Achaogen, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the discovery, development and commercialization of antibacterials to treat multi-drug resistant (MDR) gram-negative infections. The Company is developing plazomicin, its lead product candidate, for the treatment of serious bacterial infections due to MDR Enterobacteriaceae, including carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae (CRE). Plazomicin is an aminoglycoside designed to overcome clinically relevant aminoglycoside resistance mechanisms. In addition, its research and development pipeline includes two programs that specifically target Pseudomonas aeruginosa or Acinetobacter baumannii infections: a program to discover and develop small molecule inhibitors of LpxC, which is an enzyme essential for the synthesis of the outer membrane of gram-negative bacteria, and a therapeutic antibody program. Its development plan for plazomicin includes over two Phase III clinical trials.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: AKAO
- Previous Close: $22.00
- 50 Day Moving Average: $17.55
- 200 Day Moving Average: $8.57
- 52-Week Range: $2.59 - $22.74
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -10.45
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Market Cap: $622.59M
- Outstanding Shares: 27,451,000
- Beta: 1.35
- Net Margins: -147.80%
- Return on Equity: -143.44%
- Return on Assets: -71.22%
Companies Related to Achaogen:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.77%
- Current Ratio: 4.00%
- Quick Ratio: 4.00%
What is Achaogen's stock symbol?
Achaogen trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AKAO."
Where is Achaogen's stock going? Where will Achaogen's stock price be in 2017?
8 equities research analysts have issued 12 month price targets for Achaogen's shares. Their predictions range from $10.00 to $30.00. On average, they expect Achaogen's share price to reach $20.00 in the next twelve months.
When will Achaogen announce their earnings?
Achaogen is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, March, 13th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Achaogen stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Achaogen stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Achaogen, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. It is focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel antibacterials to treat multi-drug resistant, or MDR, gram-negative infections. The Company is developing plazomicin, its lead product candidate, for the treatment of serious bacterial infections due to MDR enterobacteriaceae, including carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae. Achaogen, Inc. is headquartered in South San Francisco, California. " (2/13/2017)
- Wedbush analysts commented, "With a favorable risk/benefit profile demonstrated in each both CARE and EPIC patient populations, we expect plazomicin will become the treatment of choice for CRE infections. We also believe AKAO represents an attractive takeout candidate, although this may depend on additional clarity on the market opportunity and plazomicin's label potential. We are increasing our PT to $23 based on raising our pricing expectations upwards." (1/31/2017)
- Guggenheim analysts commented, "We are are initiating coverage of AKAO with a BUY rating and a $30PT. We believe the sales potential for Plazomicin and AKAO's early stage pipeline will reach sales levels not yet reflected in consensus expectations. Therefore, earnings upside and multiple expansion should drive AKAO shares higher, in our view. Our belief is supported by three points:#1 ' There is a strong likelihood that AKAO will receive approval for Plazomicin. This is because of the robust Phase 3 trial results from EPIC and CARE, and the increasing need for novel drugs to treat antibiotic-resistant bacteria.#2 ' We are optimistic about AKAO's early stage pipeline, which is a free call option on the stock, in our view. The pipeline includes small molecules and antibodies. AKAO expects to move one small molecule antibacterial into the clinic this year. AKAO will also host a R&D day in 1Q17, which should improve visibility for its early stage assets.#3 ' AKAO is an interesting company in a consolidating industry. Several antibiotic companies were acquired for $500M-$700MM. AKAO has a market cap of $613MM already, but we think AKAO has more differentiated drugs than the recently acquired companies. The largest deal was MRK's acquisition of Cubist in 2014 for $9.5B." (1/23/2017)
Cowen and Company analysts commented, "AKAO moved up Plazomicin (Plz) pivotal Ph3 EPIC cUTI top-line and CARE trial data." (11/28/2016)
Who owns Achaogen stock?
Achaogen's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (10.59%), Foresite Capital Management III LLC (9.50%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (1.37%), Bogle Investment Management L P DE (1.24%), Nicholas Investment Partners LP (0.58%) and Russell Investments Group Ltd. (0.39%). Company insiders that own Achaogen stock include Blake Wise, Equity Opportunities Iv Growth, Gary Loeb, Ian Friedland, Kenneth J Hillan, Tobin Schilke and Zeryn Sarpangal.
Who bought Achaogen stock? Who is buying Achaogen stock?
Achaogen's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Foresite Capital Management III LLC, Bogle Investment Management L P DE, FMR LLC, Nicholas Investment Partners LP, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Renaissance Technologies LLC, Paulson & CO. Inc. and Alyeska Investment Group L.P..
How do I buy Achaogen stock?
Shares of Achaogen can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Achaogen stock cost?
One share of Achaogen stock can currently be purchased for approximately $22.68.