Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the discovery, development and commercialization of therapies for the treatment of patients with glaucoma and other diseases of the eye. The Company's product candidates include Rhopressa (netarsudil ophthalmic solution) 0.02% (Rhopressa), and Roclatan (netarsudil/latanoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.02%/0.005% (Roclatan). The Company's product candidates are designed to lower intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients with open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension. Its Rhopressa is a once-daily eye drop. Rhopressa inhibits Rho kinase (ROCK), and the norepinephrine transporter (NET), which are both biochemical targets for lowering IOP. Its Roclatan is a once-daily, fixed-dose combination of Rhopressa and latanoprost, which is a prescribed drug for the treatment of patients with open-angle glaucoma. The Company is engaged in conducting Phase III clinical trial for Roclatan.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Drug Manufacturers - Major
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:AERI
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.aeriepharma.com
- Market Cap: $1.88 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 33,634,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $42.29
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $42.46
- 52 Week Range: $16.41 - $59.50
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -26.12
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: N/A
- Price / Sales: N/A
- Book Value: $2.50 per share
- Price / Book: 22.36
- EBIDTA: ($99,150,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -278.19%
- Return on Assets: -52.67%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.96%
- Current Ratio: 18.21%
- Quick Ratio: 18.21%
- Average Volume: 501,430 shs.
- Beta: 1.13
- Short Ratio: 7.09
Frequently Asked Questions for Aerie Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AERI)
What is Aerie Pharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
Aerie Pharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AERI."
How were Aerie Pharmaceuticals' earnings last quarter?
Aerie Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:AERI) issued its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, May, 2nd. The company reported ($0.76) EPS for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($0.74) by $0.02. View Aerie Pharmaceuticals' Earnings History.
When will Aerie Pharmaceuticals make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Aerie Pharmaceuticals' stock going? Where will Aerie Pharmaceuticals' stock price be in 2017?
12 brokers have issued 1 year price objectives for Aerie Pharmaceuticals' shares. Their predictions range from $48.00 to $100.00. On average, they anticipate Aerie Pharmaceuticals' stock price to reach $64.42 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Aerie Pharmaceuticals.
What are analysts saying about Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock:
- 1. HC Wainwright analysts commented, "Blueprint reported a Q1 net loss of $28MM and ended the quarter with $452MM." (5/3/2017)
- 2. Aegis analysts commented, "We still consider the upcoming Mercury 2 three-month efficacy readout for Roclatan expected before the end of Q2, 2017 as being a potentially share moving event. Higher patients dropout rate seen in Rhopressa arm relative to Timolol arm is not concerning to us. 30% of the patients in the Rhopressa arm of the trial discontinued treatment by month 6 compared to 12% of the patient population in the Timolol arm. The most common reason for discontinuation seen in the Rhopressa arm was related to adverse events, at about 19.4%. 2.2% (8) of the subjects in the Timolol arm dropped out due to adverse events. As a point of reference, given that 47% of patients (118 out of 251 patients) on Rhopressa QD completed the treatment by month 12 in Rocket 2, we estimate a maximum drop-off rate of Rhopressa at 53%. Further, according to results published in Persistency: A New Take on Patient Care" by Schwartz in Review of Ophthalmology 11.4 (2004): 108, the discontinuation rates of 66%/50%/46% for Latanoprost/Travoprost/Bimatoprost were seen at month 3 and 6, with rates increasing to 67%/81%/81%, respectively, at month 12." (4/13/2017)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, " AERI reported 4Q16 financials and updated ongoing Rhopressa and Roclatan development activities. The Rhopressa NDA was refiled in late Feb following an issue at the third party manufacturer. AERI expects a potential PDUFA in 1Q18 after a standard FDA review and is in the process of building a commercial org in anticipation of a 1H18 product launch. Key data from both Rhopressa and Roclatan are expected in 2Q17: top-line safety data from the ph 3 ROCKET-4 trial and top-line efficacy data from the ph 3 MERCURY-2 trial. AERI expects to file an NDA for Roclatan in late 2017/early 2018. We maintain our Buy rating and slightly adjust our $PT to $58 (from $52) to reflect a model and valuation update." (3/8/2017)
- 4. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Aerie is positive on the efforts in developing its pipeline candidates. Aerie has filed a new drug application (NDA) for its lead candidate, Rhopressa, in the U.S. in the Sep 2016 for treatment of glaucoma or ocular hypertension. A potential approval and successful commercialization of the drug will significantly boost the company’s growth prospects as glaucoma is one of the largest segments in the global ophthalmic market. We are also positive with Aerie’s second late-stage glaucoma candidate, Roclatan, which is being evaluated for lowering intraocular pressure in patients suffering from open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension. However, with no approved product in its portfolio, any regulatory setback would have an adverse impact on the stock. Estimates have remained mostly stable ahead of the company’s Q3 earnings release. However, the company has a negative record of earnings surprises in recent quarters." (11/3/2016)
- 5. Brean Capital analysts commented, "At yesterday’s investor day, Aerie painted a clearer portrait of the current standard of care and competitive glaucoma treatment environment. Management also provided further insight into the recent Mercury 1 data for Roclatan, a closer look at how to measure the effectiveness of glaucoma treatment with added perspective from a former physician, as well as revisited what the company’s future value adding drivers will be and articulated the international strategy. We took the opportunity to dive deeper into our model, taking into account potential future European launches and Japanese clinical trials." (10/6/2016)
Who are some of Aerie Pharmaceuticals' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Aerie Pharmaceuticals include GW Pharmaceuticals PLC- (GWPH), Impax Laboratories (IPXL), TherapeuticsMD (TXMD), Retrophin (RTRX), Assembly Biosciences (ASMB), Rockwell Medical (RMTI), Zogenix (ZGNX), Alimera Sciences (ALIM), Tonix Pharmaceuticals Holding Corp. (TNXP), Alliqua Biomedical (ALQA), Novogen Limited (NVGN), Immune Pharmaceuticals (IMNP), Echo Therapeutics (ECTE), Heron Therapeutics (HRTX), Kythera Biopharmaceuticals (KYTH) and ZS Pharma (ZSPH).
Who owns Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock?
Aerie Pharmaceuticals' stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Jennison Associates LLC (9.32%), Wellington Management Group LLP (0.00%), BlackRock Inc. (0.00%), Foresite Capital Management III LLC (0.00%), Foresite Capital Management II LLC (0.00%) and Vanguard Group Inc. (0.00%). Company insiders that own Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock include Foresite Capital Fund Ii, LP, Geoffrey M Duyk and Gerald D Cagle. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Aerie Pharmaceuticals.
Who sold Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock? Who is selling Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock?
Aerie Pharmaceuticals' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Jennison Associates LLC, Ameriprise Financial Inc., State Street Corp, Granite Point Capital Management L.P., Northpointe Capital LLC, Morgan Stanley, Bailard Inc. and Iguana Healthcare Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock in the last year include Foresite Capital Fund Ii, LP and Geoffrey M Duyk. View Insider Buying and Selling for Aerie Pharmaceuticals.
Who bought Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock? Who is buying Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock?
Aerie Pharmaceuticals' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., FMR LLC, Vanguard Group Inc., Nicholas Investment Partners LP, Handelsbanken Fonder AB, Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Prudential Financial Inc. and Bank of Nova Scotia. Company insiders that have bought Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock in the last two years include Foresite Capital Fund Ii, LP and Gerald D Cagle. View Insider Buying and Selling for Aerie Pharmaceuticals.
How do I buy Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock?
Shares of Aerie Pharmaceuticals can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock cost?
One share of Aerie Pharmaceuticals stock can currently be purchased for approximately $55.90.
Earnings History for Aerie Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AERI)Earnings History by Quarter for Aerie Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AERI)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/1/2017|| || || || || || || || |
Earnings Estimates for Aerie Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AERI)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-2.59 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-2.14 EPS
Dividend History for Aerie Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AERI)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Aerie Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AERI)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 8.77%Insider Trades by Quarter for Aerie Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AERI)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 95.69%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|4/19/2017||Gerald D Cagle||Director||Buy||2,000||$41.70||$83,400.00|| |
|2/15/2017||Geoffrey M Duyk||Director||Sell||41,591||$46.63||$1,939,388.33|| |
|10/6/2016||Foresite Capital Fund Ii, L.P.||Major Shareholder||Sell||50,000||$40.34||$2,017,000.00|| |
|7/22/2016||Foresite Capital Fund Ii, L.P.||Major Shareholder||Buy||250,000||$17.50||$4,375,000.00|| |
|4/15/2015||Anand Mehra||Director||Sell||425,000||$33.64||$14,297,000.00|| |
|1/8/2015||Lifesciences Ii L.P. Clarus||Major Shareholder||Sell||175,000||$31.11||$5,444,250.00|| |
|1/5/2015||Lifesciences Ii L.P. Clarus||Major Shareholder||Sell||23,620||$30.86||$728,913.20|| |
|12/29/2014||Lifesciences Ii L.P. Clarus||Major Shareholder||Sell||80,724||$30.05||$2,425,756.20|| |
|12/23/2014||Lifesciences Ii L.P. Clarus||Major Shareholder||Sell||49,704||$30.36||$1,509,013.44|| |
|12/22/2014||Lifesciences Ii L.P. Clarus||Major Shareholder||Sell||49,441||$30.36||$1,501,028.76|| |
|11/25/2014||Anand Mehra||Director||Sell||800,000||$26.00||$20,800,000.00|| |
|11/25/2014||Group Holdings (Sbs) Advis Tpg||Insider||Sell||1,300,000||$25.97||$33,761,000.00|| |
|7/10/2014||Group Holdings (Sbs) Advis Tpg||Major Shareholder||Sell||1,000,000||$25.17||$25,170,000.00|| |
|7/9/2014||Group Holdings (Sbs) Advis Tpg||Major Shareholder||Sell||500,000||$25.05||$12,525,000.00|| |
|5/22/2014||Anand Mehra||Director||Sell||323,932||$16.00||$5,182,912.00|| |
|5/22/2014||Iv L.P. Acp||Major Shareholder||Sell||300,000||$16.00||$4,800,000.00|| |
|5/16/2014||Gerald Cagle||Director||Buy||1,854||$15.07||$27,939.78|| |
|10/30/2013||Brian Levy||Insider||Buy||6,000||$10.00||$60,000.00|| |
|10/30/2013||Iv L.P. Acp||Major Shareholder||Buy||110,000||$10.00||$1,100,000.00|| |
|10/30/2013||Richard J Rubino||CFO||Buy||10,000||$10.00||$100,000.00|| |
|10/30/2013||Thomas A Mitro||COO||Buy||5,000||$10.00||$50,000.00|| |
|10/30/2013||Vicente Anido Jr||CEO||Buy||28,000||$10.00||$280,000.00|| |
|10/25/2013||Anand Mehra||Director||Buy||285,000||$10.00||$2,850,000.00|| |
|10/25/2013||Lifesciences Ii L.P. Clarus||Major Shareholder||Buy||321,000||$10.00||$3,210,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Aerie Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AERI)
Latest Headlines for Aerie Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AERI)
Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI) Chart for Saturday, May, 27, 2017