About AMAG Pharmaceuticals
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company's segment is the manufacture, development and commercialization of products and services for use in treating various conditions, with a focus on maternal health, anemia management and cancer supportive care. Its offerings focus on maternal health, anemia management and cancer supportive care, including its product, Makena (hydroxyprogesterone caproate injection); services related to the collection, processing and storage of umbilical cord blood stem cell and cord tissue units operated through Cord Blood Registry (CBR); its product, Feraheme (ferumoxytol), for intravenous (IV) use, and MuGard Mucoadhesive Oral Wound Rinse. It is engaged in the development of Digoxin immune fab, a polyclonal antibody for the treatment of severe preeclampsia in pregnant women. Makena is a drug indicated to reduce the risk of preterm birth in women pregnant with a single baby having a history of singleton spontaneous preterm birth.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Diagnostic Substances
- Sub-Industry: Biotechnology
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: AMAG
- CUSIP: 00163U10
- Previous Close: $23.30
- 50 Day Moving Average: $23.74
- 200 Day Moving Average: $26.95
- 52-Week Range: $17.92 - $36.83
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 6.87
- P/E Growth: -0.30
- Market Cap: $827.57M
- Outstanding Shares: 34,339,000
- Beta: 1.09
- Net Margins: 3.12%
- Return on Equity: 11.10%
- Return on Assets: 4.13%
Companies Related to AMAG Pharmaceuticals:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.99%
- Current Ratio: 2.24%
- Quick Ratio: 2.12%
What is AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
AMAG Pharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AMAG."
Where is AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock going? Where will AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock price be in 2017?
12 equities research analysts have issued 12 month price objectives for AMAG Pharmaceuticals' shares. Their predictions range from $24.00 to $45.00. On average, they expect AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock price to reach $31.78 in the next year.
When will AMAG Pharmaceuticals announce their earnings?
AMAG Pharmaceuticals is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, May, 1st 2017.
What are analysts saying about AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock:
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "No surprise vs. pre-announced 4Q16 results on 1/9/17. Another acquisition of women's health product Intrarosa also fails to excite investors (following Rekynda on 1/9/17). Given ongoing concerns, near-term we view limited upside; medium/long-term share price recovery would likely be driven by timely approval/successful launch of Makena 3.0 & strong Intrarosa uptake providing confidence in its commercial potential, which may not be materialized until ~2018." (2/15/2017)
- Guggenheim analysts commented, "Despite near-term setbacks, we continue to believe patience will be rewarded for AMAG investors with a longer-term horizon. However we are lowering our price target to $28 from $42. Our PT reduction is driven by lowered expectations for Makena life cycle extension. We believe Makena Sub-Q will face a challenging reimbursement environment, if approved, given the pain and Cmax PK data released this morning and expect generics to capture the majority of the market from '18+. Longer term stock price appreciation could be driven by Feraheme label expansion, CBR durability, Business Development, and Rekynda keep us positive." (2/2/2017)
Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "Rekindling desire with Rekynda. On January 9, AMAG announced that it obtained a North American licensing from Palatin Technologies (PTN, not covered) for Rekynda to treat hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in pre- menopausal women. Safety and efficacy were established in two Phase 3 clinical trials and AMAG expects to file an NDA in early 2018. HSDD market is large and lacking in effective treatments. AMAG believes the U.S. population of patients with HSDD is 15 million, 5.8 million of which are pre-menopausal. An estimated 800,000 women are being treated for HSDD and 2.2 million are diagnosed but not treated." (1/20/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "We are concerned about AMAG’s dependence on sales of Makena, which primarily drives the company’s top line. We are also concerned about the company’s iron replacement therapy, Feraheme, which faces patent challenge in the U.S. In addition, inclusion of a boxed warning in Feraheme’s label is concerning. Moreover, termination of the marketing agreement with Takeda is a major setback for the company. Stiff competition and generic threats remain a woe as well. Estimates are stable ahead the company’s Q4 release. The company has recorded an average negative earnings surprise over the four trailing quarters. However, AMAG’s shares have outperformed the Medical-Biomedical/Genetics industry in the past one year." (1/9/2017)
Who owns AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock?
AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Patrick Lee, MD (9.78%), Palo Alto Investors LLC (9.78%), Janus Capital Management LLC (9.55%), State Street Corp (4.21%), Numeric Investors LLC (2.74%) and Renaissance Technologies LLC (1.50%). Company insiders that own AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock include Frank E Thomas, John A Fallon, Julie Krop, Scott A Holmes and William K Heiden.
Who sold AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock? Who is selling AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock?
AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State Street Corp, Janus Capital Management LLC, Putnam Investments LLC, Oxford Asset Management, Kingdon Capital Management L.L.C., GRT Capital Partners L.L.C., AQR Capital Management LLC and GSA Capital Partners LLP.
Who bought AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock? Who is buying AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock?
AMAG Pharmaceuticals' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, Numeric Investors LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Bogle Investment Management L P DE, Arrowstreet Capital Limited Partnership, Systematic Financial Management LP, Federated Investors Inc. PA and A.R.T. Advisors LLC.
How do I buy AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock?
Shares of AMAG Pharmaceuticals can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock cost?
One share of AMAG Pharmaceuticals stock can currently be purchased for approximately $24.10.