About Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL)
Fossil Group, Inc. is a design, marketing and distribution company that specializes in consumer fashion accessories. The Company's segments include Americas, Europe and Asia. Each segment includes sales to wholesale and distributor customers, and sales through the Company-owned retail stores and e-commerce activities based on the location of the selling entity. The Americas segment includes sales to customers based in Canada, Latin America and the United States. The Europe segment includes sales to customers based in European countries, the Middle East and Africa. The Asia segment includes sales to customers based in Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. The Company's principal offerings include a line of men's and women's fashion watches and jewelry, handbags, small leather goods, belts, sunglasses and soft accessories.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Watches
- Sub-Industry: Apparel Accessories & Luxury Goods
- Symbol: NASDAQ:FOSL
- CUSIP: 34988210
- Web: www.fossil.com
- Market Cap: $432.82 million
- Outstanding Shares: 48,521,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $8.79
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $11.13
- 52 Week Range: $6.80 - $36.87
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 12.28
- P/E Growth: -4.69
- Annual Revenue: $2.88 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.16
- Book Value: $13.26 per share
- Price / Book: 0.69
- EBITDA: $179.11 million
- Net Margins: -11.33%
- Return on Equity: 6.34%
- Return on Assets: 2.77%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.94%
- Current Ratio: 3.15%
- Quick Ratio: 1.66%
- Average Volume: 2.63 million shs.
- Beta: 0.75
- Short Ratio: 7.1
Frequently Asked Questions for Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL)
What is Fossil Group's stock symbol?
Fossil Group trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "FOSL."
How were Fossil Group's earnings last quarter?
Fossil Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:FOSL) posted its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, August, 8th. The company reported ($0.23) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.28) by $0.05. The company had revenue of $596.80 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $617.89 million. Fossil Group had a positive return on equity of 6.34% and a negative net margin of 11.33%. Fossil Group's revenue was down 12.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the firm posted $0.12 EPS. View Fossil Group's Earnings History.
What guidance has Fossil Group issued on next quarter's earnings?
Fossil Group updated its FY17 earnings guidance on Tuesday, August, 8th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of ($0.32)-0.48 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of ($0.19). Fossil Group also updated its Q3 guidance to ($0.38)-(0.05) EPS.
Where is Fossil Group's stock going? Where will Fossil Group's stock price be in 2017?
16 brokerages have issued 12-month price objectives for Fossil Group's stock. Their forecasts range from $7.00 to $42.00. On average, they expect Fossil Group's share price to reach $16.00 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Fossil Group.
What are analysts saying about Fossil Group stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Fossil Group stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Shares of Fossil have declined and underperformed the industry in the last six months. This downside can be attributed to a decline in the company's traditional watches, softness in leather and jewelry business along with a tough retail landscape. Moreover, it is facing economic challenges in many of its key international markets. Consequently, the company’s sales have lagged the Zacks Consensus Estimate in nine of the trailing 11 quarters. Though the Watches category is likely to remain sluggish due to increased competition and volatility in sales pattern, Fossil’s expansion in connected wearables and smartwatches are expected to gain momentum. Meanwhile, the company focuses on a restructuring program named New World Fossil. This program aims at improving the financial performance of its namesake brand alongside building an improved operating platform to drive long-term shareholder value." (10/17/2017)
- 2. Mizuho analysts commented, "After perusing FOSL's 10-K, we maintain our negative position after disappointing 2017 guide that reflects a transitional year as FOSL pursues the smart watch and wearables opportunity (placing additional pressure on SG&A from a jump in R&D). In addition to declining margins across Americas and Europe segments coupled with ongoing decline in the important Michael Kors business, FOSL will also be losing the Adidas and Burberry licenses in FY17. From a capital allocation perspective, FOSL exited FY16 with net debt position of $339mm and is restricted from any share repurchase activity. Please find key extractions from the filing below." (3/3/2017)
- 3. Wells Fargo & Company analysts commented, "After reviewing FOSL's 10-K filing, we uncovered a few interesting details that help support our Underperform rating. Specifically, key concerns uncovered in the filing include 1) the company is now generating steep losses in the U.S. (with minimal cash domestically and little-to-no capacity to add more debt), 2) the company is losing two brands this year (previously known), but one of those brands (Adidas) is exiting the partnership nine months early (March 31st), 3) price points across much of the portfolio are coming down (particularly among licensed brands) despite the introduction of higher-priced smartwatches and 4) sales declines at the Michael Kors brand are accelerating (-16% in 2016 following -11% in 2015). All in, we believe FOSL continues to face various operational headwinds (category disintermediation, normalization of the Kors brand, BS/cash flow concerns), presenting considerable downside risk to the stock (our FY17/FY18 EPS estimates of $0.85/$1.00 are well below the Street's $0.97/$1.20 forecasts)." (3/3/2017)
- 4. Instinet analysts commented, "After a romantic Valentine's spent deciphering guidance, we fear the pressures of selling a challenged product into a challenged channel will persist. We do wonder if the 1Q sales deceleration will prove conservative & note the flat constant FX 4Q watch performance bodes well for wearables. However, it seems the company is stuck between a fossil and a hard place, as the one category that is growing is margin dilutive and its ultimate scalability remains unproven at the same time mgmt is suggesting it will drop price to move units. Without valuation support, we remain concerned pressures will remain. On the back of earnings & the lower guide, we lower our TP to $15. FY17E EPS at $1.73; FY18E EPS at $1.95" (2/15/2017)
Are investors shorting Fossil Group?
Fossil Group saw a decline in short interest during the month of September. As of September 15th, there was short interest totalling 15,386,790 shares, a decline of 10.2% from the August 31st total of 17,125,021 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 2,215,912 shares, the short-interest ratio is currently 6.9 days. Approximately 35.8% of the company's stock are short sold.
Who are some of Fossil Group's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Fossil Group include Ethan Allen Interiors (ETH), Sonic Automotive (SAH), DineEquity (DIN), Buckle, Inc. (The) (BKE), PC Connection (CNXN), DEBENHAMS ADR (DBHSY), PetMed Express (PETS), Biglari Holdings (BH), Regis Corporation (RGS), Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD), BJ's Restaurants (BJRI), Ruth's Hospitality Group (RUTH), Movado Group (MOV), 1-800 FLOWERS.COM (FLWS), Farmer Brothers Company (FARM), Barnes & Noble (BKS), Nautilus Group, Inc. (The) (NLS) and Haverty Furniture Companies (HVT).
Who are Fossil Group's key executives?
Fossil Group's management team includes the folowing people:
- Kosta N. Kartsotis, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Dennis R. Secor, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer
- John A. White, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Darren E. Hart, Executive Vice President - Human Resources
- Eric Lloyd Anderson, Executive Vice President of Portfolio
- Randy C. Belcher, Executive Vice President, Asia Pacific
- Steve A. Evans, Executive Vice President, Fossil Brand
- Hans-Peter Gehmacher, Executive Vice President, EMEA
- Gregory A. McKelvey, Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy and Digital Officer
- James M. Zimmerman, Lead Independent Director
Who owns Fossil Group stock?
Fossil Group's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include
CLASSIC FUND MANAGEMENT AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT
CLASSIC FUND MANAGEMENT AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT
(5.30%) and Shell Asset Management Co. (0.01%). Company insiders that own Fossil Group stock include Darren E Hart, Elaine B Agather, Elysia Holt Ragusa, Gregory A Mckelvey, James M Zimmerman, John A White, Kosta N Kartsotis and Martin Frey. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Fossil Group.
Who bought Fossil Group stock? Who is buying Fossil Group stock?
Fossil Group's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Shell Asset Management Co.. Company insiders that have bought Fossil Group stock in the last two years include Darren E Hart, Gregory A Mckelvey, James M Zimmerman, John A White and Martin Frey. View Insider Buying and Selling for Fossil Group.
How do I buy Fossil Group stock?
Shares of Fossil Group can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Fossil Group's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Fossil Group (NASDAQ FOSL)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Fossil Group and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Fossil Group stock can currently be purchased for approximately $9.21.
Consensus Ratings for Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||4 Sell Ratings, 10 Hold Ratings, 2 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 1.88)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$16.00 (73.72% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL)
Analysts' Ratings History for Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL)
(Data available from 10/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/12/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Set Price Target||Hold||$10.00||N/A|
|8/10/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Underperform||$8.00 -> $7.00||Low|
|8/9/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$13.00||Low|
|8/9/2017||Buckingham Research||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$10.00 -> $9.00||Low|
|8/9/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Set Price Target||Sell||$10.00 -> $7.00||High|
|8/9/2017||Telsey Advisory Group||Lower Price Target||Market Perform||$13.00 -> $11.00||High|
|5/10/2017||Instinet||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$15.00 -> $13.00||High|
|5/10/2017||Cowen and Company||Lower Price Target||Market Perform||$15.00 -> $12.00||High|
|3/16/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Hold||Low|
|3/3/2017||Macquarie||Lower Price Target||Underperform -> Underperform||$16.00 -> $12.00||N/A|
|2/1/2017||Evercore ISI||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|11/16/2016||Pacific Crest||Upgrade||Underweight -> Overweight||$42.00||N/A|
|5/13/2016||S&P Equity Research||Downgrade||Buy -> Strong Sell||$22.00||N/A|
|5/11/2016||Topeka Capital Markets||Lower Price Target||Buy||$60.00 -> $44.00||N/A|
|2/18/2016||Standpoint Research||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|12/18/2015||Goldman Sachs Group Inc||Downgrade||Neutral -> Sell||$26.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL)Earnings History by Quarter for Fossil Group (NASDAQ FOSL)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/8/2017||Q2 2017||($0.28)||($0.23)||$617.89 million||$596.80 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2017||Q1 2017||($0.21)||($0.35)||$590.51 million||$582.00 million||View||Listen|
|2/14/2017||Q416||$1.21||$1.03||$977.13 million||$959.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2016||Q316||$0.31||$0.36||$739.12 million||$738.00 million||View||N/A|
|8/9/2016||Q216||$0.09||$0.12||$670.97 million||$685.00 million||View||N/A|
|5/10/2016||Q116||$0.15||$0.12||$666.36 million||$659.80 million||View||Listen|
|2/16/2016||Q415||$1.30||$1.46||$927.11 million||$992.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/12/2015||Q315||$1.13||$1.19||$793.72 million||$771.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/11/2015||Q215||$0.82||$1.12||$749.38 million||$740.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2015||Q115||$0.64||$0.75||$732.00 million||$725.00 million||View||N/A|
|2/17/2015||Q414||$3.07||$3.00||$1.12 billion||$1.07 billion||View||N/A|
|11/11/2014||Q314||$1.82||$1.96||$878.51 million||$894.50 million||View||N/A|
|8/12/2014||Q214||$0.96||$0.98||$771.01 million||$773.80 million||View||Listen|
|5/13/2014||Q114||$1.17||$1.22||$771.55 million||$776.50 million||View||Listen|
|2/11/2014||Q413||$2.44||$2.68||$1.02 billion||$1.06 billion||View||Listen|
|11/5/2013||Q313||$1.36||$1.58||$772.46 million||$810.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2013||Q2 2013||$0.93||$1.10||$691.20 million||$706.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/7/2013||Q1 2013||$0.97||$1.10||$650.99 million||$680.90 million||View||N/A|
|2/12/2013||Q4 2012||$2.26||$2.27||$930.43 million||$948.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/6/2012||Q312||$1.17||$1.26||$713.09 million||$684.20 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.90
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.31
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 12.80%Insider Trades by Quarter for Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/29/2017||Gregory A. Mckelvey||Insider||Buy||5,712||$8.73||$49,865.76|| |
|8/25/2017||Gregory A. Mckelvey||Insider||Buy||5,988||$8.35||$49,999.80|| |
|8/25/2017||James M. Zimmerman||Director||Buy||36,000||$8.30||$298,800.00|| |
|8/23/2017||John A. White||VP||Buy||13,000||$7.26||$94,380.00|| |
|8/23/2017||Martin Frey||EVP||Buy||7,100||$7.25||$51,475.00|| |
|8/22/2017||Darren E. Hart||Insider||Buy||14,347||$6.99||$100,285.53|| |
|8/11/2017||Gregory A. Mckelvey||Insider||Buy||32,798||$8.51||$279,110.98|| |
|6/14/2017||Kosta N. Kartsotis||Chairman||Sell||625,000||$9.73||$6,081,250.00|| |
|6/9/2017||Kosta N Kartsotis||Chairman||Sell||520,281||$10.71||$5,572,209.51|| |
|5/30/2017||Kosta N Kartsotis||Chairman||Sell||1,075,000||$11.29||$12,136,750.00|| |
|12/15/2016||Elaine B. Agather||Director||Sell||1,800||$31.77||$57,186.00|| |
|12/9/2016||Darren E. Hart||Insider||Sell||13,125||$34.42||$451,762.50|| |
|12/8/2015||Elysia Holt Ragusa||Director||Sell||2,718||$37.07||$100,756.26|| |
|12/15/2014||Jal S Shroff||Director||Sell||10,000||$106.38||$1,063,800.00|| |
|12/10/2014||Jal S Shroff||Director||Sell||20,000||$107.37||$2,147,400.00|| |
|11/24/2014||Jeffrey N Boyer||Director||Sell||15,000||$110.02||$1,650,300.00|| |
|8/27/2014||Elaine B Agather||Director||Sell||2,500||$102.54||$256,350.00|| |
|8/21/2014||Jennifer Pritchard||Insider||Sell||5,539||$100.00||$553,900.00|| |
|3/17/2014||Darren Hart||EVP||Sell||2,198||$112.89||$248,132.22|| |
|3/5/2014||Mark Quick||Director||Sell||1,471||$113.11||$166,384.81|| |
|12/11/2013||Jal Shroff||Director||Sell||12,762||$122.41||$1,562,196.42|| |
|12/2/2013||Jal Shroff||Director||Sell||7,238||$126.57||$916,113.66|| |
|9/25/2013||Jal Shroff||Director||Sell||15,000||$117.12||$1,756,800.00|| |
|9/18/2013||Mark Quick||Director||Sell||4,000||$114.33||$457,320.00|| |
|9/11/2013||Jal S Shroff||Director||Sell||15,000||$113.86||$1,707,900.00|| |
|8/13/2013||Jal Shroff||Director||Sell||4,456||$120.08||$535,076.48|| |
|8/8/2013||Darren Hart||EVP||Sell||1,040||$121.25||$126,100.00|| |
|6/10/2013||James M Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,250||$105.38||$131,725.00|| |
|5/28/2013||Darren E Hart||EVP||Sell||1,641||$106.45||$174,684.45|| |
|5/28/2013||Jennifer Pritchard||Insider||Sell||6,692||$107.75||$721,063.00|| |
|5/23/2013||Donald J Stone||Director||Sell||10,000||$105.08||$1,050,800.00|| |
Headline Trends for Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL)
Latest Headlines for Fossil Group (NASDAQ:FOSL)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Fossil Group (FOSL) Chart for Saturday, October, 21, 2017