$6.90||$28,980.00|| |
|6/25/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||4,200||$7.50||$31,500.00|| |
|6/9/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||4,200||$7.30||$30,660.00|| |
|5/29/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||4,200||$7.15||$30,030.00|| |
|5/19/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||4,200||$6.66||$27,972.00|| |
|5/18/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||2,100||$6.73||$14,133.00|| |
|4/29/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||4,200||$6.06||$25,452.00|| |
|4/16/2015||Changming Liu||Director||Sell||42,000||$5.02||$210,840.00|| |
Headline Trends for Aerohive Networks (NYSE:HIVE)
Latest Headlines for Aerohive Networks (NYSE:HIVE)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Aerohive Networks (HIVE) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017