About Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC)
Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation is a clinical-stage biotechnology company. The Company develops gene therapy products designed to manage the lives of patients with severe diseases in ophthalmology. As of March 31, 2016, its product candidates included treatments for X-linked retinoschisis (XLRS), over two forms of achromatopsia (ACHM) and X-linked retinitis pigmentosa (XLRP). As of March 31, 2016, the Company was engaged in developing three discovery programs, targeting three indications based on its adeno-associated virus vector technologies. XLRS is an inherited retinal degenerative disease caused by mutations in the retinoschisis1 (RS1) gene. Achromatopsia is an inherited condition that is associated with visual acuity loss, extreme light sensitivity resulting in daytime blindness, and reduced or complete loss of color discrimination, achromatopsia is caused by mutations in any of several genes. The Company is also developing Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha 1).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:AGTC
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.agtc.com
- Market Cap: $73.26 million
- Outstanding Shares: 18,087,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $4.02
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $4.97
- 52 Week Range: $3.50 - $10.85
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 202.50
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -2.34
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $39.47 million
- Price / Sales: 1.86
- Book Value: $6.38 per share
- Price / Book: 0.63
- EBITDA: $2.81 million
- Net Margins: 4.28%
- Return on Equity: 1.45%
- Return on Assets: 1.05%
- Current Ratio: 4.63%
- Quick Ratio: 4.63%
- Average Volume: 167,651 shs.
- Beta: 1.63
- Short Ratio: 1.72
Frequently Asked Questions for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC)
What is Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation's stock symbol?
Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AGTC."
How were Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC) posted its earnings results on Wednesday, September, 13th. The company reported ($0.18) EPS for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.22 by $0.40. The company earned $8.30 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $12.39 million. Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation had a net margin of 4.28% and a return on equity of 1.45%. The company's quarterly revenue was down 31.4% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned $0.15 EPS. View Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation's stock going? Where will Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
7 analysts have issued 1 year price targets for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation's shares. Their predictions range from $7.00 to $16.00. On average, they expect Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation's share price to reach $11.71 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation stock:
- 1. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "Natural history data from imaging 41 patients with CNGB3-associated achromatopsia (ACHM B3) between 6 and 26 months was published in the journel Retina journal today, suggest functional endpoints for evaluating efficacy." (10/6/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation is a clinical-stage biotechnology company. It develops gene therapy products for inherited orphan ophthalmology diseases. Its lead product candidates in the preclinical stage include treatments for X-linked retinoschisis, Achromatopsia, and X-linked retinitis pigmentosa, which are diseases of the eye caused by mutations in single genes. Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation is headquartered in Alachua, Florida. " (7/25/2017)
- 3. Rodman & Renshaw analysts commented, "A leader in AAV development; first-in-man data soon and critical to investment case. AGTC's AAV (adeno-associated virus) platform is based on a proprietary viral composition and manufacturing process that are backed by strong intellectual property positions. AGTC has the capability to target specific tissue types and drive gene expression appropriate for that tissue. We believe that there is great potential to treat an array of disorders that are monogenic (single gene) and autosomal recessive or X-linked. The company is currently targeting orphan ophthalmological indications with the goal of addressing the underlying biology of the disorder.Plenty of cash to fund development. We believe the preclinical data in hand support our projected outcome for positive results from the ongoing clinical programs. We are quickly approaching critical first-in-man data in mid-2017 from the company's lead program in XLRS and initial clinical data from the ACHM program by year-end 2017. We believe these data should help correct the valuation disconnect we call to investors' attention where the stock is trading below the company's cash balance, primarily due to the early stage nature of the platform. Additionally, the company has approximately two years of cash on hand to deliver to our development projections; furthermore, the trajectory should create inflection points that include the clinical data points mentioned as well as advancing more products into development." (3/15/2017)
Who are some of Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation include Verastem (VSTM), XBiotech (XBIT), Cellular Biomedicine Group (CBMG), Immune Design Corp. (IMDZ), Verona Pharma Plc (VRP), ImmuPharma PLC (IMM), Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX), MaxCyte (MXCT), Aldeyra Therapeutics (ALDX), Axsome Therapeutics (AXSM), Synthetic Biologics (SYN), Dicerna Pharmaceuticals (DRNA), DURECT Corporation (DRRX), Summit Therapeutics PLC (SUMM), ProQR Therapeutics N.V. (PRQR), Motif Bio PLC (MTFB), Trevena (TRVN) and Otonomy (OTIC).
Who are Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation's key executives?
Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Scott Koenig M.D., Ph.D., Chairman of the Board
- Susan B. Washer, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- William A. Sullivan, Chief Financial Officer
- Jeffrey D. Chulay M.D., Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer
- Mark Shearman Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer
- Stephen B. Potter, Vice president and chief business officer
- Andrew D. Ashe, General Counsel
- Michael H. Goldstein M.D., Chief Medical Officer
- David R. Guyer M.D., Director
- Ivana Magovcevic-Liebisch Ph.D. J.D., Director
How do I buy Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation stock?
Shares of Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ AGTC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.05.
Consensus Ratings for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Hold Rating, 6 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.86)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$11.71 (189.24% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC)
Analysts' Ratings History for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/6/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Set Price Target||Hold||$9.00||N/A|
|9/14/2017||HC Wainwright||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$16.00 -> $8.00||High|
|9/14/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$14.00 -> $7.00||High|
|9/14/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Lower Price Target||Buy -> Buy||$15.00 -> $12.00||High|
|3/15/2017||Rodman & Renshaw||Initiated Coverage||Buy -> Buy||$16.00||High|
|11/9/2016||Roth Capital||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$12.00 -> $15.00||N/A|
|9/26/2016||Janney Montgomery Scott||Upgrade||Sell -> Neutral||$11.00||N/A|
|9/13/2016||Wells Fargo & Company||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||N/A|
|1/10/2016||Chardan Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$25.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC)Earnings History by Quarter for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ AGTC)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/14/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|9/13/2017||Q4 2017||$0.22||($0.18)||$12.39 million||$8.30 million||View||N/A|
|5/10/2017||Q3 2017||($0.01)||($0.05)||$10.39 million||$8.39 million||View||N/A|
|2/8/2017||Q217||$0.02||$0.11||$11.10 million||$10.90 million||View||Listen|
|11/8/2016||Q117||($0.10)||$0.20||$10.21 million||$11.80 million||View||Listen|
|9/12/2016||Q416||$0.07||$0.15||$13.10 million||$12.10 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2016||Q3||$0.05||$0.11||$12.98 million||$12.00 million||View||N/A|
|2/8/2016||Q216||($0.19)||$0.17||$8.76 million||$12.20 million||View||N/A|
|11/5/2015||Q1||($0.20)||($0.53)||$5.91 million||$11.06 million||View||N/A|
|9/10/2015||Q415||($0.41)||($0.48)||$0.63 million||$0.71 million||View||N/A|
|5/11/2015||Q315||($0.33)||($0.38)||$0.59 million||$0.28 million||View||N/A|
|2/11/2015||Q215||($0.39)||($0.28)||$0.45 million||$0.65 million||View||N/A|
|11/12/2014||Q115||($0.29)||($0.34)||$258.00 million||$705.00 million||View||N/A|
|9/26/2014||Q414||($0.29)||($0.32)||$0.23 million||$0.12 million||View||N/A|
|5/14/2014||Q114||($0.37)||($25.45)||$0.15 million||$0.23 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.36)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($1.23)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 5.60%Insider Trades by Quarter for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 54.66%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|11/16/2016||Ivana Magovcevic||Director||Buy||3,000||$9.63||$28,890.00|| |
|11/1/2016||Jeffrey D Chulay||VP||Sell||1,000||$7.05||$7,050.00|| |
|9/22/2016||Mark S Shearman||Insider||Buy||3,000||$8.87||$26,610.00|| |
|9/20/2016||Stephen W Potter||Insider||Buy||1,400||$8.89||$12,446.00|| |
|9/19/2016||Lawrence E Bullock||CFO||Buy||10,000||$8.75||$87,500.00|| |
|2/23/2015||Plc Glaxosmithkline||Major Shareholder||Sell||503,150||$22.00||$11,069,300.00|| |
|1/23/2015||Daniel L Menichella||VP||Sell||1,996||$24.90||$49,700.40|| |
|12/22/2014||Daniel L Menichella||VP||Sell||9,000||$20.83||$187,470.00|| |
|4/1/2014||Interwest Partners Viii Lp||Major Shareholder||Buy||75,376||$12.00||$904,512.00|| |
|4/1/2014||Jill Carroll||Director||Buy||103,762||$12.00||$1,245,144.00|| |
Headline Trends for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC)
Latest Headlines for Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:AGTC)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017