About Buffalo Wild Wings (NASDAQ:BWLD)
Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. is the owner, operator and franchisor of restaurants. As of December 25, 2016, the Company's made-to-order menu items included 16 sauces and five seasonings, ranging from Sweet BBQ to Blazin. The Company's restaurants offer 20 to 40 domestic and imported beers on tap, including craft brews, and a selection of bottled beers, wines and liquor. As of December 25, 2016, the Company had company-owned or franchised restaurants in all 50 states and two Canadian provinces. Its franchised restaurants also operate in Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Philippines, Panama and the United Arab Emirates. The Company operates Buffalo Wild Wings, R Taco and PizzaRev restaurants, as well as sells Buffalo Wild Wings and R Taco restaurant franchises. In addition to traditional and boneless chicken wings, the Company's menu features a range of food items, including sharables, hamburgers, sandwiches, wraps, Buffalito soft tacos, and salads.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Trailing P/E RatioN/A
Forward P/E Ratio31.45
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.99 billion
Price / Sales1.23
Cash Flow$13.5653 per share
Price / Cash11.57
Book Value$28.45 per share
Price / Book5.52
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)N/A
Net Income$94.74 million
Return on Equity28.88%
Return on Assets7.78%
Buffalo Wild Wings (NASDAQ:BWLD) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Buffalo Wild Wings' stock symbol?
Buffalo Wild Wings trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "BWLD."
How will Buffalo Wild Wings' stock buyback program work?
Buffalo Wild Wings declared that its board has authorized a stock repurchase program on Monday, April 10th 2017, which allows the company to repurchase $400,000,000.00 in shares, according to EventVestor. This repurchase authorization allows the company to buy up to 14.2% of its stock through open market purchases. Stock repurchase programs are usually a sign that the company's leadership believes its shares are undervalued.
How were Buffalo Wild Wings' earnings last quarter?
Buffalo Wild Wings (NASDAQ:BWLD) announced its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, October, 25th. The restaurant operator reported $1.36 earnings per share for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $0.79 by $0.57. The restaurant operator had revenue of $496.70 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $500.97 million. Buffalo Wild Wings had a return on equity of 28.88% and a net margin of 3.63%. The business's quarterly revenue was up .5% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the company earned $1.23 earnings per share. View Buffalo Wild Wings' Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for BWLD?
21 brokerages have issued 12 month price objectives for Buffalo Wild Wings' shares. Their predictions range from $105.00 to $160.00. On average, they anticipate Buffalo Wild Wings' stock price to reach $141.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Buffalo Wild Wings.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Buffalo Wild Wings stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Buffalo Wild Wings stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Various innovative initiatives undertaken by Buffalo Wild Wings like menu innovation, promotional and value offerings, roll-out of loyalty program and delivery, enhancement of digital capabilities along with international expansion are positives. The move to try small, fast food style stores given consumers inclination toward to-go and in-home dining experiences also bodes well. Notably, the company's earnings and revenues have been mostly missing the Zacks Consensus Estimate in the trailing 11 quarters. Moreover, the company’s comps have been under pressure due to the choppy restaurant sales environment. The menu price increases made by the company might affect traffic trends in the near term, thereby further weighing on traffic. Buffalo Wild Wings’ shares underperformed the industry in the past year. Earnings estimates for 2017 have gone up in the past 60 days." (2/5/2018)
- 2. Maxim Group analysts commented, "We maintain our Buy rating on Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD), though lower our price target to $145, from $160, following a company investor presentation yesterday." (9/19/2017)
Who are Buffalo Wild Wings' key executives?
Buffalo Wild Wings' management team includes the folowing people:
- Jerry R. Rose, Independent Chairman of the Board (Age 66)
- Alexander H. Ware, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President, Treasurer (Age 55)
- Emily C. Decker, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary (Age 37)
- Jeffrey B. Sorum, Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller (Age 53)
- Andrew D. Block, Senior Vice President - Talent Management (Age 48)
- Lee R. Patterson, Senior Vice President - Enterprise Strategy, Brand and Innovation (Age 42)
- Santiago M. Abraham, Chief Information Officer (Age 43)
- Cynthia L. Davis, Independent Director (Age 55)
- Andre J. Fernandez, Independent Director (Age 48)
- Harry L. Lawton, Independent Director (Age 43)
Has Buffalo Wild Wings been receiving favorable news coverage?
News articles about BWLD stock have trended somewhat positive this week, Accern Sentiment reports. Accern scores the sentiment of news coverage by analyzing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Buffalo Wild Wings earned a news sentiment score of 0.03 on Accern's scale. They also gave press coverage about the restaurant operator an impact score of 46.10 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the next few days.
How do I buy shares of Buffalo Wild Wings?
Shares of BWLD can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Buffalo Wild Wings' stock price today?
One share of BWLD stock can currently be purchased for approximately $156.95.
How big of a company is Buffalo Wild Wings?
Buffalo Wild Wings has a market capitalization of $2.43 billion and generates $1.99 billion in revenue each year. Buffalo Wild Wings employs 44,000 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Buffalo Wild Wings?
Buffalo Wild Wings' mailing address is 5500 Wayzata Blvd Ste 1600, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55416-1237, United States. The restaurant operator can be reached via phone at +1-952-5939943.
MarketBeat Community Rating for Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Buffalo Wild Wings and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe BWLD will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe BWLD will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.