About Arena Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARNA)
Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on developing novel small molecule drugs for various therapeutic areas in the United States and Switzerland. Its proprietary investigational clinical programs include ralinepag (APD811), which is in Phase III trial to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension; etrasimod that is in Phase II trials for treating immune and inflammatory conditions with primary focus on ulcerative colitis and hepatic conditions, as well as for primary biliary cholangitis and pyoderma gangrenosum; and APD371, which is in Phase II trial for the treatment of pain associated with Crohn's disease. The company has collaboration agreements with Everest Medicines Limited; Axovant Sciences GmbH; Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH; Eisai Co., Ltd.; and Eisai Inc. Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1997 and is based in San Diego, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Pharmaceutical preparations
Trailing P/E Ratio-18.81
Forward P/E Ratio-17.48
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$21.34 million
Price / Sales114.12
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$5.28 per share
Price / Book9.37
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($2.63)
Return on Equity-34.08%
Return on Assets-23.82%
Arena Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARNA) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Arena Pharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
Arena Pharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ARNA."
When did Arena Pharmaceuticals' stock split? How did Arena Pharmaceuticals' stock split work?
Arena Pharmaceuticals shares reverse split before market open on Monday, June 19th 2017. The 1-10 reverse split was announced on Wednesday, June 14th 2017. The number of shares owned by shareholders was adjusted after the closing bell on Friday, June 16th 2017. An investor that had 100 shares of Arena Pharmaceuticals stock prior to the reverse split would have 10 shares after the split.
How were Arena Pharmaceuticals' earnings last quarter?
Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARNA) announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 8th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.80) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.68) by $0.12. The biopharmaceutical company had revenue of $1.76 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $4.02 million. Arena Pharmaceuticals had a negative return on equity of 34.08% and a negative net margin of 321.04%. The company's revenue for the quarter was up 5.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business posted ($0.90) EPS. View Arena Pharmaceuticals' Earnings History.
When is Arena Pharmaceuticals' next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for ARNA?
8 analysts have issued twelve-month price objectives for Arena Pharmaceuticals' stock. Their predictions range from $44.00 to $79.00. On average, they expect Arena Pharmaceuticals' stock price to reach $58.8750 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Arena Pharmaceuticals.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Arena Pharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Arena Pharmaceuticals stock:
- 1. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Arena mgmt provided a corporate update today in a 4Q17 conference call. Mgmt reiterated guidance for top-line results from etrasimod Phase 2 trial in Ulcerative Colitis (UC) later this month. Preclinical and Phase 1 data suggest the drug has the potential for differentiation in the S1P receptor modulator space. We await outcome, maintaining HOLD. Mgmt also discussed ralinepag Phase 3 trial design in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH). Three trials are planned, two of which mgmt believes are independently sufficient for regulatory approval. Mgmt plans to provide more details around cost and time to completion mid-2018 after protocols are finalized." (3/14/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Arena’s only approved product is Belviq, used for chronic weight management. Though it was the first obesity drug to be approved by the FDA in over a decade, is yet to impress with its performance. However, the company’s partnership agreements and efforts to improve the performance of the drug are impressive. We are also encouraged by the company’s cost-reduction initiatives to streamline the organization to support its development programs. Shares of the company have outperformed the industry in the last one year. On the flip side, Arena’s pipeline consists of early-to-mid stage candidates, still several years from commercialization. Plus, competition remains intense in the obesity market with both branded and generic players. " (3/9/2018)
- 3. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "KOL event could fill in some important blank spaces. ARNA will host a lunch event on January 29 (12:30-1:30 pm) in NYC with two physician consultants to discuss modulators of S1P receptors and etrasimod, specifically. We believe the event could be helpful for investors as it relates to understanding important pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of the drug candidate that we highlighted in a recent research report (here)." (1/17/2018)
Who are some of Arena Pharmaceuticals' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Arena Pharmaceuticals include Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl (VRX), BeiGene (BGNE), Genmab A/S (GNMSF), Alkermes (ALKS), SAGE Therapeutics (SAGE), Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT), Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS), Dr.Reddy's Laboratories (RDY), Catalent (CTLT), Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO), Loxo Oncology (LOXO), United Therapeutics (UTHR), GALAPAGOS NV/S (GLPG), FibroGen (FGEN) and Taro Pharmaceutical Industries (TARO).
Who are Arena Pharmaceuticals' key executives?
Arena Pharmaceuticals' management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Amit D. Munshi, Chief Exec. Officer, Pres and Director (Age 50)
- Mr. Kevin R. Lind, Chief Financial Officer and Exec. VP (Age 42)
- Mr. Steven W. Spector J.D., Exec. VP, Gen. Counsel and Sec. (Age 53)
- Mr. Vincent E. Aurentz, Chief Bus. Officer and Exec. VP (Age 50)
- Ms. Cate Scanlon, VP of Global HR
Has Arena Pharmaceuticals been receiving favorable news coverage?
News articles about ARNA stock have been trending somewhat positive on Sunday, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. The research firm identifies positive and negative press coverage by reviewing more than twenty million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Arena Pharmaceuticals earned a daily sentiment score of 0.10 on Accern's scale. They also gave news headlines about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 46.61 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the immediate future.
Who are Arena Pharmaceuticals' major shareholders?
Arena Pharmaceuticals' stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (10.92%), BlackRock Inc. (8.45%), Northern Trust Corp (1.10%), Rock Springs Capital Management LP (0.76%), Point72 Asset Management L.P. (0.69%) and Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. (0.44%). Company insiders that own Arena Pharmaceuticals stock include Amit Munshi and Steven W Spector. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Arena Pharmaceuticals.
Which institutional investors are selling Arena Pharmaceuticals stock?
ARNA stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BNP Paribas Arbitrage SA, A.R.T. Advisors LLC, X Square Capital LLC, Teacher Retirement System of Texas, GSA Capital Partners LLP, The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and Legal & General Group Plc. View Insider Buying and Selling for Arena Pharmaceuticals.
Which institutional investors are buying Arena Pharmaceuticals stock?
ARNA stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Point72 Asset Management L.P., Rock Springs Capital Management LP, Senzar Asset Management LLC, DAFNA Capital Management LLC, Prosight Management LP, Allianz Asset Management GmbH and Allianz Asset Management GmbH. View Insider Buying and Selling for Arena Pharmaceuticals.
How do I buy shares of Arena Pharmaceuticals?
Shares of ARNA can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Arena Pharmaceuticals' stock price today?
One share of ARNA stock can currently be purchased for approximately $49.47.
How big of a company is Arena Pharmaceuticals?
Arena Pharmaceuticals has a market capitalization of $2.44 billion and generates $21.34 million in revenue each year. The biopharmaceutical company earns $-91,400,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($2.63) on an earnings per share basis. Arena Pharmaceuticals employs 159 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Arena Pharmaceuticals?
Arena Pharmaceuticals' mailing address is 6154 Nancy Ridge Drive, San Diego CA, 92121. The biopharmaceutical company can be reached via phone at 858-453-7200 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Arena Pharmaceuticals and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe ARNA will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe ARNA will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.