About Halyard Health (NYSE:HYH)
Halyard Health, Inc. is a medical technology company. The Company operates through two segments: Medical Devices and Surgical and Infection Prevention (S&IP). The Medical Devices segment provides a portfolio of product offerings focused on pain management, respiratory and digestive health. The S&IP segment provides healthcare supplies and solutions that target the prevention of healthcare-associated infections. The Company address healthcare needs, such as reducing the use of opioids, while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. The Medical Devices segment's products include post-operative pain management solutions, minimally invasive interventional (or chronic) pain therapies, closed airway suction systems and enteral feeding tubes. The S&IP segment includes product offerings, such as sterilization wrap, surgical drapes and gowns, facial protection, protective apparel and medical exam gloves.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Medical Equipment, Supplies & Distribution
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:HYH
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.halyardhealth.com
- Market Cap: $2.05932 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 46,700,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $45.23
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $40.71
- 52 Week Range: $31.59 - $46.63
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 42.32
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 21.06
- P/E Growth: 4.28
- Annual Revenue: $1.6 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.28
- Book Value: $24.77 per share
- Price / Book: 1.78
- EBITDA: $182 million
- Net Margins: 3.06%
- Return on Equity: 8.29%
- Return on Assets: 4.44%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.50%
- Current Ratio: 2.03%
- Quick Ratio: 1.11%
- Average Volume: 336,538 shs.
- Beta: 1.75
- Short Ratio: 11.18
Frequently Asked Questions for Halyard Health (NYSE:HYH)
What is Halyard Health's stock symbol?
Halyard Health trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "HYH."
How were Halyard Health's earnings last quarter?
Halyard Health, Inc. (NYSE:HYH) posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company reported $0.51 EPS for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.37 by $0.14. The business earned $399.20 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $399.16 million. Halyard Health had a return on equity of 8.29% and a net margin of 3.06%. The company's quarterly revenue was down .2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the firm earned $0.45 EPS. View Halyard Health's Earnings History.
When will Halyard Health make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Halyard Health issued on next quarter's earnings?
Halyard Health issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $1.85-2.05 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $2.04.
Where is Halyard Health's stock going? Where will Halyard Health's stock price be in 2017?
5 brokers have issued 1 year target prices for Halyard Health's stock. Their forecasts range from $38.00 to $45.00. On average, they expect Halyard Health's share price to reach $41.67 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Halyard Health.
What are analysts saying about Halyard Health stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Halyard Health stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Halyard Health, Inc. is a medical technology company. It is focused on advancing health and healthcare by preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery. The Company sells surgical and infection prevention products for the operating room. Halyard offers products such as sterilization wraps, face masks, surgical drapes and gowns, closed suction catheters, pain pumps and enteral feeding tubes. It offers a range of medical device solutions including post-operative pain management solutions, minimally invasive interventional (or chronic) pain therapies, closed airway suction systems, and enteral feeding tubes. Halyard Health, Inc. is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. " (10/19/2017)
- 2. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "HYH closed 2016 with its fourth consecutive quarter of sales and EPS upside relative to both Consensus and management guidance. After a more difficult than expected first-year (2015) post-spin, in 2016, the company's transformation took clearer shape and was highlighted by: accretive M&A, a positive mix shift to the more profitable Medical Device franchise (38% of sales; 64% of operating profit), successful re-negotiations of material GPO contracts, significant organic cost-savings and stepped-up investments, all with significantly improved cash flow generation ($100M+ guide vs. $160M actual). We continue to believe HYH has further price appreciation potential ahead as '2016-like' thematic drivers continue playing out over the next 12-24 months. Still, we acknowledge that HYH shares (+56% TTM vs. S&P500: +23%) trading at 20x 2018E EPS (vs. large cap ~18x) could "pause" here as the stock absorbs the recent out-performance and the next wave of potentially positive catalysts becomes more visible. Yet to be realized sales, margin, and EPS-enhancing catalysts could include: IT cost savings, better S&IP pricing, more normal nitrile pricing and most important, further accretive M&A opportunities. Company-specific 2017 headwinds could include: more intense commodity price inflation, stepped up On-Q competition, and still uncertain macro tax-related legislation. For us, the bottom line is that HYH remains a positive long-term transformation story that is still in 'early innings' with significant opportunity both organically and through acquisitions to leverage earnings. We rate HYH Buy and raise our TP to $45 (from $38)." (2/28/2017)
Who are some of Halyard Health's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Halyard Health include Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation (IART), DexCom (DXCM), ICU Medical (ICUI), LivaNova PLC (LIVN), Neogen Corporation (NEOG), NuVasive (NUVA), Nevro Corp. (NVRO), Haemonetics Corporation (HAE), Inogen (INGN), MiMedx Group (MDXG), CONMED Corporation (CNMD), Asante Solutions (PUMP), OraSure Technologies (OSUR), Orthofix International N.V. (OFIX), Intersect ENT (XENT), Cardiovascular Systems (CSII), K2M Group Holdings (KTWO) and AtriCure (ATRC).
Who are Halyard Health's key executives?
Halyard Health's management team includes the folowing people:
- Ronald W. Dollens, Chairman of the Board
- Joseph F. Woody, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Steven E. Voskuil, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President
- Christopher M. Lowery, Chief Operating Officer, Senior Vice President
- Rhonda D. Gibby, Chief Human Resource Officer, Senior Vice President
- John W. Wesley, Senior Vice President, General Counsel
- Christopher G. Isenberg, Senior Vice President - Global Supply Chain and Procurement
- Warren J. Machan, Senior Vice President - Business Strategy
- Gary D. Blackford, Independent Director
- John P. Byrnes, Independent Director
Who owns Halyard Health stock?
Halyard Health's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include State Treasurer State of Michigan (0.04%), Narwhal Capital Management (0.03%), Alpha Windward LLC (0.02%) and Quotient Investors LLC (0.01%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Halyard Health.
Who sold Halyard Health stock? Who is selling Halyard Health stock?
Who bought Halyard Health stock? Who is buying Halyard Health stock?
How do I buy Halyard Health stock?
Shares of Halyard Health can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Halyard Health's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Halyard Health (NYSE HYH)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Halyard Health and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Halyard Health stock can currently be purchased for approximately $44.01.
Consensus Ratings for Halyard Health (NYSE:HYH) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Hold Ratings, 3 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.60)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$41.67 (5.32% downside)|Consensus Price Target History for Halyard Health (NYSE:HYH)
Analysts' Ratings History for Halyard Health (NYSE:HYH)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/21/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$45.00||Low|
|8/3/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Boost Price Target||Buy||$35.00 -> $42.00||Medium|
|8/3/2017||Stephens||Upgrade||Equal Weight -> Overweight||Medium|
|1/6/2017||JMP Securities||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||$38.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Halyard Health (NYSE:HYH)Earnings History by Quarter for Halyard Health (NYSE HYH)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017||Q2 2017||$0.37||$0.51||$399.16 million||$399.20 million||View||Listen|
|5/2/2017||Q1 2017||$0.43||$0.48||$391.56 million||$395.60 million||View||Listen|
|2/27/2017||Q416||$0.44||$0.50||$401.72 million||$410.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/2/2016||Q316||$0.39||$0.48||$387.64 million||$398.00 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q216||$0.36||$0.45||$383.08 million||$400.00 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Q116||$0.34||$0.53||$369.80 million||$385.00 million||View||N/A|
|2/29/2016||Q415||$0.50||$0.57||$401.96 million||$401.40 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2015||Q315||$0.47||$0.52||$388.00 million||$390.00 million||View||N/A|
|8/4/2015||Q215||$0.53||$0.52||$401.70 million||$389.30 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2015||Q1 2015||$0.64||$0.51||$390.00 million||$394.00 million||View||N/A|
|3/4/2015||Q4||$0.75||$1.59||$425.10 million||$439.40 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Halyard Health (NYSE:HYH)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.80
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Halyard Health (NYSE:HYH)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Halyard Health (NYSE:HYH)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.30%Insider Trades by Quarter for Halyard Health (NYSE:HYH)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 91.02%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/4/2015||Robert E Abernathy||CEO||Buy||10,000||$31.06||$310,600.00|| |
|9/1/2015||Steven E Voskuil||CFO||Buy||1,000||$30.00||$30,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Halyard Health (NYSE:HYH)
Latest Headlines for Halyard Health (NYSE:HYH)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Halyard Health (HYH) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017