Cytokinetics, Incorporated is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on discovering, developing and commercializing first-in-class muscle activators as potential treatments for debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. It is focused on the discovery and development of small molecule therapeutics that modulate muscle function for the treatment of serious diseases and medical conditions. Its drug candidates, which are in clinical development include tirasemtiv, CK-2127107 and omecamtiv mecarbil. Its tirasemtiv and CK-2127107 are skeletal muscle troponin activators. It is developing tirasemtiv drug candidate for the treatment of Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). The Company is developing CK-2127107 for the potential treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and ALS. The Omecamtiv mecarbil is a cardiac muscle myosin activator, which is being evaluated for the treatment of heart failure.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: CYTK
- Previous Close: $11.25
- 50 Day Moving Average: $11.52
- 200 Day Moving Average: $10.77
- 52-Week Range: $40,581,000.00 - $6.00
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 28.85
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -6.47
- P/E Growth: -0.37
- Market Cap: $456.54M
- Outstanding Shares: 40,581,000
- Beta: 1.79
- Net Margins: -1.70%
- Return on Equity: -2.17%
- Return on Assets: -1.14%
Companies Related to Cytokinetics:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.35%
- Current Ratio: 5.32%
- Quick Ratio: 5.05%
What is Cytokinetics' stock symbol?
Cytokinetics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CYTK."
Where is Cytokinetics' stock going? Where will Cytokinetics' stock price be in 2017?
8 brokers have issued 12-month price targets for Cytokinetics' shares. Their predictions range from $14.00 to $24.00. On average, they expect Cytokinetics' share price to reach $18.88 in the next year.
When will Cytokinetics announce their earnings?
Cytokinetics is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 26th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Cytokinetics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cytokinetics stock:
- Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "We rate CYTK Overweight and maintain our $21 price target. Cytokinetics has three late-stage programs with quality partners that should begin to read data out in the next year. The company is targeting substantial unmet medical needs and has been methodically pursuing clinical development for its candidates. We think the major overhangs have receded from the shares and that, with near-term data on the horizon, the shares have opportunity for valuation expansion." (2/17/2017)
- FBR & Co analysts commented, "On February 16, CYTK announced 4Q16 results dominated by the achievement of significant milestones in its cardiac muscle-directed clinical program (omecamtiv mecarbil, or OM) and important milestones in its skeletal muscle program (tirasemtiv and CK-2127107), which we think will continue to emerge in value in 2017. One highlight was the initiation of the GALACTIC-HF Phase III outcomes trial with OM by its partner Amgen. Another 4Q highlight was enrollment of the first patient in the open-label VIGOR-ALS trial with tirasemtiv, designed to assess the safety of tirasemtiv, which would be directed for long-term daily use in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, or Lou Gehrig's Disease). We think CYTK's valuation is disconnected from the value of the more than $1B in milestone payments that CYTK could realize from its partners. Therefore, we reiterate our Outperform rating." (2/17/2017)
- Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "On Thursday AMC Cytokinetics reported 4Q16 financial results, including $33M in revenues and $156M in YE16 cash. Following the recent Royalty Pharma transaction for omecamtiv , Cytokinetics' balance sheet should now fund pipeline progress to 2H18. With this transaction complete, we like the set-up into higher-risk/higher-reward endeavors during 2017. In this category, we include exploratory data for second-gen '107 in SMA and COPD during 2H17, as well as potentially pivotal data for tirasemtiv in ALS during 4Q17. Positive results here could enhance conviction for the troponin activation platform, and point to the company's first commercial-stage product in ALS. In advance of this potentially transformative clinical progress in the next ~12 months, we reiterate OW." (2/17/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cytokinetics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing first-in-class muscle activators as potential treatments for debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or deteriorating. With an unmatched understanding of muscle biology and mechanics of muscle performance, the company is developing small molecule drug candidates engineered to increase muscle function and contractility. Cytokinetics' lead drug candidate is tirasemtiv, a fast skeletal muscle activator, for the potential treatment of ALS. Tirasemtiv has been granted orphan drug designation and fast track status by the FDA and orphan medicinal product designation by the EMA. Cytokinetics is collaborating with Amgen Inc. to develop omecamtiv mecarbil, a novel cardiac muscle activator, for the potential treatment of heart failure, and with Astellas Pharma Inc. to develop CK-2127107, a fast skeletal muscle activator, for the potential treatment of spinal muscular atrophy. " (2/7/2017)
- Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "The Phase III VITALITY-ALS study of tirasemtiv in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is expected to read out by year end. The Phase IIb study missed its primary endpoint, leading to low investor expectations of the outcome for Phase III. However, this well powered (n=711) trial hit on the pre-specified secondary endpoint of slow vital capacity (SVC) with high statistical significance (p=0.0006) and SVC is the primary endpoint in VITALITY. Cytokinetics owns US and European rights to tirasemtiv and intends to commercialize the drug on its own. We forecast >$300M in 2022 US sales. Following a recent royalty financing, we estimate Cytokinetics holds >$230M in pro forma cash, which we believe is more than adequate to launch tirasemtiv." (2/6/2017)
Who owns Cytokinetics stock?
Cytokinetics' stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (12.83%), Lansdowne Partners UK LLP (5.73%), State Street Corp (2.22%), Palo Alto Investors LLC (0.31%), EcoR1 Capital LLC (0.14%) and Keybank National Association OH (0.10%). Company insiders that own Cytokinetics stock include Andrew A Wolff, Fady Ibraham Malik and L Patrick Gage.
Who sold Cytokinetics stock? Who is selling Cytokinetics stock?
Cytokinetics' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including EcoR1 Capital LLC, State Street Corp, Two Sigma Investments LP, Tudor Investment Corp Et Al, AQR Capital Management LLC and Keybank National Association OH.
Who bought Cytokinetics stock? Who is buying Cytokinetics stock?
Cytokinetics' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, A.R.T. Advisors LLC, Bayesian Capital Management LP, Dynamic Technology Lab Private Ltd and Fortaleza Asset Management Inc..
How do I buy Cytokinetics stock?
Shares of Cytokinetics can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Cytokinetics stock cost?
One share of Cytokinetics stock can currently be purchased for approximately $11.25.