About Mallinckrodt PLC
Mallinckrodt public limited company develops, manufactures, markets and distributes branded and generic specialty pharmaceutical products and therapies. The Company focuses on various therapeutic areas, such as autoimmune and rare disease specialty areas, including neurology, rheumatology, nephrology, ophthalmology and pulmonology; immunotherapy and neonatal critical care respiratory therapies; analgesics and hemostasis products, and central nervous system drugs. Its segments include Specialty Brands and Specialty Generics. The Specialty Brands segment produces and markets branded pharmaceutical products and therapies. The Specialty Generics segment produces and markets specialty generic pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) consisting of biologics, medicinal opioids, synthetic controlled substances, acetaminophen and other active ingredients. Its product portfolio includes Acthar, Inomax, Ofirmev, Therakos immunotherapy, Hemostasis products and StrataGraft.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Drugs - Generic
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: MNK
- Previous Close: $53.38
- 50 Day Moving Average: $50.12
- 200 Day Moving Average: $61.30
- 52-Week Range: $42.67 - $85.83
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 20.71
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 6.42
- P/E Growth: 1.12
- Market Cap: $5.59B
- Outstanding Shares: 104,694,000
- Beta: 1.48
- Net Margins: 7.75%
- Return on Equity: 17.34%
- Return on Assets: 5.71%
Companies Related to Mallinckrodt PLC:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.18%
- Current Ratio: 1.20%
- Quick Ratio: 0.93%
What is Mallinckrodt PLC's stock symbol?
Mallinckrodt PLC trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "MNK."
Where is Mallinckrodt PLC's stock going? Where will Mallinckrodt PLC's stock price be in 2017?
17 brokers have issued 1 year price objectives for Mallinckrodt PLC's shares. Their predictions range from $60.00 to $98.00. On average, they anticipate Mallinckrodt PLC's stock price to reach $82.91 in the next year.
When will Mallinckrodt PLC announce their earnings?
Mallinckrodt PLC is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, February, 7th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Mallinckrodt PLC stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Mallinckrodt PLC stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Mallinckrodt reported strong results for the transition quarter (Oct 1 to Dec 30) beating both sales and earnings expectations. The results were driven by volume-based growth across its Specialty Brands segment which once more offset the ongoing challenges in Specialty Generics segment. Mallinckrodt is currently focused on reshaping its product portfolio through strategic acquisitions and non-core asset divestitures. The company sold its Nuclear Imaging business due to lingering challenging conditions for quite some time. The company also announced to sell its Intrathecal Therapy business. Meanwhile, Mallinckrodt acquire-to-invest policy is apparently paying off as both Inomax and Therakos continue to witness solid demand along with Ofirmev. The performance of Acthar has been impressive too. Estimates for 2017 have gone up post the strong results. However, shares have underperformed the Medical-Generic Drugs industry in 2017." (2/9/2017)
- Guggenheim analysts commented, "Although any potential competition for MNK's largest single drug, Acthar, is a concern, we think that it will take at least several years for Marathon to even establish proof of concept for its product, which means there is no near-to-mid-term threat here. We forecast Acthar sales of $1.2B in '16 and total MNK sales of $3.3B. We believe that MNK's execution of its stated business objectives is underappreciated and would note that the company has a demonstrated record of success, supported by consistent earnings beats over the last five quarters. We continue to believe strong execution of MNK's growth initiatives will drive P/E multiple expansion (from 6x to at least 10x, average pharma trough multiple) and put MNK shares back on a path to $70+." (1/19/2017)
- Mizuho analysts commented, "Yesterday MNK sold off based on headlines of an FTC anti-trust investigation, then rebounded quickly after a $100M settlement was announced. This settlement was related to legacy Synacthen issues associated with its Questcor acquisition. The stock then plunged again on more detailed news that Mallinckrodt would need to license two Synacthen indications (infantile spasms and nephrotic syndrome) to an undisclosed company. Investors were concerned that this could introduce additional competition to Acthar and create yet another overhang on the stock. Management held a call this morning that, in our view, dispelled most if not all of these concerns as outlined below. We reiterate our Buy rating on the stock and expect a rebound." (1/19/2017)
Who owns Mallinckrodt PLC stock?
Mallinckrodt PLC's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Paulson & CO. Inc. (7.62%), State Street Corp (4.67%), AQR Capital Management LLC (3.09%), Janus Capital Management LLC (2.75%), Orbimed Advisors LLC (1.41%) and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.36%). Company insiders that own Mallinckrodt PLC stock include Coleman N Lannum III, Don M Bailey, Gary M Phillips, Hugh M O'neill, Mario D Saltarelli, Mark Trudeau, Matthew K Harbaugh, Meredith B Fischer, Sandra L Hatten, Steven J Romano and Terrance L Carlson.
Who sold Mallinckrodt PLC stock? Who is selling Mallinckrodt PLC stock?
Mallinckrodt PLC's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Janus Capital Management LLC, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Oxford Asset Management, Barings LLC, United Capital Financial Advisers LLC, Loomis Sayles & Co. L P and Prudential PLC.
Who bought Mallinckrodt PLC stock? Who is buying Mallinckrodt PLC stock?
Mallinckrodt PLC's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Paulson & CO. Inc., AQR Capital Management LLC, Guggenheim Capital LLC, Deerfield Management Co., Senzar Asset Management LLC, Orbimed Advisors LLC, State Street Corp and Allianz Asset Management AG. Company insiders that have bought Mallinckrodt PLC stock in the last two years include Coleman N Lannum III, Gary M Phillips, Hugh M O'neill, Mark Trudeau, Matthew K Harbaugh, Meredith B Fischer, Steven J Romano and Terrance L Carlson.
How do I buy Mallinckrodt PLC stock?
Shares of Mallinckrodt PLC can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Mallinckrodt PLC stock cost?
One share of Mallinckrodt PLC stock can currently be purchased for approximately $54.60.