About Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA)
Calithera Biosciences, Inc. is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company. The Company focuses on discovering and developing small molecule drugs directed against tumor and immune cell targets that control key metabolic pathways in the tumor microenvironment. It is engaged in developing agents that take advantage of the metabolic requirements of tumor cells and cancer-fighting immune cells, such as cytotoxic T-cells. The Company's lead product candidate, CB-839, is a critical enzyme in tumor cells. Its other product candidate, CB-1158, is being developed for hematology and oncology indications. CB-1158 is a potent and selective orally bioavailable inhibitor of the enzyme arginase. CB-839 is a selective, reversible and orally bioavailable inhibitor of human glutaminase. CB-1158 has single agent anti-tumor activity in syngeneic mouse tumor models that has been demonstrated to act through an immune mechanism. CB-1158 is being tested in a Phase I clinical trial in patients with solid tumors.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CALA
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.calithera.com
- Market Cap: $564.07 million
- Outstanding Shares: 35,476,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $16.29
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $14.94
- 52 Week Range: $2.20 - $20.05
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -15.14
- P/E Growth: -0.27
- Annual Revenue: $11.45 million
- Price / Sales: 49.26
- Book Value: $4.58 per share
- Price / Book: 3.47
- EBITDA: ($29,120,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -26.72%
- Return on Assets: -20.91%
- Current Ratio: 4.95%
- Quick Ratio: 4.95%
- Average Volume: 491,192 shs.
- Beta: 3.26
- Short Ratio: 3.93
Frequently Asked Questions for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA)
What is Calithera Biosciences' stock symbol?
Calithera Biosciences trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CALA."
How were Calithera Biosciences' earnings last quarter?
Calithera Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:CALA) announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August, 8th. The company reported ($0.15) earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.29) by $0.14. The business earned $7.26 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $4.80 million. View Calithera Biosciences' Earnings History.
When will Calithera Biosciences make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Calithera Biosciences' stock going? Where will Calithera Biosciences' stock price be in 2017?
6 brokers have issued 12-month price targets for Calithera Biosciences' shares. Their predictions range from $5.00 to $20.00. On average, they anticipate Calithera Biosciences' stock price to reach $14.40 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Calithera Biosciences.
What are analysts saying about Calithera Biosciences stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Calithera Biosciences stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Calithera Biosciences, Inc. is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company. It is focused on discovering and developing small molecule drugs directed against tumor metabolism and tumor immunology targets for the treatment of cancer. The Company's lead product candidate includes CB-839 which is in three Phase I clinical trials for the treatment of patients with solid tumors, leukemias, lymphomas, and multiple myeloma. Calithera Biosciences, Inc. is headquartered in South San Francisco, California. " (7/13/2017)
- 2. JMP Securities analysts commented, "Calithera Biosciences reports achievement of PK and PD goals in the Phase I trial of CB-1158, which entitles the company to receive a $12MM milestone payment as per its collaboration agreement with Incyte (INCY, MO, PT UR, Bayko); reiterate our Market Outperform rating and $12 price target based on a synthesis of our DCF, SOTP, and comparable company valuation methodologies. We view this early milestone achievement as further validation of the company's collaboration with INCY as well as of the subject of the agreement, CB-1158, a first-in-class arginase inhibitor and potential immunotherapeutic. CB-1158 has thus far demonstrated favorable pharmacologic activity in human subjects, with elevated plasma arginine levels consistent with those seen in preclinical cancer models. We remind investors that additional clinical data for CB-1158 in the setting of immuno-oncology are expected in mid-2017." (3/28/2017)
Who are some of Calithera Biosciences' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Calithera Biosciences include Dynavax Technologies Corporation (DVAX), NeuroDerm (NDRM), Athenex (ATNX), Epizyme (EPZM), Xencor (XNCR), REGENXBIO (RGNX), Retrophin (RTRX), Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN), Ignyta (RXDX), Reata Pharmaceuticals (RETA), Omeros Corporation (OMER), Revance Therapeutics (RVNC), Cytokinetics, Incorporated (CYTK), Alder BioPharmaceuticals (ALDR), La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company (LJPC), CytomX Therapeutics (CTMX), Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX) and ZIOPHARM Oncology (ZIOP).
Who are Calithera Biosciences' key executives?
Calithera Biosciences' management team includes the folowing people:
- Susan M. Molineaux Ph.D., President, Chief Executive Officer, Co-Founder, Director
- Curtis C. Hecht, Senior Vice President - Business and Corporate Development
- Christopher J. Molineaux Ph.D., Senior Vice President - Development
- Keith Orford M.D. Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Clinical Development
- Eric B. Sjogren Ph.D., Senior Vice President - Drug Discovery
- Stephanie Wong, Vice President - Finance, Secretary
- Francesco Parlati Ph.D., Vice President - Research
- Deepa R. Pakianathan Ph.D., Lead Independent Director
- Sunil Agarwal M.D., Independent Director
- Jonathan G. Drachman M.D., Independent Director
How do I buy Calithera Biosciences stock?
Shares of Calithera Biosciences can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Calithera Biosciences' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ CALA)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Calithera Biosciences and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Calithera Biosciences stock can currently be purchased for approximately $15.90.
Consensus Ratings for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Hold Rating, 5 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.83)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$14.40 (9.43% downside)|Consensus Price Target History for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA)
Analysts' Ratings History for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/5/2017||William Blair||Initiated Coverage||Outperform -> Outperform||N/A|
|6/12/2017||HC Wainwright||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$14.00 -> $19.00||Low|
|6/6/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$15.00 -> $20.00||High|
|4/3/2017||Leerink Swann||Reiterated Rating||Outperform -> Outperform||$16.00||Medium|
|3/28/2017||JMP Securities||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$12.00 -> $12.00||Medium|
|1/24/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Upgrade||Sell -> Neutral||$5.00||N/A|
|3/9/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Lower Price Target||Market Outperform||$20.00 -> $12.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA)Earnings History by Quarter for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ CALA)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/8/2017||Q2 2017||($0.29)||($0.15)||$4.80 million||$7.26 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2017||Q1 2017||($0.36)||($0.22)||$1.40 million||$4.19 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 16.30%Insider Trades by Quarter for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 71.88%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/28/2017||Adage Capital Partners Gp, L.L||Major Shareholder||Sell||576,000||$15.64||$9,008,640.00|| |
|7/17/2017||Keith Orford||VP||Sell||2,120||$18.31||$38,817.20|| |
|7/6/2017||Curtis Hecht||SVP||Sell||700||$18.00||$12,600.00|| |
|5/19/2017||Curtis Hecht||SVP||Sell||650||$16.00||$10,400.00|| |
|3/22/2017||Adage Capital Partners Gp, L.L||Major Shareholder||Buy||487,804||$10.25||$4,999,991.00|| |
|3/13/2017||Curtis Hecht||SVP||Sell||600||$14.00||$8,400.00|| |
|11/16/2016||Adage Capital Partners Gp, L.L||Major Shareholder||Buy||500,000||$3.15||$1,575,000.00|| |
|11/16/2015||Curtis Hecht||VP||Sell||970||$6.58||$6,382.60|| |
|9/23/2015||Adage Capital Partners Gp Llc||Major Shareholder||Buy||106,968||$6.03||$645,017.04|| |
|9/4/2015||Adage Capital Partners Gp Llc||Major Shareholder||Buy||90,300||$5.93||$535,479.00|| |
|8/28/2015||Adage Capital Partners Gp Llc||Major Shareholder||Buy||172,126||$5.27||$907,104.02|| |
|10/15/2014||Adage Capital Partners Gp Llc||Major Shareholder||Buy||181,700||$6.96||$1,264,632.00|| |
|10/7/2014||Jean George||Director||Buy||300,000||$10.00||$3,000,000.00|| |
|10/7/2014||Morgenthaler Venture Partners||Major Shareholder||Buy||350,000||$10.00||$3,500,000.00|| |
|10/1/2014||Adage Capital Partners Gp Llc||Major Shareholder||Buy||800,000||$10.00||$8,000,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA)
Latest Headlines for Calithera Biosciences (NASDAQ:CALA)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Calithera Biosciences (CALA) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017